Hello,

I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database.

Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
So,  what is the correct syntax ?

Thanks for your help

Cyril
0
jewelk (1)

"Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000
database.

> Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
> So,  what is the correct syntax ?
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> Cyril

Look into linked servers in Books Online - you can create a linked server
pointing to the Oracle database, then do this:

insert into dbo.MSSQLTable
select col1, col2, ...
from Oracle..SCHEMA.TABLE

Alternatively, DTS can move data from Oracle to MSSQL.

Simon

0
sql (2120)

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > hi > i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another > database > through query analizer > give code ,,, > ...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com... I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Jim Devenish <internet.shopping@foobox.com> wrote: Have you tried the Shell command? If you weren't using the AutoExec macro but one with another name, you could use the /X command line switch for msaccess.exe -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an >already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but >does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening ...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Thanks..so much Sonika "sonika" <sonika_sehrawat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:709618ea.0409281225.1a09da58@posting.google.com... > Hi experts, > > I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i > using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to > add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main > database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this > database from my machine to main server. > I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility > before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is > good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. > > I'll really appreciate your kind help. > Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! > > Thanks..so much > Sonika You are missing a lot of letters in your typing. You m...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? > > Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to > pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large > database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in > advance. Check into PERL and the PERL DBI (DataBase Interface). There are drivers for both mySQL and ORACLE. The PERL DBI can maintain multiple connections so you can access both DB's at the same time. That should make the transfer easy. Drop me a line if you need help. Ed Prochak ...

Link from one database to tables of other database
Hi, I am trying to Link one MS Access database to the tables of a second MS Access database using Tools-->Database Utilities-->Linked Table Manager. I receive the error "Method 'List' of Object 'IFieldListWnd' failed" I have been successful in doing this before, but do not understand why I can't seem to do this, this time? Thanks for your ideas! Zufie On Mar 24, 9:43=A0am, zufie <john.marru...@illinois.gov> wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to Link one MS Access database to the tables of a second > MS Access database using Tools-->Database Utilities-->Linked Table > Manager. > > I receive the error "Method 'List' of Object 'IFieldListWnd' failed" > > I have been successful in doing this before, but do not understand why > I can't seem to do this, this time? > > Thanks for your ideas! > > Zufie Figured it out. For whatever reason, I must first open the application MS Access 2000. Following this I must open the first Access database via the application MS Access 2000 and then proceed to linking the first Access database with the second Access database. Zuf ...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from infomix to oracle? Best Regards Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH Sven Anders wrote: > Hi, > I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, > but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > > - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > > - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole > database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , > insert ...), so > you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql > <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there > is a > infdump direcorty) dbexport > - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from > infomix to oracle? dbexport? -- Ciao, The Obnoxious One "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi ...

Database copy -- recover database question
I am coping SAP/Oracle database R3Q to Q02, For R3Q: SQL> connect / as sysdba Connected. SQL> alter system switch logfile; (4 times, we have 2 groups , 2 memebers per group) System altered. SQL> alter database backup controlfile to trace; SQL> shutdown Database closed. Database dismounted. ORACLE instance shut down. For Q02: Copy all database & online redo logs to correcponding destination directory. CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "Q02" RESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG -- SET STANDBY TO MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE MAXLOGFILES 255 MAXLOGMEMBERS 3 MAXDATAFILES 254 MAXINSTANCES 50 MAXLOGHISTORY 3176 LOGFILE GROUP 1 ( '/oracle/Q02/origlogA/log_g11m1.dbf', '/oracle/Q02/mirrlogA/log_g11m2.dbf' ) SIZE 50M, GROUP 2 ( '/oracle/Q02/origlogB/log_g12m1.dbf', '/oracle/Q02/mirrlogB/log_g12m2.dbf' ) SIZE 50M, GROUP 3 ( '/oracle/Q02/origlogA/log_g13m1.dbf', '/oracle/Q02/mirrlogA/log_g13m2.dbf' ) SIZE 50M, GROUP 4 ( '/oracle/Q02/origlogB/log_g14m1.dbf', '/oracle/Q02/mirrlogB/log_g14m2.dbf' ) SIZE 50M -- STANDBY LOGFILE DATAFILE '/oracle/Q02/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1', '/oracle/Q02/sapdata3/r3q_1/r3q.data1', '/oracle/Q02/sapdata3/r3q_2/r3q.data2', '/oracle/Q02/sapdata3/r3q_3/r3q.data3', '/oracle/Q02/sapdata3/r3q_4/r3q.data4', '/oracle/Q02/sapdata4/r3q_5/r3q.data5', '/oracle/Q02/...

Converting database to MS-SQLServer from PostGRESQL
Forgive me if this question is a bit too generic, if it is, feel free to just not respond. I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. My question is, does anyone have any documentation on how to convert a database from the Postgre platform to SQL server? Is it possible using an ODBC connection to import a database structure including table definitions, views etc into SQL Server? Failing this, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start - I did attempt to go through the SQL code and modify it to suit SQL server, but it's about 3,500 lines of code excluding the insert statements (which themselves are also wrong) and almost every line needs something changed when comparing SQL syntax from Postgre to MSSQL server Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions. Engada. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Engada wrote: > I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of > years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. > > It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not > syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. pg_dump has a number of flags that may help, e.g. --inserts What specific types of syntax errors do you encounter? Googling (Postgr...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

Delete a record from a table in a Database with Database Connectivity
I can't find the function from the Database Connectivity library that allows me to delete a record from a table of the database. I tried to use DB Tools Free Object.vi function but this one deletes only the table created with a query. &nbsp; Thankyou Hi, I have the same problem to delete a record&nbsp;from a table in a Database. I couldn't understand your answers very well. Can anyone give some more&nbsp;details? If you&nbsp;already have got the solution, could you let&nbsp;me know? Thank you very much! Jane&nbsp; I have used the sql query as described above a...

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

Sqlserver 2000 database on Oracle 9 server
Hi! how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. or how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. Thanks Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > or > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > Thanks > Oracle Transparent Gateway. Heterogeneous services. ASCII files. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Daniel Morgan <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1073922683.284194@yasure>... > Hubert Mayr wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > how could I link a sqlserver 2000 database on a oracle 9 server. > > or > > how could I import a sqlserver 2000 database in oracle 9 server. > > > > Thanks > > > > Oracle Transparent Gateway. > Heterogeneous services. > ASCII files. I have read some articles about this, but I am a little confused about the difference between "Oracle Transparent Gateway" and "Heterogeneous services". I want to create a database link so that the application (logging on to Oracle) will not know whether the table is actually stored in Oracle or in SQL Server. Do I need Oracle Transparent Gateway to make this possible or ...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

Copy Prdoduction database to Test database on different machine
Hi all, I want to make a copy of the production database to a different machine and then reload the database for testing purpose. This must be done during the night when nobody is on the production system. On both machines: OS: Linux RH 8.0 Oracle: 9.2.0.1 Same directory structure. Which steps do I have to take or which scripts do I have to run? With kind regards, Herman Pool > Which steps do I have to take or which scripts do I have to run? imp/exp with FULL=Y option or if your tablespaces already exist exp each of your users and import them from system with fromuser and touser these are easily scripted thanks Herman Pool wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to make a copy of the production database to a different > machine and then reload the database for testing purpose. > This must be done during the night when nobody is on the production > system. > > On both machines: > OS: Linux RH 8.0 > Oracle: 9.2.0.1 > Same directory structure. > > Which steps do I have to take or which scripts do I have to run? > > With kind regards, > > Herman Pool I had a similar requirement recently, although you seem to want to do it nightly? It might be worth to check the RMAN documentation on duplicate. When properly set up the only script you need might be rman> connect target / rman> connect auxilliary database <privileged user>/<password>@duplicatedb rman> duplicate target database to duplicatedb; Howeve...

FE database not showing new table added to BE database
Hello All, I've checked around a little on Google (and this group) and have found info similar to what I'm trying to do (i.e., changes that were made in the BE's tables are not reflected in the FE database) and have heard suggestions using code, etcetera. But I need a bit more clarification please. What I'm doing/have done is this (MS Access 2007, FE stored on WXP clients, BE stored on a W2K3 server): My database has been split. A copy of the FE is on each user PC, the BE is stored in shared folder on the server. I've had to (don't ask why please, its one of those things where people don't spend enough time on their biz requirements up front and instead rush to start using a database) add a new table to the system. I added it in the BE file, but when I run the FE, it's not showing up (the other tables from the BE are showing as linked tables with the arrows). I've used the Linked Table Manager in the FE (which isn't available in the BE), but only see the original set of tables from my BE, no mention of the new table that I had to add to the BE. Which brings me to my question, the new table is there in the BE, but its now showing up in the FE's, how can this be accomplished? Is the only way to do this via coding? Rgds, Amit Open the FE. Click on Get External Data. Navigate to your BE and select the missing table. Click Link. You should now see the missing table in your FE. Steve <reelrave@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

Web resources about - How to copy table from oracle database to sqlserver database ? - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...