How to disable a warning message ?

Hi,

 I have a few create table statements which create temporary tables
that has row definitions which exceeds the 8060 size limit, this causes
a warning message being generated (Message 1708).

 Is there a way I can disable/avoid the warning message from being
printed ?

Thanks,

joe

0
joedsilva (4)
7/8/2005 5:30:32 AM
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver 14567 articles. 0 followers. janinepelletier (108) is leader. Post Follow

Make the columns smaller?

0
google3285 (162)
7/8/2005 2:07:31 PM
I don't believe there's any way to disable the message (at least
without making the table smaller) - is there some reason why you can't
simply ignore it in your client?

Simon

0
sql (2120)

Disable WARNING message
Hello everyone! I would really appreciate if someone tells me what's the msgid of the following warning message (so I can disable it without disabling all warning messages in a row): "Warning: Infinite or Not-a-Number value encountered." Just for record, I'm using the function 'quadgk' to calculate an integral in R+ which I use to evaluate the fitness function in a ga optimization. It works very well and it's very fast but in each iteration it keeps showing me the warning message thousands of time (I think it's because I'm integrating from 0 to Infinity, cause the result i get is correct). Not so pleasant ;) Thanks! Sincerely, Gabriel "Gabriel Papaiz Garbini" <gabrielhpg@gmail.com> wrote in message <khb5oj$7e9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello everyone! > > I would really appreciate if someone tells me what's the msgid of the following warning message (so I can disable it without disabling all warning messages in a row): > > "Warning: Infinite or Not-a-Number value encountered." > > Just for record, I'm using the function 'quadgk' to calculate an integral in R+ which I use to evaluate the fitness function in a ga optimization. It works very well and it's very fast but in each iteration it keeps showing me the warning message thousands of time (I think it's because I'm integrating from 0 to Infinity, cause the result i get is cor...

How to disable hyperink warning message
I have a hyperlink field in a form. The links map to documents on a local drive. When I attempt to open the doc via a link I get a MS Access waring message about hyperlinks that I have to click through. I want to hand off the database to a client. Is there a way to disable the warning? Thanks, SteveM ...

Converting database to MS-SQLServer from PostGRESQL
Forgive me if this question is a bit too generic, if it is, feel free to just not respond. I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. My question is, does anyone have any documentation on how to convert a database from the Postgre platform to SQL server? Is it possible using an ODBC connection to import a database structure including table definitions, views etc into SQL Server? Failing this, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start - I did attempt to go through the SQL code and modify it to suit SQL server, but it's about 3,500 lines of code excluding the insert statements (which themselves are also wrong) and almost every line needs something changed when comparing SQL syntax from Postgre to MSSQL server Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions. Engada. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Engada wrote: > I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of > years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. > > It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not > syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. pg_dump has a number of flags that may help, e.g. --inserts What specific types of syntax errors do you encounter? Googling (Postgr...

MS Jet database engine error message
In Access'97, I am currently trying to run a Select query, which I normally run every week, without problem, until now. I am currently getting the following error message; The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time I'm not trying to change anything, nor do I believe that anyone else is, or should be in my database. Does anyone now what this means and how I can resolve it and continue with my normal process? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks Delete the LDB file when there's no-one using the MDB file (including you). Thanks for this, but unfortunately, there's no *.ldb file (have shown hidden file types etc). I'm currently running my SQ again, taking each tbl & qry out one at a time to see if I can pin-point the error. However, when viewing each tbl behind my SQ individual they're ok, as are the SQ's (there's two sub within the main one) when I run them seperately. Any more suggestions? Many thanks. ...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Would like to somehow link specific eMails in my message store to MS Access database
Is it possible for me to open, read and display a specific eMail message from within an Access database? Perhaps I have received an eMail from a customer in the customers table that I wish to save in my mail client's message store. Maybe I don't want to cut 'n paste its contents into a memo field in the customers table. I just want to save a pointer to it so when flipping through customer records on a form, I can pull it up & view it inside the database. Any suggestions? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote: >Is it possible for me to open, read and display a specific eMail >message from within an Access database? Perhaps I have >received an eMail from a customer in the customers table that >I wish to save in my mail client's message store. Maybe I don't >want to cut 'n paste its contents into a memo field in the customers >table. I just want to save a pointer to it so when flipping through >customer records on a form, I can pull it up & view it inside the >database. Any suggestions? Microsoft Access Email FAQ http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Thanks for the hint, Tony. Unfortunately the examples on the site you recommende...

warning messages in /var/adm/messages
Hello, We have Fujitsu 650 machine, in /var/adm/messages it is throwing error: ********** Oct 25 18:44:33 in2ce2 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@89,2000/fibre-channel@1/sd@1,1 (sd233): Oct 25 18:44:33 in2ce2 SCSI transport failed: reason 'tran_err': giving up Oct 25 18:44:45 in2ce2 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@89,2000/fibre-channel@1/sd@1,2 (sd234): Oct 25 18:44:45 in2ce2 SCSI transport failed: reason 'tran_err': giving up ********** I have checked prtdiag, which shows "No Recent System Faults found" and in iostat -xPnce transortatio...

Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?
I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer Everytime I print, I get the message below. Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color. Does anyone know how I can disable this message? Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the manual. Thanks Black BJ Cartridge Detected Job: Untitled Click OK after replacing cartridge current print job requires color BJ cartridge or CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige This may result in unpredictable output <techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147318849...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

About warning message
Dear Listers; When I run a program, there are some warning message from the program, whil= e I am sure there is no error in my program, then does anyone know how to close these warning messages. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. -- Best regards, Tony Sure, but we will need you to send us a sample of the warning message(s), or a snippet of your log. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tony Yang Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:36 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: About warning message Dear Listers; When I run a pro...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

how to disable a database
there are two database on a instance. How to disable a database and left the other database enabled ? It mean that I won't allow a group of user to access the specified database temporarily. --f46d0401f591e86f0f04d0b3042c Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Revoke connect, resource, and dba priveleges from PUBLIC and all users except user informix. Art Art S. Kagel Advanced DataTools (www.advancedatatools.com) Blog: http://informix-myview.blogspot.com/ Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that my own opinions are my own opinions and do not reflect on my employer, Advanced DataTools, the IIUG, nor any other organization with which I am associated either explicitly, implicitly, or by inference. Neither do those opinions reflect those of other individuals affiliated with any entity with which I am affiliated nor those of the entities themselves. On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM, joe <joeclhua@gmail.com> wrote: > there are two database on a instance. > > How to disable a database and left the other database enabled ? > > It mean that I won't allow a group of user to access the > specified database temporarily. > _______________________________________________ > Informix-list mailing list > Informix-list@iiug.org > http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list > --f46d0401f591e86f0f04d0b3042c Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Warning Message
Hi All, I have upgraded from Solaris 10 03/05 to Solaris 10 06/06 for a V490. My log files keeping showing following error: /usr/lib/utmpd WARNING /var/adm/utmp exists! /usr/sbin/pmconfig: "/etc/power.conf" line 2, unrecognized keyword "=CE { for this message I dont have /etc/power.conf file} So would it be a fix if I turn the smf off for pmconfig?] .=CD ..=2E=A3" Loading smf(5) service descriptions: 2/2 WARNING: svccfg import /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc/100235_1-rpc_ticotsord.xml failed svccfg import...

Warning message
Hiya I have a macro whereby I am using proc report to print different information from the same dataset. There is no problem with producing the reports, however, as I using not necessarily selecting the same columns for each report I DEFINE all columns and specify what columns I require, via the COLUMN statement. I am producing a number of different reports from the same dataset. There are similarities within each report. It is just that some of the columns vary from report to report, and I don't want to produce a separate dataset (and report) for each criteria. I realise that one shou...

warning message
function xx = fsk_gen( bitstr, fs, bdur) len_bitstr = length(bitstr); num_array = abs(bitstr); bin_string = DEC2BIN(num_array,8); len_binstr = length(bin_string); k = len_binstr * len_bitstr; reshape(bin_string,1,k); inbits = abs(bin_string) - abs('0'); % convert string to array of binary numbers xx = []; tvec = [0:fs*bdur]/fs; % determine time interval %% Determine the frequency to output from the array of binary numbers for i = 1:length(inbits) if (inbits(i) == 1) xxp = 1650; elseif (inbits(i) == 0) xxp = 1850; else 'error&...

customize "message" with data from database in email message.
I am using FileMaker Pro 7 and winxp . I want to create an email message that will include the address and city and state of different folks. I understand how to set some of it up..but when I get to the message part of the scriptbuilders... dang... i can't get it to produce what i want. I want the message to be: We are verifying the snail mail addresses. We have your address as... (then I want to insert from the database the address we have... and add the city, state, zip... all which are in the database Right now all i can get it to do is enter the address... So i am stuck in the ...

Can I convert a warning message to a error message to use try...catch?
Hi guys: I am trying to use "try catch" to find a singular matrix and then take inverse of non-singular matrix! However, there is only a warning message for inv() command. How can I convert a warning to a error then I can use try and catch? Thanks "Fei" <joey_qf@163.com> wrote in message news:1145360225.610363.128650@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys: > > I am trying to use "try catch" to find a singular matrix and then take > inverse of non-singular matrix! However, there is only a warning > message for inv() command. How can I...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco Remco Groot Beumer wrote: > Hello, > > I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. > When i try to open the file it gives the error: > The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and > another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). > > I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or > Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how > to save the data in this .mdb file. > > Greetings, > > Remco > > if your friend doesn't have a backup, it's shot. There are companies that you can sent it to which specialize in getting data out of corrupt Access databases....but it'll cost you a pretty penny! ...