Entreprise Manager error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '#####'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.(28000,18452)"

Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and
what needs to be done to get a connection.

I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed.

I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is
coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt.

Thanks in advance!

In the future, please do not put part of your message in the subject line.
Makes it harder to read.

In any case, you're trying to do integrated login and don't have that login
set up in the DB.

You need to add that login, or change to a SQL Login.

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting           Remote and Onsite available!

"byrocat" <strikemaster2000@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and
> what needs to be done to get a connection.
>
> I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed.
>
> I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is
> coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt.
>
> Thanks in advance!

sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (ProgrammingError) ('42000', "[42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]'f2f68'
=======================case1==============================: import sqlalchemy test1 = "631f2f68-8731-4561-889b-88ab1ae7c95a" cmdTest1 = "select * from analyseresult where uid = " + test1 engine = sqlalchemy.create_engine("mssql+pyodbc://DumpResult:123456@localhost/DumpResult") c = engine.execute(cmdTest1) ======================case2===============================: import sqlalchemy test2 = "123" cmdTest2 = "select * from analyseresult where uid = " + test2 engine = sqlalchemy.create_engine("mssql+pyodbc://DumpResult:123456@loca...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I am getting the below error message from my asp application: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. /CMS/include/conniCom.inc, line 8 Details: SQL Server 2005 ASP Script IIS 6.0 I have seen posts about this error many times but in this case it is a little different. The error is not related to SQL Mixed Mode authentication not being setup on the server as this has been done, nor is it to do with Integrated Windows Security on the IIS server as this has been done aswell. Its a little different because my application is hosted on Server A (IIS Server) and is trying to connect to Server B (SQL Server). I have tried adding a linked server to Server A from Server B but I still get the same error. Can anyone give me some insight on what needs to be done here. Regards, Ben On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Benzine <bfausti@gmail.com> wrote: What's the content of this line: /CMS/include/conniCom.inc, line 8 Linked servers don't come into play here, because there is only one SqlServer: ServerB. -Tom. >I am getting the below error message from my asp application: > >Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' > >Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted >SQL Server connection. > >/CMS/include/conniCom.inc, line 8 > >Details: > >...

keep gettting errors using Sequel ODBC::Error: 37000 (170) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driv er][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '1'.
i am trying to connect to MSSQL server from xP i have the following problem for any sql. pl help ODBC::Error: 37000 (170) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driv er][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '1'. D:\Documents and Settings\>irb irb(main):001:0> require 'odbc' => true irb(main):002:0> require 'Sequel' => true <c('LPM', :user=>'resum', :password=>'ms_0416') => #<Sequel::ODBC::Database: "odbc:resum:ms_04166@/LPM"> irb(main):004:0> require 'rubygems' => false irb(main):005:0> a...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

OS X 10.6.2 / Eudora 6.2.4
Hi, I have never done this before and I am just about desperate to get eudora functioning again. I have used eudora for @15 years and it suits my needs perfectly. Although I have had issues in the past something occurred in mid-November which I have not been able to resolve and, in the process, messed up some settings. No one that I know knows how to correct this so I am hoping one of you might. So, around mid-November I suddenly was not able to send an e-mail using eudora. One of the error messages I keep getting is "Server not responding. 706". Another is "...

Pro's and Con's of SQL Server 2005 vs. SQL Server 2008
We were just informed that we have to use SQL Server (Enterprise Edition) for our projectinstead of Oracle .. Which version 2005 or 2008 do you suggest is best for stability, features, performance, memory utilization, customization, etc. Also any suggested books, websites, utilities would be appreciated also Sincerely George Lewycky NYCT New York City "George Lewycky" <gelewyc@nyct.com> wrote in message news:3547fa4c-754a-4909-bc92-9b7ed78f5ae9@g6g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > We were just informed that we have to use SQL Server (Enterprise > Edition) for our projectinstead of Oracle > . > > > Which version 2005 or 2008 do you suggest is best for stability, > features, performance, memory utilization, customization, etc. > > Also any suggested books, websites, utilities would be appreciated > also > > Sincerely > > George Lewycky > NYCT > New York City 2008. It has some great features for developers and it has Resource Governer and other features for performance management and config. For development I recommend VSTS Database Edition (bundled with Developer Edition). It helps you do automated building, testing and refactoring and should easily pay for itself through improved developer productivity. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-gb/products/teamsystem/default.mspx More SQL Server resources here: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/default.aspx -- David Portas George Lewycky (...

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon Hi Bon, If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars. You need to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in the sql server table. And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text fields. If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get errors after exceeding 250 cha...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

SQL Server Mgmt Studio won't start "invalid handle" error
I've made an install of SQL Server 2008 (evidently its Developer Edition) and also installed SP1. SP1 failed to install the first time and I learned about the Repair function in the Installation Center (the repair worked and then SP1 installed). I have a problem in that the mgmt studio won't start - I get an error "The handle is invalid" and thats it. I thought it might have something to do with .NET so I went to MS Update and installed all the .NET related stuff but no help. This is on Win2003. Thanks in advance for any assistance! Jack Jolly CAD admin URS, Princeton NJ jack08520 (jjolly972@comcast.net) writes: > I've made an install of SQL Server 2008 (evidently its Developer > Edition) and also installed SP1. SP1 failed to install the first time > and I learned about the Repair function in the Installation Center > (the repair worked and then SP1 installed). > > I have a problem in that the mgmt studio won't start - I get an error > "The handle is invalid" and thats it. I don't have any clue. I found one post saying this problem could occur if you have SQL Prompt install, but that appeared to be related to Setup, and not trying to start SSMS. There is a Service Pack 2 out SQL 2008. (Unless you really mean SQL 2008 R2). That could be worth trying. Else I would try to uninstall the tools and reinstall. No reason to touch the engine part, I think. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@somma...

Help! Sql Server 2005 kicked my Sql Server 7's You-Know-What
Life is not good. So I've got a machine that I do some development work on, nothing major, but I'd like to keep some things intact. I'm running SQL Server 7, it's an old installation, but it works and I've got a number of databases on it. So I see the new 2005 Express downloads and I download the Web Developer edition, install it, it installs 2005, but my SQL Server 7 installation now seems to be hosed. The SQL Server Service Manager still shows SQL Server 7 starting and running, but the Enterprise Manager can no longer connect, it gives a vague "General Error"...

"Microsoft SQL Servers" not showing in Computer Management.
Hi there, Got a small tech support problem. We gave our manual writer an installer that should install SQL Server (MSDE) and our software. Over the phone I've managed to ascertain that SQL Server is installed (it is running as a service, along with SQL Server Agent), but it does not show up in "Computer Management -> Services and Applications". I need to set the permissions for this user (over the phone!) in order to get our test software to work and yet it does not show here. What am I doing wrong? (and/or why would the MSDE instance not show up here?). Thanks, ...

Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Server is in single user mode.
SQL Server 2005 SP2 2005.090.3054.00 I'm trying to move master/model/msdb to a new spot. I restart SQL Server in single user mode with the "-c;-m;-T3608" startup params. When I try to connect to do the detach, I get: Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18461) But no one else is trying to connect....???? I have stopped all other services other than the main MSSQLSERVER server instance.. same result.. Any ideas appreciated.. aj I found a workaround. I simply used SQLCMD rather than Mgmt Studio. I guess Mgmt Studio must be trying to make a 2nd connection somehow, but I don't know why. I scripted this out on my test server beforehand, and Mgmt Studio connected just fine.... <scratching head>... aj aj wrote: > SQL Server 2005 SP2 2005.090.3054.00 > > I'm trying to move master/model/msdb to a new spot. I restart SQL > Server in single user mode with the "-c;-m;-T3608" startup params. > > When I try to connect to do the detach, I get: > Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Server is in single user mode. Only > one administrator can connect at this time. (Microsoft SQL Server, > Error: 18461) > > But no one else is trying to connect....???? > > I have stopped all other services other than the main MSSQLSERVER server > instance.. same result.. > > Any idea...

Explicitly fail a SQL Server Job in SQL Server 2000
I have a SQL Server job, which runs mutiple steps. One of the steps (step 3) looks for a record in the database. How can I explicitly fail the SQL server job if the database record does not exist? You can use RAISERROR with a severity level of 11 or higher to indicate failure. Simon Thanks Simon. That worked. ...

For whoever it is that actually "thought" that SQL injection is only possible with SQL Server
<quote> mysqloit - A SQL Injection takeover tool by Black on September 4, 2009 in Security Reconnaissance, Security tools, Source Code MySqloit is a SQL Injection takeover tool focused on LAMP (Linux, Apache,MySql,PHP) and WAMP (Windows, Apache,MySql,PHP) platforms. It has the ability to upload and execute metasploit shellcodes through the MySql SQL Injection vulnerabilities. </quote> http://pentestit.com/2009/09/04/mysqloit-sql-injection-takeover-tool/?wscr=1280x800 "Ezekiel" <zeke@nosuchdomain.com> writes: > <quote> > mysqloit - A SQL Injection takeover tool > by Black on September 4, 2009 > > in Security Reconnaissance, Security tools, Source Code > > MySqloit is a SQL Injection takeover tool focused on LAMP (Linux, > Apache,MySql,PHP) and WAMP (Windows, Apache,MySql,PHP) platforms. It has > the ability to upload and execute metasploit shellcodes through the MySql > SQL Injection vulnerabilities. > </quote> > > http://pentestit.com/2009/09/04/mysqloit-sql-injection-takeover-tool/?wscr=1280x800 > > Even a basic understanding of the issue would tell anyone with half a clue that SQL exploits are possibly on ALL RDBMS systems which allow dynamic query construction and submission sourced from a user accessible form. ...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

Can't connect to local SQL Server w/MS driver..
I have the classpath I am pretty sure. Here is what I am getting. It is unclear what it is telling me. The mssqlserver.jar has been put in its path many many many ways and I still get this. Any help is well appreciated. Thanks, Gil Blais --- cut here --- java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) at HOST_VILLAGES.DSX_Extraction_Badges.runTHIS(DSX_Extraction_Badges.java:25) at HOST.HOST.main(HOST.java:144) That is odd, how much more clear can it tell you than that? java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver Check your classpath that is used for that code, it does not matter how many times you added the driver, what it matters is to add it to the right place. -S. _________________________________ Bugzero all-in-one: bug tracking & help desk Free try: http://www.websina.com/bugzero/ "Gil Blais" <...

Can't connect to SQL Server(SQL Express) in VS 2005
In SQL Server Configuration Manager I apparently have a server named SQL Server(SQL Express) running - however, in VS 2005 when I try to 'add connection' (right click in server explorer) I cant see it- I would like to see it so I can create a new SQL server database. Any help much appreciated- trying to learn web programming using vb.net, asp, html, vbscript and SQL server. D DanWeaver (danofweaver@googlemail.com) writes: > In SQL Server Configuration Manager I apparently have a server named > SQL Server(SQL Express) running - however, in VS 2005 when I try to > 'add c...

Linked server security problem. Error 18456: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'
I am trying to return records from a database on a linked server. I have set up the linked server. Books online says that the default security is to use the current security context for all logins not specifically mapped. However when I click the 'Tables' node on the linked server in Enterprise manager I get the stated error. I have tried specifically mapping my NT login to itself but get the same error. What am I doing wrong? ...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpr...

Step SQL Server Integration Services Package Error in SQL Server Agent
I have built a SSIS package which runs fine in BIDS. I went into Sql Server Management Studio and created a new job and job step. When I select the SQL Server Integration Services Package, I get the below error. There are no options on selecting a SSIS package. I searched this error for about 5 hours yesterday and the only solution I could find was a user who rebooted their server which fixed this problem. I did restart the server, which did not fix the problem. Can anyone help provide more information on this problem and the solution to it? Thank you, Jason. The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) (SqlManagerUI) ------------------------------ Program Location: at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.DTSJobSubSystemDefinition.Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.IJobStepPropertiesControl.Load(JobStepData data) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobStepProperties.UpdateJobStep() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobStepProperties.typeList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Ca...

Re: [ace-users] Compile time error: "error: 'write_n' is not a member of 'ACE'"
Hi, You lack an include, include "ace/ACE.h" in your program Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl "Paresh" <pareshspednekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1173985162.346951.209100@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>... > Hi All, > > ACE VERSION: 5.5.6 > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: LINUX, Kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5, > i686 > > I tried to compile the program given below, but was giving following > compilation error: > Please help me to compile this proram > > --------------------------------------- > COMPILATION------------------------------------------ > [root@paresh ACE_MSG_BLOCK]# g++ main.C -o main -lACE -IACE_ROOT > main.C: In function 'int main(int, char**)': > main.C:9: error: 'read_n' is not a member of 'ACE' > main.C:20: error: 'write_n' is not a member of 'ACE' > ----------------------------------END > COMPILATION-------------------------------------------- > > > > ---------------------------------------------PROGRAM > main.C--------------------------------------------- > > #include "ace/OS.h" > #include "ace/Message_Block.h" > > int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { > ACE_Message_Block *head = new ACE_Message_Block(BUFSIZ); > ...

Web resources about - Entreprise Manager error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '#####'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.(28000,18452)" - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver