Member Key found in Fact Table but not in Dimension

I have a problem with the data in my Cubes in Analsyis Services.

When I try to process the cubes I get the following error:
"A member with key 'XXX' was found in the fact table but was not found
in the level 'XXX' of the dimension 'XXX'"

I have narrowed it down to the way the data is entered into the
Relational Database Table for example instead of typing 'Inventory' the
word is '=CCnventory' (this is due to hitting the apostrophe key before
typing in the word)

Has anyone come across this problem? Has anyone been able to solve it?
Please advise 8o)

Does Warehouse has Dimensions and Facts table or it is datamart which has Dimension and facts table
Hi All, We all are talking lots about Dimensions and fact table in warehouse. I would like to know few thing from experts: 1) Dimensions and facts are in Warehouse or Datamarts. 2) If we have Dimension and facts in Warehouse and datamart then what the difference in design. Waititng for reply. Regards Umesh Choudhary Not really a guru in DW construction .... but my 2c worth ... Datamarts are really just a subset of the DataWarehouse. The design principles are the same, but focus is on just one Geography or one Business Area (however you choose to organise your business). If geographic, then the DataMart may reflect most of the structure of the Data Warehouse but with less populated tables (however the Dimension tables might still be fully populated). A Business-Area centric DataMart may contain all data for only a few of the many related conbinations of Fact & Dimension tables. Essentially no difference in design -merely a matter of scope. Michael On 28 Aug 2004 00:43:33 -0700, umesh@apnaloan.com (Umesh Choudhary) wrote: >Hi All, > We all are talking lots about Dimensions and fact table in >warehouse. I would like to know few thing from experts: >1) Dimensions and facts are in Warehouse or Datamarts. >2) If we have Dimension and facts in Warehouse and datamart then what >the difference in design. > >Waititng for reply. > >Regards >Umesh Choudhary <YouveGotToBeKidding@...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > hi > i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another > database > through query analizer > give code ,,, > ...

I am trying to set up a database using the database connectivity toolkit and 8.5. I have tables setup and each one has an autoincrementing primary ID key.
I have very little experience with databases, but I have to set one up. I am setting up a relational BD, I have several tables set up, each has a primary key set up as a ID, autoincrement. &nbsp; How can I not send this column data, and let it autoincrement like it should so that it is a unique entry. I keep on getting an error that says that the number of colums don't match. Is there any way to do this. &nbsp; I want the database to keep track of the line count for this, and increment when each new entry arrives.&nbsp; Does this make any sense? The insert data VI has a Columns input which is a 1D string array. Each element in the array corresponds to an element in the cluster, so you can just use the names of the columns and not use the ID column. I think that is what I was doing, but it did not like it, I kept getting an error saying that the array that I was sending did not have the same number of columns as the table I was sending it to. When I read the database and list out the tables and the columns, I see that ID as one column in each table. That is my problem, It seems like I have to define each element and I have to send the same number of elements as there are in the table. I am using that as the primary key so I can not by definition send that a null, it has to be&nbsp;unique.&nbsp;&nbsp; questionable wrote: It seems like I have to define each element and I have to send the same number of elements as there are in the table. No, the...

Key table entry not found
Hello, I'm setting up a test KDC running on Solaris 9. The version I'm running is 5.1.3.1. I have successfully installed and setup my KDC server. I have tested it out on RH9 and everything is working there, as in being authenticated and such. I'm now trying to get kerberos authentication to work on another Solaris 9 box. But am running into problems. On the Solaris 9 box I have modified the pam.conf file to kerberos, copied the krb5.conf file from my kdc and ran kadmin as follows kadmin - admin/admin : ktadd host/machine_name.domain : quit When I tried to telnet into the system I got denied, the message in /var/adm/messages on the client box said something about "Bad encryption type". I found on the web to do ktadd the following: kadmin -p admin/admin : ktremove host/machine_name.domain : ktadd -e des-cbc-crc:normal host/machine_name.domain : quit This got rid of the "Bad encryption type" error, but I am now getting the following error in the messages file: "Key table entry not found". I don't know if this is saying that its not finding the machine keytab or my UID on the KDC server? Does anyone have any help here? Thanks... ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------- C. J. Keist Email: cj.keist@engr.colostate.edu UNIX/Network Manager Phone: 970-491-0630 Engineering Network ...

Fact Table Composite Keys
Hope you may be able to help. I am developing a fairly standard star schema with a central fact table and 5 dimension tables. All dimension tables contain a surrogate primary key. It is a composite of these keys that I plan to create the fact table primary key with. Am I correct in saying that if i use the date key as the first in the composite and create a clustered index on this primary key i will have data sorted by date always. My concern is that a a fact could contain a small customer no and product no therefore would the composite key be sorted on date or not just a combination of these values. Alternatively what if i cretated the composite key as unique only and then carried out a clustered index on date key, customee key etc? Is there a max no of columns I shouldn't exceed for a clustered index? Hope this makes sense. Any help is most appreciated. Cheers Daniel "Daniel Stone" <danielstone75@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:190c815b.0407260003.335e7336@posting.google.com... > Hope you may be able to help. > > I am developing a fairly standard star schema with a central fact > table and 5 dimension tables. All dimension tables contain a surrogate > primary key. It is a composite of these keys that I plan to create the > fact table primary key with. > > Am I correct in saying that if i use the date key as the first in the > composite and create a clustered index on this primary k...

Converting database to MS-SQLServer from PostGRESQL
Forgive me if this question is a bit too generic, if it is, feel free to just not respond. I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. My question is, does anyone have any documentation on how to convert a database from the Postgre platform to SQL server? Is it possible using an ODBC connection to import a database structure including table definitions, views etc into SQL Server? Failing this, does anyone have any suggestions on where I might start - I did attempt to go through the SQL code and modify it to suit SQL server, but it's about 3,500 lines of code excluding the insert statements (which themselves are also wrong) and almost every line needs something changed when comparing SQL syntax from Postgre to MSSQL server Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions. Engada. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Engada wrote: > I have a database which has been running in PostgreSQL for a number of > years at this stage which I want to port into MS SQL server. > > It seems that the SQL that Postgre outputs when I do a backup is not > syntactically correct within MS-SQL server. pg_dump has a number of flags that may help, e.g. --inserts What specific types of syntax errors do you encounter? Googling (Postgr...

BUG #1055: no keys in inherited table with primary key when inserting into inheriting table
The following bug has been logged online: Bug reference: 1055 Logged by: Agri Email address: agri@desnol.ru PostgreSQL version: 7.4 Operating system: PC-linux-gnu Description: no keys in inherited table with primary key when inserting into inheriting table Details: let me desribe a bug in the term of sql commands: create table first (id int primary key ); create table second (f2 int) inherits (first); create table third (ref_id int); alter table third add constraint third_ref_first foreign key (ref_id) references first; insert int...

Dimension from different columns of fact table?
Hi, Following is the scenario. A customer makes a phone call and requests about three services provided by our company. This information is stored in the fact table in one row. The fact table looks like [(Call ID);(Date);(Svc 1);(Svc 2);(Svc 3)]. "Svc" columns will have 1 or 0 depending upon whether the customer requested for that service in that particular call. If the fact table contains two rows with 1) one customer asking for service 1 and service 3 2) second customer asking for all three services how can i create a service dimension so that I can create output like "Services"-----"No of calls" ----------------------------- "Svc 1" ------- 2 "Svc 2" ------- 1 "Svc 3" ------- 2 Thanks Kri ...

Foreign keys referring table in other database
Hi ! IDS 11.50.FC6 I need to set up constraints between tables in different databases. According to the documentation the tables used in a foreign key definition must be in the same database. I have also tried to use synonyms and views thar refers the table in the other databas but no success. One idea is to use ER to replicate the tables in question, another would be to write triggers that does a check against synonyms. Any other ideas anybody ? TIA Ulf --_29528b80-cd1d-4bdd-9635-bd292cc1552a_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Tr...

Why isn't table A always key-preserved if equijoined to the key of table B?
Hi, It seems to me table A should always be key-preserved if equijoined to the key of table B, but Oracle seems to disagree. Example: SQL> create table jvd_t1 (c1 number, c2 number,c3 number); Table created. SQL> create table jvd_t2 (d1 number, d2 number); Table created. SQL> alter table jvd_t2 add primary key (d1); Table altered. *********** the following update works: SQL> update (select t1.*,t2.* 2 from jvd_t1 t1,jvd_t2 t2 3 where c1 = d1 ) 4 set c2=d2; 0 rows updated. ******* but this update does not: SQL> update (select t1.*,t2.* 2 from jvd_t1 t1,jvd_t2 t2 3 where c1||c3 = d1) -- this concatenation is the only difference 4 set c2=d2; set c2=d2 * ERROR at line 4: ORA-01779: cannot modify a column which maps to a non key-preserved table Why does the key-preserverdness of a table depend on the way I use the columns to equijoin to the key of another table? Oracle can conclude that for every record of jvd_t1 I will still fetch only one record (at the most) from the lookup-table, so jvd_t1 is still key-preserved. Oracle 9.2 on Sun OS. Jaap. Your analysis is correct - the table is key-preserved, and Oracle 'ought' to recognise it. There are other, cases where the optimizer fails to spot the key preservation. One day, no doubt, they will be covered. -- Regards Jonathan Lewis http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html Optimising Oracle Seminar...

Key table entry not found-this time with Heimdal
Hello, this is the same setup like in my previous post from this month,but this time I'm using heimdal-clients.I have removed all of the MIT packages that I have installed: krb5-user,krb5-clients. I have Virtual Network configured to use Kerberos authentication.The setup is as follows: Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 (DC,DNS) (FQDN) labserver.lab.com; Debian Linux 5.0(lenny) (WebServer-Apache) (FQDN) debian.lab.com; Windows XP Prof. (client) (FQDN) zdravko.lab.com; [Windows Server 2008 Settings] They are in the DNS lookup zone.I create one test user account for accessing the client machine under given domain(lab.com).The user name is "zdravko1" and its password never expires,and it's not going to be prompted for changing.After that I create one "dummy" user which will be used for SPN(service principal name mapping to it).It's called "http" and the same flags are used as in "zdravko1": -User cannot change password; -Password never expires; -This account supports AES 256 bit encryption; I continued with creating the keytab file: c:\>ktpass /princ HTTP/debian.lab.com@LAB.COM <http://lab.com/> /mapuser http@LAB.COM /pass Debian26 /crypto AES256-SHA1 /ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL /out http.keytab Keytab version: 0x502 keysize 78 HTTP/debian.lab.com@LAB.COM <http://lab.com/> ptype 1 (KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL) vno 3 etype 0x12 (AES256-SHA1) keylength 32 (0x......) The keytab is successfully created and I have checke...

Foreign key references a table in an other schema of the database
Hello, First, I wish you a happy new year ! I'm working with Oracle 9i and I have two schemas on my database. The owner of tables in the first schema is PARTERN, the other one is EXTERN. I'm trying to create a foreign key in PARTERN references a table of EXTERN but Oracle tell me tha I have not suffisant privileges. I have tried to put every privileges possible but nothing to do. Any idea ? Laurent Laurent RUHLMANN wrote: > > Hello, > > First, I wish you a happy new year ! > > I'm working with Oracle 9i and I have two schemas on my database. The owner > of tables in the first schema is PARTERN, the other one is EXTERN. > I'm trying to create a foreign key in PARTERN references a table of EXTERN > but Oracle tell me tha I have not suffisant privileges. I have tried to put > every privileges possible but nothing to do. > > Any idea ? > > Laurent Are you using Object or System priviledges? The problem you have seems to relate to object privs. (See Chapter 25 of the 9iR2 DBA manual - topic is too large to discuss here.) "Laurent RUHLMANN" <lruhlmann@ingesoft.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:btjb10$ne6$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net... > Hello, > > First, I wish you a happy new year ! > > > I'm working with Oracle 9i and I have two schemas on my database. The owner > of tables in the first schema is PARTERN, the other one is EXTERN. > I'm trying to create a for...

Erwin, fact tables and bitmap indexes on foreign keys
In general it is considered good practice to create bitmap indexes on the foreign keys of fact tables in a dimensional schema (as stated in many books and in the Oracle Datawarehousing Guide). My question is this: I'm using Erwin as a modeling tool and I couldn't find a way to tell it to use bitmap for the FK indexes. I have to delete the indexes created by default (which are B-Tree) and replace them manually with bitmap indexes. Did anybody experience the same problem? Any solutions? ...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

Warehouse design question
I think I know the answer to this question but, just in case: I have a dimensional model in a star schema with 5 dimension tables and 1 fact table. I understand (from reading Kimball) that the primary key on my fact table should consist of a composite of the primary keys on my dimension tables. But, in my case, these 5 dimension table primary keys don't describe a unique row in my table. What I originally did was add the extra 3 (!) columns that made up the alternate primary key in my production table to the 5 dimension table keys to get a primary key for the fact table. I'm not so sure that a table with a primary key of 8 columns is such a good thing though. Am I breaking any rules that really matter (or any rules at all) if keep the 5 Foreign Keys from fact to dimensions but make the primary key on the fact table from the 4 columns of my production alternate key? (This is a warehouse used by Cognos.) Sandra, Be clear about the granularity required by the users of the data. If there is a natural granularity that the current 5 dimension tables don't expose & this is not a problem for end-users then fine. There is no logical demand that the leaf level of the cube should be the row level of the fact table (even if it is in most cases). This is the purpose of drillthrough functionality. Regards, John Keeley www.johnkeeley.com svigil@coinstar.com (Sandra Vigil) wrote in message news:<5a364092.0407201437.64...

Importing a found set between tables within a served database
I'm working with 8.5 on a database that is served by a dedicated hosting company (ODItech). So, all of the users, plus myself (outside developer) access it remotely. I want to script an import of a found set from one table to another within the same database file. The only way I can figure out to specify the source file/table is by choosing it via the "remote" dialog. So this ends up specifying the path to the server as the location of the file. When I run the import, I get all records, rather than just the found set. Filemaker HELP explains that if the source...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

aklog:Key table entry not found while getting AFS tickets
I an trying to automatically obtain the AFS tokens upon login on a Mac 10.2.6 system. I have successfully configured the kerberos v5 and the OpenAFS 1.2.10 clients. I can login with kerberos and successfully verify its ticket with the klist command. I can also execute klog, obtain an AFS token and sucessfully access my AFS space. However, if I login with kerberos and try to execute "aklog", I receive the following messages: aklog: Couldn't get asu.edu AFS tickets: aklog:Key table entry not found while getting AFS tickets Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? Thanks! James ...

kinit: Key table entry not found while getting initial credentials
Hi Kerberos experts, could anyone help me in addressing this issue since I am a T-O-T-A-L newbie in Kerberos. I have to retrieve kerberos credential in Solaris 5.8 (SEAM 1.0.1) using a windows2003 Active Directory as KDC, and I am compelled to use the credential of a user different from Solaris' user. Let's say I work with user appadm on Solaris and user domuser@resource.corp in AD. AD administrator generated a keytab for my Solaris user in this way: Ktpass -princ kerberos/domuser.resource.corp@RESOURCE.CORP -mapuser domuser -pass [passwd of domuser] -out domuser.keytab and gave me the domuser.keytab file. I configured krb5.conf and stored the content of this keytab file in /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab via ktutil: ktutil: rkt domuser.keytab ktutil: l slot KVNO Principal ---- ---- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 4 kerberos/domuser.resource.corp@RESOURCE.CORP ktutil: wkt /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab ktutil: q Now I think my krb5.conf is correct since I am able to get a TGT via kinit in this way: kinit kerberos/domuser.resource.corp@RESOURCE.CORP then I enter domuser's password and with klist I can see the TGT. But I need to obtain the credentials without entering a password since the kinit command has to be put in the startup script of an application. So I tried this: appadm 99% kinit -k kerberos/domuser.resource.corp@RESOURCE.CORP kinit: Key table entry not found while getting initial credentials :-S ...nothing us...

Not grasping outer joins for ms-sqlserver :: 3 tables to join
I'm new to ms-sqlserver ( 2000 ) and need to get an OUTER JOIN working on a three table query. Assumptions: -- I have events in the Event table. -- Each event CAN have one Transaction, but it's not guaranteed -- Each transaction, ir present, will have one or more Amount records This would be the pseudo-query without any special joins: ----------------------------------------- SELECT a.Name, SUM( c.amount ) as Total FROM Event a, Transaction b, Amounts c WHERE a.EventID = b.EventID AND b.TransID = c.TransID ----------------------------------------- This is fine if there is a Transaction for the Event. But, if there's no transaction for an event, no record is pulled of course. What I need is for a record to come back for each event regardless of the presence of a Transaction. If there's no transaction, then the "Total" column should be 0. How would I get an OUTER JOIN to work on this so that each Event gets a record? TIA -BEP SELECT a.Name, SUM( isnull(c.amount,0) ) as Total FROM FROM Event a left outer join Transaction b on a.EventID = b.EventID left outer join Amounts c on b.TransID = c.TransID Appreciate it - worked great. -BEP Doug wrote: > SELECT > a.Name, > SUM( isnull(c.amount,0) ) as Total > FROM > FROM > Event a left outer join > Transaction b on a.EventID = b.EventID > left outer join > Amounts c ...

Web resources about - Member Key found in Fact Table but not in Dimension - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of spaces. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Facebook’s New Image Dimensions
An infographic from Facebook marketing expert Jon Loomer , published in January, has been rendered obsolete by the social network’s changes to ...

Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 7' to retain 6s dimensions, thinner Lightning port, lack waterproofing
The latest rumors out of East Asia seemingly confirm Apple's next-generation flagship iPhones will retain the same dimensions as their iPhone ...

Cam Newton adds new dimension to QB position, likely to add Super Bowl title to his resume
Denver has a good defense, but not great, and certainly not good enough to stop Carolina quarterback Cam Newton in the 50th Super Bowl , at Levi ...

Dimension Data Snaps up Five Global Awards at Cisco Partner Summit San Diego
Hot on the heels of last week&rsquo;s announcement that Dimension Data and Cisco have celebrated a milestone 25-year partnership, Dimension Data ...

Add new dimensions of productivity to your Mac [Deals]
Another day, another batch of new ways to trick out your Mac. From fully removing deleted apps and all their digital detritus, to creating timelapses, ...

Drunk Dude Picks Fight, Gets Drop Kicked Into Another Dimension
Drunk Dude Picks Fight, Gets Drop Kicked Into Another Dimension