Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi

Hello,
the following problem:

I use Delphi 6 to access a MS Access Database.
In short, the Delphi Code looks like this:

               ADOConnection1.Open;
               ADOQuery1.Close;
               ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE
value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3]);

               ADOQuery1.Open;

  Label5.Caption:=3DADOQuery1.Fiel=ADdByName('value4').AsString;

Now I only want to select these rows, where the Integer value3 ends on
1=2E   So I need the Modulo-Function.  I found in the Internet these two
functions:
MOD(x,y) und x % y
But I get an error if I want to use one.

For example, If I change

               ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE
value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3])+' AND MOD(value3,10) =3D 1;

Delphi shows me a Syntax Error in this statement.

Thx for help!

Sorry, there is a ' missing in the code. But it has nothin to do with
the problem:

The first code runs perfectly, but If I insert
AND MOD(20,10) = 0    there is the syntax error again.

On 23 Aug 2005 11:51:15 -0700, sarah18web wrote:

> Sorry, there is a ' missing in the code. But it has nothin to do with
> the problem:
>
> The first code runs perfectly, but If I insert
> AND MOD(20,10) = 0    there is the syntax error again.

Don't know what it might have to do with Delphi; but MOD() is not a
function supported by SQL server. Only the % operator works.
0
rpresser1 (53)

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Hello all Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000? My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and as user interface such as forms. Now, I want to migrate the backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. However, I want to keep the MS Access 2000 interface. Would it be possible? If I migrate the MS Access to SQL Server, would the queries, back-end VBA, macro, tables and forms be affected? Do I need to change the MS Access data type to SQL server supported data type? Which tool I can use to do the migration? Upsizing wizard or exporting the Access database and then importing it to the SQL server? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon This is somewhat easy. Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need altering, bu I would test it first. db55 wrote: > This is somewhat easy. > > Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB > and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. > If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need > altering, bu I would test it first. > If only it were that easy :-) Bon wrote: > Hello all > > Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server > 2000? > > My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and a...

Ms. Access database problem
Hello, I have a MS. Access database in XP. When I open the database in design view, users will get an error message & cannot even open the database. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks for your help in advance. Orchid What error message? Did you try the standard compact/repair routine? Thanks for your reply! The error message is: "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'Name' that prevents it from being opened or locked." Yeah, I tried the standard compact/repair routine, (which is under Tool, Database Utilities, Compact and Repair Database...)but still got the same error message. "Orchid" <yhtong86@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1112194542.469115.105910@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>... > Thanks for your reply! > The error message is: "The database has been placed in a state by user > 'Admin' on machine 'Name' that prevents it from being opened or > locked." > > Yeah, I tried the standard compact/repair routine, (which is under > Tool, Database Utilities, Compact and Repair Database...)but still got > the same error message. try deleting the *.ldb file on the machine that has it opened or locked. Orchid wrote: > Hello, > I have a MS. Access database in XP. When I open the database in design > view, users will get an error message & cannot even open the database. > Is there any way to solve this problem?...

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

MS-Access Database via Perl
I'm new to Perl, but not new to Access. I want to hit an Access db with a perl script, and I am looking for good online resources, can anyone help me out? Thanks, Pat On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:20:41 -0800, skeize@gmail.com wrote: > I'm new to Perl, but not new to Access. I want to hit an Access db > with a perl script, and I am looking for good online resources, can > anyone help me out? > Sorry - I don't have an online resource, but I'm curious - are you running the perl on win32 or a *NIX box? > Thanks, > Pat On 29 Nov 2004 17:20:41 -0800, skeize@gmail.com (skeize@gmail.com) wrote: >I'm new to Perl, but not new to Access. I want to hit an Access db >with a perl script, and I am looking for good online resources, can >anyone help me out? > >Thanks, >Pat Hi Client, or web back end? Here are a couple of random refs from a Google search on "using perl access" General: How to duplicate VBA code in Perl using OLE www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0022.htm querying access db using perl forums.devshed.com/archive/t-135581 - David ...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

left() and right() function in MS SQL vs MS ACCESS
I normally use MS ACCESS vs MS SQL,, which has a left() and right() function. I need to use MS SQL for this project but I am not familiar with it. I have read a few books, but can not figure out how to do this. Please help. If I need to compare the first 4 letters of a field, with the first four letters of another field, how can I do this? Select field1, field2 FROM table1 Where left(field1,4)=left(field2,4) (MS SQL does not have left() and right() functions) Please help. In addition, I have a CSV file with data like 10.20, which I import inrto a numberic field. Unforunately the value gets changed to 10. It's seems to get rounded. How can I fix this. The import SQL I use is.... BULK INSERT dbo.table FROM 'c:\MYDATA.CSV WITH ( FIRSTROW = 1, FIELDTERMINATOR = ',', ROWTERMINATOR = '\n' ) Thank you in advance!!! On 29 Jun 2006 11:40:22 -0700, "sql guy123" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote: >Select field1, field2 FROM table1 Where left(field1,4)=left(field2,4) > >(MS SQL does not have left() and right() functions) MS SQL Server does have both LEFT and RIGHT functions. From the Books on Line for SQL Server 2000: RIGHT Returns the right part of a character string with the specified number of characters. Syntax RIGHT ( character_expression , integer_expression ) Arguments character_expression Is an expression of character or binary data. character_expression can be a constant,...

Problems accessing a MySQL database via an Access linked table
Hello In order to perform a hetrogeneous join (I think that's what they're called) between MySQL and another database, I've created an Access database containing linked tables from each datasource. I create the linked tables without any problems, clicking on "save password" before selecting the desired tables. I can then access both tables fine from within the Access GUI. The problem starts when I then try to access this data from my ASP.NET web application - classic ASP works fine but .NET gives me... ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--connection to 'MyDSN' failed. From then on, the Access database remains locked (.LDB file in the same directory) and I get a similar error when I run my ASP page, which previously worked. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Regards James Bird Web Manager The Dolls House Emporium Tudor Models Ltd james.bird@dollshouse.com www.dollshouse.com Tel: 01773 514405 Fax: 01773 513772 This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No liability is accepted for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this email. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender that you have received it in error, and do not use, distribute, print or copy it. Can you supply your code? Also, can you successfully hit the source databases wthout using the middle datab...

Web resources about - Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver