Exporting MS SQL Server or Oracle Databases to MySQL

I also posted similarly in mailing.database.mysql

I have created a rather large (60 table database) website dealio in PHP that
works with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and presumably any other data base I
add to
the wrapper functions that I created.  All the development was done in
Oracle, but now its time to create that large datastructure again in
MySQL -- now I've built this all in notepad for Oracle (twice) and built it
in SQL Server using the SQL Server import tools (pretty nice) -- is there
anything that I can do that to get this datastructure and maybe even the
data into MySQL using Oracle/MS SQL Server tools ?

James

"James Alexander Starritt"
<jamesstarrittRemovethefollowingtoemailme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I also posted similarly in mailing.database.mysql
>
> I have created a rather large (60 table database) website dealio in PHP
that
> works with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and presumably any other data base
> add to
> the wrapper functions that I created.  All the development was done in
> Oracle, but now its time to create that large datastructure again in
> MySQL -- now I've built this all in notepad for Oracle (twice) and built
it
> in SQL Server using the SQL Server import tools (pretty nice) -- is there
> anything that I can do that to get this datastructure and maybe even the
> data into MySQL using Oracle/MS SQL Server tools ?

SQL Server will permit the creation of scripts
for the data tables that should be useful, and the
bcp function should handle the data.

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
NSW
Oz

0
hobbit (65)
2/24/2004 11:38:37 AM
"James Alexander Starritt" <jamesstarrittRemovethefollowingtoemailme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<403ac257_1@newspeer2.tds.net>...
> I also posted similarly in mailing.database.mysql
>
> I have created a rather large (60 table database) website dealio in PHP that
> works with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and presumably any other data base I
> add to
> the wrapper functions that I created.  All the development was done in
> Oracle, but now its time to create that large datastructure again in
> MySQL -- now I've built this all in notepad for Oracle (twice) and built it
> in SQL Server using the SQL Server import tools (pretty nice) -- is there
> anything that I can do that to get this datastructure and maybe even the
> data into MySQL using Oracle/MS SQL Server tools ?
>
> James

From the MSSQL side, you could start by scripting the objects from
Enterprise Manager, then reviewing the code and making any
modifications needed to handle different data types, syntax etc. I
know nothing about MySQL, so I have no idea how large or small a task
this would be, except to guess that procedural code (stored
procedures, triggers, user-defined functions) may be the hardest part.
The resulting file can then be run in MySQL.

To move the data over, there are several different options. You can
use BCP or DTS to export to flat files, then import them into MySQL
using whatever tools it provides for bulk import. Alternatively, if
there is an ODBC driver for MySQL, you could use DTS to move the data
directly from MSSQL and/or Oracle to MySQL. Finally, you may be able
to create a linked server on MSSQL, then simply do an INSERT ...
SELECT ... to move the data.

Simon
0
sql (2120)

Export relations from SQL Server Database to MS Access
Hi I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.) All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate all realtion/keys/indexes from SQL Server database and use ADOX to create this relations/keys/indexes in MS Access database, but I don't know exact matching attributs of relations/keys/indexes from SQL to Access. Thanks Hi You posted the same question in microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming. If you are not sure about the answers you were given then please do not cross post. John "Bose" <bosejob@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:ztBFc.97111$Ax1.1377116@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hi > I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have > done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the > relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys > and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that > for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX > cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.) > All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate ...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

MS SQL Linked Servers(Linking MySQL to MS SQL) Collation problem.
Hello, I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? P?vels Mihailovs (iceravenlv@gmail.com) writes: > I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a > table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and > the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL > server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive > question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. > Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? Since I don't work with MySQL myself, it's difficult to say what is going on. But if MySQL has a notion of collation, and the collation is ucs2_general_ci, it sounds like MySQL returns Unicode data. One would expect that to arrive unscathed. What is you collation on the SQL Server side? The stored procedure sp_serveroption permits you to set options for linked servers, and two of them relates to collations. You could play around with these and see what happens. Please look in Books Online for details. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/techn...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

Exporting a MS-SQL database
I have an asp site connected to an MS-SQL database, I need to export the database and import it in to a MySQL database? How would I be able to do this? My only way of communicating with the MS-SQL database is via asp scripts. Thank You Ben Sagal PS. i have no problem fixing the SQL code manually to be compatible with MySQL. TI know you only have access via an asp script , but MySQL do offer a migration toolkit -- Jack Vamvas ___________________________________ Search IT jobs from multiple sources- http://www.ITjobfeed.com/SQL <bsagal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191321416.670361.48860@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >I have an asp site connected to an MS-SQL database, I need to export > the database and import it in to a MySQL database? How would I be able > to do this? My only way of communicating with the MS-SQL database is > via asp scripts. > > Thank You > Ben Sagal > > PS. i have no problem fixing the SQL code manually to be compatible > with MySQL. > ...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

SqlSpec

export database from MYSQL to Ms Access
Hi, I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody suggest me a way to do that. thank you, amar On Feb 16, 2:39 pm, contact.amaren...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody > suggest me a way to do that. > > thank you, > amar Install the MySQL ODBC driver: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ Create a system DSN for the MySQL database. Create a new Access database, then do File > Get External Data > Import... In the Import dialog click the "Files of type" drop-down and choose "ODBC Databases ()". In the "Select Data Source" dialog click the "Machine Data Source" , select the DSN you created, and click "OK". Select all of the tables and import them. ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Copy database from AS/400 DB2 TO MS SQL Server
I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. <ramkumar.nv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143785543.497908.302390@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database > to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables > and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. > Generate a build script for the database using op manager. Don't use the DB2 extensions - just plain ANSI. Then, wit...

Coverting/Exporting Ms Access databases to Oracle 9i?
Hi, Guys How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a new method in converting access db to oracle? Any insight would be great ?? Edward Edward Ascencio wrote: > Hi, Guys > > > > How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? > I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is there a > new method in converting access db to oracle? > > Any insight would be great ?? How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle. Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle. Ana C. Dent wrote: > Edward Ascencio wrote: > >> Hi, Guys >> >> >> >> How can I condense or convert access databases to oracle 9i? >> I know you can import via comma delimited file, or text file but is >> there a >> new method in converting access db to oracle? >> >> Any insight would be great ?? > > > How about using ODBC from Access to Oracle. > Force object names to be all UPPER case in Oracle. > Or you could set up a heterogeneous service via odbc for the access db, create a dblink to the access db and do a "create table <oratable> as select * from <accesstable>@<dblink>" Thanks !!! "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist@no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1_o_b.45124$Ff2.2324@clgrps12... > Ana C. Dent...

General advice needed regarding MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL/PostgreSQL
I am working on two versions of an application, one of which will be a windows forms application (which will need to be redistributable) and the other will be a web application. I have MS Visual Studio 2005 (along with the developer's edition of MS SQL Server), but not MS Access. I also have MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sun's application server, Tomcat and Apache web server. I am working on Windows XP Pro, and have installed the .NET 3 SDK and all relevant related products I could find (e.g. 2 extensions packages for Visual Studio). I have one MS Access database, to which my users should have read only access. I have, and have used, a tool for importing MS Access databases into MySQL. I expect that SQL Server has a similar utility hidden somewhere (where I haven't yet looked, though I HAVE been looking - obviously in the wrong places). I have located a similar utility for importing MS Access databases into PostgreSQL. I have not yet decided which servers to use for the web version, but that is another story, for which I may raise another thread in due course (but I welcome suggestions which may reduce the effort required given required effort for the windows forms app). My problem is for the windows form aplication (intended for use by a single family). I expect to use ADO.NET. The question is, should I import the Access database into MS SQL, and redistribute it, along with MS SQL Server Express (or is that necessary), or distribute it just as an Access database a...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Tables are skipped or export failed error occurs when upsizing MS Access to MS SQL Server
Hello All I got "Tables are skipped or export failed" error when I used upsizing wizard on migrating MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. I am changing my application backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. My front end is MS Access interface. When I used the MS Access 2000's Upsizing Wizard for database migration, some tables cannot be migrated. The upsizing wizard report states some tables are "Tables are skipped or export failed" and some are "updating report does not have unique idex". Could you telll me how I solve both of the problems please? My setting on upsizing wizard: check the index, validation rules, default, table relationships check the trigger radio button no, never use the timestamp create the link with the existing application Thanks in advance Cheers Bon ...

Web resources about - Exporting MS SQL Server or Oracle Databases to MySQL - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook Updates Comments Box Plugin With Comment Exporting and Larger News Feed Stories
Facebook today released several updates to the newest version of its Comments Box social plugin for third party websites that will increase the ...

The Price of Oil book review: Paints a gloomy picture for prices, companies and exporting countries
In Roberto Aguilera and Marian Radetzki's new book, The Price of Oil, the two economists are optimistic about the expansion of global oil production ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Montreal men accused of illegally exporting railway equipment to Iran
Two Montreal men are charged with illegally exporting American-made railway equipment to Iran, violating Canada's Export and Import Permit Act ...