how can i manage database on lan base[network base]software

hi
my self avi
currently i am developing one application in vb 6 and back end as
sqlserver 7 which is used on lan.
i have some problem. like in my database i have one table salesvoucher
which has 'voucherno' field. when 2-3 user will work on salesform at a
time [since the softwrae will run on lan] then the same voucherno will
save for all users data which is wrong i need to save different voucherno
for each no. is there any way in sqlserver to apply some condition on
database or to set some its property[tables] so that at a time only one
users data will save depend on firstcome first serve base or is there any
way to make changes in programme.
 plz help me regarding this i need it very badly.
since its my first lan based software plz give me some books name
regarding this software for vb6 and sqlserver7

comp.databases.ms-sqlserver 14567 articles. 0 followers. janinepelletier (108) is leader. Post Follow

"avinash" <pawar_avinash@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
> my self avi
> currently i am developing one application in vb 6 and back end as
> sqlserver 7 which is used on lan.
> i have some problem. like in my database i have one table salesvoucher
> which has 'voucherno' field. when 2-3 user will work on salesform at a
> time [since the softwrae will run on lan] then the same voucherno will
> save for all users data which is wrong i need to save different voucherno
> for each no. is there any way in sqlserver to apply some condition on
> database or to set some its property[tables] so that at a time only one
> users data will save depend on firstcome first serve base or is there any
> way to make changes in programme.
> plz help me regarding this i need it very badly.
> since its my first lan based software plz give me some books name
> regarding this software for vb6 and sqlserver7

If the voucherno must be unique, then you should put a primary key or unique
constraint on that column, so that it's impossible to have duplicates. If
the voucherno is generated on the client, then you would have to handle the
error raised when a duplicate is inserted (such as error 2627 for primary
key violation), generate a new number, and submit it again.

Alternatively, you could generate the voucherno in the database. If you just
need an integer value, then you can use the IDENTITY property to generate
the number for you - see "IDENTITY (Property)" in Books Online. Every time
you insert a new row, MSSQL will generate a new number for you - this avoids
writing any code to generate new numbers.

Regarding books, you might find some useful information about SQL books
here:

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sqlbooks.htm

Someone else may be able to suggest a good VB/SQL book, or you might want to
post in a VB group.

Simon

0
sql (2120)
10/11/2004 10:46:33 AM
Dear Avanish... sorry I cannot help you in dat... while I m just wanna
post a msg here.... BYE

Can I create a file-based standby database for a RAC database on raw device?
RDBMS Version: 9.2.0.5 Operating System and Version: Solaris 8 Error Number (if applicable): Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Data Guard Product Version: 9.2.0.5 Can I create a file-based standby database for a RAC database on raw device? We want to setup a disaster recovery site for a RAC database on raw device. For reducing the work of configurations, we consider to use a file-based datbase as the remote standby database. Is there any problem or compatible issue to do this ? Regards, William On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:28:55 +0200, William wrote (in article <544e016e.0409291928.33e736a2@posting.google.com>): > RDBMS Version: 9.2.0.5 > Operating System and Version: Solaris 8 > Error Number (if applicable): > Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Data Guard > Product Version: 9.2.0.5 > > Can I create a file-based standby database for a RAC database on raw > device? > > We want to setup a disaster recovery site for a RAC database on raw > device. For reducing the work of configurations, we consider to use a > file-based datbase as the remote standby database. > > Is there any problem or compatible issue to do this ? > > Regards, > William Sure, this can be done, no problem at all, as long as the disks are fast enough to handle the logs. With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald http://ronr.nl/unix-dba http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle ...

[News] Databases Based on Free Software Challenges Oracle, CMS Space Already Dominated by Free Software

Problem with network based database connection
We had a network based connection where system A used the database on system B. It worked without a problem. Now it does not work anymore. When we try to connect we get the following messages in the log. localhos::[32777 IIGCC, 00000001]: Wed Apr 19 11:23:04 2006 E_GC2809_NTWK_CONNECTION_FAIL Network connection failed for protocol TCP_IP, to node 10.19.181.69, port II; status follows. localhos::[32777 IIGCC, 00000001]: Wed Apr 19 11:23:04 2006 E_CLFE05_BS_CONNECT_ERR Unable to make outgoing connection. As far as I know nothing is changed in the configuration. Anybody an idea what could be the problem? ...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

How can I backup database from database itself
Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the database? I would like user to be able to create a backup from database itself, and not by telnetting to server and typing 'pg_dump' or 'pg_dumpall'. Tnx in advance Dragan ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 13:56:58 +0200, Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> wrote: > Is there a way to backup a database by issuing an SQL statement from the > database...

Moving from 'PC-based' to 'host-based' network management
The hard drive on a Windows 98 machine, running 'OpenView DTC Manager', is failing and I'm debating whether to try and replace it or just move to 'host-based' network management. We've been using 'OpenView' to manage our two DTC72MX since the early 90's. At that time those DTCs (if fitted with the proper card) were the only means of establishing telnet connections to our HP3000. Since our user base has decreased and since telnet connections can now be established through 'JINETD' I'm considering of doing away with 'OpenView&...

[News] Databases Based on Free Software Get Into Government

Do you know of a good web-based database management tool?
Hi Folks, Do any of you know of a good web-based database management tool for PostgreSQL? I've seen both Melati (http://melati.org) and phppgadmin (http:// phppgadmin.sourceforge.net). It seems like Melati is a good choice, if you're running a Tomcat. Does anyone know of something better than Melati? Cheers, Jon ...

Event-based database software for historians, biographers and genealogists
There has been some discussion in soc.genealogy.computing about event-based software, and also software for recording evidence. This has come up before, and I still feel the need for such software, and have yet to find it. We are spoiled for choice in lineage-linked programs, but I don't know of any event-based programs that will do what I want - namely to record events, and the people and organisations associated with those events. The links would not necessarily be genealogical, but should include friends, employers, yeachers, pupils, colleagues and even enemies. I think...

[News] Free Databases Can be Managed with Free Software SchemaCrawler

RE: [Info-ingres] Re: Problem with network based database connection
Optimizedb would not be the problem but it is possible that the net server(s) where shutdown in order to allow the sysmod to run. sysmod requires an exclusive lock on the database so shutting the net server is an expedient way to disconnect all the user sessions. Note that sysmod itself would not shut the net server. Some other process or person had to do it. -- Peter T: +44 (0)1398 341777 PGale@Comp-Soln.co.uk -----Original Message----- From: info-ingres-admin@cariboulake.com [mailto:info-ingres-admin@cariboulake.com] On Behalf Of Cecil Westerhof Sent: 19 April 2006 13:50 To: info-ingres@cariboulake.com Subject: [Info-ingres] Re: Problem with network based database connection Peter Gale schreef: > Something has changed, its just not something obvious. Very true. > 1. The Net Servers on the System B. Are there any running? > On Unix (ps -fu ingres|grep $II_SYSTEM/ingres|grep iigcc) This was the problem. I gave 'ingstart -iigcc' and everything is working again smoothly. What I do not understand is why it was not running anymore. We did an optimizedb and a sysmod. Could those be the cullprits? _______________________________________________ Info-ingres mailing list Info-ingres@cariboulake.com http://mailman.cariboulake.com/mailman/listinfo.py/info-ingres Peter Gale schreef: > Optimizedb would not be the problem but it is possible that the net > server(s) where shutdown in order to allow the s...

Thread based software architecture vs Process based software architecture
Hi, Have few queries on the best possible software architecture. Processes are heavy weight and they appear to occupy more memory, more time= to create/start, increased latency during context switches and separate me= mory space that necessitates heavy IPC mechanisms. Threads are light weight= and share memory space. However, I realized that threads also enter into c= ontention for resources/memory due to the shared resources among them that = inturn becomes a kind of bottle neck for multi-threaded architecture but no= t for multiple process based architecture. Also the workaround ...

[News] Hadoop in Warehouses, Free Software-based Databases Look to Replace Oracle

How can i find words from database?if the database is so big?it can reduce the speed?
Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed - Compact the Database - Create proper Indexes - Make sure the database is Normalized Again, You need to post what Database you are using... -- Chris Hanscom MVP (Visual Basic) http://www.veign.com -- "mit" <mbzala@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b7fd448.0406132308.681b6861@posting.google.com... > Please say me if the size of database become big what happen itcan reduce the speed ...

Looking for Web based meeting room booking software for Linux, also do we need any extra Database?.
We need to make web based meeting room booking system (web browser based meeting/conference rooms booking) using Linux server?. Is there any software available?. We are looking for simple web based client to book three conf rooms, Will it be possible, do we need any extra Database has to install separately on Linux to talk to front end web based client?. Thanks. I worte a good one once for the NYLXS classes. I'd need a spec and see if I can adapt it. Ruben On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:31:21 -0700, GS wrote: > We need to make web based meeting room booking system (web browser > based...

Database Database Software Cheap $20
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap $20 Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Goto first / last record functions. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Email). FREEWARE Fully Function Version Available. http://www.vehiclerepair.org/dbPro/dbpro.html ...

Database Database Software Cheap $20
Database Database Database Database Software Cheap $20 Great Datase Software See Website Below. Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. DataBase Type: Random Access. Can Create Unlimited Databases. Programmable fields for any Application. Goto first / last record functions. Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). Setup Time: Instantly, Just Enter DB Name. Ultra Cheap Price, Special $20, Paypal Accepted. Application Mailed Instantly (file Attached Email). FREEWARE Fully Function Version Available. http://www.vehiclerepair.org/dbPro/dbpro.html I think Acc On Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:27:12 PM UTC-6, scott...@gmail.com wrote: > Database Database Database Database Software Cheap $20 > > Great Datase Software See Website Below. > > Ultra Easy to Learn (Typically 30 Seconds) > > Professional Programmable Database Ver. 2.3 > > 2.1 Million Record Capacity, (New cond). > > Search Rate: 2000 / Records / Second. > > DataBase Type: Random Access. > > Can Create Unlimited Databases. > > Programmable fields for any Application. > > Goto first / last record functions. > > Has Six Seperate Field Sets All Programmable. > > Build Time One Second, (Auto Creates DB). > > Setup Time: Instant...

Index based database?
I've seen this a few times since getting into Warehousing, but I need a sanity check. How often has anyone seen the total INDEX bytes exceed DATA bytes, meaning I have more data stored in standard indexes, not index organized tables, than regular heap tables. Anyone? In message <1166109023.164657.84250@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com>, EscVector <Junk@webthere.com> writes >I've seen this a few times since getting into Warehousing, but I need a >sanity check. > >How often has anyone seen the total INDEX bytes exceed DATA bytes, >meaning I have more data stored in standard indexes, not index >organized tables, than regular heap tables. > It is not unusual. Given the rowid overhead in an index, if the table is quite narrow a single index could easily be larger than the table. If you have multiple indexes the total index space could be several times the size of the table. -- Jim Smith Ponder Stibbons Limited <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/> RSS <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/atom.xml> The tables are not narrow. Example 27 col table has 26 single column indexes. Still normal? Jim Smith wrote: > In message <1166109023.164657.84250@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com>, > EscVector <Junk@webthere.com> writes > >I've seen this a few times since getting into Warehousing, but I need a > >sanity check. > > > >How often has anyone seen the total INDEX bytes exceed DATA bytes, >...

Web resources about - how can i manage database on lan base[network base]software - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

REPORT: Facebook No. 9 In Annual Average Software Engineer Base Salary
Facebook came in at No. 9 on the 2013 list of the 25 highest-paying companies for software engineers from social jobs and career community Glassdoor ...

IBM Will Base Software Price on Processor Performance
IBM plans one day to charge for its software based on how fast it runs, not the number of processor ...

ProProfs Knowledge Base Software - ProgrammableWeb
... procedures and documents from a centralized location. A mashup that helps to create knowledge content is the ProProfs Knowledge Base Software. ...

BlackBerry to buy messaging alerts firm AtHoc to expand software base
... said on Wednesday it is buying privately-held AtHoc, a provider of secure, networked crisis communications, as it moves to broaden its software ...

Take Control News - How Powerline Adapters and a Software Base Station Vastly Improved a Home Network ...
This comment from a reader named Ken is a nice example of how the information in this ebook can be put to work. It has been edited for size. ...

BlackBerry to buy messaging alerts firm AtHoc to expand software base
... communications, as it moves to broaden its software offering and generate revenue from its BBM messaging service. San Mateo, California-based ...

With Jasper, Cisco covers IoT, cloud, software bases
Cisco's $1.4 billion purchase of Jasper Technologies gives it a complete Internet of things stack, recurring software revenue and a cloud play. ...

A little Prezi for you: Drew Banks tells how the presentation software startup grew to a user base of ...
When Drew Banks joined Hungarian-founded startup Prezi in 2011, as its first non-founding director, the cloud-based presentation software startup ...

Report: Base Pay For Facebook Software Engineers Second Behind Google - SocialTimes
... to social jobs and career community Glassdoor , Facebook was No. 2 on a list of 15 tech companies in terms of average base salary for software ...

The Bronx Academy Of Software Engineering (BASE)
Last Thursday morning, I took the Lexington line (4 train) up to Fordham Road in the Bronx, then transferred to the Bx12 bus for a few stops ...