SQL 2005 Developers Diagram question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I detached a SLQ 2000 database and reattached it in 2005 Developers.
When I try to access the Diagrams, the below message is received.  My
domain account is owner.  I'm local Admin on my machine.  Shouldn't be
a problem right?  How do I add the Database Diagram Support Objects?

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Database diagram support objects cannot be installed because this
database does not have a valid owner.  To continue, first use the Files
page of the Database Properties dialog box or the ALTER AUTHORIZATION
statement to set the database owner to a valid login, then add the
database diagram support objects.

------------------------------
BUTTONS:

OK
------------------------------

0
Reply KillnComputers (17) 11/15/2005 5:45:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

I found this SQL Community / As a Question.  Hope it helps someone out.

In SQL Server Management Studio do the following:

1. Right Click on your database, choose properties
2. Goto the Options Page
3. In the Dropdown at right labeled "Compatibility Level" choose "SQL
Server 2005(90)"
4. Goto the Files Page
5. Enter "sa" in the owner textbox.
6. Hit OK

0
Reply KillnComputers (17) 11/15/2005 6:20:40 PM
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver 14530 articles. 3 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

SQL 2005 Encryption questions
Hello, I have been researching the use of symmetic and asymmetic encryption in SQL 2005 and I am pretty excited to give it a try. Through examples, I can encrypt the data, but I cant figure out what to do next... What I want: 1. our social security field to be encrypted so that only the person(s) that need it can decrypt it. 2. prevent DBA's from decrypting the data themselfs 3. Simple way to encrypt the data on the table (maybe a trigger?) I thought I would use asymmetric keys, this way I can embed the public key into my data warehouse process to encrypt the data. I thought I would prom...

pl/sql developer question
I've been spoiled a bit by using Quest's Sql*Navigator. I've been trying to wean myself away from that and onto ORacle's pl/sql developer but there's one function I havent found (or its plain not there). Every once in a while it would be nice to search over all stored procedure (all stand alones, package definitions and package bodies, maybe triggers too) searching for some string. I *think* I got pl/sql dev to search over a given procedure body but searching accross procedures has so far eluded me. Is there a way to do it (Well, yeah I could search in t...

autoincrement question sql 2005 server
How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management Studio? Tom On Sep 25, 6:06 am, "info" <informatyk@fitness[CUT]authority.pl> wrote: > How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management > Studio? You just need to set the "Identity Specification" column for the particular ID field to "Yes" in the table editor P info (informatyk@fitness[CUT]authority.pl) writes: > How add column autoincrement in sql server 2005 use SQL Server Management > Studio? For an existing column? That's a bit o...

ms sql 2005 developer edition
is it possible to install ms sql 2005 developer edition databse server on window XP professional version 2002 with SP2 or just allows install client version? On Oct 3, 10:39 am, HandersonVA <handerso...@hotmail.com> wrote: > is it possible to install ms sql 2005 developer edition databse server > on window XP professional version 2002 with SP2 or just allows install > client version? Of course you can - the only version you can't install on a client machine is the SQL Server Enterprise Edition! JC xSQL Software http://www.xsqlsoftware.com On Oct 3, 12:23 pm, xman <x...

Open SQL 2005 database question
Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should it be opened and closed in every subroutine? Thanks for any info. Charlie wrote: > Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should > it be opened and closed in every subroutine? How often will the VB program access the database? Charlie (jadkins4@yahoo.com) writes: > Shoud a SQL 2005 database remain open in a Visual Basic program, or should > it be opened and closed in every subroutine? You don't really open or close the database, but you connect and disconnect from...

Question on SQL Server 2000
I am a DB2 DBA that has been asked to become familiar enough with SQL Server in order to become actively involved in its installation, implementation, and to review database backup/recovery procedures. SQL Server will be used by a vendor packaged application. The problem is that we are awaiting word on whether it will be SQL Server 2000 or 2005 we will be working with. I have been told that there are considerable differences between the two versions. There is an upcoming local 5 day class on Administering SQL Server 2000 that I would like to take. (outline below) Question is, are the differ...

SQL Developer & Java Question
Hi Everyone! Our techs just installed the JDK 1.5 on our AIX machine so we can install SQL Developer. When I try and run SQL Developer, I receive this error. I've been looking for an answer with no luck. So, maybe someone else has seen this before?? I know nothing about how Java works........ Thanks in advance! sh sqldeveloper Oracle SQL Developer 1.0 Copyright (c) 2005 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Unable to find configuration file: jdk.conf Working directory is /home/oracle/sqldeveloper/jdev/bin JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -hotspot Could not create ...

SQL Server 2005 objects question
Hi guys, I am pretty happy with the new system views in SQL 2005 but there is one thing I could not figure out: What is the view that let you see what object belongs to what DB? Sorry for the simple question, Cheers, G. vajarov (vajarov@gmail.com) writes: > I am pretty happy with the new system views in SQL 2005 but there is > one thing I could not figure out: What is the view that let you see > what object belongs to what DB? Sorry for the simple question, Cheers, I'm not really sure that I understand it. Objects are either server-bound or database-bound. And if it's datab...

SQL Developer
Hi there, I'm been using the SQL Developer GUI from: http://sqldeveloper.solyp.com/ I'm using this to run queries on a Informix 10 db and also draw diagrams of the table relationships. When connnecting to my database I notice that all the other dbs on the server are displayed e.g: Databases -> |- my_db@my_server |- Catalogs (server) |- alex_db |- bob_db |- ... |- my_db |- paul_db I think all these extra databases cause the diagram editor to slow down a great deal. Is it possible to get SQL dev...