Course 2073: Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database

Hello
I need this course (Course 2073: Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Database )
from Microsoft materials.
If someone knows from where can I download this materials or could sent mi
thsi course, please help me. I will be very gratefull.

Thanks

0
mkempka (1)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Restore SQL Server 6.5 database in SQL Server 2000
Hi, Do you know if it is possible to restore database (backup) from SQL Server 6.5 in SQL Server 2000? Best Regards, Wojtek -- (Remove bez.syfu get my e-mail address) ...

Restore of Case Insensitive Database to a Case Sensitive Database
Yesterday I received a response to my CI/CS Collation problem and the recommendation was to try and restore a CI Collation database to a CS Collation database. After creating a blank CS database a full restore (Force restore over existing database) does change the Collation to CI. I'm unsure as to how I can restore without changing the Collation. Any suggestions? Hi. Check out this article: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/vg_database_comparison_sp.asp If appears that if you can put the CI db on another box and create a linked server to it you should be able to bring over every...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

Import XML file to database (MS Server 2000) using procedure (transact sql) ???
I must import some exemplary file to database (MS Srrver 2000) ofcourse using procedure Transact SQL. This file must: 1.Read the xml file 2. Create table 3. Import this date from xml file to my database Ps. I create procedure who File xml imports to base, but unfortunately she only schedule when earlier create a table or table is created.So I need (I think) create such mini parser in language transact SQL. Does someone have some ideas? For every help Thanks ==== example file xml =========================================== <root> <Cust> <IDosoby>1</IDosoby> <Imie>Lukasz</Imie> <Nazwisko>Przypadek</Nazwisko> </Cust> <Cust> <IDosoby>2</IDosoby> <Imie>Dariusz </Imie> <Nazwisko>Mroz</Nazwisko> </Cust> <Cust> <IDosoby>3</IDosoby> <Imie>Tomasz</Imie> <Nazwisko>Kolo</Nazwisko> </Cust> </root> =========================================================== -- Luk Not sure of the exact requirement. But if you can parse the XML and then using OPENXML shred it into a new table. SELECT * INTO <MyNewTable> FROM OPENXML (@idoc, '/root/') Where @idoc is the document handle of the internal representation of an XML document. -- HTH, Vinod Kumar MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD ...

Exam 70-229 :Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-229.mspx 1. Is this exam still available. It does appear on the ms site, but since it is 2000, i was not sure if it is still available or not ? 2. Are there any sites like a study group or q/a posted by people who have attended this in the past Thank you ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Learn how to turn data into solutions with SQL Server 2000, Visual Basic .NET, and XML. Get a fundamental grasp of SQL Server 2000 data access, data manipulation, and data definition T-SQL programming techniques, Visual Basic .NET language enhancements, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET integrated development environment advances, and the state-of-the-art technologies of the .NET framework. If you're looking for expert insights on how to build powerful, secure solutions with SQL Server 2000 and Visual Basic .NET, this is t...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

Transferring Data from MSDE Database to SQL 2000 Database
Hi all, Here is my situation. I have an application that uses SQL 2000. The client has a program that uses MSDE. The client MUST have the MSDE version of the Database. What I have done is to create a SQL 2000 Database that is exactly like the MSDE version. What I wish to do, is at regularly scheduled intervals, update the SQL 2000 Data with the newest MSDE Data. On my clients server, they have both MSDE and SQL 2000 installed the msde has a user name and password to access it, whereas the SQL 2000 uses authenticated mode to access it. What I'm trying to do is to write a bunch of SQL Queries, that I can run that will copy over the new Data, but I'm having problems accessing the msde database in query analyzer from the SQL Database Can anyone give me hints on the best way to try this Thanks Scott [posted and mailed, please reply in news] (smahler@datexmedia.com) writes: > Here is my situation. > I have an application that uses SQL 2000. The client has a program > that uses MSDE. The client MUST have the MSDE version of the Database. > What I have done is to create a SQL 2000 Database that is exactly like > the MSDE version. What I wish to do, is at regularly scheduled > intervals, update the SQL 2000 Data with the newest MSDE Data. > > On my clients server, they have both MSDE and SQL 2000 installed > the msde has a user name and password to access it, whereas the SQL > 2000 uses authenticated mode to access it. > >...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

DROP Database sql server 2000
Hi, i have two servers. database A on server A . database A on server B (both sql server 2000 - both same d/b - server B being the standy by).if i delete databse A on server Ai have to deleted the standyby copy on server B. can anybody please guide me as to how to do this. Thanks, Shark. shark (xavier.sharon@gmail.com) writes: > i have two servers. database A on server A . database A on server B > (both sql server 2000 - both same d/b - server B being the standy > by).if i delete databse A on server Ai have to deleted the standyby > copy on server B. > > can anybody please guide me as to how to do this. On SQL 2000 the only way is to explicitly drop both databases. On SQL 2005, you could set up a DDL trigger, although I'm not sure that it would be worth the effort. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

SQL server 2000
my database status is suspect - what can I do to rebuilt it ( using enterprise manager or something else ) ? regards IJKK Jaros�aw Kozik (jkozik@op.pl) writes: > my database status is suspect - what can I do to rebuilt it ( using > enterprise manager or something else ) ? Why did it become suspect in the first place? This is not a situation that is easy to assist with over the net, since a lot of information may be neeeded. A database can become suspect because of lack of disk space, because of corruption etc. Search for "suspect" in Books Online, and see if any of the topic you find seem to apply to your situation. Else I would recommend you to open a case with Microsoft, at least if this a production database that would be costly to lose. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx I think, my database is strong corupted. Becouse when I try to connect database to server I see MSServer error 9004. I dont konow how rebuild it . regards IJKK Uzytkownik "Erland Sommarskog" <esquel@sommarskog.se> napisal w wiadomosci news:Xns993359BB9159Yazorman@127.0.0.1... > Jaros�aw Kozik (jkozik@op.pl) writes: >> my database status is suspect - what can I do to rebuilt it ( using >> enterprise mana...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

How does SQL 2000 Server back up user database?
Hi All, Would someone give me an explanation on how SQL 2000 server backs up a user database? Is SQL server make a copy of user database first, and then backup it up to a defined backup device? Or is it going straight to the defined backup device. Thanks, Bob. "B-BoB" <balebob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1110561950.350420.193350@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Would someone give me an explanation on how SQL 2000 server backs up a > user database? Is SQL server make a copy of user database first, and > then backup it up to a defined backup device? Or is it going straight > to the defined backup device. > > Thanks, > Bob. > The backup goes straight to the backup file or device - there's no 'temporary' copy of the data, if that's what you mean. Part of the transaction log is included in the backup, to make sure that the data is consistent. Simon ...

Sqlserver 2000 database on Oracle 9 server
Hi! how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. or how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. Thanks Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > or > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > Thanks > Oracle Transparent Gateway. Heterogeneous services. ASCII files. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073922683.284194@yasure>... > Hubert Mayr wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > > or > > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > > > Thanks > > > > Oracle Transparent Gateway. > Heterogeneous services. > ASCII files. I have read some articles about this, but I am a little confused about the difference between "Oracle Transparent Gateway" and "Heterogeneous services". I want to create a database link so that the application (logging on to Oracle) will not know whether the table is actually stored in Oracle or in SQL Server. Do I need Oracle Transparent Gateway to make this possible or ...

Connecting to a Remote SQL Server 2000 Database
I am trying to connect to a SQL Server 2000 database that resides at our web hosting provider for my church thorugh MS Acess 2003. We use a Microsoft Small Business Server and all of the client PC's are running Win XP Pro. I can make a connection to the database from the server itself, after opening up the necessary ports and entering the server IP address, database name, user id, and password. I can also connect to the same database from my home PC using Access. However, when I try to connect to it with Access from one of the church's client PCs, I get this error message: "SQL server does not exist or access denied." I suspect it has something to do with our firewall, but evrything I have tried has been for naught. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what I need to do to make this work? Thanks. Possibly a long shot but... does the church's ISP block the sql server ports? I think some of the ones around here did after blaster. Check out this MS support article for info on connecting thru a fw : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287932&sd=tech Can you connect via normal SQL tools from this client pc, tho? You might grab a port scanner and see if you can see 1433 on the server as a quick test to see if it is blocked. Norm wrote: > I am trying to connect to a SQL Server 2000 database that resides at > our web hosting provider for my church thorugh MS Acess 2003. We use a > Microsof...

Web resources about - Course 2073: Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Computer programming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding ) is the process of designing , writing, testing , debugging , and maintaining ...

Coding faster than I can tweet — the Harker Programming Invitational
jurvetson posted a photo: We learned that my son’s team was accepted the prior night, but we did not know what the contest was about. The challenge ...

IBM brings Swift to the cloud, releases web framework Kitura written in Apple’s programming language
Only months after Apple officially open-sourced Swift , IBM today is announcing that they are bringing Apple’s Swift programming language to ...

Upfront Report: Scripps to Double Down on Holiday Programming, Halloween Through Christmas
Scripps Network is doubling down on its holiday programming. As part of its pitch to advertisers during the 2016 upfronts, the cable programmer ...

Stephanie Todd Upped to VP Programming at HLN
Stephanie Todd has been promoted to vp of programming at HLN. Todd, who has been with CNN Worldwide more than 20 years, will have oversight ...

JavaScript Dominates As The No. 1 Most Used Programming Language
Programming languages come and programming languages go. Unless you are JavaScript.

HBO to deliver 600 hours of original programming in 2016 as Netflix rivalry intensifies
As we've touched on previously, the sheer volume of original programming being churned out by Netflix is unprecedented. Illustrating the company's ...

New! The A/V Club: #BlogHer16 Programming Track
... calls to action to increase views Different ways to promote your YouTube content on all of your social media channels Our conference programming ...

Univision Charges AT&T With “Redlining” As Programming Goes Dark On U-Verse
Univision lost access to about 5.6 million U-Verse subscribers last night as the Spanish language broadcast company and AT&T failed to agree ...

Sunday Afternoon ESPN Programming Is Grim
There’s really something to be said for ESPN’s Sunday afternoon programming, when the Worldwide Leader cedes all sports coverage to the broadcast ...