Best way to move datafile from C drive to D

I obviously did not search the archives on the right terms so what is
the easiest and fastest way to move a 3G database from a nearly full C
drive to the nearly empty D drive that should have been used.

I could back it up, drop it, recreate it using the D drive, and restore
it but it seems like there should be a way to just move the datafile
and use if from the new location.

I am thinking that detatch/attach is the best method, but I would like
confirmation or suggestions on how to proceed or things to be aware of
when using this method.

-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)

the safest method is to do a backup and restore; however, you can
detach, move, and reattach  (usually) with no problems.  Of coruse,
before doing any operation such as this, you should take a backup first
(which is why the first method is recommended).

Stu

Stu (stuart.ainsworth@gmail.com) writes:
> the safest method is to do a backup and restore; however, you can
> detach, move, and reattach  (usually) with no problems.  Of coruse,
> before doing any operation such as this, you should take a backup first
> (which is why the first method is recommended).

The advantage with detach/attach is that you don't have to wait for
the new data file to be initiated. For a 3GB database that's maybe 5-10
minutes on SQL 2000. SQL 2005 has some quick initiation under some circum-
stances.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
8/17/2006 10:04:26 PM
Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> Stu (stuart.ainsworth@gmail.com) writes:
> > the safest method is to do a backup and restore; however, you can
> > detach, move, and reattach  (usually) with no problems.  Of coruse,
> > before doing any operation such as this, you should take a backup first
> > (which is why the first method is recommended).
>
> The advantage with detach/attach is that you don't have to wait for
> the new data file to be initiated. For a 3GB database that's maybe 5-10
> minutes on SQL 2000. SQL 2005 has some quick initiation under some circum-
> stances.
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

OK, the plan is

1- that the customer is going to try to lock the end-users out of the
application
2- I will backup the database
3- I will detatch it
4- I will copy the files to the new location
5- I will attach the db
6- I will test accessing some data
7- the customer will open the application

In the event of serious problems I will drop the database, recreate it,
restore using the backup over the new version, and fix the user access.

Sounds easy enough.
-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)
8/17/2006 11:15:34 PM
Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> In the event of serious problems I will drop the database, recreate it,
> restore using the backup over the new version, and fix the user access.

You don't have to create the database prior to restoring it. RESTORE will
do that for you.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
8/18/2006 7:15:00 AM
Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> > In the event of serious problems I will drop the database, recreate it,
> > restore using the backup over the new version, and fix the user access.
>
> You don't have to create the database prior to restoring it. RESTORE will
> do that for you.
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

I know a restore can recreate a database but since I want to change the
location of the datafiles will it in this case allow me to change them
on the screen where it shows the datafile names?  I have changed them
when I overlaid a production database with a test (upgrade) version
that ran on the same server but I changed them to existing files for
the existing producion database that I wanted to overlay.

I should take a few minutes and try this on the test server.

Thanks -- Mark --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)
8/18/2006 1:53:39 PM
You want to use the WITH MOVE option; check the BOL.  However, detach,
move, and attach should work fine.

HTH,
Stu

Mark D Powell wrote:
> Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> > Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> > > In the event of serious problems I will drop the database, recreate it,
> > > restore using the backup over the new version, and fix the user access.
> >
> > You don't have to create the database prior to restoring it. RESTORE will
> > do that for you.
> >
> > --
> > Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
> >
> > Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> > Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx
>
> I know a restore can recreate a database but since I want to change the
> location of the datafiles will it in this case allow me to change them
> on the screen where it shows the datafile names?  I have changed them
> when I overlaid a production database with a test (upgrade) version
> that ran on the same server but I changed them to existing files for
> the existing producion database that I wanted to overlay.
>
> I should take a few minutes and try this on the test server.
>
> Thanks -- Mark --

Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> I know a restore can recreate a database but since I want to change the
> location of the datafiles will it in this case allow me to change them
> on the screen where it shows the datafile names?

Don't know what the screen permits, and I don't want to engage in guessing
what it does.

The syntax is:

   RESTORE DATABASE db FROM FILE = 'yourdump.bak',
     WITH MOVE 'logicalfilename1' TO 'newlocation.mdf',
          MOVE 'logicalfilename2' TO 'newlocation.ldf',
          REPLACE

The logical file names talked about here, are those you see when you dp
sp_helpdb in the first column in the second result set. You can also
retrieve this with RESTORE FILELISTONLY.

The command above with create the database files, and then restore the
backup.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
8/18/2006 4:01:30 PM
Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> > I know a restore can recreate a database but since I want to change the
> > location of the datafiles will it in this case allow me to change them
> > on the screen where it shows the datafile names?
>
> Don't know what the screen permits, and I don't want to engage in guessing
> what it does.
>
> The syntax is:
>
>    RESTORE DATABASE db FROM FILE = 'yourdump.bak',
>      WITH MOVE 'logicalfilename1' TO 'newlocation.mdf',
>           MOVE 'logicalfilename2' TO 'newlocation.ldf',
>           REPLACE
>
> The logical file names talked about here, are those you see when you dp
> sp_helpdb in the first column in the second result set. You can also
> retrieve this with RESTORE FILELISTONLY.
>
> The command above with create the database files, and then restore the
> backup.
>

> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

I used attach/detach and it seemed to work fine.  The slow part was
moving the 1.2G and 3.5G datafiles to the new locations.  I swear the
copies took 3X longer the making the backups I made before I tried the
detatch/attach.

Thanks to all
-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)

Moving oracle database from d: drive to e: drive
Hi, We have taken a copy of our oracle databases from d: drive Win2K to e: drive (new HDD). The oracle server is installed on c: drive and not changed. What configuration changes to I need to do to point the oracle server to the new databases on the new drive?. Thanks, Hitesh "hitesh" <bagadiya@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:7e33e239.0410190503.164bf76a@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > We have taken a copy of our oracle databases from d: drive Win2K to e: > drive (new HDD). The oracle server is installed on c: drive and not > changed. What configuration changes to I need to do to point the > oracle server to the new databases on the new drive?. > > Thanks, > > Hitesh Execute "alter database rename ... " for all files: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_15a.htm#2125247 Or create a backup control file to trace, edit the generated trace file and execute it: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_15a.htm#2078532 Change the control_files parameter in your init.ora file as well as the *dump_dest parameters... -- Regards Michel Cadot ...

Moving SWAP from C to D drive?
Hello, A friend wants to move his swap file from the C drive to the D to save disk space on his too small, old pc. Any dangers in doing this he should be made aware of? Is it just a matter of Control Panel-> System -> Performance and selecting the D drive for the virtual memory? He is using Windows ME. Many thanks in advance... .... Bob Bob wrote: > Hello, > > A friend wants to move his swap file from the C drive to the D to > save disk space on his too small, old pc. > > Any dangers in doing this he should be made aware of? Is it just a >...

OT;Install game on drive C or D? Virtual Memory drive D?
What would be the best performance setup when installing a game on WXP with two hard drives and 1GB memory? With the drive C as boot (WXP) drive and drive D as slave drive, what would be the best setup below? Mainly for first person shooter games. 1. Install the game on drive D and also use drive D for the Virtual Memory Paging file. 2. Install the game on drive D and keep Virtual Memory on drive C. 3. Install the game on drive C and use drive D for Virtual Memory. 4. Install the game on drive C and use also use drive C for Virtual Memory because it does not make much difference in perform...

I can't move from c: to D: or any other drive
Hi GUYS! i am facing a problem in this program chechk it. #include<iostream.h> #include <stdlib.h> void main() { system("D:"); system("dir"); } the problem i face over here is that it can't move to d drive it shows the files in c: mean dir in c: So how can i use it ? On 2007-10-25 12:23, Xohaib wrote: > Hi GUYS! > i am facing a problem in this program chechk it. > > #include<iostream.h> > #include <stdlib.h> > void main() > { > system("D:"); > system("dir"); > > } &g...

XP on C drive and FreeBSD on D drive.
I have windows Xp on my C drive and FreeBSD6.0 on the D drive.I want to delete the D partition and clean up the D drive . But when i tried to delete the partition and login to WinXp ,some boot loader message are shown at the system startup and i am not able to even login to Xp. Any solution for the above would be highly appreciated. Thanx & Regards Nirmal Pant Nirmal (nirmalpant05@gmail.com) wrote: > I have windows Xp on my C drive and FreeBSD6.0 on the D drive.I want to > delete the D partition and clean up the D drive . But when i tried to > delete the partition and login to WinXp ,some boot loader message are > shown at the system startup and i am not able to even login to Xp. Boot from the XP CD, start the emergency console, run fixmbr. Helmut -- Please do not feed my mailbox, Swen still does his job well ...

How is the best way to send data from local database into remote database ?
Hi gurus, I need to send data and receive data from local Oracle database into remote oracle database. Both sites connected via 128 kbps frame relay connection. The send and receive is as follow : - RECEIVE Customers data from remote Database -> this to be done if there is new or updated customer - SEND Billing data from local Database into remote database -> this is onece a week, nightly How is the best way to do this under the above mentioned bandwidth ? Thank you very much, xtanto On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 00:12:51 -0700 (PDT), krislioe@gmail.com wrote: >Hi gurus, > >I need to send data and receive data from local Oracle database into >remote oracle database. Both sites connected via 128 kbps frame relay >connection. The send and receive is as follow : > >- RECEIVE Customers data from remote Database -> this to be done if >there is new or updated customer > >- SEND Billing data from local Database into remote database -> this >is onece a week, nightly > >How is the best way to do this under the above mentioned bandwidth ? > >Thank you very much, >xtanto Once and for all: THE ORACLE DOCUMENTATION IS AT http://tahiti.oracle.com Refer to distributed databases. YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO STOP ABUSING THIS FORUM AS A FREE DOCUMENTATION ABSTRACTION SERVICE. IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO READING THE DOCUMENTATION, PLEASE QUIT YOUR JOB, AND FIND SOMETHING WHICH DOESN'T USE YOUR BRAIN, LIKE CLEANING STREETS. BUT BY ALL M...

Best way to backup laptop hard drive? (drive imaging utilities)
This is the first time I have owned a laptop. It took me dozens of hours to setup Windows XP, install my applications and customize my environment. I backup my data files often, but this doesnt help me if my laptop is lost or stolen or my hard drive fails. I will have to start from scratch to reinstall and tweak my setup on a new machine. I want to avoid this potential problem as I am currently in school. I am considering using a hard disk imaging type of backup program such as Norton Ghost or Power Quest Drive Image 7.0. In theory this would allow me to restore the configuration I had on my p...

Moving configuration best way !!
Hello, I want to know the best way to change my configuration what i want to do is to create subinterfaces and at the moment, the physical has a configuration so i want to migrate everything (ACL's, NAT, NAMES, ASDM, etc...) without modifying NAMEIF, IP ADDRESS... from physical interface to same physical but as a subinterface. I know i will have first to do : Ethernet1 NO NAMEIF DMZ NO IP ADDRESS 10.10.10.10 Ethernet1.1 NAMEIF DMZ IP ADDRESS 10.10.10.10 VLAN 10 i think at the moment i will do NO NAMEIF everything in the configuration associated to NAMEIF DMZ will be removed. Thanks In article <1147543160.792760.66100@d71g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, <tacticman@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to know the best way to change my configuration what i want to >do is to create subinterfaces and at the moment, the physical has a >configuration so i want to migrate everything (ACL's, NAT, NAMES, ASDM, >etc...) without modifying NAMEIF, IP ADDRESS... from physical interface >to same physical but as a subinterface. You haven't indicated even the manufacturer's name, let alone the model. Based upon your reference to ASDM, and your use of subinterfaces, it would appear you are using either a Cisco PIX running 7.x software, or a Cisco ASA55x0 running 7.x software ? If so, then comp.dcom.sys.cisco would be a better location to ask in. >I know i will have first to do : >Ethernet1 >NO NAMEIF DMZ >NO IP ADDRESS 10.10.10.10 >Ether...

[newbie to C++] what is the best way to...
Hi I'm writing a client/server application (actually rewriting it from C). I need three classes, one for connecting and handling this connection (client class), one for listening (server class) and one handling the connections for each client (server class). I have two helper classes (with not yet determined scope of members (private/public/protected)): class Address { unsigned char ip[4]; /**< IP in network byte order */ unsigned char port[2]; /**< port in network byte order */ bool ishostname; /* this writes resolved address into ip[] and port[] */ void resolve_ho...

What is the best way to move Samba PDC
I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would like to move the PDC functionality to another server (current PDC running on Red Hat 8 - would like to move to Fedora 6). What is the best way to do this? Can I just move the /etc/samba files to the new server? Thanks doverbey@optonline.net On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:48:08 GMT, "Overbey" <doverbey@optonline.net> wrote: >I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would >like to move the PDC functionality to another server (current PDC running on >Red Hat 8 - would like to move to Fedora 6). What is the best way to do >this? >Can I just move the /etc/samba files to the new server? > >Thanks >doverbey@optonline.net > Interesting Q .. There is a lot of info to be found on the Inet covering the subject .. I followed it to the letter but I'm still in deep doodoo ergo the new server config nicely screws up my roaming user profiles and not in the least the admin profile (which for any magical reason seems to be read-only all of a sudden) so ifanyone has a magic recipe .. :-) Still no answer -- can some one suggest something or a pointer to something???? Thanks doverbey@optonline.net "Overbey" <doverbey@optonline.net> wrote in message news:smCei.107835$Sa4.35762@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would &...

[C.D.O.S][C.D.O.T] RMAN and SYSOPER
Hi There, Can any of you give me some tips on running RMAN via SYSOPER rather than SYSDBA? Currently, when I run RMAN, I use an RMAN command line similar to this: rman TARGET / CMDFILE crosscheck10.rcv LOG crosscheck10.txt I don't see that it specifies SYSOPER or SYSDBA. How do I write an RMAN command line which connects as SYSOPER? -Owen On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:11:36 -0000, "owensmith99@gmail.com" <owensmith99@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi There, > >Can any of you give me some tips on running RMAN >via SYSOPER rather than SYSDBA? > >Currently, when I run RMAN, I use an RMAN command line similar to >this: > >rman TARGET / CMDFILE crosscheck10.rcv LOG crosscheck10.txt > >I don't see that it specifies SYSOPER or SYSDBA. > >How do I write an RMAN command line which connects as SYSOPER? > >-Owen You don't write an RMAN command line which connects as SYSOPER. All RMAN operations require SYSDBA. BTW: where do you find it *documented* you can do this? Please also refrain from crossposting. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA ...

(let (a b c) (let (d) ...)) vs. (let (a b c d) ...)
Hi, first of all, thanks to those who pointed out the relevant CLiki page for my last question. Now, however, I have come across something I find extremely puzzling, and I suspect there is something fundamental I don't understand about Lisp, (let) in particular. I have written some code that works well as long as it is interpreted. As soon as it is compiled, though, I get strange errors like: ________________________________________________________________ Error in function C::FIND-IN-ENVIRONMENT: #<C::LAMBDA-VAR #x485C9E65 NAME= #:DLEFT121> not found in #<C:...

Converting database to MS-SQLServer from PostGRESQL
Forgive me if this question is a bit too generic, if it is, feel free to just not respond. I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. My question is, does anyone have any documentation on how to convert a database from the Postgre platform to SQL server? Is it possible using an ODBC connection to import a database structure including table definitions, views etc into SQL Server? Failing this, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start - I did attempt to go through the SQL code and modify it to suit SQL server, but it's about 3,500 lines of code excluding the insert statements (which themselves are also wrong) and almost every line needs something changed when comparing SQL syntax from Postgre to MSSQL server Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions. Engada. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Engada wrote: > I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of > years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. > > It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not > syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. pg_dump has a number of flags that may help, e.g. --inserts What specific types of syntax errors do you encounter? Googling (Postgr...

Best way to delete a software with its database?
Sorry for the mistake....... :) MODs pls delete this thread ,should b in the other forum -- Favorite Palm Game: http://www.micromagiclabs.co me@privacy.net wrote: > Sorry for the mistake....... :) MODs pls delete this thread ,should be > in the other forum. Eh? You need to generate a cancel message for your own posts. -- Brian Morrison please observe reply-to address ...

Migration of an Access Database. How is the best way?
Hello there, I am migrating an Access database to Sql Server. There are many many problems with the access database (Schema and data) that need to be fixed in the process. What I was initially doing is writing a script which changes the schema and data as I go. I then planned to run this script when we go live with the SQL Server version. After working on this for a month or so I'm realising that perhaps this isnt going to work. There are just too many changes and scripting everything takes ages compared with just writing a new schema. What I was thinking would be better would be to create a brand new schema and just write a script to import the old data. What do most people normally do? Any advice would be very much appreciated John Sheppard I have normally done it this way: 1). Import all Access table to staging tables in SQL Server 2). Create the correct schema 3). Write scripts to transfer data from staging tables to the new schema Creating new schema in SQL Server is a good idea because SQL Server has more superior support for constraints and referential integrity. Also, it is best to define the correct data types as straight conversion from Access results in many columns defined as NVARCHAR(255). HTH, Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com "Plamen Ratchev" <Plamen@SQLStudio.com> wrote in message news:hcqdneZUU6v-QszVnZ2dnUVZ_tXinZ2d@speakeasy.net... >I have normally done it this way: > > 1). Import all Access tab...

best way to init in c++?(DX9)
Hello, i'm trying to find the best way to init in c++, i'v tryed pointing _HAL -> _REF&32... what is better? (i'm using the most simple init possible) void initD3D(HWND hWnd) { d3d = Direct3DCreate9(D3D_SDK_VERSION); // create the Direct3D interface D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS d3dpp; // create a struct to hold various device information ZeroMemory(&d3dpp, sizeof(d3dpp)); // clear out the struct for use d3dpp.Windowed = TRUE; // program windowed, not fullscreen d3dpp.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD; // discard old frames d3dpp.hDevi...

Move a database to another drive letter...
I have a database on one server, on drive E: and I wish to move it to another server on drive C:. What do I need to do? Thanks Let me add a little to this as it is not quite as simple as I've made it sound. I have a Progress 9.1C database running on one machine with the dB on the volume referred to as E: I wish to move this database to a new server, using drive C: and run it under OpenEdge 10.1. I would copy the database from E: to C: on the existing 9.1C server and "repair" it, then copy to the new one and upgrade, but drive C: on the old server does not have sufficient space for this. I could install 9.1C on the new server and run the repair there, but I wish to avoid that, if possible. NewarkGoss wrote: > I have a database on one server, on drive E: and I wish to move it to > another server on drive C:. > > What do I need to do? > > Thanks NewarkGoss wrote: > Let me add a little to this as it is not quite as simple as I've made > it sound. > > I have a Progress 9.1C database running on one machine with the dB on > the volume referred to as E: > > I wish to move this database to a new server, using drive C: and run it > under OpenEdge 10.1. > > I would copy the database from E: to C: on the existing 9.1C server and > "repair" it, then copy to the new one and upgrade, but drive C: on the > old server does not have sufficient space for...

Best way to add more hard drives
I've got a question and I'm fishing for ideas.... On my home server, I have two 160 GB IDE drives in a RAID-1 array. I also have available two 120 GB IDE drives that I would like to add.... If I add them as a second RAID-1 array, I will end up with a total of 280 GB. But I really would like to add them in a more efficient way - RAID-5 perhaps. RAID-5, though, would still leave 80 GB unused (40 GB on each 160 GB drive). So, is there a better way to set these up, using all of the space? One other problem is that I don't have any place to put the data on the 160 GB drives, so I...

Creating/Moving datafiles on Networked Drives?
I'll admit right off, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to Oracle...anyway... We're "evaluating" 9i, rel 2, installing it on a fresh server. The point of this evaluation is to see if we can install the Oracle DB here in the lab, and have the actual data reside "somewhere else" (in a department that actually has the money to maintain and BU a SAN). This mystery department has given us access to TB's of disk space, but the only way we can get to it is via mapped NW drives, over the campus fibre BB. So during the DB creation wizard for dummies process, I've tried telling it to make the datafiles on this networked drive. Not happening. So in enterprise manager, I've tried making a new datafile on the networked drive. Not happening. Tried UNC and drive letter. Not happening. I can, however, move and create datafiles all day long on the local drive. Now...I'm sure that Oracle, and the rest of you DBA's, have figured out how to make Oracle work in a SNA environment....anyone want to share the wealth of knowledge? And...for those of you that are going to reply "call your Oracle DBA....", I AM the (reluctant and unwilling)Oracle DBA. THis is state gov't baby! Efficiency at its best! Thanks in advance.... Tom Colson, North Carolina State University "Tom" <tom_colson@ncsu.edu> wrote in message news:b7654ba0.0405021312.568e0e8f@posting.google.com... > I'll admit right off, ...

innerApply[{f, g}, {{a, b}, {c, d}}] = {f[a, b], g[c, d]} ?
This seems to work fine, but there must be a less clumsy way to do it: Clear[innerApply, functionList, argumentList, f, g, a, b, c, d] innerApply[functionList_, argumentList_] := Table[functionList[[j]] @@ argumentList[[j]], {j, 1, Length[functionList]}] In[770]:= innerApply[{f, g}, {{a, b}, {c, d}}] Out[770]= {f[a, b], g[c, d]} TIA, Fred Klingener Fred Klingener schrieb: > This seems to work fine, but there must be a less clumsy way to do it: > > Clear[innerApply, functionList, argumentList, f, g, a, b, c, d] > > innerApply[functionList_, argument...

best way to get a //c monitor cable?
Hi, today I picked up an Apple //c. It is complete with monitor and all original manuals software. The system/mon were dusty and in need of cleaning, but they are not yellowed at all! What a great deal huh? Well I put the thing together and it does look interesting with it's tiny screen.. but THERE WAS NO MONITOR CABLE. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! So now I cant use my new toy!!! What is the best way or most econ way to get a mon cable for this little computer? thanks for any light you can shed on the subject kevin contact: http://profiles.yahoo.com/kevstar242 What...

Best way to create Bignum from C extension
I've been hand-translating some Ruby code into C for an extension and have come across the need to create and return a Bignum from the extension. I see that there is a macro INT2NUM that will produce a Bignum from long or long long, but what is the best way to create an arbitrarily sized Bignum from a byte array packed as: [a, b, c] -> (a * (256 ** 0)) + (b * (256 ** 1)) + (c * (256 ** 2)) in other words, reversing the array and flatting it would produce the correct binary representation of the number. I tried creating a Fixnum with INT2FIX(0) and then using rb_funcalls to incr...

Best way to partition 300gb System Drive?
Hello all, I'm making the jump from a 120gb IDE drive to TWO 300gb SATA drives (Maxtor 6B300S0 drives). I'm doing away with the IDE drives all together, and going purely SATA. My question is.. what is the suggested partitioning scheme when using such a large drive as the system drive? With 80gb and 120gb drives I've used in the past, I've simply used one big NTFS partition. But with these 300gb drives, I imagine that isn't suggested.. and may hinder performance when using a system partition that big. So my question would be in two parts I guess... 1. Wh...

Web resources about - Best way to move datafile from C drive to D - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Architects Datafile (@ArchitectsDF) on Twitter

Nieuport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and its products (including ignition components) were marketed to the aviation industry. During this time, their first aircraft were built, starting ...

Stephen Harper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stephen Joseph Harper , PC MP (born April 30, 1959) is the 22nd and current Prime Minister of Canada and leader of the Conservative Party . Harper ...

PAL vs NTSC
There has been endless debate on the relative meritsof the quality of PAL images versus the quality of NTSC images. In thisarticle, I want to ...

AV Club - Haunted Concourse
skip to main - skip to sidebar Have Words, Will Travel The shirt says professional, but the sneakers say freelance. Friday, October 19, 2012 ...

The Infocom Bugs List
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++THE UPGRADED, CONSOLIDATED, INFOCOM BUGS LIST by Graeme Cree+++++++++++++++++ ...

1000 Genomes at 2,100+ and counting
... included some Khmer Vietnamese (KHV) from the previous working data for use with my K12a calculator. The list of populations in the datafile ...

Hackers Claim Release of 1 Million Apple IDs
Hackers claiming to have stolen information on 12 million Apple Inc. user accounts from an FBI computer said they have released some data from ...

wiki:syntax [Buxr Wiki]
DokuWiki supports some simple markup language, which tries to make the datafiles to be as readable as possible. This page contains all possible ...

探索ORACLE之RMAN 02基本使用_数据库/开发_比特网
RMAN工具是Oracle8i为了更好的实现数据库备份恢复而推出来的一实用工具,可以实现数据库的在线的备份和恢复从而不影响业务的正常运行。 探索ORACLE之RMAN 02基本使用