Any MS SQL server driver for JDBC for window NT ?

Dear all,

Any MS SQL server driver for JDBC for window NT ?

Thanks for reply.

Victoria
0
01512244d (9)

 For SQL 2000 you can download MS's free one from www.microsoft.com/sql

> Any MS SQL server driver for JDBC for window NT ?
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> Victoria

 Neil Pike
 Protech Computing Ltd
 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)

0
neilpike (12)
10/28/2004 7:12:05 AM
[posted and mailed]

Victoria (01512244d@polyu.edu.hk) writes:
> Any MS SQL server driver for JDBC for window NT ?

I have a few listed on http://www.sommarskog.se/mssqlperl/unix.html.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
esquel (7068)

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

[Q] WebSphere 3.5 under Windows NT4 SP6 with MS SQL Server & MERANT JDBC Driver
[Q] WebSphere 3.5 under Windows NT4 SP6 with MS SQL Server & MERANT JDBC Driver Hi folks. One of our client is experiencing problems with the above configuration. (The application is a standard JSP/Servlet web app.) They have to reboot the windows box on a regular basis, because of WebSphere hanging. I would never set up WAS with MS SQL Server, but they have other apps that need it... :-( Does someone have a clue ? Should they upgrade WAS and/or setup a kind of bridge between the MS SQL Server database and one better suited for WAS ? Change their JDBC driver ? thanks for your he...

First JDBC Driver with JDBC 4.0 API for MS SQL Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C5DE63.8E188F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable i-net software releases i-net MERLIA 7 (beta1) for MS SQL Server which = supports JDBC 4.0, the new release of the Java Database Connectivity API = which is a new major release with significant improvements on = ease-of-use and programmer productivity. The new JDBC version introduces = support for new SQL 2003 data types including native XML also. While prior JDBC releases focused on improving functionality and = introducing new features, JDBC 4.0 offers major benefits in the = ease-of-use of the JDBC API.=20 As databases become increasingly capable of storing large amounts of = binary and textual data, JDBC 4.0 offers extended support for the CLOB = (character large object) and BLOB (binary large object) SQL data types. = Perhaps the most significant enhancement in SQL 2003 is support for XML = as a native database data type. JDBC 4.0 will be part of J2SE 1.6. Related Links: a.. Major changes in the JDBC API 4.0=20 b.. Driver Feature Matrix=20 c.. JDBC 4.0 specification on the Sun site=20 d.. Free download of a trial version Volker Berlin i-net software GmbH 10969 Berlin - Germany http://www.inetsoftware.de ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C5DE63.8E188F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

Problem with JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server
Dear All, I developed an web application which use MS SQL Server 2000. I encounter the following SQLException "[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error setting up static cursor cache". Did anyone encounter this problem before? What does this exception mean and how to solve this problem? [Remarks: The web application work properly on development machine and this machine but encounter this exception when move to another machine, so is this exception related to the machine?] Thank you for your attention. Yours faithfully, Benny Benny wrote: > Dear Al...

MS SQL server JDBC beta drivers
hello, I'm trying to find a copy of MS's beta JDBC drivers, as i've read they support SQL7 (they took support for 7 out of the release drivers - thanks bill). anyone know where i can find a copy? i've done extensive google searches. thanks G http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4f8f2f01-1ed7-4c4d-8f7b-3d47969e66ae&DisplayLang=en john smith <user@example.net> wrote in message news:<d72gb.13656$k74.8961@lakeread05>... > hello, > > I'm trying to find a copy of MS's beta JDBC drivers, as i've read they > support SQL7 (they took support for 7 out of the release drivers - > thanks bill). anyone know where i can find a copy? i've done extensive > google searches. > > thanks > > G ...

MS SQL Linked Servers(Linking MySQL to MS SQL) Collation problem.
Hello, I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? P?vels Mihailovs (iceravenlv@gmail.com) writes: > I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a > table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and > th...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

java.sql.Date value truncated using JDBC in MS-SQL Server
Hi, I'm trying to write a java.sql.Date to a database and the minutes/ seconds etc. are not being written. I've seen and tested many examples found via searches and still have come up with nothing. Here's what I have: java.sql.Date formation - recommended constructor forms: java.sql.Date entryDttm = new java.sql.Date(System.currentTimeMillis()); OR java.sql.Date entryDttm = new java.sql.Date(new java.util.Date().getTime()); // prepared statement insert pstmt.setDate(1, entryDttm); // what is written to database 2007-02-07 12:00:00.000 // what needs to be written 2007-02-08 09:37:25.793 The above date value is written when I insert using the SQL method GETDATE() in a straight SQL Insert statement. The field is stored in a MS SQL Server 8.0 database and is defined as a 'datatime' or 'smalldatetime' field. How can I replicate the results of GETDATE() into 'datetime' and 'smalldatetime' fields in a MS-SQL Server database (or is it possible?). Would a timestamp datatype make more sense? I'm using MS_SQL Server JDBC drivers. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! ddog wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to write a java.sql.Date to a database and the minutes/ > seconds etc. are not being written. I've seen and tested many examples You multi-posted this one to comp.lang.java.programmer as "Re: java.sql.Date truncated when written to DB. How to obtain full date?". F...

JDBC+Linux -> MS Access/MS SQL??
I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and Linux. I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to configure. Do anyone can give me a solution? Thanks Vincent You can try the jTDS driver (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds), performs really good. Or you can buy some other jdbc driver for MS SQL Server. /Klas "Vincent Ho" <vincenthkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fb01e579.0308061746.3bf10a6b@posting.google.com... > I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, > however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and > Linux. > I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... > However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to > configure. > Do anyone can give me a solution? > > Thanks > Vincent Vincent Ho wrote: > I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, > however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and > Linux. > I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... > However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to > configure. > Do anyone can give me a solution? > > Thanks > Vincent Accessing SQL server from ...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

php accessing MS-SQL Server on windows
I will be creating a small web site using php/apache/SQL Server running on a Win2000 server. It sounds as if there a number of alternatives for accessing SQL Server: mssql* functions, ADOdb object, using a ADO COM object, ODBC calls, etc. Has anybody out there evaluated the alternatives for speed, error handling, quality of documentation, etc? TIA Don't use ADO COM--it leaks memory when used in PHP. The mssql_* functions have the problem of truncating varchars longer than 255 characters (need to cast them to text type first), but work fine otherwise. Do not use the MSSQL functions...

MS SQL Server: NT Authentication. Possible?
Hi! Is it somehow possible to access an MS SQL Server database from python by NT-Authentication or do I have only the possibility to use an SQL-Account with DB = odbc.odbc(myDB/myAccount/myPW) ? Kind regards Dirk ...

discussion group for MS SQL JDBC driver?
Hello, Is there any mailing list, discussion group for MS SQL JDBC driver? Best regards, -- Joe Joe Wong wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any mailing list, discussion group for MS SQL JDBC driver? > > Best regards, > Do you mean the MS supplied JDBC driver, or a driver for MS SQL? MS' JDBC driver has been updated for ages, and does not work very well either. I prefer JTDS which does have forums here: http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=33291 Thomas Joe Wong wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any mailing list, discussion group for MS SQL JDBC driver? server: msnews.microsoft.com group: microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver robert ...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

RE: MS SQL Server: NT Authentication. Possible?
[Dirk=20Hagemann] |=20Hi! |=20Is=20it=20somehow=20possible=20to=20access=20an=20MS=20SQL=20Server=20= database=20from=20python |=20by=20NT-Authentication=20or=20do=20I=20have=20only=20the=20possibility= =20to=20use=20an |=20SQL-Account=20with=20DB=20=3D=20odbc.odbc(myDB/myAccount/myPW)=20? (dsn=20examples=20from=20http://www.connectionstrings.com/) +=20Object=20Craft=20MSSQL=20module: http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/ can=20do=20by=20specifying=20blank=20username/pwd <=3D=20Python=202.3=20only +=20adodbapi:=20http://adodbapi.sourceforge.net=20 can=20use=20Trusted=20Connecti...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

MS SQL Reporting Service in Windows 2003 Server
Hi, I tried to Develop one Report in SQL Reporting Service. I have installed SQL Reporting Serivice in Windows 2003 machine. SQL Server Database is in another machine, running on Windows 2000. I developed and deployed the report and all went fine. When I tried to see the report through the Report Service Manager Web Page it is comming properly. But When I tried to See the report in another web page, I'm not able to see the images. But the Data is getting Displayed and only Image is not comming. When I exported the report to Excel, the Image is comming over there. I am using Repor...

jdbc connection problem to ms sql server 2000
What have been done: ------------------------------- installed jdbc driver for ms sql server 2000; found a sample / edited it to form some java code for testing connection to a sql server 2000 db; compiled it; java run time/environment: jre1.5.0x Problem: when attempted to execute/run the java class even adding all the correct classpath (for mssqlserver.jar and the two jar files), and yet jre complained about class not found error, wtf? searched the NG for possible solution to no avail. dissed. what's wrong? tia. Problem resolved. Stupid MS default path for the driver installation. Setting the classpath at dos command line like c:\program files\... is the culprit. NickName wrote: > What have been done: > ------------------------------- > installed jdbc driver for ms sql server 2000; > found a sample / edited it to form some java code for testing > connection to a sql server 2000 db; > compiled it; > > java run time/environment: jre1.5.0x > > Problem: > when attempted to execute/run the java class even adding all the > correct classpath (for mssqlserver.jar and the two jar files), and yet > jre complained about class not found error, wtf? > > searched the NG for possible solution to no avail. dissed. > > what's wrong? > > tia. ...

Copy database from AS/400 DB2 TO MS SQL Server
I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. <ramkumar.nv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143785543.497908.302390@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database > to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables > and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. > Generate a build script for the database using op manager. Don't use the DB2 extensions - just plain ANSI. Then, wit...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Web resources about - Any MS SQL server driver for JDBC for window NT ? - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

HPE struggles as server market grows
The fourth quarter of 2015 saw an increase in servers shipped worldwide, compared to a year before, with revenue also rising. Those are the results ...

INSIDE HILLARY'S EMAIL SERVER: The Entire Criminal Enterprise Known as the Clinton Foundation Laid Bare ...
By America Rising It’s a well-established fact that by setting up her private email server in the basement of her New York home, Secretary Clinton ...

The Division Servers Are Having Serious Trouble During Launch
Like all popular online-centered games where millions of people are lining up to play, The Division has stumbled out of the gate with some server ...

Qualcomm server chips available now to ARM developers through cloud service
Qualcomm's elusive server chips have been available only to top-tier cloud players, but now any developer will be able to work with them using ...

Another Ex-State Dept. Official Refuses To Talk To Congress About Hillary’s Server
Another Ex-State Dept. Official Refuses To Talk To Congress About Hillary’s Server

Microsoft's SQL Server Database Is Heading to Linux
Next year, Microsoft plans to release a version of its hybrid-cloud-friendly database software for the open-source operating system.

'DEVASTATING WITNESS' spilling beans on Clinton's server to FBI
'DEVASTATING WITNESS' spilling beans on Clinton's server to FBI

Another State Department IT guy refuses to talk to Congress about Clinton’s email server
... His direct subordinates were discovered to be among the geek squad who knew of – if not worked on – the process of setting up the private server ...

ign.com - 500 Server Error
ign.com - 500 Server Error