MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server.

My regards for all on this NG!

My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases
and systems that use SQLServer 7.0
I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run
with no problems into Windows 2003 Server.

Thanks a lot!!

Lucio

0
lucio5978 (5)

Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes:
> My regards for all on this NG!
>
> My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases
> and systems that use SQLServer 7.0
> I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run
> with no problems into Windows 2003 Server.

Microsoft does not support SQL 7.0 on Windows 2003. See further
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810391.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at

esquel (7068)
8/28/2005 10:19:43 PM
Thanks a lot for your response.
We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine.

Best Regards...

0
lucio5978 (5)
8/30/2005 1:22:01 PM
Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes:
> Thanks a lot for your response.
> We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine.

Be sure to apply SP3, as this is required for Windows 2003.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at

esquel (7068)

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention t...

Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server
How do I do this when my instalation cd is an old veriosn with no SP�s? Win 2003 requires MS SQL 2000 SP3 sp what do I do??? Regards Anders > When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the > end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3 > immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the > microsoft web site. Actually not. It says: Ms SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Ediditon server componenet is not supportet on this operating system. Only client componentes will be avaible for instalation. I juts read that bef...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

trouble getting a connection from MS SQL Server 2000 database server from WSAD
Hi , I have java servlet that creates a connection from connection pool . and I am getting the following errror.I am working on WSAD 4.x. I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver Implementation class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource and provided all the required jar files located at. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib.also i have given the resoure properties. WebSphere DataSource:CMProperties for DataSource "MSSQLServerConDev" DataSource Properties [com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSou...

MS SQL Reporting Service in Windows 2003 Server
Hi, I tried to Develop one Report in SQL Reporting Service. I have installed SQL Reporting Serivice in Windows 2003 machine. SQL Server Database is in another machine, running on Windows 2000. I developed and deployed the report and all went fine. When I tried to see the report through the Report Service Manager Web Page it is comming properly. But When I tried to See the report in another web page, I'm not able to see the images. But the Data is getting Displayed and only Image is not comming. When I exported the report to Excel, the Image is comming over there. I am using Repor...

SQL Server memory settings in SQL Server 7.0
Hi, i set my memory settings in the sql Server properties 2 "use fixed memory size (MB)" to 704MB nevertheless i find the following eventlog error upon starting my sql Server: 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 1168704 KB. which i dont understand as my understanding was that i assinged 704 MB of memory 2 sql Server. Am not 2 familiar with SQL Server so i apologize again if this is a trivial question. ...

MS SQL Server 7.0 DB Error #3121
Hi, Does anyone know how to correct the following error message that is causing an application to fail: Error is DB Error 80040e31 ODBC Driver Error #3121 Timeout Expired There are some troubleshooting tips as well that address pooling configuration issues. I see others have said it is a query that is failing to execute within a specific time. Any ideas how to debug this? Thanks Cynthia You can use sql-profiler to monitor your server activity and see which statement "hangs" Or you can trace the application itself (provided you have the source code�) If everything is OK but slow...

Paradox 8, MS SQL 2000 and Windows Server 2003
We have a vendor that is using Paradox 8 to access a MS SQL 2000 database on a server that we just migrated to Windows Server 2003 (from Wiindows 2000 Server). We have started to get the following error periodically on the local workstation while using their program: "An Error was triggered in the "nrecords" method on an object of TCursor Type" "TCursor not opened" "Database connection appears to be unstable" My question is: is Paradox 8 compatible with Server 2003? We only started to get these errors after the migration to Server 2003. ...

MS SQL Server 7.0 DB Error #3121 #2
Hi, Does anyone know how to correct the following error message that is causing an application to fail: Error is DB Error 80040e31 ODBC Driver Error #3121 Timeout Expired There are some troubleshooting tips as well that address pooling configuration issues. I see others have said it is a query that is failing to execute within a specific time. Any ideas how to debug this? Thanks Cynthia "Cynthia" <clangev@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:da0df555.0407220721.63e2c51e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know how to correct the following error message that ...

Can SQL Server 7.0 handle a SQL Server 2000 mdf?
I've got MSDE, SQL Server 7.0, installed. I want to handle an .mdf developed by someone else so I loaded the .mdf into my /DATA folder. But, MSDE/ODBC can't see the database. I subsequently discovered that it was created using SQL Server 2000. Is this the reason that my MSDE 7.0 doesn't see the .mdf? If so, how can I use this database with my 7.0? Backup from 2000, restore to 7.0? Thanks for any help. Mike Watson (mike@connectingsoftware.it) writes: > I've got MSDE, SQL Server 7.0, installed. I want to handle an .mdf > developed by someone else so I loaded the .mdf into...

Web resources about - MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server. - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

The Windows Blog

Ready or not, here comes Windows 10
With about six months left on Microsoft's free Windows 10 upgrade promotion, Redmond is stepping up its efforts to get Windows 7 and Windows ...

Windows 10 is extremely popular among gamers
Windows 10 appears to be making good progress as, in January, it overtook Windows 8.1 in terms of usage share. Its lead varies, but no matter ...

Windows 10 becomes an automatic download, even if you don’t want the upgrade
Microsoft will start forcing Windows 10 updates on machines that are eligible for the free upgrade as soon as this week. And you won’t be able ...

Microsoft is about to start automatically downloading Windows 10 onto PCs
Microsoft has made Windows 10, the newest version of the operating system, a "recommended update," meaning that it will automatically download ...

Windows 10 creeps even closer to landing on your PC
Microsoft makes a status change that has implications for all you Windows 7 and 8.1 users.

Microsoft Makes Good On Plan To Push Windows 10 Upgrades More Aggressively
Last October, Microsoft told Windows 7 and 8 users that it was only a matter of time before they’d be pushed a bit more aggressively to upgrade ...

How to maximize your El Capitan windows without going full screen
It used to be that if you wanted to zoom any window on your Mac to see as much of the content inside it as possible, you’d hit OS X’s green button ...