move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??

Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this
topic??

I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express
locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the
tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server.

Thank you, Tom

0
tlyczko (106)

Hi Tom

If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the
scripts and run them through SQLCMD.

If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or
sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export
wizard, If SQLExpress is does not allow external connections then you will
need to push it (export) from the SQLExpress machine.

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546

John

"tlyczko" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this
> topic??
>
> I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express
> locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the
> tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server.
>
> Thank you, Tom

I should have said SS 2005 Developer, not Express, I am installing SS
2005 Dev to my workstation here.

But everything you said should work, I just have to learn how!!!!!!!!

I will read the KB article, I suppose I could learn SSIS for just
tables or queries etc., or even just re-create the queries on the SS
dev box.

Thanks a lot for answering!!

:) tom

John Bell wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the
> scripts and run them through SQLCMD.
>
> If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or
> sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export
> wizard, If SQLExpress is does not allow external connections then you will
> need to push it (export) from the SQLExpress machine.
>
> Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546
>
> John
>

> "tlyczko" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this
> > topic??
> >
> > I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express
> > locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the
> > tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server.
> >
> > Thank you, Tom

0
tlyczko (106)
9/7/2006 1:37:04 PM
tlyczko wrote:
> I should have said SS 2005 Developer, not Express, I am installing SS
> 2005 Dev to my workstation here.

I found this link, I can't remember where:

http://blogs.msdn.com/euanga/archive/2006/07/18/668916.aspx

HTH tom

0
tlyczko (106)

Copy databases from SQL 2005 server to SQL Express
Two Windows 2003 server, one with SQL 2005 server, another with SQL Express. Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Thanks. Thanks (Thanks@work.com) writes: > Two Windows 2003 server, > one with SQL 2005 server, > another with SQL Express. > > Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Yes, but I don't think you can use the Copy Database Wizard, but you will have to do it by hand. Which is not very difficult anyway. On source machine backup database, and make note of the logical filenames. (You see these with sp_helpdb). On target machine to do: RESTORE db FROM DISK = 'pathgoeshere' WITH MOVE 'logicalfilename1' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\db.mdf', WITH MOVE 'logicalfilename2' TO TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\db.ldf', REPLACE I've used MSSQL.2 for the target, but you use the number for your Express instance. You find out which is which by looking around in the directories. This does not migrate logins, and mappings user and logins are likely to be out of whack. You can use sp_change_users_login to fix. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

Transfering data from SQL Server Standard to SQL Server Express
Hello folks, Are there any tools that can transfer database and it's content from SQL Server Standard version to SQL Server Express database? I tried to backup database in SQL Server Standard and then restore it into SQL Server Express but it didn't work. Are there any tools that can extract SQL clauses to create database, tables and data inserts into file? Or any other method to transfer database/ data from SQL Server Standard to SQL Server Express? Cheers, (tapsavirtanen@yahoo.com) writes: > I tried to backup database in SQL Server Standard and then restore it > into SQL Server Express but it didn't work. It should work. What happened? Did you get an error message? > Are there any tools that can extract SQL clauses to create database, > tables and data inserts into file? Or any other method to transfer > database/ data from SQL Server Standard to SQL Server Express? The Database Publish Wizard can be a choice. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=56E5B1C5-BF17-42E0- A410-371A838E570A&displaylang=en -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

Transfer Database from one Pervasive SQL 2000i server to Another Pervasive SQL 2000i Server
Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. Please advice ASAP Thanks Sajid Saeed Simply copy the files from one server to the other. Sajid Saeed wrote: > Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL > 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. > > Please advice ASAP > > Thanks > > Sajid Saeed If you are just wanting the whole database from one server on another copy the files over. May need to set up an engine DSN on the new server for SQL/ODBC acce...

Copy database from AS/400 DB2 TO MS SQL Server
I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. <ramkumar.nv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143785543.497908.302390@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database > to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables > and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. > Generate a build script for the database using op manager. Don't use the DB2 extensions - just plain ANSI. Then, wit...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

Copying SQL Server databases
I'm responsible for an MS Access system for medical research. Researchers use laptops to record information in the field, which is then transferred via data stick to a server. Per the terms of the grant that pays for the system, and also by the manager's preference, for security's sake all computers used in the process are non-networked. Therefore the transfer has to take place via physical media. Access security has now been cracked by utilities that are publicly available. We would like to move the data to SQL Server. My question is, how difficult is it to copy a SQL Server database to external media? It's not a large application. However, I would think that the database itself would have to be copied in order to maintain security in each step of the transfer. Thanks for your help. (I'm also looking for suggestions on SQL Server books). On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:28:13 -0700 (PDT), brucedodds@comcast.net wrote: Peculiar security requirements, but let's set that aside. You can write a very simple script to backup a SQL Server database, and copy that backup to the data stick. For example osql.exe can execute the BACKUP command. -Tom. >I'm responsible for an MS Access system for medical research. >Researchers use laptops to record information in the field, which is >then transferred via data stick to a server. > >Per the terms of the grant that pays for the system, and also by the >manager's preference, for security&#...

File Server Database Apps and SQL Server?
Like a lot of database developers, I often choose Jet for the back- end. I'm starting to worry about what will happen when Jet is deprecated. Ostensibly, Jet users like me must switch to SQL Server (or MSDE / SQL Express), but there's something I just don't understand. Without Jet, how will we create file server database applications? In other words, how will we create multi-user apps which use a file server to share data and don't require a database server? I've seen many discussions of Access vs. SQL Server, but I've never seen this question addressed head-on. I can speculate on three possible answers, but I'm not sure which one Microsoft intends: In a Jet-less world, 1) there will be no file server database apps, only database server apps. 2) there will be file server apps implemented somehow with SQL Server. 3) there will be file server apps, but Microsoft will cede this niche to its competitors; thus, we will use neither Jet nor SQL Server, but some other product, to implement them. If anyone knows where things are going, I'd be grateful if you share your understanding. -TC TC wrote: > Like a lot of database developers, I often choose Jet for the back- > end. I'm starting to worry about what will happen when Jet is > deprecated. Ostensibly, Jet users like me must switch to SQL Server > (or MSDE / SQL Express), but there's something I just don't > understand. > > Without Jet, how will we create file s...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

SQL Server
Can someone recommend a utility (preferably open-source) to synchronize changes across servers? I need to bring only data over in some cases, and only objects in other cases. Any ideas? Thx! javelin (google.1.jvmail@spamgourmet.com) writes: > Can someone recommend a utility (preferably open-source) to > synchronize changes across servers? I need to bring only data over in > some cases, and only objects in other cases. Any ideas? Have you looked at replicatoin that comes with SQL Servers? The tools from Red Gate are popular, although they are not open source. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Mar 26, 5:49 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > javelin (google.1.jvm...@spamgourmet.com) writes: > > Can someone recommend a utility (preferably open-source) to > > synchronize changes across servers? I need to bring only data over in > > some cases, and only objects in other cases. Any ideas? > > Have you looked at replicatoin that comes with SQL Servers? > > The tools from Red Gate are popular, although they are not open source. > > -- > Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se > > Books Online for SQL Server 2005 athttp://www.microsoft.com/tec...

SQL server replication from non-clustered database servers
Hello, Being a bit of a SQL Server novice, need some advice with the following situation. Server A and Server B have SQLServer 2000 based databases. The vendor of the application/system has implemented their own replication process to ensure the 2 databases are in sync. However, there is no clustering with virtual IP addresses implemented. So to an external client/db, it is 2 identical databases with the same name on 2 distinct servers. We need to develop an application that will reside on a networked server C and with SQLServer 2000 as well. While most of the tables in this database are self contained, around 10 tables will have to be mirror copies of the same tables from either Server A or Server B. Question, how do we implement subscription based replication on top of a redundant database, when no clustering is implemented? So, in essence, when Server A is alive, the database on Server C will periodically (or on change) replicate the 10 tables from Server A. When Server A is not alive, it needs to do same from server B. (When both server A and B are alive, it is acceptable to get data from either, since they are synchronized internally). Any alternate suggestions on achieving this functionality are welcome too. If SQL Server 2005 has some capabilities that may address this problem, that is a consideration as well. Thanks Pls take a look at Alternate Synchronization Partners in merge replication. On SQL Server 2005 you might consider peer-to-peer transactional repl...

Moving SQL Server 2005 databases
What is the easiest way to move SQL Server 2005 databases from one old server to a new server? (bob66k88@gmail.com) writes: > What is the easiest way to move SQL Server 2005 databases from one old > server to a new server? Personally I prefer BACKUP/RESTORE. This does not carry on logins, you need to transfer them separately, and you will need to remap users to logins on the new server. Then again, if the logins do not exist on the new server you can create them with help of the WITH SID option. You can also use the Copy Database Wizard, using the attach and detach method. Note that it will take the database on the source server offline while it copies the files. It also requires access to the disks of the new and old server, to copy files. CDW will migrate logins for you. CDW also offers the SMO method, where it copies the database by scripting and bulking. But don't use this method, it's very unreliable, and may not copy everything. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

Can SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 be installed on same machine?
I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine without conflicts? As in two different instances? John Dalberg John Dalberg <john_dd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<tpnme2253onv.6h4z5zpbsegl.dlg@40tude.net>... > I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server > 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine > without conflicts? As in two different instances? > > John Dalberg From what I understand of the...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

copy a database from one SQL server to another.
Hello: I'm new in the SQL server world. But I need to copy one SQL database on machineA to machineB. By looking at the tool bar, I think export will do the job for me, is anybody can provide the detail info? DO I need to create an empty database on MachineB first, any documentation repository I can read and learn? Thank you so much! Sincerely, QG Three different approaches can be found in the following links: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q304692 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q224071 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

OT: Copying a SQL Server database to MSDE
A potential client has asked us to look at modifying his current system that uses SQL Server for its database. Ideally I'd like to take a copy of his production database and load it into MSDE on one of our machines so we can have a look at it. I have downloaded a copy of Geoff SQLMaster that looks as though it will do everything and more that I need with MSDE. Unfortunately I am forbidden to load it onto the production server at this stage. What do I need to do with a live database to take a copy that can be loaded into MSDE? Sorry to be so clueless but there is a first ti...

SQL Server 2008 Express: Database Diagrams
I am studying "Beginning SQL Server 2008 Express for Developers From Novice to Professional" by Robin Dewson. On pages 191 to 198, it deals with database diagrams. Following the instructions for creating one did not work. I expanded the Database Diagrams node for the database that is being developed (the one the is developed through the book). I get a dialog box of "This database does not have one ore more of the support objects required to use database diagramming. Do you wish to create them?" So far, so good. I answer Yes as I am supposed to, and then there is supposed to be an Add Table dialog box and on it should go. Instead, there is nothing. The Database Diagrams node is expanded as empty (so that the square with the plus sign in it is gone and there are no child items), but there is no dialog box, and no diagram. When I installed SQL Server 2008 Express, I specified a *full* installation and it did succeed. How do I get database diagramming to work? Sincerely, Gene Wirchenko On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:09:01 -0800, Gene Wirchenko <genew@ocis.net> wrote: > I am studying "Beginning SQL Server 2008 Express for Developers >From Novice to Professional" by Robin Dewson. On pages 191 to 198, it >deals with database diagrams. Following the instructions for creating >one did not work. > > I expanded the Database Diagrams node for the database that is >being developed (the one t...

How to deploy a database on SQL Server Express 2005
Hello Hopefully a really simple question. We have just finsihed a SQL 2005 database and vb.net app. We have been using SQL server 2005 Management Studio during design. We now want to copy the database across to a machine that has only got SQL server 2005 Express. How do I do that ( I want the structure created and tables created and data inserted on the target machine) Thanks for your help. KB KB *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Backup and restore is the best option to copy the database. Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Downloading "Database Publishing Wizard" might also be an option. As indicated in its documentation, it is made available for remote deployment scenarios. ...

How to find SQL Servers & Databases in Each server using BATCH File?
Hi, I need help from you... I want to find SQL Servers which are available in Network and Databases in Each Server Using Batch file. If i run this Batch file it should find SQL Servers & Databases in each server and out put should send to txt file... Is it possible to do this using Batch file??? if possible hw can i??? Plz send me details hw to do... Thanx in Advance, Regards, Raghu Tumma... Mail to: raghutumma@gmail.com ...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Web resources about - move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard?? - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Leader Standard
Former England striker Beattie, a former team-mate of Monk's at Southampton, was appointed first-team coach this summer, with his prime responsibility ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Standard Of Review: On ‘Better Call Saul,’ A Man Got To Have A Code
Minor criticisms aside, culture critic Harry Graff is enjoying this season of the show and looks forward to where it goes with two key characters. ...

10 more OEMs pledge to make auto-braking standard in new cars
(credit: Ford) The number of car makers committed to making automatic emergency braking (AEB) a standard feature on all new cars has doubled ...

2016 Mazda CX-9 starts at $32,420 with standard turbo engine
Filed under: Mazda , Crossover The 2016 Mazda CX-9 starts at $32,420. That's just a little bit higher than its competitors and quite a bit more ...