Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server

How do I do this when my instalation cd is an old veriosn with no SP�s? Win
2003 requires MS SQL 2000 SP3 sp what do I do???

Regards
Anders

0
dct_flare (5)

> When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the
> end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3
> immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the
> microsoft web site.

Actually not. It says:

Ms SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Ediditon server componenet is not supportet on
this operating system. Only client componentes will be avaible for
instalation.

I juts read that before SQL server 2000 could run i would need SP3. But I
get no chance of installing it. Is it because its enteprise edition?

ANders

0
dct_flare (5)
8/19/2003 4:23:11 PM
> When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the
> end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3
> immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the
> microsoft web site.

Ahhhh. Stupid stupid me. So embarrassed. Id used my locally cdrom drive as
mountet network drive. Somehow i have manished to click on autorun menu at
my local computer! Thougt the popup window was on the server. (Using VNC)

Anyay thx. I'll just crawl back in my hole.

Anders

0
dct_flare (5)

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit ...

[...]

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention t...

trouble getting a connection from MS SQL Server 2000 database server from WSAD
Hi , I have java servlet that creates a connection from connection pool . and I am getting the following errror.I am working on WSAD 4.x. I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver Implementation class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource and provided all the required jar files located at. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib.also i have given the resoure properties. WebSphere DataSource:CMProperties for DataSource "MSSQLServerConDev" DataSource Properties [com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSou...

Problem by design
Hi. Sorry for cross posting! After I've installed MS-SQL Server 2000, I've got a problem each time I open a table, view or diagram in design, in a MS-Access project. Something like a table is popping up, but only the headline of the table, there is no name in the headline. The (ghost) table is automatic getting focus, (like a dialog box), and I can't do anything. I can close the (ghost) table using ALT-F4 combination, but it is very annoying me. I've tried to uninstall both the MS-SQL Server 2000 and MS-Access 2000, I've also tried to compact and repair the dat...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on...

MS SQL Server 2000 / MS Access
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. No idea - it depends how big the tables are, what your queries look like, how you execute your queries etc. If you're using stored procedures, for example, then I would expect MSSQL to be faster, as all...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server.
My regards for all on this NG! My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Thanks a lot!! Lucio Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > My regards for all on this NG! > > My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases > and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 > I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run > with no problems into Windows 2003 Server...

Difference between running MS SQL Server 2000 on a desktop PC and a Server
Hi Everyone, Apparently, I was being asked on a question, "Why don't we procure a desktop PC to run MS SQL Server 2000 rather than a buying a server?". From a Management point-of-view, buying a desktop PC is much cheaper than a server. However, I just wanted to understand that is it a viable solution given the database size is something around 200 GB? Equipping with more memory, more storage and a more powerful CPU on a desktop PC could really taking up the role to support the DBMS? Besides this "sensitive" costing concerns, what will be others difference in runnin...

Web resources about - Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper