Can Analysis Server and Report Server run on SQL Server 2000 Cluster

I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on
SQL Server 2000 before.  Now I have been asked to install these on a
failover Cluster we have.

Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our
network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS.  When I ran the
install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it
recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster.  After it said it
successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow
problem.

Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)?

-- Mark D Powell --
0
Mark.Powell (1630)

On Aug 10, 2:57=A0pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow...@eds.com> wrote:
> I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on
> SQL Server 2000 before. =A0Now I have been asked to install these on a
> failover Cluster we have.
>
> Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our
> network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. =A0When I ran the
> install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it
> recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. =A0After it said it
> successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow
> problem.
>
> Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)?
>
> -- Mark D Powell --

I had found a document that said RS 2000 can run on a cluster but what
the document had not made clear is that
while the RS 2000 database can be on a cluster that RS itself cannot
run on the cluser:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/deploy/rsdepgd.ms=
px

I found that AS 2000 can be installed on a cluster but the directions
require a lot of manual steps:
   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308023

I have yet to try the manual steps and there are also special
instructions for applying AS SP4.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

SQL Server 2000 Failover Cluster upgrade to SQL Server 2005
I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) database that it finds on the server. When I ckeck the install details it tells me that "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found appear to apply. Any ideas? -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) > to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the > installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) > database that it finds on the server. > > When I ckeck the install details it tells me that > "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" > > I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found > appear to apply. > > Any ideas? Exactly when do you get this error? And do you have a cluster in the first place? I have not run that many upgrades (if any at all) to SQL 2005, but do you really select which *database* to upgrade? The upgrade is per instance, as far as I know. In any case, it may be simpler to install a new server instance rather than upgrading, not the least on a cluster. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: h...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Running a MS-Access BE and an SQL-Server BE on same TS Server
What are the implications of running a MS-Access BE and an SQL-Server BE on the same Terminal Server? Assuming that the TS can handle the load are there any other issues? Thanks Patrick Patrick Fisher wrote: > What are the implications of running a MS-Access BE and an SQL-Server > BE on the same Terminal Server? > > Assuming that the TS can handle the load are there any other issues? > Thanks > Patrick You either serve the Access "front end" as a terminal server published application or you just stick an Access "back end" on it in which case the server is nothing more than a file server. Which are you talking about? Certainly in the case of the latter the added load would be minimal. If you plan on installing Access on the server and running Access apps from the server then the added load would be significant as your number of users climb. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Hello Rick We are talking about a customer who currently runs 4 TSs with load balancing running SQL Server to about 80 users, the data is held on a 5th TS, this system is running a program called scala and works at an acceptable speed accross an ADSL VPN Against my advice they have installed our Access97 Runtime using DFS and BE on one of the TSs, this across the VPN is very slow when Scala users a logged on. They have restricted the Access Runtime to on...

SQL server replication from non-clustered database servers
Hello, Being a bit of a SQL Server novice, need some advice with the following situation. Server A and Server B have SQLServer 2000 based databases. The vendor of the application/system has implemented their own replication process to ensure the 2 databases are in sync. However, there is no clustering with virtual IP addresses implemented. So to an external client/db, it is 2 identical databases with the same name on 2 distinct servers. We need to develop an application that will reside on a networked server C and with SQLServer 2000 as well. While most of the tables in this database are self contained, around 10 tables will have to be mirror copies of the same tables from either Server A or Server B. Question, how do we implement subscription based replication on top of a redundant database, when no clustering is implemented? So, in essence, when Server A is alive, the database on Server C will periodically (or on change) replicate the 10 tables from Server A. When Server A is not alive, it needs to do same from server B. (When both server A and B are alive, it is acceptable to get data from either, since they are synchronized internally). Any alternate suggestions on achieving this functionality are welcome too. If SQL Server 2005 has some capabilities that may address this problem, that is a consideration as well. Thanks Pls take a look at Alternate Synchronization Partners in merge replication. On SQL Server 2005 you might consider peer-to-peer transactional repl...

Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server
How do I do this when my instalation cd is an old veriosn with no SP�s? Win 2003 requires MS SQL 2000 SP3 sp what do I do??? Regards Anders > When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the > end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3 > immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the > microsoft web site. Actually not. It says: Ms SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Ediditon server componenet is not supportet on this operating system. Only client componentes will be avaible for instalation. I juts read that bef...

Running MS Access db as a Linked Server on SQL Server
Hi, Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no one wants to touch. I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider String, (Location, Catalog)? Thanks a bunch. This might help; note the table about halfway...

Once a week Kerberos failure between IIS6 web server and SQL Server 2000 db server
Hi, Regularly once a week we get problems with a Kerberos failure on ouintranet application. Kerberos is set up with Constrained Delegation and Protocol Transition. Configuration: S3 ...

A server for SQL Server
We are considering migrating our Access backend to SQL Server or something similar. I am hearing rumors that our server will have to be a really expensive, beefed-up version. Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks, Hank Reed No, because it's bogus. You can run SQL Server on some *very* minimal equipment, but remember that you get what you pay for. Running SQL on a under-powered machine works, but you loose time as the employees wait for it to respond. Think of it as owning a high performance car (Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) as your desktop machine. It will seem like quite a waste if the only place you have to run it (the server) is on city streets. Likewise your network is also an issue. If you network can't handle the load.... Basically, you want your server to be faster then the client PCs, however you also should remember that you also want to transfer as much processing as you can from the Access application to the SQL Server to take advantage of the reduced network load and speed of a SQL Server. As such, and if you transfer the queries to the SQL Server, the Server machine doesn't have to be anywhere as "powerful" as the client machines hooked up to it. 3 or 4 systems back seems to be a good "rule of thumb" when looking at a machine to run SQL Server. The number of transactions and users who need to access the machine can change that upwards however. Or downwards, if only a couple of people need it. On 28 Jul...

Explicitly fail a SQL Server Job in SQL Server 2000
I have a SQL Server job, which runs mutiple steps. One of the steps (step 3) looks for a record in the database. How can I explicitly fail the SQL server job if the database record does not exist? You can use RAISERROR with a severity level of 11 or higher to indicate failure. Simon Thanks Simon. That worked. ...

SqlSpec

Sql Server 2000 linked server to Access 97/2000 incompatability
We are experiencing a problem with Sql Server 2000 linking to an Access 97 file. We have two machines that link to this .mdb file, and we recently upgraded one to newer hardware, SP3a, MDAC 2.8, etc. The link on this upgraded machine no longer works, giving this message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize r...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

MS Access, SQL Server, Web server
Scenario -------- I am planning to write an application using MS Access as front-end. User enters records (mostly 15 records or less per user per day) into an Access database. Having done that, users click a button to transfer these records to a web server hosting an SQL Server database (set up by a service provider). Each record represents a job; provider will update its status when a job is done. At the end of day, user will open up the database to enquire the records status, which will be retrieved from the web server (through HTTP protocol) A service provider will probably have 2000 records/jobs per day, which will be fetched from the web server to its PC for job scheduling purposes. Question -------- Can someone advise me as to how to go about doing this ? I have read a little on WinInet APIs of MS Visual Studio 6, but I am still not sure; eg how to get SQL server to send data to client PC using HTTP. Thanks for your advice. I can't really understand the scenario here. You are going to have to explain this better. 1. Who are the users? What do they do? Are they mobile in that they are not connected to the network when they are working, like traveling salesmen? 2. Who are the service providers? I'm assuming that these are not Internet Service Providers or Application Service Providers, but rather people who work for the company and do things for customers. What kind of jobs do they do? Do they provide their services in places where they h...

Linked Server Limit in SQL Server 2000
I am about to start working on a project where I would be required to dynamically create linked servers during the execution of an application. One of the requirements is for the Link Servers to be created and dropped before and after the retrieval of the data. My question is about any type of cap on the number of linked servers SQL Server 2000 can have registered at any single time. If I find out that there is some type of cap, I would need to look into another way to deal with my linked server needs. Thanks for any help/information you might be able to provide. TBlair (tblair23221@yahoo.co...

File Server Database Apps and SQL Server?
Like a lot of database developers, I often choose Jet for the back- end. I'm starting to worry about what will happen when Jet is deprecated. Ostensibly, Jet users like me must switch to SQL Server (or MSDE / SQL Express), but there's something I just don't understand. Without Jet, how will we create file server database applications? In other words, how will we create multi-user apps which use a file server to share data and don't require a database server? I've seen many discussions of Access vs. SQL Server, but I've never seen this question addressed head-on. I can speculate on three possible answers, but I'm not sure which one Microsoft intends: In a Jet-less world, 1) there will be no file server database apps, only database server apps. 2) there will be file server apps implemented somehow with SQL Server. 3) there will be file server apps, but Microsoft will cede this niche to its competitors; thus, we will use neither Jet nor SQL Server, but some other product, to implement them. If anyone knows where things are going, I'd be grateful if you share your understanding. -TC TC wrote: > Like a lot of database developers, I often choose Jet for the back- > end. I'm starting to worry about what will happen when Jet is > deprecated. Ostensibly, Jet users like me must switch to SQL Server > (or MSDE / SQL Express), but there's something I just don't > understand. > > Without Jet, how will we create file s...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpr...

Can SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 be installed on same machine?
I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine without conflicts? As in two different instances? John Dalberg John Dalberg <john_dd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<tpnme2253onv.6h4z5zpbsegl.dlg@40tude.net>... > I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server > 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine > without conflicts? As in two different instances? > > John Dalberg From what I understand of the...

New IBM Laptop running SQL server cannot connect to another sql server on network
I am trying to connect a new LBM Laptop to an SQL server on the network and I get "test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider, [dbnetlib][connectionopren(connect()),] SQL server does not exist or access denied. The laptom has sql server running on it locally and I am trying to connect to an SQL server on the network. Thanks Tom Hi You should make sure that SQL Server is at Service Pack 3a on both machines and check the MDAC installation on the laptop with the MDAC component checker (see microsoft download centre)? If you can connect to the network SQL Server f...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Web resources about - Can Analysis Server and Report Server run on SQL Server 2000 Cluster - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... ascribed to Isaac Newton , in the form of a practical method of physical discovery (which he did not name). The field of chemistry uses analysis ...

TeleAnalysis - Latest Telecom News , Telecom Analysis, Telecom Business Reviews, Smartphone and Tablet ...
For Ericsson, India is a high growth market in 2014. India as a region has shown highest growth and has grown by 20 percent in the fourth quarter, ...

Australian Formula One grand prix: race analysis
The result was as expected, but the turn of events that preceded the predicted Mercedes&nbsp;sweep of the Australian Grand Prix meant the race ...

Analysis: Donald Trump's triumph leaves Republicans facing choice between principles and presidency
Donald Trump's victory in Florida makes it official. The Republican Party is at war with itself, and facing a damaging showdown at July's convention, ...

Police: $10 Million Uber Lawsuit A Hoax, Handwriting Analysis Clears Accused Kalamazoo Shooter
Police in Kalamazoo say a $10 million lawsuit against Uber purportedly filed by the man accused of fatally shooting six people in southwestern ...

Utility-Scale PV Projects: First US Statistical Performance Analysis
... profitability depends directly on how well projects perform over [&hellip Utility-Scale PV Projects: First US Statistical Performance Analysis ...

Analysis of Republican Supreme Court logic and goals
What are the risk/reward calculations apparently motivating Mitch McConnell’s actions? Here is my take ,,, and remember that the election is ...

Cadence launches complete IC packaging design and analysis solutions for fan-out WLCSP
Cadence Design Systems has announced the availability of foundry-proven IC packaging design and analysis solutions for advanced fan-out wafer-level ...

Google's BinDiff Binary Code Analysis Tool Is Now Free
The tool allows security researchers to quickly disassemble and inspect code in related binary files, Google officials said.

Analysis: Wii U has twice as many top-rated exclusive games as PS4 and Xbox One combined
... — exclusive games. The top-rated Super Mario 3D World is one of the games that has put the Wii U ahead of the Xbox One and PS4 in our analysis ...