Fresh SQL Server 2005 giving problem in accessing access 97 file through Jet Ole DB Provider

Problem:Jet 4.0 Ole DB Provider stops working the momemt SQL 2005
server is installed.

Environmental steps:

           1.Installed XP Sp2

           2.Installed SQL 2005 Server with SP1

           3.Trying to import data from an access 97 file

Actual problem:The linked server gets created but when try to read
data we get attached error
   The problem displayed is following

[02/19/07 18:24:47]: Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE
DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server "MGMTREPORTS".
OLE DB provider "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for linked server
"MGMTREPORTS" returned message "Cannot open database ''.  It may not
be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be
corrupt.".

Steps to recreate
USE [master]
GO

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver
	@server = 'PROLMDB',
	@provider ='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' ,
	@srvproduct ='OLE DB Provider for Jet',
	@datasrc = 'c:\PRO_LM_DB.MDB'
GO

-- Set the DBF files' logins.
EXEC sp_addlinkedsrvlogin
	  @rmtsrvname = 'PROLMDB'
	, @useself  = false
	, @locallogin = NULL
	, @rmtuser = NULL
	, @rmtpassword = NULL
GO

  SELECT [TRACK_ID]
 , [EQUIP_ID]
 , [PROD_ID]
 , [SERIAL_NO]
 , [TOP_BOTTOM]
 , [START_TIME]
 , [END_TIME]
 , [TIME_STAMP]
 , [LMNC_NAME]
 , [Archive]
 , [PAGERID]
 , [ENDTIME_STAMP]
 , [PROD_NAME]
   FROM PROLMDB...TRACKDATA
GO

0
rathi.vis (1)

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

Copy data from access database (JET) to sql server problem
This may or may not be a labview problem, but I have a set of data which has an issue if I try to copy the data from within access (2003)&nbsp;to an mssql (2000 sp3?)&nbsp;database.&nbsp; I was wondering if anyone else had this problem when trying to move to a different db? &nbsp; I am just doing a "Insert into sqldb values select * from accessdb" command, which works find from access to access, and from access to sql within sql, but not access to sql from within access.&nbsp; Britoa, Are you performing these commands in LabVIEW or from some other DB Admin tool?&nbsp; I wasn't sure if you were using LV to perform these operations or not, from your last sentence when you said from within access. The commands are using access, but I was seeing if anyone else came across such issues with labview saved data (it's a flattened cluster)&nbsp; The data saves and loads within labview just fine from both SQL and the accessDB, but when trying to move the data from access to sql, I get those issues.&nbsp; It's... strange. Britoa, Take a look at <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=256336" target="_blank">this post</a>, it has some links that may prove useful. ...

Why upgrade to MS SQL Server (be it 2000 or 2005) from Access (say, 97)?
Probably this question has been asked hundreds of times and yet net search has not generated satisfactory enough answer, at least, to me. And OK, let's assume your organization has more than 200 employees, just one measure to indicate that it's not small and data processing needs are quite extensive (for both OLTP and OLAP). We've heard so much about concurrency support, stability and performance. Are there any real persuasive paper out there to talk about it? Now, let me also put it in another perspective, say, you're a Microsoft sql server sales guy or gal for that matte...

Running MS Access db as a Linked Server on SQL Server
Hi, Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no one wants to touch. I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider String, (Location, Catalog)? Thanks a bunch. This might help; note the table about halfway...

Converting Access DB to SQL Server DB using LV Database Toolkit
Hello all: I am looking to convert an Access database to SQL Server database.&nbsp; The LV Database Toolkit was used to write to the Access database.&nbsp; I want to use the LV database toolkit to retrieve the data and write that data into a SQL server format.&nbsp; Has anybody done this before and are there any "surprises" I may run into? Found this on MS' website; hope you'll find it useful:&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/sql/accessmigration.mspx" target="_blank">http://www.microsoft.com/sql/accessmigration.m...

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where there's only one user writing. You might want to take a look at using MS-SQL, but it depends a lot on and whether the complexity of the application warrents the add'l resource investment... chloemelmom@yahoo.com (mary) wrote in message news:<a0a64947.0311251150.1357819@posting.google.com>... > I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My > questions are: > > Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at > once? > > If yes, what is your solution to this problem? > > I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple > users accessing it at once. > > Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. ...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45290657734. ...

US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734)
US-MO-St. Louis: Access DB Developer, Access, SQL Server, VB, DB Admin; 2M (45290657734) ======================================================================================== Position: Access DB Developer Reference: SMC01250 Location: St. Louis MO Duration: 2M Skills: Data Standards and Procedures Database Administration MS Access MS SQL Server Visual Basic Assembly Test Component Testing Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com&...

Accessing data from an MS access db from an Oracle UNIX server
Hello, I am a newbie to Oracle databases.... We have a visualization front-end tool connected to an Oracle back-end database on a Tru64 UNIX server. We also have clients with MS access databases who would like to share their data using this visualization tool but do not want to import their data into the Oracle server back-end. Is there any way we could use the Oracle backend to query the MS Access databases and merge this data with other data in the Oracle back-end for presentation by the visualization tool? Perhaps through ODBC or some other standard? The Oracle back-end is a a Tru64 UNIX server running Oracle 8i. Any input would be appreciated. Andrea Segovia A/Project Manager Andrea M. Segovia wrote: > Hello, > > I am a newbie to Oracle databases.... > > We have a visualization front-end tool connected to an Oracle back-end > database on a Tru64 UNIX server. We also have clients with MS access > databases who would like to share their data using this visualization > tool but do not want to import their data into the Oracle server > back-end. > > Is there any way we could use the Oracle backend to query the MS > Access databases and merge this data with other data in the Oracle > back-end for presentation by the visualization tool? Perhaps through > ODBC or some other standard? > > The Oracle back-end is a a Tru64 UNIX server running Oracle 8i. > > Any input would be appreciated. > > Andrea Segovi...

OLE DB Providers Access 2002 Data Access Page
Does anyone know why are there only 3 OLE DB providers listed under data link properties? I have installed the latest MDAC and even the ORACLE OLE DB drivers. All of the OLE DB providers show up just fine when creating a .udl file, so I think they are installed correctly. I even tried to get Access to open the .udl file and got the following: This connection file refers to a provider not supported by data access pages. Please select a different connection file. (Even though it prompted me to login to the database!!!) Is there a way to get Access to use additional OLE providers? Rob Tuck Rutgers University ...

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Thanks! ...

Problem with MS Access 97 database security
All, I recently started at a company that has a number of older MS Access 97 database applications that support production and order fulfillment. There is one database with which I have the following problems: 1) no one can make modifications to the database except by logging in using the database creator's userid and password on the workstation used by that person, who has of course left the company. Anyone else who tries to access the database, even the system administrator, gets the message "You dont have the nececssary permissions to use the xxxxxxxxx object.Have your system administrator or the person who created the object establish the appropriate permissions for you." 2) We logged in and "added" another person with the same permissions as the creator for all database objects, except we did not change the database object "ownerships", and the problem still persists. I suspect that the ownerships are the problem. Is this so? 3) I dont know anything about the restriction to a particular machine. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue? TIA JL <jliebman@kjlsoftware.com> wrote in message news:1176986756.146353.213270@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > All, > > I recently started at a company that has a number of older MS Access > 97 database applications that support production and order > fulfillment. There is one database with which I have the following > problems: > > 1) no one can make modifications ...

Problem connecting to SQL Server from Access Database
Dear all, We recently migrated a SQL database from one server to another. Now, when you try to run some code in an Access Database which links to the SQL one, you get a 3704 error "Operation is not allowed when the object is closed". I think this means that the connection between the Access DB and SQL Server has not been made. - The IP address of the new server is the same as the old one and the host file on the client PCs has been updated to reflect the name change. - The server name in the connection details has been changed to the new server name in the constants section of our VBA code. - The new server is running SQL Server 8.0 on MS Server 2003 - The old server was running NT. - When you hit Debug the line of code that closes the connection (cn.Close) is highlighted as it has nothing to close (I think). Everything else is exactly the same. Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks - David Hi Dave, Have you tried creating a new ODBC Dsn from Control panel since the DB migration? Try creating a new ODBC Dsn from the Control Panel and then try connecting to a table in the DB using this Dsn. If you can't create the Dsn (you can't see the server from the Control Panel) then it is a network problem. If you can create the Dsn but cannot access/see any data in a data table from you mdb - then there is either a problem with the workstation or with the DB. If you can't see data from the ODBC connectio...

SQL Server files after upgrading an Access database
Hi all I have upgraded an Access data file to SQL Server using the wizard (Access XP, 2000 file format). There seems to be no way to direct the SQL Server database files to a specified folder during this process. I now have the SQL Server database residing on a server on drive C: but it would be better on drive E: Does anyone know of a simple way to move the SQL Server database or force the upgrade to go to a specified folder? I know little about SQL Server, so please be gentle ... Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff, I have never used the upsizing wizard, but to move a sql server database from one location to another, you need to detach the sql server database from the server. You do this in Enterprise manager(sql server 2000) - or the management console (sql server 2005). Go to the database icon in Enterprise manager - right - click - go to All Tasks, go to Detach Database - and click on Detach Database. Now go to your server and move the mdf file to your desired location. Then you have to re-attach the database. Just right click on the Databases icon under the server name in Enterprise Manager. Go to All Tasks - Attach Database. Click on Attach Database. Locate/select the mdf file and click OK. Sql Server will automatically create a new ldf file for you. Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Thanks Rick. I'll give that a try ASAP. Looks to be just what I needed - thanks again. Jeff Rich P wrote: > Hi Jeff, > > I have never ...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed --------------------------- Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application. --------------------------- OK Cancel --------------------------- OK let's you choose another mdb (not an option) and CANCEL fails the app, which is the problem :-) Current versions: * JET version: 4.0.6305.00 - not sure which this is, it's more recent than JET 4 SP8 which is the lates I can download separately. * Office 2000 SR1 with latest updates * MDAC 2.8 SP2 ON WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP1 (2.82)(ComponentChecker 2.0) What we tried so far, to no good: * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q310804 * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310937 * downgrading MDAC, which is seems useless (has no effects on file versions + no relation to odbc?) * downgrading JET 4 (by manually replacing odbcjt32.dll in system32 and system32/dllcache) * Googled to death on the matt...

Should I upgrade from MS Access 97 to MS Access 2002
Hi guys My company has in one of their products used Access 97 and MS JET 3.5 for several years now. Should we move the database to Access 2002 -which we use now in other parts of the company and also upgrade the MS JET to the latest version? And what does MS JET do? Kjell Arne Johansen MS Jet is the database engine that comes with, and is, by default, used by Microsoft Access. If you aren't having any troubles with the Access 97 database, then there isn't any technical reason to change. There may be company political reasons if, say, the IT department only wants to have one version of Access in-house. Another reason might be if you were concerned about getting support (error fix support) from Microsoft. Then again, when is the last time you had to call Microsoft support for this database? Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Kjell Arne Johansen" <kjell.arne.johansen@kongsberg-simrad.com> wrote in message news:3f2f8600.699258150@news.eunet.no... > Hi guys > > My company has in one of their products used Access 97 and MS JET 3.5 > for several years now. > > Should we move the database to Access 2002 -which we use now in other > parts of the company and also upgrade the MS JET to the latest > version? > > And what does MS JET do? > > Kjell Arne Johansen "Kjell Arne Johansen" <kjell.arne.johansen@kongsberg-simrad.com> wrote in message news:3f2f8600.699258150@news.eunet.no... > Hi gu...

Sql Server 2005 and Access 2005?
Hi, Is it possible to connect Access xp(frontend) to a sql server 2005 database? hans "hans" <h@h.com> wrote in message news:43ce4bd8$0$11162$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net... > Hi, > > Is it possible to connect Access xp(frontend) to a sql server 2005 > database? > > > hans > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:08:24 +0100, "hans" <h@h.com> wrote: Yes. Create an ODBC connection using "SQL Native Client". -Tom. >Hi, > >Is it possible to connect Access xp(frontend) to a sql server 2005 database? > > >hans > You are right, thanks hans "Tom van Stiphout" <no.spam.tom7744@cox.net> wrote in message news:lejss1536iche6po9ns5bu3ccfbl7mt4vg@4ax.com... > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:08:24 +0100, "hans" <h@h.com> wrote: > > Yes. Create an ODBC connection using "SQL Native Client". > -Tom. > > >>Hi, >> >>Is it possible to connect Access xp(frontend) to a sql server 2005 >>database? >> >> >>hans >> > ...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Web resources about - Fresh SQL Server 2005 giving problem in accessing access 97 file through Jet Ole DB Provider - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...