DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400

Hi,
I'm trying  to dug this issue since couple of days but couldn't find
any solution.

I have SQL server 2000 SP 3 and Host Integration Server 2000 SP 1
running. I'm able to download data from AS400/DB2(V5R2M0) into SQL
server, using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 in DTS.
But when I tried to upload the same table (downloaded from AS400 into
Sql server) back to AS400, I got the following error.

HResult of 0x8004206a(-2147213206) returned Unexpected error occurred.
An error result was returned without error message.

Anyone knows any thing about plese help me with this issue. I'll
really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Noor
0
noor (1)

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Converting database to MS-SQLServer from PostGRESQL
Forgive me if this question is a bit too generic, if it is, feel free to just not respond. I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. My question is, does anyone have any documentation on how to convert a database from the Postgre platform to SQL server? Is it possible using an ODBC connection to import a database structure including table definitions, views etc into SQL Server? Failing this, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start - I did attempt to go through the SQL code and modify it to suit SQL server, but it's about 3,500 lines of code excluding the insert statements (which themselves are also wrong) and almost every line needs something changed when comparing SQL syntax from Postgre to MSSQL server Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions. Engada. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Engada wrote: > I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of > years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. > > It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not > syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. pg_dump has a number of flags that may help, e.g. --inserts What specific types of syntax errors do you encounter? Googling (Postgr...

AS400 to AS400 data transfer
Hi I need to place a trigger on a set of tables on an AS400 to fire off whenever new records are added to these tables. This trigger program will then transfer the data to another AS400 across a WAN. This will allow us to transfer orders from one system to another. Can anyone tell me how I would achieve this. Normally if it had been a PC I would have used an ODBC type application but I am not sure what is available to me for AS400 to AS400 data transfer. I know that we can transfer a SAVF by FTP but this is not a route I would like to go down. I would prefer to populate tables directly if p...

Help for XML data type in ms-sqlserver
Hi guys, ive searched net but could not find a suitable technique assume i have two tables; table : invoice ID bigint identity DOCNUMBER nvarchar(30) DATE datetime table : invoicedetails ID bigint identity PRODUCTID bigint (assume we have a product table, and this field is FK to product.ID AMOUNT numeric(18,3) PRICE numeric (18,2) INVOICEID bigint (FK to invoice.ID) i am trying to save an invoice (lets say DOCNUMBER: A001, date : 04.09.2012 with two lines PRODUCTID=1, AMOUNT=10, PRICE=5.25, PRODUCTID=2, AMOUNT=5, PRICE=4.75) the common technique is inserting into invoice table first, getting the identity ID value for master record, and saving lines with this INVOICEID in a loop. now i want to design a sqlserver stored procedure with an xml parameter, and returning identity ID value in invoice table. my xml should look like that; <ROOT> <INVOICE> <DOCNUMBER>A001</DOCNUMBER> <DATE>04.09.2012</DATE> <LINES> <LINE> <PRODUCTID>1</PRODUCTID> <AMOUNT>10</AMOUNT> <PRICE>5.25</AMOUNT> </LINE> <LINE> <PRODUCTID>1</PRODUCTID> <AMOUNT>10</AMOUNT> <PRICE>5.25</AMOUNT> </LINE> </LINES> </INVOICE> </ROOT> with one shot, i want to save this schema into database. dbo.proc_saveinvoice(xmlinvoice:xml) any idea? Tha...

Accessing data from an MS Exchange server from with Oracle
This may be more appropriately posted in an Exchange ng but I wanted to ask here first - we are looking to see if, from within Oracle (9i or 10g), there are any supported methods or gateways that enable us to access calendar information from an MS exchange server (versions tbc)? Has anyone here looked into it before or could point me in the direction of a resource that I might be able to get more information from? With many thanks for any assistance -- jeremy On 30 Oct, 09:22, jeremy <jeremy0...@gmail.com> wrote: > This may be more appropriately posted in an Exchange ng but I wanted > to ask here first - we are looking to see if, from within Oracle (9i > or 10g), there are any supported methods or gateways that enable us to > access calendar information from an MS exchange server (versions tbc)? > Has anyone here looked into it before or could point me in the > direction of a resource that I might be able to get more information > from? > > With many thanks for any assistance > > -- > jeremy I'm no Exchange expert, however, Oracle's Heterogeneous Connectivity may get you started in the right direction: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14232/toc.htm HTH -g On 30 Oct, 09:22, jeremy <jeremy0...@gmail.com> wrote: > This may be more appropriately posted in an Exchange ng but I wanted > to ask here first - we are looking to see if, from within Oracle (9i > or 10g), there are any suppo...

Sqlserver 2000 database on Oracle 9 server
Hi! how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. or how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. Thanks Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > or > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > Thanks > Oracle Transparent Gateway. Heterogeneous services. ASCII files. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073922683.284194@yasure>... > Hubert Mayr wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > > or > > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > > > Thanks > > > > Oracle Transparent Gateway. > Heterogeneous services. > ASCII files. I have read some articles about this, but I am a little confused about the difference between "Oracle Transparent Gateway" and "Heterogeneous services". I want to create a database link so that the application (logging on to Oracle) will not know whether the table is actually stored in Oracle or in SQL Server. Do I need Oracle Transparent Gateway to make this possible or ...

Data, data, data,
I have been tasked to dump around 400GB of data in physical files into a flat files and the transfer them from an iSeries 810 V5r3 to a windows server. I was going to CPYTOIMPF to a stram file and then copy over to the Windows server from the IFS. Anyone have a better idea or any suggestions? Thanks, Thad Rizzi Hi Thad If you have loads of free disk space on your 810 then your method is fine but if not you may consider Simply FTPing or iSeroes Access file transfering the files directly from the iSeries files to Windows Text file. You can get the either FTP or iSeries Access to carry out...

Exporting data from a proprietary ms-dos database solution
We have an old system running under dos for the administration of a block of flats. The system is pretty locked up, the only "export" we can do is printing. Even the printer setup is pretty non existent. It prints to a local printer on fanfold. No choice of printer drivers. Is it possible to capture the printer output and redirect it to a text file? I can remember using commands like "capture" from the dos-promt in the early nineties. Can anyone help? Ingmar Hemesen Yes, prn2file does exactly that, it is free and in most archives of dos software. A...

AS400 Data Access from a Windows 2K web server
I need to create an order inquiry application that will run on our website. The application will need to join information from our AS400 with data from the SQL Server 2000 database we use for most of our web applications. This is our first application that will be accessing the AS400 to retrieve information, and the method used will be the basis for all future applications of this type. So, it is important that we use the best option available. Our website is hosted on Windows 2000 Servers using ASP pages written with VBScript and served using IIS. The only database we currently use on th...

Copy data from one database instance to another on the same server
I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database that is on the same server. What is the best method of doing this? Can I use SQL Developer/PL/SQL, or must I use an external tool? Thanks CJM "CJM" <cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:4qu2buFoeuvbU1@individual.net... >I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live >database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database >that is on the same server. > > What is the best method of doing this? Can I use SQL Developer/PL/SQL, or > must I use an external tool? > > Thanks > > CJM > I've tried using the Import From Database feature in OEM, but when I enter the Host Credentials I get the following error: "CJM" <cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:4qu2buFoeuvbU1@individual.net... >I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live >database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database >that is on the same server. > > What is the best method of doing this? Can I use SQL Developer/PL/SQL, or > must I use an external tool? > > Thanks > > CJM > I've tried using the Import From Database feature in OEM, but when I enter the Host Credentials I get the following error: RemoteOperationException: ERROR: Wro...

Moving server database data to a client Javascript array
I need to move data from server side SQL database table (MSSQL, ASP, VbScript) to a client side Javascript multi-dimensional array and then reverse the process after manipulating the data. Currently I step through the table with ASP and move the information into the Javascript array using: myarray[a][b] = '<%= rs("field1") %>'; for each element. Is there a better way? This seems a bit cumbersome. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONY...

Importing data from an Excel spreadsheet into an MS Access database
I need to import data from a spreadsheet that is created new every day into an MS Access database. The data is in a workbook consisting of multiple work sheets. I plan to import using the TransferSpreadsheet method. The name of the spreadsheet will change every day, but the position of the data to be imported will always be the same. Here is my problem: Having never used this method before, I am unsure as to what to put in the Range parameter. The Range is (let's say) B26:L26 in a sheet labeled "TodayData". How would I put that in the Range parameter? Help in VBA only shows how to import from a spreadsheet with a single sheet. I worked the problem out for myself. FYI the range includes the worksheet name thusly: "sheet4!B26:K26" costcontrol97@yahoo.com (Doug Beacher) wrote in message news:<50727121.0401211756.264e0841@posting.google.com>... > I need to import data from a spreadsheet that is created new every day > into an MS Access database. The data is in a workbook consisting of > multiple work sheets. > > I plan to import using the TransferSpreadsheet method. The name of > the spreadsheet will change every day, but the position of the data to > be imported will always be the same. > > Here is my problem: Having never used this method before, I am unsure > as to what to put in the Range parameter. The Range is (let's say) > B26:L26 in a sheet labeled "TodayData". How would I p...

ms-sqlserver: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab delimited data files Available! Each record include the full "whois" fields info and homepage info: Domain Name, Registrant Company, Contact, Address, City, Tel, Fax, Email, Administrative Company, Contact, Address, City, Tel, Fax, Email, Technical Company, Contact, Address, City, Tel, Fax, Email, Billing Company, Contact, Address, City, Tel, Fax, Email, Zone Company, Contact, Address, City, Tel, Fax, Email, Name Servers until 6 name servers with IP addresses Record Created on Date, Record Updated on Date, Record *Expires* on Date Domain Title, Domain Description, Domain Keywords (*Category*), First 300 Words in the Domain Website Homepage. Download Free Demo, Screenshot, see Products Details or Order On-Line at www.promotionsite.net. Available On-Line many other Promotion Products. Instant Shipment or Download On-Line Registered Versions available! Best Regard...

Can I use PHP for selecting and writing data into a server-database?
Hi, I like to build a small simple dinamic website: Point-of-sale (detail-shop), So entering stock, logging all sales, print out invoices and download the logs to be imported into Excel. I once could write a bit in ASP/SQL/HTML/JAVASCRIPT and even some Excel-VBA but have lost most knowledge about that and I never know a lot nor did I know how to set up a simulating PC to write and test the website. I don't want to spend much money buying Microsoft product, so I've heard that PHP with MySQL can do it for free, right? But all I find is that PHP can look up data in a file on the server...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Accessing data from an MS access db from an Oracle UNIX server
Hello, I am a newbie to Oracle databases.... We have a visualization front-end tool connected to an Oracle back-end database on a Tru64 UNIX server. We also have clients with MS access databases who would like to share their data using this visualization tool but do not want to import their data into the Oracle server back-end. Is there any way we could use the Oracle backend to query the MS Access databases and merge this data with other data in the Oracle back-end for presentation by the visualization tool? Perhaps through ODBC or some other standard? The Oracle back-end is a a Tru64 UNIX server running Oracle 8i. Any input would be appreciated. Andrea Segovia A/Project Manager Andrea M. Segovia wrote: > Hello, > > I am a newbie to Oracle databases.... > > We have a visualization front-end tool connected to an Oracle back-end > database on a Tru64 UNIX server. We also have clients with MS access > databases who would like to share their data using this visualization > tool but do not want to import their data into the Oracle server > back-end. > > Is there any way we could use the Oracle backend to query the MS > Access databases and merge this data with other data in the Oracle > back-end for presentation by the visualization tool? Perhaps through > ODBC or some other standard? > > The Oracle back-end is a a Tru64 UNIX server running Oracle 8i. > > Any input would be appreciated. > > Andrea Segovi...

Different Date format in two different databases in same ASE data server
Any way can i setup two different data format in two different Sybase database, These databases are in a same Sybase ASE data server. What i like to do. All transaction in database A using UK date format And all transaction in database B using US date format. Database A and B in same ASE server On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:20:31 -0700, Chandan wrote: > Any way can i setup two different data format in two different Sybase > database, These databases are in a same Sybase ASE data server. > > What i like to do. > All transaction in database A using UK date format And all transaction in > database B using US date format. > > Database A and B in same ASE server The date format is defined in the client application, not on the server. So that's where you need to look to set your configuration. Michael -- Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.org/resume.html ...

Using xtopdf and pypyodbc to publish MS Access database data to PDF
Wrote a program that lets you publish your MS Access database data to PDF, = using Python, ReportLab, xtopdf (my toolkit) and pypyodbc. Sharing it here. Link: http://jugad2.blogspot.in/2013/04/using-xtopdf-and-pypyodbc-to-publish-ms.h= tml Note: Saw some comments about my blog post on the Python Reddit, which made= me realize that I had not explained that similar code can be used to publi= sh data from any ODBC database (for which you have an ODBC driver, and whic= h is supported by pypyodbc), to PDF. All you have to do is change the conne= ction string in the code, and maybe a few other small tweaks for difference= s between SQL dialects of different RDBMS's. Enjoy. - Vasudev Ram www.dancingbison.com jugad2.blogspot.com ...

how to access data iin a MS Excel file using database components?
Can we read data in columns from an MS Excel file? It is possible to use the usual database components in the Delphi palete to read data in an excel file? but how? ...

Moving all DTS packages from server to server
Hi, Is there any way of copying ALL DTS Packages from server to server apart from direct copy of sysdtspackages table and saving them one by one? Thanks This tool can copy all packages or individual packages, and it also has a command line version, so you can automate copying: http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?242 Simon ...

Exchanging databases from Silemaker Server to Filemaker Server
Hi All,=20 Here it is my (wannabe) solution:=20 A) One FM server 11A (Win Machine), on the local Intranet, few clients (6) = online=20 B) One FM Server 11B (Windows Server Machine), on remote server C) One MySQL server on the remote server D) 2 distinct Databases (filemaker 11 and PHP\MySQL) with exactly the same = structure (i.e fields and tables)=20 Users of FM database and MySQL database will be different, there will be no= overlapping or editing of the same record between the 2 databases FM Server 11B and MySQL server are on the same remote machine. What I would like to...

Web resources about - DTS -- SQL Server Data to AS400 - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Review: Synology NAS, a solid backup solution and great home media server with Plex
I’ve recently been testing the brand new Synology DS-216+ NAS ($329) , a network-attached-storage product meant for consumers. Although Synology ...

HPE struggles as server market grows
The fourth quarter of 2015 saw an increase in servers shipped worldwide, compared to a year before, with revenue also rising. Those are the results ...

INSIDE HILLARY'S EMAIL SERVER: The Entire Criminal Enterprise Known as the Clinton Foundation Laid Bare ...
By America Rising It’s a well-established fact that by setting up her private email server in the basement of her New York home, Secretary Clinton ...

Another Ex-State Dept. Official Refuses To Talk To Congress About Hillary’s Server
Another Ex-State Dept. Official Refuses To Talk To Congress About Hillary’s Server

ARM Server Supporters Aim to Speed Up Software Development
Linaro's Development Cloud gives programmers access to ARM-based systems, while Red Hat says its Linux OS for ARM servers runs on Qualcomm chips. ...

New paper alleges servers, some DDR4 DRAM still vulnerable to critical Rowhammer attack
... Rowhammer exploit doesn't target software, but DRAM itself and new research confirms that this problem is still present on both high-end servers ...

'The Division' Servers Going Down For Maintenance Tonight
Ubisoft will release full patch notes later today, but I'll be curious to see what sort of tweaking the team has deemed necessary after the first ...

'ROBIN HOOD' OF IHOP? Server allegedly gave away $3,000 in free drinks
'ROBIN HOOD' OF IHOP? Server allegedly gave away $3,000 in free drinks

Apple's iCloud Will Apparently Partly Run on Google's Servers
It’s not just you that needs to upgrade your iCloud storage. A new set of reports claims that Apple has had to sign up with Google’s Cloud Platform ...