Migrating From Access 2000 To SQl Server 2000

Hi,

I have developed an application using VB 6 (SP 5), MS Access 2000 and
Crystal Reports 9. I migrated from  from access to SQl Server 2000.
This wasn't a problem as i could import all the tables to SQL Server.
Also, i could make VB6 talk to SQl Server.

The problem arsies when i run my application. The sql syntax for
access seems to be different than that for SQL Server. A simple
example being: In access boolean datatype is true/false ,whereas in
SQL Server the boolean equivalent is bit (numerical 1 or 0). These
kind of issues are causing problems and most queries don't run.

Would i need to go and change all the queries in accordance  with SQl
Server syntax ,which would be very time consuming or is there any
function which will convert the access datatype into its equivalent
SQl Server datatype??

Any input/thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jatin
0
jbhatt (1)

There is a big problem with ODBC JET Linked tables when it comes to boolean
fields in Access that get turned into BIT fields in SQL Server.

Basically, JET thinks of boolean TRUE as (-1) where SQL thinks of it as (1).
The ODBC driver switches the values for you in Access, so that when you look at
the table it shows (-1)...but if you look at the table in SQL Server it says
(1).

The bottom line is that the ODBC driver does NOT understand what TRUE or FALSE
means, so the short answer is YES, you have to change all of those refrences to
(-1) or (0) respectively.

The standard, quick answer to this problem is to use a find/replace tool (in
NOTEPAD) to change all

= TRUE

= -1

and = FALSE

= 0

WARNING: This is only true for JET-based ODBC queries. If you create a view on
SQL Server, you'll have to use = 1 for TRUE!!!!

For that reason, I normally use =0 for FALSE, and <>0 for TRUE!!! That way, it
always works.

Another option is to change the BIT datatype on SQL Server to INT
(integer)...that way a (-1) WILL BE STORED by the ODBC driver, and it'll be
consistent.

Hope this helps!
0
dcmfan (81)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Problem by design
Hi. Sorry for cross posting! After I've installed MS-SQL Server 2000, I've got a problem each time I open a table, view or diagram in design, in a MS-Access project. Something like a table is popping up, but only the headline of the table, there is no name in the headline. The (ghost) table is automatic getting focus, (like a dialog box), and I can't do anything. I can close the (ghost) table using ALT-F4 combination, but it is very annoying me. I've tried to uninstall both the MS-SQL Server 2000 and MS-Access 2000, I've also tried to compact and repair the database without luck. If I connect to MS-SQL Server 7 on another computer, (same database), everything is fine. My OS is Windows XP Home edition; the MS-SQL Server 7 is running on Windows 98. Does anyone here have had the same experiences? TIA J�rn ...

Converting SQL Server 2000 query to MS Access 2000 query
Hello! I am trying to convert a query written for SQL Server 2000 database tables, to a MS Access query. Here is what I have in SQL Server: SELECT t2.*, CASE WHEN t2.QType = '3' THEN t1.Note ELSE CASE WHEN t2.QType = '2' THEN CASE WHEN CONVERT(varchar(100), t1.ANumber) = '1' THEN 'Yes' ELSE 'No' END ELSE CASE WHEN CONVERT(varchar(5), t2.Qnumber)+'.' + CONVERT(varchar(5), t1.ANumber) = t2.SubQ THEN 'Selected' ELSE 'Not Selected' END END END AS Client_Response FROM (SELECT * FROM ClientAnswer WHERE (OrganizationID = '491') AND (InstrumentId = 'CM005')) AS t1 RIGHT JOIN (SELECT Questions.InstrumentId, Questions.Qnumber, Questions.Question, Questions.QType, CASE WHEN TEMPT.A IS NULL THEN QNumber ELSE TEMPT.A END AS SubQ, CASE WHEN TEMPT.Answer IS NULL THEN Questions.Question ELSE TEMPT.Answer END AS Answer FROM Questions LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT QNumber AS Q, Answer, CONVERT(varchar(5), QNumber) + '.' + CONVERT(varchar(5), ANumber) AS A FROM Answers WHERE InstrumentId = 'CM005')) TEMPT ON Questions.Qnumber = TEMPT.Q WHERE (Questions.InstrumentId = 'CM005')) AS t2 ON t1.QNumber = CASE WHEN t2.QType <> '1' THEN t2.Subq ELSE t2.QNumber END ORDER BY subq It runs perfectly on the SQL Server, howev...

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon Hi Bon, If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars. You need to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in the sql server table. And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text fields. If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get errors after exceeding 250 cha...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

Sql Server 2000 linked server to Access 97/2000 incompatability
We are experiencing a problem with Sql Server 2000 linking to an Access 97 file. We have two machines that link to this .mdb file, and we recently upgraded one to newer hardware, SP3a, MDAC 2.8, etc. The link on this upgraded machine no longer works, giving this message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]. The link on the older machine still works. We decided to try converting a copy of the file to Access 2000 to see if the newer patches/drivers/whatever no longer supported 97. We set up a link on both machines to this file, and they both work. However, on the upgraded machine, the following error is receieved Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: System resource exceeded.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' ICommandText::Execute returned 0x80004005: ]. when making 1-3 connections to the the linked server, while the older machine supports at least 7 simultaneous queries connecting to the linked server and still hasn't produced that error. Does anyone have any idea if there is a known issue with linking to ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

MS SQL Server 2000 / MS Access
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. No idea - it depends how big the tables are, what your queries look like, how you execute your queries etc. If you're using stored procedures, for example, then I would expect MSSQL to be faster, as all the processing happens on the server, and it can use indexes, caching etc. The best way to get an answer is simply to test it yourself. Simon ...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

ODBC connection
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:23:48 +0200, "Kamyk" <marcinzmyslowski@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Hello all! > >I have such question to all of you. >I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing >query >based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than >the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked >but >imported to MS Access? > >Can you answer this question? > >Thank you in advance for posts >Marcin from Poland. > That depends on a lot of things... The most obvious thing it depends on is the size of the result set. In a client/server arrangement, you want to keep result sizes down, and do aggregation and filtering on the server. Next, how many people will be sharing the back-end data. Access slows down as soon as 2 people are sharing a JET back-end, but the server won't have this limitation. On the other hand, if the server is too slow, or you're trying to use MSDE with more users than it's optimized for, the server will be slow. There are m...

Hello all Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000? My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and as user interface such as forms. Now, I want to migrate the backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. However, I want to keep the MS Access 2000 interface. Would it be possible? If I migrate the MS Access to SQL Server, would the queries, back-end VBA, macro, tables and forms be affected? Do I need to change the MS Access data type to SQL server supported data type? Which tool I can use to do the migration? Upsizing wizard or exporting the Access database and then importing it to the SQL server? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon This is somewhat easy. Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need altering, bu I would test it first. db55 wrote: > This is somewhat easy. > > Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB > and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. > If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need > altering, bu I would test it first. > If only it were that easy :-) Bon wrote: > Hello all > > Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server > 2000? > > My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and a...

Access MS SQL Server 2000?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B4EB.13FA7080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hello Guys, How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I can use? Lennie De Villiers ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B4EB.13FA7080-- Lennie DeVilliers wrote: > Hello Guys, > > How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I > can use? > > Lennie De Villiers > > Check sqlrelay: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/ I tested it a very short time only (I think with a MS SQL 2000, not even sure;-), so I can...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

Access 2000 Linked to SQL Server 2000, openRecordset error
I'm trying to access data in vba using the openrecordset command. The data in on a SQL Server 2000 database, and I have linked tables to that data. the Table I'm trying to access is one of these linked tables, and my codes is as follows: Set vRS = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(tbl_DataCommentLog) when this line is executed I get the error: "Run-time error '3622': You must use the dbSeeChanges option with OpenRecordset when accessing a SQL Server table that has an Identity column. " so I changed my code to: Set vRS = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(vSQL, , dbseeChanges) When this is executed the following error is generated: " Run-time error '13': Type mismatch " I noticed that it didn't seem to recognise the 'dbseechanges' arguement as usual the case is correct for known expressions, yet the 's' was not captialised on the 'dbseeChanges' !!!! Please help this is driving me potty... Try Set vRS = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(vSQL, dbOpenDynaset, dbseeChanges) Assuming that vSQL is a valid SQL statement. Terry "Philippa" <philippa.speirs@systemc.com> wrote in message news:9cf39c04.0310200350.7e629291@posting.google.com... > I'm trying to access data in vba using the openrecordset command. The > data in on a SQL Server 2000 database, and I have linked tables to > that data. the Table I'm trying to access is one of these linked > tables, and my codes is as follows: > &g...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

Migration from VFP to MS SQL Server 2000
Dear Friends, I am about to migrate a Visual FoX Pro 7.0 & 5.0 databases to MS SQL Server 2000. I would like to share the experience with you, if you have undergone such a task. Is there any utility for achieving this. Any white paper or link for guidance on the same. I wannted to migrate the whole database to MS SQL Server 2000. I wanted to migrate the table structures and procedures to MS SQL Server 2000. Please shed some light please. Regards Kumar Replied in microsoft.public.sqlserver.server Please don't multi-post. -- David Portas ------------ Please reply only to the newsgroup -- ...

Re: Access MS SQL Server 2000?
Hello, Thank you! This page: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/programming/rubydbi.html Show how to use SQLRelay with Ruby. Lennie De Villiers -----Original Message----- Lennie DeVilliers wrote: > Hello Guys, > > How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I > can use? > > Lennie De Villiers > > Check sqlrelay: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/ I tested it a very short time only (I think with a MS SQL 2000, not even sure;-), so I can't say more about it. Raph ...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Restore SQL Server 6.5 database in SQL Server 2000
Hi, Do you know if it is possible to restore database (backup) from SQL Server 6.5 in SQL Server 2000? Best Regards, Wojtek -- (Remove bez.syfu get my e-mail address) ...

Performance Issues
Hi, Simple question: A customer has an application using Access 2000 frontend and SQL Server 2000 backend. Data connection is over ODBC. There are almost 250 concurrent users and is growing. Have they squeezed everything out of Access? Should the move to a VB.Net frontend taken place ages ago? Cheers Mike Hi Mike, I just completed a similar conversion if that's what you're thinking of doing. We converted 100 forms, 60 access reports and 15,000 lines of code "TO" 100 forms, 60 crystal reports, and 75,000 lines of VB.net code. It was a nightmare. We spent a good 50 percent of our time chasing down bugs in databinding itself, work arounds for tab controls that don't work, combo boxes that don't have incremental search like in access, radio and checkboxes that don't bind to database column nicely as in Access...let me see, what else sucks about .net,,,Oh, it takes freakin' forever to load a dropdown compared to access. Crystal is a pig (eg, 30 seconds of 100 percent cpu to gen one page of output). But on the bright side, mgmt is buying everyone new Pcs with a gig of main memory. I guess that's good for someone. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > Simple question: A customer has an application using Access 2000 > frontend and SQL Server 2000 backend. Data connection is over ODBC. > There are almost 250 concurrent users and is growing. Have they > squeezed everything out of Access? Should the move to a VB.Net frontend >...

Windows 2000 Server / IIS / SQL Server 2000
Hi, We are using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed. Can IIS be uninstalled without affecting SQL Server? Thank you! Mike wrote: > Hi, > > We are using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed. > Can IIS be uninstalled without affecting SQL Server? > > Thank you! Just disable it in the services (unless it's being used for .net etc) ...

Problem mit der Abfrageansicht bei Access 2000 / SQL Server 2000
Ich habe eine Datenbank die vorher komplett in Access war. Jetzt habe ich die Tabellen von Access auf SQL-Server portiert und in die Access-Datenbank als Frontend verkn�pft. Jetzt habe ich folgendes Problem: Vorher als die Tabelle noch in der Access-Datenbank war konnte ich die Tabelle (oder auch eine Abfrage darauf) �ffnen und wenn ich durch die Tabelle gescrollt habe indem ich den Scrollbalken auf der rechten bewegt habe (nicht mit dem Mausrad!) wurden w�hrend des Scrollens die Inhalte der Datens�tze in echtzeit mitbewegt. Bei der Variante wo die Tabellen jetzt auf dem SQL-Server liegen ist es nun so, dass der Inhalt der Datens�tze erst dann angezeigt wird, wenn ich mit dem Scrollbalken wieder anhalte (w�hrend des Scrollvorgangs selber wird also immer das Bild mit den Ursprungsdatens�tzen angezeigt) Hat jemand eine Idee ob es m�glich ist, die "alte" Funktionalit�t durch Einstellungen von Access oder SQL-Server wieder hin zu kriegen? Ich habe schon nach Einstellungen gesucht, die bewirken, dass man beim �ffnen sofort die ganze Tabelle geladen wird oder sowas �hnliches, aber ich hab nichts derartiges gefunden. Vielen Dank im Voraus. Matthias J�rgens ...

Problem using Access 2000 as a front-end to SQL Server 2000 tables
I've created a small company database where the tables reside in a SQL Server database. I'm using Access 2000 forms for a front end. I've got a System DSN set-up to SQL Server and am using links within Access 2000 to get to the SQL Server tables. My forms worked fine until I made a few minor changes to the database schema on SQL Server (e.g. added a foreign key, or added a column). After that, all the links break - I click on a table link and get an error msg like "invalid object name." Deleting the links after a schema change and re-adding the links seemed to fix the problem. The forms I'd already created seemed to work fine after re-creating the links. But then I got more advanced with my forms. I have it set up so that for certain entry fields, the combobox gets populated with values from a table (the description appears in the drop-down and the corresponding primary key value gets populated in the table). I created a number of forms using this technique, entered data, and everything worked fine. Made a small schema change and it broke everything -- not the actual table links, but the functionality for the drop-downs. My values no longer appeared, and this was true for forms that accessed tables whose schemas did not change. This is driving me nuts. Is there any way to keep my forms from breaking each time I make a small schema change? Thanks. - Dana HI, Have a similar setup here and found that it's just easier to have comboboxes po...

Web resources about - Migrating From Access 2000 To SQl Server 2000 - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...