SQL 2005 Developers Diagram question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I detached a SLQ 2000 database and reattached it in 2005 Developers.
When I try to access the Diagrams, the below message is received.  My
domain account is owner.  I'm local Admin on my machine.  Shouldn't be
a problem right?  How do I add the Database Diagram Support Objects?

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Database diagram support objects cannot be installed because this
database does not have a valid owner.  To continue, first use the Files
page of the Database Properties dialog box or the ALTER AUTHORIZATION
statement to set the database owner to a valid login, then add the
database diagram support objects.

------------------------------
BUTTONS:

OK
------------------------------

0
Reply KillnComputers (17) 11/15/2005 5:45:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

I found this SQL Community / As a Question.  Hope it helps someone out.

In SQL Server Management Studio do the following:

1. Right Click on your database, choose properties
2. Goto the Options Page
3. In the Dropdown at right labeled "Compatibility Level" choose "SQL
Server 2005(90)"
4. Goto the Files Page
5. Enter "sa" in the owner textbox.
6. Hit OK

0
Reply KillnComputers (17) 11/15/2005 6:20:40 PM
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver 14544 articles. 3 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

SQL 2005 Encryption questions
Hello, I have been researching the use of symmetic and asymmetic encryption in SQL 2005 and I am pretty excited to give it a try. Through examples, I can encrypt the data, but I cant figure out what to do next... What I want: 1. our social security field to be encrypted so that only the person(s) that need it can decrypt it. 2. prevent DBA's from decrypting the data themselfs 3. Simple way to encrypt the data on the table (maybe a trigger?) I thought I would use asymmetric keys, this way I can embed the public key into my data warehouse process to encrypt the data. I thought I would prom...

pl/sql developer question
I've been spoiled a bit by using Quest's Sql*Navigator. I've been trying to wean myself away from that and onto ORacle's pl/sql developer but there's one function I havent found (or its plain not there). Every once in a while it would be nice to search over all stored procedure (all stand alones, package definitions and package bodies, maybe triggers too) searching for some string. I *think* I got pl/sql dev to search over a given procedure body but searching accross procedures has so far eluded me. Is there a way to do it (Well, yeah I could search in t...

autoincrement question sql 2005 server
How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management Studio? Tom On Sep 25, 6:06 am, "info" <informatyk@fitness[CUT]authority.pl> wrote: > How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management > Studio? You just need to set the "Identity Specification" column for the particular ID field to "Yes" in the table editor P info (informatyk@fitness[CUT]authority.pl) writes: > How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management > Studio? For an existing column? That's a bit o...

ms sql 2005 developer edition
is it possible to install ms sql 2005 developer edition databse server on window XP professional version 2002 with SP2 or just allows install client version? On Oct 3, 10:39 am, HandersonVA <handerso...@hotmail.com> wrote: > is it possible to install ms sql 2005 developer edition databse server > on window XP professional version 2002 with SP2 or just allows install > client version? Of course you can - the only version you can't install on a client machine is the SQL Server Enterprise Edition! JC xSQL Software http://www.xsqlsoftware.com On Oct 3, 12:23 pm, xman <x...

Open SQL 2005 database question
Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should it be opened and closed in every subroutine? Thanks for any info. Charlie wrote: > Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should > it be opened and closed in every subroutine? How often will the VB program access the database? Charlie (jadkins4@yahoo.com) writes: > Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should > it be opened and closed in every subroutine? You don't really open or close the database, but you connect and disconnect from...

Question on SQL Server 2000
I am a DB2 DBA that has been asked to become familiar enough with SQL Server in order to become actively involved in its installation, implementation, and to review database backup/recovery procedures. SQL Server will be used by a vendor packaged application. The problem is that we are awaiting word on whether it will be SQL Server 2000 or 2005 we will be working with. I have been told that there are considerable differences between the two versions. There is an upcoming local 5 day class on Administering SQL Server 2000 that I would like to take. (outline below) Question is, are the differ...

SQL Developer & Java Question
Hi Everyone! Our techs just installed the JDK 1.5 on our AIX machine so we can install SQL Developer. When I try and run SQL Developer, I receive this error. I've been looking for an answer with no luck. So, maybe someone else has seen this before?? I know nothing about how Java works........ Thanks in advance! sh sqldeveloper Oracle SQL Developer 1.0 Copyright (c) 2005 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Unable to find configuration file: jdk.conf Working directory is /home/oracle/sqldeveloper/jdev/bin JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -hotspot Could not create ...

SQL Server 2005 objects question
Hi guys, I am pretty happy with the new system views in SQL 2005 but there is one thing I could not figure out: What is the view that let you see what object belongs to what DB? Sorry for the simple question, Cheers, G. vajarov (vajarov@gmail.com) writes: > I am pretty happy with the new system views in SQL 2005 but there is > one thing I could not figure out: What is the view that let you see > what object belongs to what DB? Sorry for the simple question, Cheers, I'm not really sure that I understand it. Objects are either server-bound or database-bound. And if it's datab...

SQL Developer
Hi there, I'm been using the SQL Developer GUI from: http://sqldeveloper.solyp.com/ I'm using this to run queries on a Informix 10 db and also draw diagrams of the table relationships. When connnecting to my database I notice that all the other dbs on the server are displayed e.g: Databases -> |- my_db@my_server |- Catalogs (server) |- alex_db |- bob_db |- ... |- my_db |- paul_db I think all these extra databases cause the diagram editor to slow down a great deal. Is it possible to get SQL dev...

SQL 2005 Developer edition
I hope someone can help me. I recently installed SQL 2005 Developer version, and I thought everything was fine - I could use the SQL server part of it. However when I tried to use the SSIS tools, it told me that the installation was incomplete. So I went to add/Remove programs to see if I could repair it, and next to the SQL Server listing, I only had a ? (blue info circle with ? inside) and it said that SQL server was not installed on the computer. But I could still call up SQL Mgmt studio and it worked just fine. However I really need SSIS working. So I uninstalled (via Add/Remove programs) ...

SQL 2005

SQL Server 2005 SSIS Progress Question
I have several SSIS packages. I am trying to see if there is a way to print out ALL the details in the progress tab. I'm familiar with SQL Server 2000, but still learning 2005. Thanks! Jamie ...

"Sql Server 2005 Developer"
Hi, Would I like to know if in "SQL Server 2005 Developer" there is "DTS Wizard"? Thanks ...

Collation Questions SQL Server 2005 SP2
A few collation questions on SQL Server 2005 SP2, which I'll call SQLS. The default collation for SQLS is apparently SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. I wish to use a variation of this, SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AI collation, but there is no such collation returned from fn_helpcollations(). Also, if I try to use this collation in a CREATE DATABASE stmt, SQLS yells about it. I see that there is a Latin1_General_CS_AI. What effects are there in using this collation? The SQL_* collations are SQL collations, while non-SQL_* collations are Windows collations, yes? SQLS runs only on Windows...

SQL 2005
Relationships between tables disappear without explanation in the database diagram using SQL Server 2005. Many thanks for any thoughts/questions on the topic! mark.szretter@gmail.com wrote: > Relationships between tables disappear without explanation in the > database diagram using SQL Server 2005. > > Many thanks for any thoughts/questions on the topic! More significantly, are the foreign key constraints really disappearing or are you just seeing a bug with the UI? Check the constraints. Can you describe any steps to reproduce the error? You can report a bug at the feedback c...

Sql Server 2005 questions regarding editing views
Previously in Sql Server 2000, we would be in enterprise manager, you'd double click on a view, and a nice little dialog box opened with the t-sql statetments, there was also a check sql syntax and apply and cancel buttons. Not exactly query anaylizer, just a quick lightweight dialog box. Is this feature still around? Seems like I have to go into the query anaylizer like mode to edit a view now. I am a total newbie to version 2005. Are there any options I can set to make it behave the old way? All feedback is appreciated. TIA, ~CK right click the view-->modify But if I was y...

Log Shipping on SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
I know that SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition doesn't support log shipping. Is there a workaround? Thanks, RBollinger ...

MS SQL 2005 Express Edition
Hello... I'm new to MS SQL, so please be nice... LOLOL I decided to go from Access 2003 with the MS SQL Express Edition (I really don't need all the features of the full version, if so, I can buy it in the future). MS Access as the Frond End and SQL as the Back End. Right now is installed on a Windows 2003 Server and ready to go. So my question is, It's possible to also install SQL Express on my laptop, create and/or test the databases, when ready transfer the Databases to the server? Something like replication? I would love to do all my programing at home, when I'm more ...

Practical encryption question with SQL 2005 back end
I'm porting my Access 2003 backend to SQL Server 2005 in order to accomodate more users with more stability. I want to encrypt the columns with client names, addresses and phone numbers because we are storing confidential info on them in other tables. Am using and MDB file (OBDC) rather than an Access project to avoid changing scads of code. I looked at the Microsoft Code examples about how to have SQL Server encrypt data. Question: I'm not sure how to do this practically. I have several combo boxes in the front end that need to be populated by the clients name which need to be access...

Script, Save, Export SQL 2005 Database Diagrams
I've used the code from the post [Script, Save, Export SQL Database Diagrams] for a while now... but recently upgraded to SQL Server 2005. I've written a new script for SQL Server 2005, which can be found at http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/ScriptDiagram2005.asp if anyone is looking to script out database diagrams... Thanks to the original poster - Clay Beatty - for his effort. URL: [Script, Save, Export SQL Database Diagrams] http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.databases.ms-sqlserver/browse_frm/thread/ca9a9229d06a56f9/37802441d6466ca2?tvc=1&q=Script%2C+Save%2C+Export+SQL...

Question: Sun-developed SQL 'proxy'
Hey, all... Some time ago, I used a tool which I believe was available from Sun. It was a java applet, as I recall, which sat between a SQL client and a SQL server. It allowed the client to connect to it at any port, and would in turn connect to the server at the standard TCP port (or whatever the server was listening on). It logged all SQL traffic between the two nodes to a flat file. Has anyone ever heard of this tool? For the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Thanks! BD I have no idea myself, but Google found this: http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/jdbc-proxy...

Simple Question : VB6 + SQL Server 2005, OK ?
Dear all, My company will upgrade its SQL Server 2000 to 2005, can its existing VB6 applications continue to run smoothly ? Does SQL Server 2005 support VB6 ? "cpchan" <cpchaney@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:45fd55bf$1@127.0.0.1... > Dear all, > > My company will upgrade its SQL Server 2000 to 2005, can its existing VB6 > applications continue to run smoothly ? > Does SQL Server 2005 support VB6 ? > Not sure I would phrase it "Does SQLServer 2005 support VB6", but rather "Can VB6 use SQLServer 2005"?. The ...

US-VA: Reston-Senior SQL Server 2005 Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Senior SQL Server 2005 ...

question regarding slow performance an PAGEIOLATCH_SH locks on sql 2005
Hi, I wondered in anyone can help with the following problem that i'm experiencing, i'll try to provide as much info as possible and any suggestions would be appreciated. I have just started at an organsiation and there seems to be slow performance maybe on the san on a 64bit itanium dual core machine. 4 CPUs are being showed to sql server, it also has 16gb of RAM. I'll start with the configuration of the SAN. After speaking to the SAN guy, rather than carve the SAN up into different area's for san Logs/Data etc they have gone for the approach of spreading a Vdisk across as ...