Linked Server Error Between SQL Server and Oracle

I have used Linked Servers to hook up to an Oracle 9i database in SQL
Server 2000.  I can see all the Tables and Views when I look in the
linked server section.  I can also run the following SQL statement :

Select *
from Orcldb..SYSTEM.CrossTabSaveSites

and get a return result.  The problem I realize is that some of the
tables are going to be quite larger and I can't wait for SQL Server to
download all the data and parse it itself, so I tried to use a
passthrough query like so :

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(OrclDB, 'SELECT * FROM
SYSTEM.CrossTabSaveSites')

Unfortunately this gives me the error message :

Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
provider 'MSDAORA'.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-00942: table or view does not
exist
]

There is also the issue of speed.  It takes about 15 seconds to come
back to me to tell me that the table/view doesn't exist, but sometimes
it comes back immediately.  Is this something with the user
permissions in Oracle? (Don't really know much about Oracle) It just
seems like a very long time to wait just to let me know that the item
doesn't exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

-Jevon Thurlow

"Jevon" <jevonthurlow@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have used Linked Servers to hook up to an Oracle 9i database in SQL
> Server 2000.  I can see all the Tables and Views when I look in the
> linked server section.  I can also run the following SQL statement :
>
> Select *
> from Orcldb..SYSTEM.CrossTabSaveSites
>
> and get a return result.  The problem I realize is that some of the
> tables are going to be quite larger and I can't wait for SQL Server to
> download all the data and parse it itself, so I tried to use a
> passthrough query like so :
>
> SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(OrclDB, 'SELECT * FROM
> SYSTEM.CrossTabSaveSites')
>
> Unfortunately this gives me the error message :
>
> Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
> An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB
> provider 'MSDAORA'.
> [OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-00942: table or view does not
> exist
> ]
>
> There is also the issue of speed.  It takes about 15 seconds to come
> back to me to tell me that the table/view doesn't exist, but sometimes
> it comes back immediately.  Is this something with the user
> permissions in Oracle? (Don't really know much about Oracle) It just
> seems like a very long time to wait just to let me know that the item
> doesn't exist.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> -Jevon Thurlow

I can't tell you anything about the performance issue, but the ORA-00942
error is probably because Oracle is case-sensitive, and object names are
usually in upper case:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;240340
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;280106

Simon

0
sql (2120)

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

MS SQL Linked Servers(Linking MySQL to MS SQL) Collation problem.
Hello, I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? P?vels Mihailovs (iceravenlv@gmail.com) writes: > I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a > table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and > the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL > server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive > question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. > Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? Since I don't work with MySQL myself, it's difficult to say what is going on. But if MySQL has a notion of collation, and the collation is ucs2_general_ci, it sounds like MySQL returns Unicode data. One would expect that to arrive unscathed. What is you collation on the SQL Server side? The stored procedure sp_serveroption permits you to set options for linked servers, and two of them relates to collations. You could play around with these and see what happens. Please look in Books Online for details. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/techn...

Help! SQL Server error
Dear all, On Win2000 server with SP3, I am trying to access a SQL Server 7.0 database, "TestDB", from VB6 via a SQL Server ODBC system DSN using ADO 2.7. In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, there is a login named "Tester". In its property window, NO "Server Roles" was assigned but its "Database Access" was set to "TestDB". This login was also made as the user of "TestDB" with "public", "db_datareader" and "db_datawriter" selected as its "Database role membership". All the tables I am trying to access in "TestDB" were created under "Tester". My code is like: Set conn = New ADODB.Connection conn.Open "DSN=TestDSN;UID=Tester;PWD=test" Set cmd = New ADODB.Command cmd.ActiveConnection = conn cmd.CommandText = SQL set rs = cmd.Execute() If I set the SQL to something like "SELECT * FROM tbl_test", I always get an error of "-2147217865" saying "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid object name tbl_test". If I set the SQL to "SELECT * FROM Tester.tbl_test", everything runs properly. Could anyone please kindly advise why the first SQL is not working? Or in other words, why must I prefix the table name with its owner while the DB connection is already made under that owner name? Thanks in advance. Tracy I likely cause is that your ODBC DSN is setup for integrated security instead of SQL authent...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine.
I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine. Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. Thanks in Advance! gdev (paul.afamdi.okeke@gmail.com) writes: > I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL > Server on another machine. > > Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far > I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. There are plenty of examples in the topic for sp_addlinkedserver. In many cases, it is as simple as: exec sp_addlinkedserver THATSERVEROVERHERE exec sp_serverioption THATSERVEROVERTHERE, 'data access', true Authentication does not always work though, and in this case sp_addlinkedsrvlogin comes to the rescue. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

Linked Server gives Internal SQL Server error
Hi All, I am accessing a linked server (also a SQL Server) from a stored procedure. There is an insert statement that I run on a table in the linked server. This statement causes the Internal SQL Server error. But if I run the insert statement separately from Query Analyzer, it works fine! Also, I put the stored procedure directly into the database on the linked SQL Server and it ran fine on it. Has anybody come across something of this sort? Thanks, Sanjeev mahajan.sanjeev@gmail.com napisa�(a): > Hi All, > > I am accessing a linked server (also a SQL Server) from a stored > procedure. There is an insert statement that I run on a table in the > linked server. This statement causes the Internal SQL Server error. But > if I run the insert statement separately from Query Analyzer, it works > fine! Also, I put the stored procedure directly into the database on > the linked SQL Server and it ran fine on it. Has anybody come across > something of this sort? > > Thanks, > Sanjeev > When you start procedure from query analyzer you do it as some user but when this procedure is started by sql agent as job it is another user which doesn't have an access to the database linked by linked server, and this is the problem. You can try to run this procedure from vbs for example with ado connection the same as in query analyzer ...

Running MS Access db as a Linked Server on SQL Server
Hi, Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no one wants to touch. I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider String, (Location, Catalog)? Thanks a bunch. This might help; note the table about halfway down that includes the connection options for various sources. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190479.aspx Stu maxvalery@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked > server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL > Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no > one wants to touch. > > I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. > > So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link > Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection > strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider > String, (Location, Catalog)? > > Thanks a bunch. ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

SQL Server Link Server
Is it possible to create a link server in SQL Server without using the default system.mdw file? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Vincent (animedreamer@verizon.net) writes: > Is it possible to create a link server in SQL Server without using the > default system.mdw file? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Eh, yes. I don't even know what the system.mdw file might be. Adding a linked server can be as easy as: sp_addlinkedserver THATSERVEROVERTHERE and then you might be able to say things like: SELECT ... FROM THATSERVEROVERTHERE.db.dbo.tbl It is not always that simple; this requires Windows authentication to work all the way. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

Linked Server from SQL-Server 2000 to Oracle 8.1.7
We have a linked server, which worked fine, but we have just changed the collation sequence, in SQL-Server, from SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS to Latin1_General_CI_AS. Now trying to use the Linked server, we get the following message: "Error 7399: OLE DB Provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error. OLE DB error trace [OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: The provider did not give any information about the error]." Ha anyone seen this before, because I am not sure why changing the collation sequence, would affect the Linked Server "wotan" <wotan_79@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e5fd30ef.0408100354.6e5ec7a0@posting.google.com... > We have a linked server, which worked fine, but we have just changed > the collation sequence, in SQL-Server, from > SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS to Latin1_General_CI_AS. > > Now trying to use the Linked server, we get the following message: > "Error 7399: OLE DB Provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error. The provider > did not give any information about the error. OLE DB error trace [OLE > DB provider 'MSDAORA' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: > The provider did not give any information about the error]." > > Ha anyone seen this before, because I am not sure why changing the > collation sequence, would affect the Linked Server I have no idea ab...

insert fails
Hi, I configured a linked server in MS SQL Server v8 pointing to a remote AS/400 DB2 database. I used Client Access ODBC driver (v7), installed it from a Client Access Express v4.5. Select/update/delete seems to be working fine, I just cannot execute an insert statement. Here's the error I'm getting: update as400..U1.TB1 set a = 4 select * from as400..U1.TB1 insert into as400..U1.TB1 ( a ) values (1) ------------------------------------------------------ Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 4 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. The provider did not give any inf...

Re: Accessing legacy data via MS SQL Server linked servers
Chuck, You might talk to MBFoster. They may have a solution for you. Imagesql has odbclink/se but I'm not sure if this will do the job for you. Imagesql is available to 7.0 and 7.5 users. I have found in some cases that MSAccess does a quick job of access legacy data with odbclink/se...(but that is going thur Imagesql). JDBC, java, perl may be another solution. These have classes for image. Hope this helps Cathlene Mc Rae HP Sr Response Center Engineer. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/arc...

Entreprise Manager error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '#####'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.(28000,18452)"
Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and what needs to be done to get a connection. I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed. I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt. Thanks in advance! In the future, please do not put part of your message in the subject line. Makes it harder to read. In any case, you're trying to do integrated login and don't have that login set up in the DB. You need to add that login, or change to a SQL Login. -- Greg Moore SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available! Email: sql (at) greenms.com http://www.greenms.com/sqlserver.html "byrocat" <strikemaster2000@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:a1fc2ee7-94f6-40e2-9da9-6358130e11f4@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and > what needs to be done to get a connection. > > I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed. > > I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is > coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt. > > Thanks in advance! ...

Updating Oracle database from SQL Server as linked table
I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be able to use the following query: UPDATE server..user.table SET OraField1 = 'I' WHERE OraField1 = 'A' AND OraField2 IN ( SELECT SQLfield2 FROM SQLTable WHERE SQLField1 = 1 ) However, when I do this, I get an error saying that the field "was reported to have a DBTYPE of 130 at compile time and 5 at run time". This appears to mean that there's a field on the Oracle side that was defined as Number without any precision information. How can I rewrite this query to actually work? OpenQuery doesn't seem like it will do what I want, and I don't want to accidentally inactivate everyone in the database... Thanks! "Garrett Fitzgerald" <SarekOfVulcan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cefcd14e-1ffa-4c85-9fa3-6dab448fc3c4@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I have a medical records system where parts live in Oracle and parts > live in SQL Server. I'm trying to inactivate a lot of patients who > haven't been seen since the conversion by updating them on the SQL > Server side and then updating the Oracle side to match. I'd like to be > able to use the followi...

SqlSpec

Oracle Sequence/Link 2 MS SQL SERVER 2005
hi, 1. is there a statement in ms sql, what creates a sequence? cant find anything in web :-( -> oracle: CREATE SEQUENCE XYZ INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 NOCYCLE CACHE 20; -> ms sql: ??? 2. hwo do i create a link to another ms-sql database thx a lot need help, urgend :-) > 1. is there a statement in ms sql, what creates a sequence? cant find > anything in web :-( > -> oracle: CREATE SEQUENCE XYZ INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1 NOCYCLE > CACHE 20; > -> ms sql: ??? Microsoft SQL Server doesn't have sequences. It does have some sort of auto-increment integer thingy for columns, check out "identity" in the documentation. -- Martijn Tonies Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle & MS SQL Server Upscene Productions http://www.upscene.com My thoughts: http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/ Database development questions? Check the forum! http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com > 2. hwo do i create a link to another ms-sql database From one MS SQL to another MS SQL server? Or database? -- Martijn Tonies Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle & MS SQL Server Upscene Productions http://www.upscene.com My thoughts: http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/ Database development questions? Check the forum! http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com thx Martijn Martijn Tonies schrieb: > > 2. hwo do i create a link to another ms-sql databas...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Error inserting into iSeries DB2 table with long name via SQL Server 2000 linked Server
I have a IBM iSeries (aka AS-400) running v5r3 of OS/400 that I access via a linked server from SQL Server 2000. The following select works fine: select * from prod400db.test.meldbf.InventoryHistory However, this insert statement fails: insert into prod400db.TEST.MELDBF.InventoryHistory (plantId, itemnumber, transactionType, transactionQty, fromStockRoom, fromStatusCode, fromBinLocation, toStockRoom, toStatusCode, toBinLocation, transactionReason, transactionSourceSystem) values ('100','CMW21','R',11, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'WIP',' ', NULL,'...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Web resources about - Linked Server Error Between SQL Server and Oracle - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Do Trump Rallies Trample on Protesters’ Free Speech?
AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast Chicago police officers on foot and mounted, watch over protesters after a rally for Republican presidential candidate ...

Inside Twitter's 10th birthday party
Twitter celebrated its 10th birthday on Monday. Although the company has had its share of troubles — user growth has stalled and the company ...

Attack on EU military training mission in Mali over
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - An attack by gunmen on Monday that targeted a hotel in Mali's capital Bamako that had been converted into a base for a European ...

Hulk Hogan-Gawker jury awards $25M in punitive damages
On Monday, the jury hit Gawker Media with a $15 million judgment and its owner, Nick Denton, with $10 million. It also assessed $100,000 against ...

Andy Grove, tech legend and former Intel CEO, passes away
Intel's former CEO and Chairman Andrew S. Grove has passed away today, March 21st. He was 79 years old. The company owes much of its success ...

Terror Returns To Europe As Brussels Targeted In Airport, Metro Blasts
Belgian capital Brussels was targeted Tuesday with a series of seeming terror attacks on its airport and metro. There are reports of at least ...

Ben Affleck Fights Himself in 'Batman v Superman' Parody Trailer
Visual editor Todd Spence cut a special version of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer to put Ben Affleck against Ben Affleck ! Todd ...

FanDuel, DraftKings shut down daily fantasy sports games in New York
By Michael Erman and Karen Freifeld NEW YORK (Reuters) - Top daily fantasy sports companies FanDuel and DraftKings agreed to halt their business ...

Sorry, Mischa Barton: Nyle DiMarco is our early fave on 'Dancing With the Stars'
Monday's season premiere of Dancing with the Stars may have been one of the most impressive yet. Not only did seven couples crack scores of ...

Video: Easter Bunny Brawl at New Jersey Mall
Holiday photo session turns ugly after girl slips in chair