SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Database Migration

Could someone help us with a problem we're having with regard to
moving several databases from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 on different servers
in different domains.  Our current SQL 7 server resides in one domain,
and holds several databases.  We now want to move these to a SQL 2000
server in another domain.

We're trying to use the Copy Database wizard on the SQL 2000 server
(logged in as the local admin account), selecting the SQL 7 server as
the source, using 'sa' account on that server.  The target is the SQL
2000 server, again using 'sa' account.  We're leaving everything else
with regards to logins, jobs etc as default (i.e. taking everything
that can be found), but when the steps execute, the last step that
brings the database across fails with an error code -2147467259 -
Failed to create the share OMWWIZI.

Can anyone help us out with this error, or provide any suggestions as
to what we can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

"LizP" <liz.porteous@scottishfriendly.co.uk> wrote in message
> Could someone help us with a problem we're having with regard to
> moving several databases from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 on different servers
> in different domains.  Our current SQL 7 server resides in one domain,
> and holds several databases.  We now want to move these to a SQL 2000
> server in another domain.
>
> We're trying to use the Copy Database wizard on the SQL 2000 server
> (logged in as the local admin account), selecting the SQL 7 server as
> the source, using 'sa' account on that server.  The target is the SQL
> 2000 server, again using 'sa' account.  We're leaving everything else
> with regards to logins, jobs etc as default (i.e. taking everything
> that can be found), but when the steps execute, the last step that
> brings the database across fails with an error code -2147467259 -
> Failed to create the share OMWWIZI.
>
> Can anyone help us out with this error, or provide any suggestions as
> to what we can do?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

According to the Books Online section "Using the Copy Database Wizard", if
you are using Windows NT/2000, your user account must have administrator
privileges on both servers, ie. Windows admin privileges, not MSSQL sysadmin
privileges.

I would guess that either your Windows account doesn't have these
privileges, or it isn't trusted in one of the domains. One possible solution
is to backup the source database, copy the backup file, and restore it on
the destination server (this is possible from SQL7 to SQL2000). You could
also detach, copy and then attach the source database files, which I believe
is what the Copy Database wizard does anyway.

Simon

0
sql (2120)
11/3/2003 7:31:25 PM
Hi

Not sure about this, but at a guess you need to make the domains trust each
other as well.

You may want to check out
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b224071

John

"LizP" <liz.porteous@scottishfriendly.co.uk> wrote in message
> Could someone help us with a problem we're having with regard to
> moving several databases from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 on different servers
> in different domains.  Our current SQL 7 server resides in one domain,
> and holds several databases.  We now want to move these to a SQL 2000
> server in another domain.
>
> We're trying to use the Copy Database wizard on the SQL 2000 server
> (logged in as the local admin account), selecting the SQL 7 server as
> the source, using 'sa' account on that server.  The target is the SQL
> 2000 server, again using 'sa' account.  We're leaving everything else
> with regards to logins, jobs etc as default (i.e. taking everything
> that can be found), but when the steps execute, the last step that
> brings the database across fails with an error code -2147467259 -
> Failed to create the share OMWWIZI.
>
> Can anyone help us out with this error, or provide any suggestions as
> to what we can do?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Load SQL 7 database and transaction log backups to SQL 2000
Is it possible to load both the SQL 7 database and transaction log backups to SQL 2000 ? I assume it will perform the upgrade during the load. Thanks, James Yes, you can restore SQL7 backups (db and/or log) to SQL2000 (or Yukon). The upgrade will happen after the restore is complete (WITH RECOVERY). We do not support WITH STANDBY when an upgrade is needed. -- Gang He Software Design Engineer Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "James Cheung" <fungcheung@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9d46429.0411180030.46be718b@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to load both the SQL 7 database and transaction log > backups to SQL 2000 ? I assume it will perform the upgrade during the > load. > > Thanks, > James Is it possible to load both the SQL 7 database and transaction log backups to SQL 2000 ? I assume it will perform the upgrade during the load. Does Microsoft has any formal documentation on that ? Thanks, James Is there any formal documentation from Microsoft ? What is "Yukon" ? Thanks "Gang He [MSFT]" <gangheREMOVETHIS@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<419d50df$1@news.microsoft.com>... > Yes, you can restore SQL7 backups (db and/or log) to SQL2000 (or Yukon). > > The upgrade will happen after the restore is complete (WITH RECOVERY). > > We do not support WITH STANDBY when an upgrade is needed...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

How to import from external SQL database to local SQL database
Hello everyone. I have two machines that have SQL Express on them. I have developed a SQL database with two tables, and a lot of data, on my laptop. I want to copy that database and make it available to my local desktop machine. How can I export or save the database on the laptop and then import it so that I can use it on the desktop? ...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

Transferring Data from MSDE Database to SQL 2000 Database
Hi all, Here is my situation. I have an application that uses SQL 2000. The client has a program that uses MSDE. The client MUST have the MSDE version of the Database. What I have done is to create a SQL 2000 Database that is exactly like the MSDE version. What I wish to do, is at regularly scheduled intervals, update the SQL 2000 Data with the newest MSDE Data. On my clients server, they have both MSDE and SQL 2000 installed the msde has a user name and password to access it, whereas the SQL 2000 uses authenticated mode to access it. What I'm trying to do is to write a bunch of SQL Queries, that I can run that will copy over the new Data, but I'm having problems accessing the msde database in query analyzer from the SQL Database Can anyone give me hints on the best way to try this Thanks Scott [posted and mailed, please reply in news] (smahler@datexmedia.com) writes: > Here is my situation. > I have an application that uses SQL 2000. The client has a program > that uses MSDE. The client MUST have the MSDE version of the Database. > What I have done is to create a SQL 2000 Database that is exactly like > the MSDE version. What I wish to do, is at regularly scheduled > intervals, update the SQL 2000 Data with the newest MSDE Data. > > On my clients server, they have both MSDE and SQL 2000 installed > the msde has a user name and password to access it, whereas the SQL > 2000 uses authenticated mode to access it. > >...

About SQL 6.5 replication to SQL 2000. (Distribution database)
Hi, Are any one can help me to solve my question. I test the SQL 6.5 replication to SQL 2000. I test that complete and OK. But no any table in my distributor databae. Which database sotre the MSjobs, MSjob_commands, MJjob_subscriptions table ? Thanks, Jeff ...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Restore SQL Server 6.5 database in SQL Server 2000
Hi, Do you know if it is possible to restore database (backup) from SQL Server 6.5 in SQL Server 2000? Best Regards, Wojtek -- (Remove bez.syfu get my e-mail address) ...

Restore of Case Insensitive Database to a Case Sensitive Database
Yesterday I received a response to my CI/CS Collation problem and the recommendation was to try and restore a CI Collation database to a CS Collation database. After creating a blank CS database a full restore (Force restore over existing database) does change the Collation to CI. I'm unsure as to how I can restore without changing the Collation. Any suggestions? Hi. Check out this article: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/vg_database_comparison_sp.asp If appears that if you can put the CI db on another box and create a linked server to it you should be able to bring over every...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database to Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie E Sullivan wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie What do you mean by "import"? If you mean dump the data as a delimited text file and use SQL*Loader. Yes. But do keep in mind you will need to translate some data types and autonumbering columns do not exist. -- Daniel Morgan http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply) Thanks, Daniel. Yes, that is what I want. Now about the autonumbering columns: as long as we aren't going to add to the database and expect autonumbering, I can still have that column, right? That's what it sounds like. thanks again. "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077639180.433784@yasure... > E Sullivan wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to ju...

Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle
Hi, Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no stored procedures? thanks, Ellie Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. Regards Kevin "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... > Hi, > > Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle? > Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no > stored procedures? > > thanks, > > Ellie > > The stored procedures probably won't be needed so that's ok. I think the difference may be because mssql server uses "transact sql" which is their version of sql statements. Did we really expect MS to play nicely! Can the database be attached/imported or would I have to create a delimited text file? Thanks again. "Kevin A Lewis" <Kevin_A_Lewis@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UjL_b.22$mj7.1@newreader.ukcore.bt.net... > Tables and indexes only surely - have you compared the stored procedures in > SqlServer and Oracle! Every one I have ever seen have been quite different. > > Regards Kevin > > "E Sullivan" <ellie999nospam@nospamptd.net> wrote in message > news:2LGdnUSaYJzJ66bdUSdV9g@ptd.net... >...

Re: Datetime in PROC SQL with SQLSERVER database #7
I'm guessing from the error you get with datepart() that you're doing pass-through (you can use ODBC for either libname or pass-through access, so I think it's still ambiguous). I would try using a sas datetime literal in your code--something like: %let criterion_date = 01may2007:00:00:00.000 ; <<connect to your db, etc.>> where a.expiration_date > "&criterion_date"dt I believe SAS will convert that to something intelligible to mssql before sending it off. One nice thing about this (if it works) is that, since you're not specifying your criterion on the return value of a function, mssql should be able to use an index on expiration_date if there are any. HTH, -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nirmal kumar Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:54 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Datetime in PROC SQL with SQLSERVER database Yes Sir, I completely agree with what you said. I do have a solution with the SAS datepart function and if statement. I thought I would ask this question in the forum and find a better answer. Well....anyways thanks for ur input and suggestion. Cheers, Kumar On 3/12/08, Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> < schreier.junk.mail@gmail.com> wrote: > > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:11:52 -0400, Nirmal kumar > <lazybone2k@GMAIL.COM> > wrote: > > >Hi all, > > > >Howard: > >I am...

Transferring databases from MSDE 2000 to SQL 2000
Trying to transfer databases from MSDE to SQL. When I use SQL Enterprise Manager - DTS - import or export, it works for the first database, but then fails for the others. I select the to and from databases using DTS - Import - 'MS OLE DB Provider for SQL Server', then select 'Copy objects and data between SQL Servers'. It fails with the generic error message: 'Copy objects failed', nothing further. I tried to just copy data, and it doesn't work totally. On two databases, it said that it copied everything, but when I go in under Enterprise manager, some of the tables are incomplete, i.e. no data, table shows up in the list, but if you try to look at it, it says that it is missing or empty. Also, one table was not even copied. In the other two cases, I get errors, does not copy all tables. I get errors, like insert fails, but the column it references for the table does not even exist in that table. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bob (bobk7@earthlink.net) writes: > Trying to transfer databases from MSDE to SQL. When I use SQL > Enterprise Manager - DTS - import or export, it works for the first > database, but then fails for the others. I select the to and from > databases using DTS - Import - 'MS OLE DB Provider for SQL Server', > then select 'Copy objects and data between SQL Servers'. It fails > with the generic error message: 'Copy objects failed', nothing > furth...

Least expensive way to develop SQL 7 or 2000 Database on website?
Hi I am a web / database developer who wants to learn / practice developing websites using Active Server Pages and MS SQL 7 or MS SQL 2000 Can anybody tell me if there is an inexpensive way to do this? I already have experience using Active Server Pages, ADO and MS Access. Available funds are very limited Do I need Enterprise Manager? Do I need a server OS on my PC to do this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Peace, Johnny I believe the SQL Server Developer Edition is less than $40 and you can run it on XP Pro. Rob "ChChanges" <chchchchchanges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87af8f86.0404260931.2c49fa71@posting.google.com... > Hi > > I am a web / database developer who wants to learn / practice > developing websites using Active Server Pages and MS SQL 7 or MS SQL > 2000 > > Can anybody tell me if there is an inexpensive way to do this? > > I already have experience using Active Server Pages, ADO and MS > Access. > > Available funds are very limited > > Do I need Enterprise Manager? > > Do I need a server OS on my PC to do this? > > Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. > > Peace, > > Johnny "ChChanges" <chchchchchanges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87af8f86.0404260931.2c49fa71@posting.google.com... > Hi > > I am a web / database developer who wants to learn / practice > developing websites using Active Server Pages an...

Cannot Open .bak File from ms sql database. either 2000 or 2007
Can not open mssql .bak file in ms_sql. File starts with "ti" and some weired charctor. Can some one help me on how to open this back up of mssql database. I've tried to restore this file in mssql and it says it does not recognize this file. I understand that .bak file for mssql should start with "tape". But when i opened this file in ms excel it show the file starting with "ti" not tape. Any help on this would be appreciated and please let me know if you need access to file. Thanks (Rizwan.Bakhshi@gmail.com) writes: > Can not open mssql .bak file in ms_sql. File starts with "ti" and some > weired charctor. Can some one help me on how to open this back up of > mssql database. I've tried to restore this file in mssql and it says it > does not recognize this file. I understand that .bak file for mssql > should start with "tape". But when i opened this file in ms excel it > show the file starting with "ti" not tape. > > Any help on this would be appreciated and please let me know if you > need access to file. I will have to admit that I did not know about the TAPE thing, but I looked at some backups, and indeed they had TAPE in the beginning. Except one from SQL 6.5, which had MSSQL. Anyway, with the information that .bak file could be anything. Or do you have a special reason that it is an SQL Server backup file? -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se ...

US-TX-Austin: SQL Database Dev., SQL,SQL Analyzer and Profiler; (45349932406)
US-TX-Austin: SQL Database Dev., SQL,SQL Analyzer and Profiler; (45349932406) ============================================================================= Position: SQL Database Dev. Reference: ZYD00030 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: 3+ years experience as a Database Developer with significant SQL 2000 experience Must have the ability to develop, debug, test and troubleshoot queries,macros, and modules Experience and understanding of database design Proficient with SQL Query Analyzer, ...

Migrating SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Hi Friends, Is there any tool or assistant to upgrade SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. Thanks, Arunkumar On Jun 21, 5:53 am, Oonz <arund...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Friends, > Is there any tool or assistant to upgrade SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. > > Thanks, > Arunkumar Hey Arunkumar, You don't really need a special tool for this task. You just need to either make a backup of your database and restore it on the sql 2005 box, or do a dts database transfer. Depending on the size of the database doing the backup route is generally the easier path. If you need it to be on the same machine, you can take backups of all your databases, uninstall sql 2000, install 2005, then just restore all the databases. You will have a few minor problems to work out, such as orphaned users, which can be a real pain if you have thousands of them(been there myself). But for the most part everything will work just fine. I would recommend that if you've never done it before that you try it on a test box before you attempt it live, especially if your data is important at all :) Have a good go of it man. Joshua Oonz (arundhaj@gmail.com) writes: > Is there any tool or assistant to upgrade SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. There is an Upgrade Advisor that can run on your SQL 2000 machine and warn you for things you may need to address. But don't expect it cover each every small detail. You need to test your applications on your own as well. As for the upgrades, there are two ways to g...

Database migration from Sybase ASE 12.x to MS SQL Server 2005
Hi, We are going to be migrating an application and the first step is to migration the Sybase database to SQL Server 2005 database. Can anyone shed some light into this and help me understand the process involved? What are the possible pitfalls? What should the approach be? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Newbie Bad move ...

Import XML file to database (MS Server 2000) using procedure (transact sql) ???
I must import some exemplary file to database (MS Srrver 2000) ofcourse using procedure Transact SQL. This file must: 1.Read the xml file 2. Create table 3. Import this date from xml file to my database Ps. I create procedure who File xml imports to base, but unfortunately she only schedule when earlier create a table or table is created.So I need (I think) create such mini parser in language transact SQL. Does someone have some ideas? For every help Thanks ==== example file xml =========================================== <root> <Cust> <IDosoby>1</IDosoby> <Imie>Lukasz</Imie> <Nazwisko>Przypadek</Nazwisko> </Cust> <Cust> <IDosoby>2</IDosoby> <Imie>Dariusz </Imie> <Nazwisko>Mroz</Nazwisko> </Cust> <Cust> <IDosoby>3</IDosoby> <Imie>Tomasz</Imie> <Nazwisko>Kolo</Nazwisko> </Cust> </root> =========================================================== -- Luk Not sure of the exact requirement. But if you can parse the XML and then using OPENXML shred it into a new table. SELECT * INTO <MyNewTable> FROM OPENXML (@idoc, '/root/') Where @idoc is the document handle of the internal representation of an XML document. -- HTH, Vinod Kumar MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD ...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

[PL/SQL] DataBASE Interaction with PL/SQL
Hello Oracle Guru's, I know that PL/SQL does't accept any user inputs. but i need the following functionality like And Please do not ask the reason for. (My question is coming at the end of this part) Algorithm 1.Execute a procedure 2. accept some input parameters 3. check for some condition 4. pass those accepted parameter to the Dynamic SQL/cursor etc.... 5. Print the output using DBMS.Package 6.The END Here is a sample procedure, but this procedure will accept parameters only when a run the entire procedure (first time) ------------------------------------------- create or replace procedure test as t_empno varchar2(10) := '&empno'; t_ename varchar2(100); begin Select empname into t_ename from empmaster Where empno=t_empno; dbms_output.put_line('Name: '|| t_ename); -- p(t_ename) ; --thanks for asktom.oracle.com end; ---------------------------------------------- Out/put (Image only some i/o is translated from japaneseto english) empno....?: E1234567 old 3: v_empno varchar2(10) := '&empno'; new 3: v_empno varchar2(10) := 'E1234567'; Procedure created SQL> exec test nameofthe employ here PL/SQLcompleted succ.... ------------------------------------------------- My question is How can i write a PL/SQL to perform the above algorithm i.e When i say EXEC test the following screnn should appear empno....?: E1234567 old 3: v_empno varchar2(10) := '&...

Practicing SQL on sample database through PL SQL
Hello All, I have installed oracle 9.2 on a Win XP Pro. I have managed to create a schema. All I want to learn for the time being is 1 .PL SQL Commands . 2 . and learn to use the "Select" statement effeciently coz I would be using it in SAS. So can I import a database and practice querrying to glory. Is there a sample database in the Web or if there is some database some where I could do some thing . thanks JQ Jquest wrote: > Hello All, > > I have installed oracle 9.2 on a Win XP Pro. I have managed to create a > schema. All I want to learn for the time being is > > 1 .PL SQL Commands . > 2 . and learn to use the "Select" statement effeciently coz I would > be using it in SAS. > > So can I import a database and practice querrying to glory. Is there a > sample database in the Web or if there is some database some where I > could do some thing . > > thanks > JQ > On the companion CD there are some sample schemas available. regards, pedro Jquest wrote: > Hello All, > > I have installed oracle 9.2 on a Win XP Pro. I have managed to create a > schema. All I want to learn for the time being is > > 1 .PL SQL Commands . > 2 . and learn to use the "Select" statement effeciently coz I would > be using it in SAS. > > So can I import a database and practice querrying to glory. Is there a > sample database in the Web or if there is some database some...

Web resources about - SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Database Migration - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most IT pros are unprepared for data migration failure
Among businesses, data migration seems to be a much bigger issue than previously thought. Those are the results of a new report by Vision Solutions, ...

Greece scrambles to implement migration deal
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Government officials in Greece signaled Saturday that implementation of a migration agreement between the European Union ...

What to expect from Windows 10 migrations
Process changes spurred by Windows 10 servicing model will test IT more than tech-related migration issues.

Storks stop migration to eat trash
Storks are forgoing their annual migration in favor of spending their winters picking through the landfills of Europe.

Europe's migration deal faces hurdle in Turkish foe Cyprus
NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) — European Union leaders seek a mutually binding deal with Turkey to stem the flow of migrants by sea to Greece. But several ...

Storks Ditch Migration for Year-Round Landfill Life
The baby-deliverers of folklore overwinter in Spain and Portugal, opting for a stable junk food diet over the annual trip to Africa.

Microsoft Eases Docker Container Migrations With Cloud Storage Plug-in
The new Docker Volume Plugin for Azure File Storage plug-in makes Docker containers less reliant on a host's storage.

Report: Amazon to officially launch AWS Database Migration Service on Tuesday
Amazon will officially roll out the AWS Database Migration Service on Tuesday, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal . The service ...

Anti-migration party sweeps to victory in three German state elections
... Alternative for Germany (AfD) party has been challenging Angela Merkel and her Christian Democratic Union party over her open doors immigration ...