export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script

Hi
   Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql
scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager.

adg

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Exporting a MS-SQL database
I have an asp site connected to an MS-SQL database, I need to export the database and import it in to a MySQL database? How would I be able to do this? My only way of communicating with the MS-SQL database is via asp scripts. Thank You Ben Sagal PS. i have no problem fixing the SQL code manually to be compatible with MySQL. TI know you only have access via an asp script , but MySQL do offer a migration toolkit -- Jack Vamvas ___________________________________ Search IT jobs from multiple sources- http://www.ITjobfeed.com/SQL <bsagal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191321416.670361.48860@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >I have an asp site connected to an MS-SQL database, I need to export > the database and import it in to a MySQL database? How would I be able > to do this? My only way of communicating with the MS-SQL database is > via asp scripts. > > Thank You > Ben Sagal > > PS. i have no problem fixing the SQL code manually to be compatible > with MySQL. > ...

Converting database to MS-SQLServer from PostGRESQL
Forgive me if this question is a bit too generic, if it is, feel free to just not respond. I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. My question is, does anyone have any documentation on how to convert a database from the Postgre platform to SQL server? Is it possible using an ODBC connection to import a database structure including table definitions, views etc into SQL Server? Failing this, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start - I did attempt to go through the SQL code and modify it to suit SQL server, but it's about 3,500 lines of code excluding the insert statements (which themselves are also wrong) and almost every line needs something changed when comparing SQL syntax from Postgre to MSSQL server Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions. Engada. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Engada wrote: > I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of > years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. > > It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not > syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. pg_dump has a number of flags that may help, e.g. --inserts What specific types of syntax errors do you encounter? Googling (Postgr...

export database from MYSQL to Ms Access
Hi, I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody suggest me a way to do that. thank you, amar On Feb 16, 2:39 pm, contact.amaren...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody > suggest me a way to do that. > > thank you, > amar Install the MySQL ODBC driver: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ Create a system DSN for the MySQL database. Create a new Access database, then do File > Get External Data > Import... In the Import dialog click the "Files of type" drop-down and choose "ODBC Databases ()". In the "Select Data Source" dialog click the "Machine Data Source" , select the DSN you created, and click "OK". Select all of the tables and import them. ...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

MS Access & SQL Database for JPEGS
I'm trying to create a web accessed JPEG database for all of my p 0 r m pics. Anybody know where to start? The site I'm interested in putting in an Access database is at the link below: Don't click on this link unless you want to be seriously offended. http://www.tubgirl.com ...

Coverting/Exporting Ms Access databases to Oracle 9i?
Hi, Guys How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a new method in converting access db to oracle? Any insight would be great ?? Edward Edward Ascencio wrote: > Hi, Guys > > > > How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? > I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a > new method in converting access db to oracle? > > Any insight would be great ?? How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle. Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle. Ana C. Dent wrote: > Edward Ascencio wrote: > >> Hi, Guys >> >> >> >> How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? >> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is >> there a >> new method in converting access db to oracle? >> >> Any insight would be great ?? > > > How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle. > Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle. > Or you could set up a heterogeneous service via odbc for the access db, create a dblink to the access db and do a "create table <oratable> as select * from <accesstable>@<dblink>" Thanks !!! "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist@no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1_o_b.45124$Ff2.2324@clgrps12... > Ana C. Dent...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Tutorial; Accessing MS SQL Database using C++!
hey! Im looking for a db tutoral which covers accessing a Microsoft SQL database on windows. I will be using VC++ if it matters. NO details just a basic introduction! Oracle DB access using C++ is also of interest! Thanks! -- Majk majk <msa_pub@softhome.net> wrote in message news:<BB7F5CCB.6D61%msa_pub@softhome.net>... > hey! > > Im looking for a db tutoral which covers accessing a Microsoft SQL database > on windows. I will be using VC++ if it matters. NO details just a basic > introduction! > > Oracle DB access using C++ is also of interest! > >...

Trouble when submitting sql-query to MS Access Database
Hi, I have some problems when trying to submit a simple insertion statement to a MS Access Database. The reading is fine, but when I want to execute an insertion statement using the following code: public void SQLCommand(String sql) throws SQLException { connection = DriverManager.getConnection(database); Statement stmt = connection.createStatement(); stmt.executeUpdate(sql); connection.close(); } gives the following error: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecDirect(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.execute(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source) at org.strumpflohner.CodeNotebook.Data.DBManager.SQLCommand(DBManager.java:45) at org.strumpflohner.CodeNotebook.Data.TestClass.main(TestClass.java:15) Could someone help me? kito Suggestion 1: The error is caused because you're referring to a table that does not exist. Try to run the query in a seperate query editor and verify that it does work. Also check that the string you pass as argument is correct, e.g. not concatenation that has destroyed the intended string. Suggestion 2: You probably need to add quotes in the executeQuery. Whenever you pass a string to a database try to inclose the statement with...

how do you update a java.sql.date type in an ms access database
when i update a row in an access database the date field does not update to the correct date it brings up some funny date which i dont know where it comes from. Below is the method i use to update. maybe the date types are not compatable? thanks in advance, public static void bookIN(int custID, int rNumber,java.sql.Date bkInDate ){ try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); String filename = "hotelDB.mdb"; String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="; database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection( database ,"",""); int yes = 1; Statement s = con.createStatement(); s.executeUpdate("update Rooms set CustomerId ="+custID+",BookINDate ="+ bkInDate +",Occupied = "+yes+" where RoomNo = "+rNumber+" "); s.close(); con.close(); } catch (Exception err) { System.out.println("ERROR: " + err); } } "chose" wrote... > when i update a row in an access database the date field > does not update to the correct date it brings up some > funny date which i dont know where it comes from. It comes from db's attempt to parse an invalid date-string... In Access/Jet,...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

Web resources about - export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...