Is this group dead?

The last non-spam topic was four months ago -- a question was posed, a followup question asked by Erland, then silence.

Is there any reason I should keep this group in my watchlist?
0
Ross

Ross Presser (rpresser@gmail.com) writes:
> The last non-spam topic was four months ago -- a question was posed, a
> followup question asked by Erland, then silence.
>
> Is there any reason I should keep this group in my watchlist?

Overall, Usenet is not buzzling with traffic these days, is it?

Whether you should keeping monitoring the group is up to you. Myself, I find
the spam level tolerable.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
Erland
3/15/2016 3:12:33 PM
On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 14:40:16 UTC, Ross Presser  wrote:
> The last non-spam topic was four months ago -- a question was posed, a followup question asked by Erland, then silence.
>
> Is there any reason I should keep this group in my watchlist?

I'm not sure who else is here.  On the other hand, it means
that any problem I share is both exciting and nostalgic
to anyone who may offer to address it for me.  Especially
as I'm still professionally using SQL Server 2005.
0
rja
3/15/2016 9:43:13 PM
There are far quicker ways to get an answer to a question, but this
group exists for the sake of existing if nothing else.

Which is honorable.

0
Selwyn

This group is dead, dead, dead!
R.I.P. Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% In article <6b61f04d-6d96-44d2-b75d-0e5bf0368dc8@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>, MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote: > R.I.P. > > Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac > platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% Right. Move on, then. Unless, this "dead" group is all that there is in your sad little life... -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg> "MuahMan" <muahman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6b61f04d-6d96-44d2-b75d-0e5bf0368dc8@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > R.I.P. > > Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac > platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% wot do u expect. mac fanbois post and the crickets chirp. On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:31:26 -0700, Alan Baker wrote (in article <alangbaker-7F3968.14312611082009@news.shawcable.com>): > In article > <6b61f04d-6d96-44d2-b75d-0e5bf0368dc8@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>, > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote: > >> R.I.P. >> >> Nothing but fanbois and Chinese SPAM! This group is as dead as the Mac >> platform is in the enterprise. DEAD!!!!! 0% > > Right. Move on, then. > > Unless, this "dead" group is all that there is in yo...

Not so dead, *dead*, DEAD!
AMD Licenses Rambus Memory Patents http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1907477,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532 Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://www.usenet.com On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:14:35 -0500, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote: >AMD Licenses Rambus Memory Patents >http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1907477,00.asp?kc=ETRSS0...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Sun is DEAD DEAD DEAD !!!
Go and buy a PC with Windows XP ! On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:15:27 -0700, Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote: > Go and buy a PC with Windows XP ! Buddy, you are lame, lame, lame. Like they say FOOOONG! -- Juhan Leemet Logicognosis, Inc. Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote: > Go and buy a PC with Windows XP ! I'm running a PC right now, bought whithout OS, i downloaded it. It's okay to get frustrated over an OS, your'e subject tell me you need some help ?, or assistance ? then, you will get help from here on sun hardware. /J�rgen On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:04:08 +0200, Jorgen Moquist wrote...

Why This Group Is Dead...
Because, I'm answering all the questions, next door! :-) DAve Allison wrote: > Hey, it worked! Woohoo. I was trying to freehand crop and that never > worked out. Thanks for the pointer! > > DAve > > > Uni wrote: > >> DAve Allison wrote: >> >>> Thanks for that - it helps. So when I crop a photo, is there a >>> template or guide that will get me the correct size in Paint Shop Pro? >> >> >> If you set a custom selection (not Crop) size with the Tool Option, >> such as 1280 x 960, rather than drag ...

Dead. So dead.
The last message was my MLB 2K6 360 comment how many days ago? (sigh) This is what happens when you have companies with more or less exclusivity on various sports -- and when there's only 1 maker for PC sports games (EA), aside from the occasional import (Winning Eleven series) and indie games (OOTP, PureSim, etc) In article <1147152488.639748.179580@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote: >The last message was my MLB 2K6 360 comment how many days ago? > >(sigh) > >This is what happens when you have compan...

Group dead?
Is the group dead? I hope not :( Me wrote: > Is the group dead? I hope not :( > I hope not as well :o) On 2 June, 22:08, Phil Cave <phil.c...@gmail.com> wrote: > Me wrote: > > Is the group dead? I hope not :( > > I hope not as well :o) Well it just depends on whether anyone is willing to post on Usenet anymore. With Broadband you don' t get the free newsgroups we used to enjoy and a lot of groups are infested with trolls. Many have migrated over to forums which is fine but it means having to look around different places so people can be less inclined to visit as many places as they did under usenet. The Oric forum is over at Defence Force. But you can post here too. ...

Find group membership and also which databases a person or group has access to
Is there a tool or some option to find out which groups a person is a member of? Also which databases a person or a group has access to? Regards Mailman All you need to do in create a view in your Domino Directory/Address Book named something like "Groups by People" and put this formula as the view selection. @Name([Abbreviate]; Members) Once this is done, and the view is accessed, it will show all the groups that the user is a part of. For the 2nd part of you question, to the best of my knowledge, the best you can do is check the members of a particular g...

This group is dead.
All the Apple fuckups recently have emptied this place out; hard to advocated a company that can't make a working product. Only the biggest Appholes and Apple apologists remain. Znu, Tardman (Alan Baker), Senial Man (Llyod), I'm forget a couple but can't think of them at the moment. On 2010-07-07 18:58:35 -0400, MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> said: > All the Apple fuckups recently have emptied this place out; hard to > advocated a company that can't make a working product. Only the > biggest Appholes and Apple apologists remain. Znu, Tardman (Alan > B...

why is this group so dead?
Are there more interesting places for CS theory? Thanks. D. In article <o7qnn4p86svq75gkjc7ql5i9bc9t7cnhua@4ax.com>, Doug <zuestra@hotmail.com> wrote: >Are there more interesting places for CS theory? The blogosphere. Try the blogs of Lance Fortnow, Bill Gasarch, Scott Aaronson, Luca Trevisan, etc. In general, USENET is dying and the blogosphere is growing. -- Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will never exceed four of those miles of which as many thousand separate us from the center of the earth. ---Galileo, Dialogues Concerning Two New Sciences tchow@lsa.umich.edu wrote: > In article <o7qnn4p86svq75gkjc7ql5i9bc9t7cnhua@4ax.com>, > Doug <zuestra@hotmail.com> wrote: >> Are there more interesting places for CS theory? > > The blogosphere. Try the blogs of Lance Fortnow, Bill Gasarch, Scott > Aaronson, Luca Trevisan, etc. > > In general, USENET is dying and the blogosphere is growing. Yes, I agree and am very puzzled by this! The blogosphere is very decentralized. One usenet group is instead replaced by several blogs? One would think that people would stay in the most concentrated "area" but instead it seems that the 'net tends towards disorder... ;) In article <70a8$497ceb39$d0365e22$26887@news.eurofeeds.com>, rabbits77 <rabbits77@my-deja.com> wrote: >tchow@lsa.umich.edu wrote: >> In general, U...

Is the group dead?
Somehow, I can't see any new threads except for Ramine's rants. Is it just me? On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:34:32 -0800 (PST) WuEm <w.maleska@gmail.com> wrote: > Somehow, I can't see any new threads except for Ramine's rants. > Is it just me? Group is dead... ...

Group dead?
WTF has happened to c.s.i.p.h.c.??? :-( j. Jack wrote: >WTF has happened to c.s.i.p.h.c.??? :-( > >j. Pretty quiet, eh? Cursed Web forums... I understand AMD is in a lot of trouble. chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote: : Jack wrote: : :: WTF has happened to c.s.i.p.h.c.??? :-( :: :: j. : : Pretty quiet, eh? Cursed Web forums... : : I understand AMD is in a lot of trouble. Hey ya "Chrisv", I remember you. A year or two ago that statement (re AMD) would have generated a decent, lively thread. Man it just kills me to see t...

If he is dead, he is dead
We all feel sympathetic for him. ...

Is the group dead?
Haven't seen any post for a while.... Pupkov wrote: > Haven't seen any post for a while.... I haven't made a lot of progress recently. -- -- Marten Kemp (Fix name and ISP to reply) Pupkov <pozhit@u.washington.edu> wrote: > Haven't seen any post for a while.... Latest post (<news:g7gdor$229$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu>) in the "need a documentation on PC i/o ports, etc" thread was of August 8 (or 7, depending on your timezone), not bad/long for a group like this. On Aug 14, 1:32 pm, "Pupkov" <poz...@u.washingt...

Why This Group Is Dead...
Because, I'm answering all the questions, next door! :-) DAve Allison wrote: > Hey, it worked! Woohoo. I was trying to freehand crop and that never > worked out. Thanks for the pointer! > > DAve > > > Uni wrote: > >> DAve Allison wrote: >> >>> Thanks for that - it helps. So when I crop a photo, is there a >>> template or guide that will get me the correct size in Paint Shop Pro? >> >> >> If you set a custom selection (not Crop) size with the Tool Option, >> such as 1280 x 960, rather than drag ...

MS "Partner" = MS Victim Not Quite Dead Yet
Someone recorded this basic "Axiom Of Life" some long time ago. But the times are a changin'. Major global advertising more and more is devoid of any mention of the Monkey Show from Redmond. Where Win *is* mentioned, it is hidden often in a light text on light background non-statement. Clever way to avoid embarassing association with the biggest mistake in modern high-tech history. ...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

Web resources about - Is this group dead? - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

MPH Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a Malaysian group of companies best known for its book retailing , and is also involved in the printing, publishing and distribution of books ...

Missing group found bogged in Queensland
... stuck in state's north-west. Seven people will be rescued on Monday after their bogged car was found in Queensland's north-west. The group, ...

Line Now Supports Free Group Voice Calls For Up to 200 People
Line Corporation has announced the addition of group voice calling to its messaging app on mobile, which allows users to participate in free ...

News Briefs: Hospice of the Finger Lakes hosts bereavement support group next two Thursdays
News Briefs: Hospice of the Finger Lakes hosts bereavement support group next two Thursdays Auburn Citizen Hospice of the Finger Lakes, 1130 ...

Kansas City group opens rare LGBTQ domestic violence center
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A quiet office in a busy entertainment district is a rare space for LGBTQ people to find help in times of crisis or to ...

Group Forms Trump Militia To 'Forcefully Protect' Rally Goers From 'Far-left Agitators'
A group of Donald Trump supporters over the weekend called for volunteers to join a would-be militia aiming to protect voters against so-called ...

China’s Dalian Wanda Group Merging Film Units Into Consolidated Division
Chinese media giant Dalian Wanda Group is consolidating its different film operations to come under its exhibition unit Wanda Cinema Line, which ...

There's A Lot Of Turmoil Within The Memphis Grizzlies Ownership Group
As the Memphis Grizzlies undergo an injury crisis on the court , behind the scenes things seem even messier. According to a report from Brian ...

Are You Orgasming Without Even Knowing It? Group Author Group
"The most surprising part came when I actually started masturbating​."​

Daiwa Securities Group Inc. Acquires 77,630 Shares of Raytheon Company (RTN)
Daiwa Securities Group Inc. raised its stake in Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN) by 644.2% during the fourth quarter, according to its most recent ...