Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003

Hi,

Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003,
SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration :

SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance

and

SQL server 2000 as a named instance.

Thanks for your answer.
0
g.carali (1)

riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes:
> Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003,
> SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration :
>
> SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance
>
> and
>
> SQL server 2000 as a named instance.

If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really
expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't know
for sure. If it installs, it may still noe be supported.

For SQL 2000 you need SP3 to run on Win 2003. That I know.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
esquel (7068)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server.
My regards for all on this NG! My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Thanks a lot!! Lucio Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > My regards for all on this NG! > > My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases > and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 > I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run > with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Microsoft does not support SQL 7.0 on Windows 2003. See further http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810391. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp Thanks a lot for your response. We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine. Best Regards... Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > Thanks a lot for your response. > We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine. Be sure to apply SP3, as this is required for Windows 2003. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp ...

Can SQL Server 7.0 handle a SQL Server 2000 mdf?
I've got MSDE, SQL Server 7.0, installed. I want to handle an .mdf developed by someone else so I loaded the .mdf into my /DATA folder. But, MSDE/ODBC can't see the database. I subsequently discovered that it was created using SQL Server 2000. Is this the reason that my MSDE 7.0 doesn't see the .mdf? If so, how can I use this database with my 7.0? Backup from 2000, restore to 7.0? Thanks for any help. Mike Watson (mike@connectingsoftware.it) writes: > I've got MSDE, SQL Server 7.0, installed. I want to handle an .mdf > developed by someone else so I loaded the .mdf into my /DATA folder. > But, MSDE/ODBC can't see the database. I subsequently discovered that > it was created using SQL Server 2000. Is this the reason that my MSDE > 7.0 doesn't see the .mdf? If so, how can I use this database with my > 7.0? Backup from 2000, restore to 7.0? Well, there's actually two problems here. The fact that MSDE/ODBC can't see the database has nothing to do with the versions of SQL Server. Putting a file into your data directory has no effect. You would have to do sp_attach_db to make the database available. And for sp_attach_db the .mdf is not sufficient; you would need the log file too. There is sp_attach_single_file_db for this situation, but the database must have been shut down cleanly for this. (Well, this applies to sp_attach_db as well as I recall.) But for all this to work, the target server must be the same version or later t...

SQL Server 2000 + 2005 working on same windows 2003 server as seperate instances
Hi all, I just asked some people to help me out and phone microsoft with the following information, kindly they refused unless we setup a support contract with them first, for pre-sales information. (That really does not sound like good business sense to me - anyway here is our problem, if anyone could help thanks). "To tell and ask microsoft: We will be setting up a microsoft sql server 2000 instance running on a windows 2003 server. 1) We need to check this can run alongside a microsoft 2003 sql server (either workgroup or standard edition), on the same machine. Are there any .dll clashes if we do this? If there are can we run SQL Server 2000, in a virtual machine running windows 2000 professional. (I have a licenced copy we can use for this). 2) If we run one instance of 2000, and one of 2003 of the sql servers, can one use the processor licence model, and one use the CAL licence model." Thanks for any help, and any idea why they actually force you to use news groups for pre-sales information? David David wrote: > Hi all, > > I just asked some people to help me out and phone microsoft with the > following information, kindly they refused unless we setup a support > contract with them first, for pre-sales information. (That really does > not sound like good business sense to me - anyway here is our problem, > if anyone could help thanks). > > "To tell and ask microsoft: > > We will be setting up a microsoft sql server...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003
I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works. Can anybody help? df (df@df.com) writes: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this > SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the > databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my > applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases > visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in > Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. I have no idea, but my guess is that you registered as a user that does not have permission to these databases, and not as a user that has admin priviledges. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp df wrote: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL > server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in > the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work &g...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server
How do I do this when my instalation cd is an old veriosn with no SP�s? Win 2003 requires MS SQL 2000 SP3 sp what do I do??? Regards Anders > When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the > end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3 > immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the > microsoft web site. Actually not. It says: Ms SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Ediditon server componenet is not supportet on this operating system. Only client componentes will be avaible for instalation. I juts read that bef...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

Windows 2000 Server / IIS / SQL Server 2000
Hi, We are using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed. Can IIS be uninstalled without affecting SQL Server? Thank you! Mike wrote: > Hi, > > We are using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed. > Can IIS be uninstalled without affecting SQL Server? > > Thank you! Just disable it in the services (unless it's being used for .net etc) ...

To have SQL Server 2000 + 2005 working on a single windows 2003 server
hi all. Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have=B4nt conflict ? If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what prevention will do? Thank you for you help. Bye. Am Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:28:43 -0700 schrieb fhernandezve@gmail.com: > hi all. > > Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server > WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have�nt conflict ? > > If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what > prevention will do? > > Thank you for you help. > > Bye. Yes, i have SQL2000 and SQL2005 on the same server without problems. Installed 2000 first and 2005 second. Take care that instance names are different, you can't use the same instance name in 2000 and in 2005. bye, Helmut ...

Progress OpenEdge and SQL Server 2000 Standard on Windows 2003 Server Standard
We are having some performance issues with an application that is running on Progress OpenEdge and SQL Server. The application is written in Progress OpenEdge, but the actual data itself is being stored in SQL Server. Unfortunately, the software vendor suggests that both databases reside on one server. As a result, we appear to be running into memory contention issues, and are trying to determine the least cost solution to increase performance. Here is a quick breakdown of what we currently have: Progress OpenEdge SQL Server 2000 Standard Windows 2000 Server Standard 4GB Memory Dual 3.4 Ghz Xeon Processors RAID 10 Disk Array The Progress App Servers grow in size, we have fixed SQL Server to 1.3 GB of memory. My understanding is that if we don't do this, SQL Server will grab the full two megs of memory. Since the Dell RAID automatically takes 750 meg, that leaves a whopping 1.25 GB for the OS and Progress OpenEdge. Progress OpenEdge is currently using around 1.25 GB itself. So, the question is, based on the hardware and software I have, what is the least expensive route to get more memory? I was considering Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, but I'm not sure how SQL Server 2000 and Progress OpenEdge will run on it. I could go Windows 2000 Server Enterprise, but it seems a waste to spend that kind of money on a soon- to-be obsolete OS. Upgrading the SQL Server 2003/5 is a costly option, plus the vendor does not officially supp...

Help! SQL Server error
Dear all, On Win2000 server with SP3, I am trying to access a SQL Server 7.0 database, "TestDB", from VB6 via a SQL Server ODBC system DSN using ADO 2.7. In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, there is a login named "Tester". In its property window, NO "Server Roles" was assigned but its "Database Access" was set to "TestDB". This login was also made as the user of "TestDB" with "public", "db_datareader" and "db_datawriter" selected as its "Database role membership". All the tables I am trying to access in "TestDB" were created under "Tester". My code is like: Set conn = New ADODB.Connection conn.Open "DSN=TestDSN;UID=Tester;PWD=test" Set cmd = New ADODB.Command cmd.ActiveConnection = conn cmd.CommandText = SQL set rs = cmd.Execute() If I set the SQL to something like "SELECT * FROM tbl_test", I always get an error of "-2147217865" saying "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid object name tbl_test". If I set the SQL to "SELECT * FROM Tester.tbl_test", everything runs properly. Could anyone please kindly advise why the first SQL is not working? Or in other words, why must I prefix the table name with its owner while the DB connection is already made under that owner name? Thanks in advance. Tracy I likely cause is that your ODBC DSN is setup for integrated security instead of SQL authent...

Explicitly fail a SQL Server Job in SQL Server 2000
I have a SQL Server job, which runs mutiple steps. One of the steps (step 3) looks for a record in the database. How can I explicitly fail the SQL server job if the database record does not exist? You can use RAISERROR with a severity level of 11 or higher to indicate failure. Simon Thanks Simon. That worked. ...

Need your expertise in SQL Server and Windows Server 2003
Ei guys I�m Ryan from Philippines, I need your advice and recommendations about Windows 2003 Server and SQL Server 2000 installation. Well, here�s the scenario. First is for windows 2003 server: We have a windows 2003 server that is a Logon Server and we have at least 90 workstation here in our office to manage. The problem is when we connect to this logon server. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to connect the workstation to the server. My guess is the specs of the logon server. This is the Specs: An IBM computer with a pentium IV 3.0GHz processor, 512MB memory and a 40Gig Harddisk. Well, is that enough to be a logon server? What is the minimum requirements? Second, SQL Server: My boss wants me to setup a SQL Server in a Dell computer with 2.8GHz, a 512mb of memory and a 80Gig Harddisk. My question is also the same, Is it enough requirement? And another thing, my boss wants me to install a SQL Server right? Well he said that I should install it in the two partition, that�s Partition C: and D: (of course this is a dual OS of both Server 2003), so that�s two SQL server in one harddisk. His Strategy is to backup the database from C to D and if in case the server in C: went down then the other SQL (which is in D: drive) will start its operation. Is this the right thing to do for SQL server, I mean is this the proper way of doing things in SQL Server Administration? Is there any complications on this? Please guys, I need your advice and expertise about this incident. Thanks in Adva...

Installing sql server 2000 on windows server 2008
We are migrating a windows 2003 server machine to windows server 2008. Can we still use sql server 2000 on it? I know it is unsupported, but sql 2000 is doing fine right now and don't want to spend the extra cash ...

SQL Server 2000 Failover Cluster upgrade to SQL Server 2005
I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) database that it finds on the server. When I ckeck the install details it tells me that "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found appear to apply. Any ideas? -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) > to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the > installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) > database that it finds on the server. > > When I ckeck the install details it tells me that > "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" > > I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found > appear to apply. > > Any ideas? Exactly when do you get this error? And do you have a cluster in the first place? I have not run that many upgrades (if any at all) to SQL 2005, but do you really select which *database* to upgrade? The upgrade is per instance, as far as I know. In any case, it may be simpler to install a new server instance rather than upgrading, not the least on a cluster. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: h...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine.
I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine. Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. Thanks in Advance! gdev (paul.afamdi.okeke@gmail.com) writes: > I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL > Server on another machine. > > Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far > I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. There are plenty of examples in the topic for sp_addlinkedserver. In many cases, it is as simple as: exec sp_addlinkedserver THATSERVEROVERHERE exec sp_serverioption THATSERVEROVERTHERE, 'data access', true Authentication does not always work though, and in this case sp_addlinkedsrvlogin comes to the rescue. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

A server for SQL Server
We are considering migrating our Access backend to SQL Server or something similar. I am hearing rumors that our server will have to be a really expensive, beefed-up version. Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks, Hank Reed No, because it's bogus. You can run SQL Server on some *very* minimal equipment, but remember that you get what you pay for. Running SQL on a under-powered machine works, but you loose time as the employees wait for it to respond. Think of it as owning a high performance car (Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) as your desktop machine. It will seem like quite a waste if the only place you have to run it (the server) is on city streets. Likewise your network is also an issue. If you network can't handle the load.... Basically, you want your server to be faster then the client PCs, however you also should remember that you also want to transfer as much processing as you can from the Access application to the SQL Server to take advantage of the reduced network load and speed of a SQL Server. As such, and if you transfer the queries to the SQL Server, the Server machine doesn't have to be anywhere as "powerful" as the client machines hooked up to it. 3 or 4 systems back seems to be a good "rule of thumb" when looking at a machine to run SQL Server. The number of transactions and users who need to access the machine can change that upwards however. Or downwards, if only a couple of people need it. On 28 Jul...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Can Analysis Server and Report Server run on SQL Server 2000 Cluster
I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on SQL Server 2000 before. Now I have been asked to install these on a failover Cluster we have. Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. When I ran the install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. After it said it successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow problem. Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)? -- Mark D Powell -- On Aug 10, 2:57=A0pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow...@eds.com> wrote: > I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on > SQL Server 2000 before. =A0Now I have been asked to install these on a > failover Cluster we have. > > Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our > network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. =A0When I ran the > install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it > recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. =A0After it said it > successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow > problem. > > Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)? > > -- Mark D Powell -- I had found a document that said RS 2000 can run on a cluster but what the document had not made clear is that while the RS 2000 database can be on a cluster that RS its...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpress is does not allow external connections then you will need to push it (export) from the SQLExpress machine. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546 John "tlyczko" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157561832.911996.148780@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this > topic?? > > I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express > locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the > tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. > > Thank you, Tom > I should have said SS 2005 Developer, not Express, I am installing SS 2005 Dev to my workstation here. But everything you said should work, I just have to learn how!!!!!!!! I will read the KB article, I suppose I could learn SSIS for just tables ...

SQL Server 2005 + SQL Server Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 installed on my dev system. I am working on an app that i would like to distribute SQL Server with. SQL Server EXpress edition seem to be ideal for this. My questions are: -If i installed Express Edition, Can both SQL Server 2005 and Express Edition coincide peacefully on the same PC? -Which one will Visual Studio see? (currently i created by database using VS, which i assumed created a SQL Server 2005 database, since that is the sql server i have installed). -When VS2005 is installed, which SQL Server is installed and how can i tell which one VS2005 is using if i have both SQL servers (2005 and Express) installed? thanks much farseer (farseer@optonline.net) writes: > -If i installed Express Edition, Can both SQL Server 2005 and Express > Edition coincide peacefully on the same PC? Yes. SQL Server permits multiple instances being installed on the same server, and this can be multiple instance of Express Edition, multiple instance of, say, Enterprise Edition, or any mix thereof. Furthermore, to prevent collisions, SQL Express installs by default as a named instance, \SQLEXPRESS whereas other editions of SQL Server by default installs as default instances, which do not have any extra name, > -Which one will Visual Studio see? The one you point it to. I assume here that you mean the database that you connect to for development purposes. Some parts of VS like the compoent in Team System for Database development uses the Express ...

Web resources about - Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003 - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Multiple shooting in Pittsburgh, suspects still at large - AdelaideNow Search Search
POLICE are hunting two suspects after at least five people were killed and several more wounded in a multiple shooting at a backyard party in ...

Multiple shooting in Pittsburgh, suspects still at large - The Courier-Mail Search Search
POLICE are hunting two suspects after at least five people were killed and several more wounded in a multiple shooting at a backyard party in ...

Multiple shooting in Pittsburgh, suspects still at large - PerthNow Search Search
POLICE are hunting two suspects after at least five people were killed and several more wounded in a multiple shooting at a backyard party in ...

Five-car pile-up leaves multiple people in hospital
Five people were taken to hospital&nbsp;following a five car pile up in Canley Vale in Sydney's west on Thursday.

Newly released multiple angle video and photos show Google’s self-driving car accident [Video]
A new video with multiple angles and new pictures of the Google’s self-driving car hitting a bus last week and its aftermath have been released ...

Medical examiner: Katy teen died from multiple gunshot wounds - abc13.com
Authorities say they have identified the body found in west Houston earlier this week as missing Katy teenager Adriana Coronado.

Choetech 6 port USB charger: The quick way to charge multiple devices
Having multiple mobile devices is great. Charging them? Not so much. If you need to top the battery on a few smartphones and tablets at the same ...

Cruz Finance Team Member Had Multiple Conflicts Of Interest In 1980s Loan Scandal
Cruz Finance Team Member Had Multiple Conflicts Of Interest In 1980s Loan Scandal