SQL 2005 Developers Diagram question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I detached a SLQ 2000 database and reattached it in 2005 Developers.
When I try to access the Diagrams, the below message is received.  My
domain account is owner.  I'm local Admin on my machine.  Shouldn't be
a problem right?  How do I add the Database Diagram Support Objects?

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Database diagram support objects cannot be installed because this
database does not have a valid owner.  To continue, first use the Files
page of the Database Properties dialog box or the ALTER AUTHORIZATION
statement to set the database owner to a valid login, then add the
database diagram support objects.

------------------------------
BUTTONS:

OK
------------------------------

0
Reply KillnComputers (17) 11/15/2005 5:45:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

I found this SQL Community / As a Question.  Hope it helps someone out.

In SQL Server Management Studio do the following:

1. Right Click on your database, choose properties
2. Goto the Options Page
3. In the Dropdown at right labeled "Compatibility Level" choose "SQL
Server 2005(90)"
4. Goto the Files Page
5. Enter "sa" in the owner textbox.
6. Hit OK

0
Reply KillnComputers (17) 11/15/2005 6:20:40 PM
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver 14573 articles. 3 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

SQL 2005 Encryption questions
Hello, I have been researching the use of symmetic and asymmetic encryption in SQL 2005 and I am pretty excited to give it a try. Through examples, I can encrypt the data, but I cant figure out what to do next... What I want: 1. our social security field to be encrypted so that only the person(s) that need it can decrypt it. 2. prevent DBA's from decrypting the data themselfs 3. Simple way to encrypt the data on the table (maybe a trigger?) I thought I would use asymmetric keys, this way I can embed the public key into my data warehouse process to encrypt the data. I thought I would prom...

SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2005 Standard
Hey, I was wondering if it was easy to migrate from SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2005 Standard? If so, do you know how I can go about doing the migration of data? Thank you. Sincerely, Eldhose Cyriac contact1981 (contact1981@gmail.com) writes: > I was wondering if it was easy to migrate from SQL Server 2005 Express > to SQL Server 2005 Standard? If so, do you know how I can go about > doing the migration of data? Thank you. I haven't tried, but I would expect it to be possible to simply run an upgrade of the existing instance. No need for data migration...

pl/sql developer question
I've been spoiled a bit by using Quest's Sql*Navigator. I've been trying to wean myself away from that and onto ORacle's pl/sql developer but there's one function I havent found (or its plain not there). Every once in a while it would be nice to search over all stored procedure (all stand alones, package definitions and package bodies, maybe triggers too) searching for some string. I *think* I got pl/sql dev to search over a given procedure body but searching accross procedures has so far eluded me. Is there a way to do it (Well, yeah I could search in t...

autoincrement question sql 2005 server
How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management Studio? Tom On Sep 25, 6:06 am, "info" <informatyk@fitness[CUT]authority.pl> wrote: > How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management > Studio? You just need to set the "Identity Specification" column for the particular ID field to "Yes" in the table editor P info (informatyk@fitness[CUT]authority.pl) writes: > How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management > Studio? For an existing column? That's a bit o...

ms sql 2005 developer edition
is it possible to install ms sql 2005 developer edition databse server on window XP professional version 2002 with SP2 or just allows install client version? On Oct 3, 10:39 am, HandersonVA <handerso...@hotmail.com> wrote: > is it possible to install ms sql 2005 developer edition databse server > on window XP professional version 2002 with SP2 or just allows install > client version? Of course you can - the only version you can't install on a client machine is the SQL Server Enterprise Edition! JC xSQL Software http://www.xsqlsoftware.com On Oct 3, 12:23 pm, xman <x...

Open SQL 2005 database question
Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should it be opened and closed in every subroutine? Thanks for any info. Charlie wrote: > Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should > it be opened and closed in every subroutine? How often will the VB program access the database? Charlie (jadkins4@yahoo.com) writes: > Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should > it be opened and closed in every subroutine? You don't really open or close the database, but you connect and disconnect from...

Question on SQL Server 2000
I am a DB2 DBA that has been asked to become familiar enough with SQL Server in order to become actively involved in its installation, implementation, and to review database backup/recovery procedures. SQL Server will be used by a vendor packaged application. The problem is that we are awaiting word on whether it will be SQL Server 2000 or 2005 we will be working with. I have been told that there are considerable differences between the two versions. There is an upcoming local 5 day class on Administering SQL Server 2000 that I would like to take. (outline below) Question is, are the differ...

SQL Developer & Java Question
Hi Everyone! Our techs just installed the JDK 1.5 on our AIX machine so we can install SQL Developer. When I try and run SQL Developer, I receive this error. I've been looking for an answer with no luck. So, maybe someone else has seen this before?? I know nothing about how Java works........ Thanks in advance! sh sqldeveloper Oracle SQL Developer 1.0 Copyright (c) 2005 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Unable to find configuration file: jdk.conf Working directory is /home/oracle/sqldeveloper/jdev/bin JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -hotspot Could not create ...

SQL Server 2005 objects question
Hi guys, I am pretty happy with the new system views in SQL 2005 but there is one thing I could not figure out: What is the view that let you see what object belongs to what DB? Sorry for the simple question, Cheers, G. vajarov (vajarov@gmail.com) writes: > I am pretty happy with the new system views in SQL 2005 but there is > one thing I could not figure out: What is the view that let you see > what object belongs to what DB? Sorry for the simple question, Cheers, I'm not really sure that I understand it. Objects are either server-bound or database-bound. And if it's datab...

Can SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 be installed on same machine?
I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine without conflicts? As in two different instances? John Dalberg John Dalberg <john_dd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<tpnme2253onv.6h4z5zpbsegl.dlg@40tude.net>... > I am interested in installing both SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL Server > 2005 b2 on the same machine. Can they both be installed on the same machine > without conflicts? As in two different instances? > > John Dalberg From what I understand of the...

SQL Developer
Hi there, I'm been using the SQL Developer GUI from: http://sqldeveloper.solyp.com/ I'm using this to run queries on a Informix 10 db and also draw diagrams of the table relationships. When connnecting to my database I notice that all the other dbs on the server are displayed e.g: Databases -> |- my_db@my_server |- Catalogs (server) |- alex_db |- bob_db |- ... |- my_db |- paul_db I think all these extra databases cause the diagram editor to slow down a great deal. Is it possible to get SQL dev...

SQL 2005 Developer edition
I hope someone can help me. I recently installed SQL 2005 Developer version, and I thought everything was fine - I could use the SQL server part of it. However when I tried to use the SSIS tools, it told me that the installation was incomplete. So I went to add/Remove programs to see if I could repair it, and next to the SQL Server listing, I only had a ? (blue info circle with ? inside) and it said that SQL server was not installed on the computer. But I could still call up SQL Mgmt studio and it worked just fine. However I really need SSIS working. So I uninstalled (via Add/Remove programs) ...

Developers! Developers! Developers!
If only we had Steve Balmer to drum up more excitment for IIGS development…wouldn’t that be awesome?!?Maybe not… So you’ll just have to put up with me waving the rainbow coloured Apple flag and trying to get more people interested in coding some games for the IIGS. http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/for-home-brew-just-add-hops-skips-jumps-blood-sweat-tears I know it’s a big ask…but I know I’d regret it if I didn’t try in my limited capacity and skills. - Alex -- http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/ Here's my opinion on it, and I'll keep it short: look...

Developers (developers, developers, ...)
Hello, I've been writing some sort of renderer in my spare time for the last year or so. It's far from being RenderMan compliant, but that's the general goal ( http://kazzuya.com/ribtools ). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to off-line rendering. And it's been a quite a challenge to get this far 8) I don't see much activity around here, but I suspect that the old- schoolers are probably still checking the group. So, I'll try to ask: ...is there a currently more active and developer-inclined discussion forum ? I surely could use some hints 8) ...

SQL 2005

SQL Server 2005 SSIS Progress Question
I have several SSIS packages. I am trying to see if there is a way to print out ALL the details in the progress tab. I'm familiar with SQL Server 2000, but still learning 2005. Thanks! Jamie ...

"Sql Server 2005 Developer"
Hi, Would I like to know if in "SQL Server 2005 Developer" there is "DTS Wizard"? Thanks ...

Collation Questions SQL Server 2005 SP2
A few collation questions on SQL Server 2005 SP2, which I'll call SQLS. The default collation for SQLS is apparently SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. I wish to use a variation of this, SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AI collation, but there is no such collation returned from fn_helpcollations(). Also, if I try to use this collation in a CREATE DATABASE stmt, SQLS yells about it. I see that there is a Latin1_General_CS_AI. What effects are there in using this collation? The SQL_* collations are SQL collations, while non-SQL_* collations are Windows collations, yes? SQLS runs only on Windows...

SQL 2005
Relationships between tables disappear without explanation in the database diagram using SQL Server 2005. Many thanks for any thoughts/questions on the topic! mark.szretter@gmail.com wrote: > Relationships between tables disappear without explanation in the > database diagram using SQL Server 2005. > > Many thanks for any thoughts/questions on the topic! More significantly, are the foreign key constraints really disappearing or are you just seeing a bug with the UI? Check the constraints. Can you describe any steps to reproduce the error? You can report a bug at the feedback c...

Developers Developers Developers
Does Microsoft even have an AppStore? http://client.marketplace.windowsmobile.com/ guess not pocketgear has one but it supports like a 1000 devices. No way a developer can target a 1000 devices without having the app be crap. Funny seeing the boot on the other foot here. Hasn't been this way for Apple since ca 1988, when the Mac II had peak developer mindshare and DOS/Wintel truly, truly sucked. ...

Developers (developers, developers, ...)
Hello, I've been writing some sort of renderer in my spare time for the last year or so. It's far from being RenderMan compliant, but that's the general goal ( http://kazzuya.com/ribtools ). I'm a complete beginner when it comes to off-line rendering. And it's been a quite a challenge to get this far 8) I don't see much activity around here, but I suspect that the old- schoolers are probably still checking the group. So, I'll try to ask: ...is there a currently more active and developer-inclined discussion forum ? I surely could use some hints 8) ...

SQL question from SQL newbie
The following code: proc sql; /*Create the low bids table.*/ create view lowbids as select allbids.* ,bid.bidprice as BidUnitPrice label="Unit Bid" from work.Allbids as allbid1 /* All Bids DB <=== this was created in a previous SQL*/ ,pls.BIDTABS as bid /* Bid items DB */ where Bids=MinBid and bid.vendor=allbids.Vendor and bid.letting=allbids.letting and bid.call=allbids.call order by Call, iplineno, C...

SQL 2000 -> SQL 2005 conversion sql authentication problem
I recently needed to upgrade a sql 2000 machine to 2005. Instead of upgrading the sql 2000 default instance, I installed sql 2005 as a separate named instance so we could go back to sql 2000 if necessary. The web server that connected to the new server didn't have anything change on it except the database ip was changed to machinename\instancename instead of just machinename. SQL authentication was being used and the exact same userid/password was created on sql 2005. I logged into the database server using the same userid/pass to confirm it worked. However, when using the app, it reporte...

US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45300257605)
US-TX-Austin: Oracle/ SQL DBA Developer, SQL DBA, Oracle DBA, Oracle Developer; (45300257605) ============================================================================================= A strong data base developer / database admin needed for contract to hire opportunity in Austin Texas. Significant Oracle experience would be a must as well as strong MS SQL Server Submit responses to jgoolsby@eurosoft-inc.com ..45300257605. ...