Export relations from SQL Server Database to MS Access

Hi
  I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have
done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the
relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys
and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that
for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX
cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.)
All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate all
realtion/keys/indexes from SQL Server database and use ADOX to create
this relations/keys/indexes in MS Access database, but I don't know
exact matching attributs of relations/keys/indexes from SQL to Access.

Thanks

0
bosejob (2)

Hi

You posted the same question in microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming. If
you are not sure about the answers you were given then please do not cross
post.

John
"Bose" <bosejob@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi
>   I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have
> done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the
> relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys
> and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that
> for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX
> cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.)
> All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate all
> realtion/keys/indexes from SQL Server database and use ADOX to create
> this relations/keys/indexes in MS Access database, but I don't know
> exact matching attributs of relations/keys/indexes from SQL to Access.
>
> Thanks

I do that becouse I didn't get the answer. I need some page where I can
see Access contraparts of SQL Server keys/indexes.

John Bell wrote:
> Hi
>
> You posted the same question in microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming. If
> you are not sure about the answers you were given then please do not cross
> post.
>
> John
> "Bose" <bosejob@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Hi
>>  I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have
>>done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the
>>relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys
>>and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that
>>for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX
>>cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.)
>>All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate all
>>realtion/keys/indexes from SQL Server database and use ADOX to create
>>this relations/keys/indexes in MS Access database, but I don't know
>>exact matching attributs of relations/keys/indexes from SQL to Access.
>>
>>Thanks

0
bosejob (2)
7/4/2004 3:25:47 AM
Hi

I don't think you will get a more authorative answer than from Mary.

Have you considered MSDE?

> I do that becouse I didn't get the answer. I need some page where I can
> see Access contraparts of SQL Server keys/indexes.
>
> John Bell wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > You posted the same question in microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming.
If
> > you are not sure about the answers you were given then please do not
cross
> > post.
> >
> > John
> > "Bose" <bosejob@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi
> >>  I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have
> >>done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the
> >>relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys
> >>and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that
> >>for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX
> >>cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.)
> >>All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate all
> >>realtion/keys/indexes from SQL Server database and use ADOX to create
> >>this relations/keys/indexes in MS Access database, but I don't know
> >>exact matching attributs of relations/keys/indexes from SQL to Access.
> >>
> >>Thanks

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Hello all Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000? My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and as user interface such as forms. Now, I want to migrate the backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. However, I want to keep the MS Access 2000 interface. Would it be possible? If I migrate the MS Access to SQL Server, would the queries, back-end VBA, macro, tables and forms be affected? Do I need to change the MS Access data type to SQL server supported data type? Which tool I can use to do the migration? Upsizing wizard or exporting the Access database and then importing it to the SQL server? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon This is somewhat easy. Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need altering, bu I would test it first. db55 wrote: > This is somewhat easy. > > Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB > and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. > If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need > altering, bu I would test it first. > If only it were that easy :-) Bon wrote: > Hello all > > Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server > 2000? > > My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and a...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Tables are skipped or export failed error occurs when upsizing MS Access to MS SQL Server
Hello All I got "Tables are skipped or export failed" error when I used upsizing wizard on migrating MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. I am changing my application backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. My front end is MS Access interface. When I used the MS Access 2000's Upsizing Wizard for database migration, some tables cannot be migrated. The upsizing wizard report states some tables are "Tables are skipped or export failed" and some are "updating report does not have unique idex". Could you telll me how I solve both of the problems please? My setting on upsizing wizard: check the index, validation rules, default, table relationships check the trigger radio button no, never use the timestamp create the link with the existing application Thanks in advance Cheers Bon ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

Exporting a MS-SQL database
I have an asp site connected to an MS-SQL database, I need to export the database and import it in to a MySQL database? How would I be able to do this? My only way of communicating with the MS-SQL database is via asp scripts. Thank You Ben Sagal PS. i have no problem fixing the SQL code manually to be compatible with MySQL. TI know you only have access via an asp script , but MySQL do offer a migration toolkit -- Jack Vamvas ___________________________________ Search IT jobs from multiple sources- http://www.ITjobfeed.com/SQL <bsagal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191321416.670361.48860@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >I have an asp site connected to an MS-SQL database, I need to export > the database and import it in to a MySQL database? How would I be able > to do this? My only way of communicating with the MS-SQL database is > via asp scripts. > > Thank You > Ben Sagal > > PS. i have no problem fixing the SQL code manually to be compatible > with MySQL. > ...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi
Hello, the following problem: I use Delphi 6 to access a MS Access Database. In short, the Delphi Code looks like this: ADOConnection1.Open; ADOQuery1.Close; ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3]); ADOQuery1.Open; Label5.Caption:=3DADOQuery1.Fiel=ADdByName('value4').AsString; Now I only want to select these rows, where the Integer value3 ends on 1=2E So I need the Modulo-Function. I found in the Internet these two functions: MOD(x,y) und x % y But I get an error if I want to use one. For example, If I change ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3])+' AND MOD(value3,10) =3D 1; Delphi shows me a Syntax Error in this statement. Thx for help! Sorry, there is a ' missing in the code. But it has nothin to do with the problem: The first code runs perfectly, but If I insert AND MOD(20,10) = 0 there is the syntax error again. On 23 Aug 2005 11:51:15 -0700, sarah18web wrote: > Sorry, there is a ' missing in the code. But it has nothin to do with > the problem: > > The first code runs perfectly, but If I insert > AND MOD(20,10) = 0 there is the syntax error again. Don't know what it might have to do with Delphi; but MOD() is not a function supported by SQL server. Only the % operator works. ...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

Is MS Access a relational database system?
Would you call MS Access a relational database system? Yes "Kay" <you@somehost.somedomain> wrote in message news:GID2b.559$yJ3.174534@news.uswest.net... > Would you call MS Access a relational database system? > "Kay" <you@somehost.somedomain> wrote in message news:GID2b.559$yJ3.174534@news.uswest.net... > Would you call MS Access a relational database system? MS Access is an end-user query tool. Jet is not even close to a relational database management system. Jet is a rather primitive file processor. "Kay" <you@somehost.somedomain> wrote in message news:GID2b.559$yJ3.174534@news.uswest.net... > Would you call MS Access a relational database system? Depends on your level of education and how anal you are. "Kay" <you@somehost.somedomain> wrote in message news:GID2b.559$yJ3.174534@news.uswest.net... > Would you call MS Access a relational database system? > I think the answer depends more on the definition of "relational database system". If you mean that it conforms to the rules of relational database theory as laid down by EF Codd, and that the primary method of data access and manipulation is through structured query language then yes, by this definition, Jet, (not Access, which is just a front-end), is "relational". However, the term "relational database" also defines a data access methodology, to which Jet does not conform. Jet uses an ISAM data...

export database from MYSQL to Ms Access
Hi, I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody suggest me a way to do that. thank you, amar On Feb 16, 2:39 pm, contact.amaren...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody > suggest me a way to do that. > > thank you, > amar Install the MySQL ODBC driver: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ Create a system DSN for the MySQL database. Create a new Access database, then do File > Get External Data > Import... In the Import dialog click the "Files of type" drop-down and choose "ODBC Databases ()". In the "Select Data Source" dialog click the "Machine Data Source" , select the DSN you created, and click "OK". Select all of the tables and import them. ...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

MS Access & SQL Database for JPEGS
I'm trying to create a web accessed JPEG database for all of my p 0 r m pics. Anybody know where to start? The site I'm interested in putting in an Access database is at the link below: Don't click on this link unless you want to be seriously offended. http://www.tubgirl.com ...

Web resources about - Export relations from SQL Server Database to MS Access - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Relation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ternary relation , finitary relation in which the number of places in the relation is three. Ternary relations may also be referred to as 3-adic, ...

Police release images of men in relation to Carrara attack
Images of three men police believe may be able to assist with their inquiries into an attack on a woman in Carrara have been released.

Barack Obama makes history as US relations with Cuba thaw
A president can only do so much - it's the likes of the Rolling Stones and the guys from Starwood Hotels who are more likely to give Cubans satisfaction. ...

Barack Obama makes history as US relations with Cuba thaw
A president can only do so much - it's the likes of the Rolling Stones and the guys from Starwood Hotels who are more likely to give Cubans satisfaction. ...

Double dissolution election on July 2 likely due to crossbench resistance to industrial relations bills ...
Crossbench senators are resisting pressure to pass the Government's bills, increasing the chances of a July election.

Statement from Jessica Herrera-Flanigan, Executive Vice President, Government Relations & Public Policy ...
Univision Communications Inc.: &ldquo;We are disappointed that after trying for months to engage with AT&amp;amp;T to reach an agreement, U-Verse ...

Diplo heads to Cuba to help thaw relations through music - Videos - CBS News
... Diplo and electronic music act Major Lazer performed. They became the first major American group to perform in Cuba since the U.S. eased relations ...

Obama: A new day for Cuba-US relations
President Obama said that the countries had enough in common to negotiate a slow warming of relations, NBC News reports.

Mexican President: Trump damaging U.S.-Mexico relations
Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto condemned Donald Trump's rhetoric on Mexico and said that the billionaire has damaged the relationship between ...

Lionsgate Taps Wall Street’s James Marsh To Head Its Investor Relations
... found the person to do it: The studio says this morning that it has hired former Piper Jaffray analyst James Marsh to be SVP of Investor Relations. ...