linked server from sql 7 to ms access 2000 ... some tables not available - solved

Hi,

I have a linked server in sql 7 that connects to a ms access 2000
database.  It has been working for a while, however lately, after we
imported a large amount of new data, the database fails to query a
certain (large number of records) table.

I can query and get responses for every other table except the largest
table.

select top 5 * from linkeddatabase...table

I get this error message.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionCheckForData
(CheckforData()).
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error.
Check your network documentation.

Connection Broken

I called a collegue and he suggested removing the primary key index
(which was multi field), creating an autonumber field and making it the
primary key, and then building a unique index on the two fields that
were formerly the primary key to insure the data stayed unique.
This index restructing fixed the problem.

(Thanks Joe!)

Justin

0
jmichael (6)