SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003

I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL
server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in
the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work
fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise
Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under
Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works.
Can anybody help?

0
df1 (47)

df (df@df.com) writes:
> I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this
> SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the
> databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my
> applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases
> visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in
> Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts.

I have no idea, but my guess is that you registered as a user that
does not have permission to these databases, and not as a user
that has admin priviledges.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
esquel (7068)
3/29/2005 9:44:51 PM
df wrote:
> I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered
this SQL
> server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the
databases in
> the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my
applications work
> fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in
Enterprise
> Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager
under
> Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works.
> Can anybody help?

The account you use in Enterprse Manager probably has no admin
permission. Did you try "sa"? If your SQL Server doesn't allow SQL
login you need to RTFM and enable it.

0
aquila.deus (1755)
3/30/2005 8:20:08 AM
Tried "sa", the same story. Tried Windows auth., no diff.
Only default databases are visible.

"Aquila Deus" <aquila.deus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> df wrote:
>> I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered
> this SQL
>> server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the
> databases in
>> the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my
> applications work
>> fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in
> Enterprise
>> Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager
> under
>> Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works.
>> Can anybody help?
>
> The account you use in Enterprse Manager probably has no admin
> permission. Did you try "sa"? If your SQL Server doesn't allow SQL
> login you need to RTFM and enable it.

0
df1 (47)
3/30/2005 3:52:07 PM
When I looked in the Windows services I see another instance of SQL Server
running. There are the following services:
MSSQL$DELLSRV
MSSqlSever

I have no clue how this could happen. But the question is how can I get to
the old instance???

"Aquila Deus" <aquila.deus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> df wrote:
>> I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered
> this SQL
>> server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the
> databases in
>> the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my
> applications work
>> fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in
> Enterprise
>> Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager
> under
>> Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works.
>> Can anybody help?
>
> The account you use in Enterprse Manager probably has no admin
> permission. Did you try "sa"? If your SQL Server doesn't allow SQL
> login you need to RTFM and enable it.

0
df1 (47)
3/30/2005 4:01:01 PM
df wrote:
> When I looked in the Windows services I see another instance of SQL
Server
> running. There are the following services:
> MSSQL$DELLSRV
> MSSqlSever
>
> I have no clue how this could happen. But the question is how can I
get to
> the old instance???

Depends on the network interface you configured for the two instances.
The default  share memory is exclusive and can't be used by both (and
you may not be able to know who uses it exactly), so I suggest you to
enable named pipe for them, and re-register them in Enterprise Manager
by the named pipe path you set.

0
aquila.deus (1755)
3/30/2005 4:31:30 PM
df (df@df.com) writes:
> When I looked in the Windows services I see another instance of SQL Server
> running. There are the following services:
> MSSQL$DELLSRV
> MSSqlSever
>
> I have no clue how this could happen. But the question is how can I get to
> the old instance???

So you have two instances of SQL Server on your machine, and you have
connected to the one that does not have any databases.

To connect to the default instance, specify "." or servername. To
connect to the other, specify ".\DELLSRV" or "servername\DELLSRV".

You might also want to check the Client Network Utility whether you
have any aliases.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
esquel (7068)
3/30/2005 9:10:41 PM
Thanks,

I have fixed the problem. I suspect that when I installed service packs, it
created the second instance, since I did not do it explicitly. I shut it
down, and registered the original one.

"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel@sommarskog.se> wrote in message
> df (df@df.com) writes:
>> When I looked in the Windows services I see another instance of SQL
>> Server
>> running. There are the following services:
>> MSSQL$DELLSRV
>> MSSqlSever
>>
>> I have no clue how this could happen. But the question is how can I get
>> the old instance???
>
> So you have two instances of SQL Server on your machine, and you have
> connected to the one that does not have any databases.
>
> To connect to the default instance, specify "." or servername. To
> connect to the other, specify ".\DELLSRV" or "servername\DELLSRV".
>
> You might also want to check the Client Network Utility whether you
> have any aliases.
>

> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp

0
df1 (47)
3/31/2005 12:13:07 AM
df (df@df.com) writes:
> I have fixed the problem. I suspect that when I installed service packs,
> it created the second instance, since I did not do it explicitly. I shut
> it down, and registered the original one.

I don't know which of the instances was the unexpected one, but it
could be an MSDE instance that slipped in with some 3rd party software.
DELLSRV hints a certain vendor.

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
esquel (7068)
3/31/2005 7:23:48 AM
DELLSRV is my server name, I named it this way, no mistery here, it's DELL
server.

> df (df@df.com) writes:
> > I have fixed the problem. I suspect that when I installed service packs,
> > it created the second instance, since I did not do it explicitly. I shut
> > it down, and registered the original one.
>
> I don't know which of the instances was the unexpected one, but it
> could be an MSDE instance that slipped in with some 3rd party software.
> DELLSRV hints a certain vendor.
>

> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp

0
df1 (47)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Installing MS sql server 2000 on win 2003 server
How do I do this when my instalation cd is an old veriosn with no SP�s? Win 2003 requires MS SQL 2000 SP3 sp what do I do??? Regards Anders > When you get the prompt saying that it must be SP3 you can continue to the > end of the installation as per normal. You should then install SP3 > immediately before you do anything else. SP3a can be download from the > microsoft web site. Actually not. It says: Ms SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Ediditon server componenet is not supportet on this operating system. Only client componentes will be avaible for instalation. I juts read that bef...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

MS SQL Server 7.0 SP4 on Windows 2003 Server.
My regards for all on this NG! My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Thanks a lot!! Lucio Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > My regards for all on this NG! > > My client need to use Windows 2003 Server, but it have some databases > and systems that use SQLServer 7.0 > I need to know if MS SQL Server 7.0 can be instaled and if will run > with no problems into Windows 2003 Server. Microsoft does not support SQL 7.0 on Windows 2003. See further http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810391. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp Thanks a lot for your response. We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine. Best Regards... Lucio Chiessi [VORio] (lucio@vorio.eti.br) writes: > Thanks a lot for your response. > We are upgrading to MSDE2K and working fine. Be sure to apply SP3, as this is required for Windows 2003. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp ...

To have SQL Server 2000 + 2005 working on a single windows 2003 server
hi all. Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have=B4nt conflict ? If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what prevention will do? Thank you for you help. Bye. Am Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:28:43 -0700 schrieb fhernandezve@gmail.com: > hi all. > > Can i have two instalation of SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 in a single server > WIN 2003 as programs seperate, without i have�nt conflict ? > > If el anwser is Yes, What it is the order of instalation and what > prevention will do? > > Thank you for you help. > > Bye. Yes, i have SQL2000 and SQL2005 on the same server without problems. Installed 2000 first and 2005 second. Take care that instance names are different, you can't use the same instance name in 2000 and in 2005. bye, Helmut ...

Progress OpenEdge and SQL Server 2000 Standard on Windows 2003 Server Standard
We are having some performance issues with an application that is running on Progress OpenEdge and SQL Server. The application is written in Progress OpenEdge, but the actual data itself is being stored in SQL Server. Unfortunately, the software vendor suggests that both databases reside on one server. As a result, we appear to be running into memory contention issues, and are trying to determine the least cost solution to increase performance. Here is a quick breakdown of what we currently have: Progress OpenEdge SQL Server 2000 Standard Windows 2000 Server Standard 4GB Memory Dual 3.4 Ghz Xeon Processors RAID 10 Disk Array The Progress App Servers grow in size, we have fixed SQL Server to 1.3 GB of memory. My understanding is that if we don't do this, SQL Server will grab the full two megs of memory. Since the Dell RAID automatically takes 750 meg, that leaves a whopping 1.25 GB for the OS and Progress OpenEdge. Progress OpenEdge is currently using around 1.25 GB itself. So, the question is, based on the hardware and software I have, what is the least expensive route to get more memory? I was considering Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, but I'm not sure how SQL Server 2000 and Progress OpenEdge will run on it. I could go Windows 2000 Server Enterprise, but it seems a waste to spend that kind of money on a soon- to-be obsolete OS. Upgrading the SQL Server 2003/5 is a costly option, plus the vendor does not officially supp...

SQL Server 2000 + 2005 working on same windows 2003 server as seperate instances
Hi all, I just asked some people to help me out and phone microsoft with the following information, kindly they refused unless we setup a support contract with them first, for pre-sales information. (That really does not sound like good business sense to me - anyway here is our problem, if anyone could help thanks). "To tell and ask microsoft: We will be setting up a microsoft sql server 2000 instance running on a windows 2003 server. 1) We need to check this can run alongside a microsoft 2003 sql server (either workgroup or standard edition), on the same machine. Are there any .dll clashes if we do this? If there are can we run SQL Server 2000, in a virtual machine running windows 2000 professional. (I have a licenced copy we can use for this). 2) If we run one instance of 2000, and one of 2003 of the sql servers, can one use the processor licence model, and one use the CAL licence model." Thanks for any help, and any idea why they actually force you to use news groups for pre-sales information? David David wrote: > Hi all, > > I just asked some people to help me out and phone microsoft with the > following information, kindly they refused unless we setup a support > contract with them first, for pre-sales information. (That really does > not sound like good business sense to me - anyway here is our problem, > if anyone could help thanks). > > "To tell and ask microsoft: > > We will be setting up a microsoft sql server...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

Installing sql server 2000 on windows server 2008
We are migrating a windows 2003 server machine to windows server 2008. Can we still use sql server 2000 on it? I know it is unsupported, but sql 2000 is doing fine right now and don't want to spend the extra cash ...

Need your expertise in SQL Server and Windows Server 2003
Ei guys I�m Ryan from Philippines, I need your advice and recommendations about Windows 2003 Server and SQL Server 2000 installation. Well, here�s the scenario. First is for windows 2003 server: We have a windows 2003 server that is a Logon Server and we have at least 90 workstation here in our office to manage. The problem is when we connect to this logon server. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to connect the workstation to the server. My guess is the specs of the logon server. This is the Specs: An IBM computer with a pentium IV 3.0GHz processor, 512MB memory and a 40Gig Harddisk. Well, is that enough to be a logon server? What is the minimum requirements? Second, SQL Server: My boss wants me to setup a SQL Server in a Dell computer with 2.8GHz, a 512mb of memory and a 80Gig Harddisk. My question is also the same, Is it enough requirement? And another thing, my boss wants me to install a SQL Server right? Well he said that I should install it in the two partition, that�s Partition C: and D: (of course this is a dual OS of both Server 2003), so that�s two SQL server in one harddisk. His Strategy is to backup the database from C to D and if in case the server in C: went down then the other SQL (which is in D: drive) will start its operation. Is this the right thing to do for SQL server, I mean is this the proper way of doing things in SQL Server Administration? Is there any complications on this? Please guys, I need your advice and expertise about this incident. Thanks in Adva...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Installing SQL server 2000 on windows 2003
I am installing SQL server 2000 on windows 2003 and getting an error of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS -m -q -T4022-T3659 An error occured when trying to start this service (1053) I am installing SQL under the domain admin login so I do not think rights is an issue. Also the admin is in the domain administratiors group. It creates some of the directories under c:\program files\SQLSERVER. ...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2003 SBS
I have XP workstations and windows 2003 SBS. I setup an ODBC for an application (tried both User and System DSN), but after a few usage, I get the following error: Connection failed: SQLState: 'HY000' SQL Server Error: 0 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cannot generate SSPI context. Any ideas? Is this a bug? -- Thank you Please post only Hi This usually occurs when you are using Windows authentication and you can not connect to the AD to authenticate the credentials. This may be due to a network issue or you are not logged onto the domain. You may want to try using SQL Se...

Windows 2003 server enterprise Vs Pervasive.Sql v9 for Nt server
If I use a server with 8 Gb of Ram with Os win 2003 server enterprise. Does it BeakThrough the windows limitation of 2 Gb ram for a users process for the cache memory. No. However, if you disable the L2 cache, kick the L1 cache up to a high value (such as 800MB), and enable the System Cache, you'll have better PSQL performance, since the OS will cache file data in the other 6GB of memory. Goldstar Software Inc. Pervasive-based Products, Training & Services Bill Bach BillBach@goldstarsoftware.com http://www.goldstarsoftware.com *** Chicago: Pervasive Service & Support Cla...

MS SQL Reporting Service in Windows 2003 Server
Hi, I tried to Develop one Report in SQL Reporting Service. I have installed SQL Reporting Serivice in Windows 2003 machine. SQL Server Database is in another machine, running on Windows 2000. I developed and deployed the report and all went fine. When I tried to see the report through the Report Service Manager Web Page it is comming properly. But When I tried to See the report in another web page, I'm not able to see the images. But the Data is getting Displayed and only Image is not comming. When I exported the report to Excel, the Image is comming over there. I am using Report Viewer control (Which came as Sample Program) in the ASPX Page to render the report. I'm using SQL Server 2000 with SP3a and SQL Server 2000 reporting Service with SP1. I tried setting the Mime Time for the GIF image and even "*.*" in the Mime Type settings of IIS 6.0. Even then its not displaying the image. Can any one help me out in solving the problem? Thanks in Advance. With Regds Krish RS sp2 is an option. There have been a lot of fixes, but I can't tell if this specific one was in it. Regards -------------------------------- Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP Zurich, Switzerland IM: mike@epprecht.net MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/ "Krish" <jmkrish@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122361416.772274.179410@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I tried to Dev...

Standard Configuration of Windows 2000/2003 Server to act as Domino APP + Mail Server
Hello All Is there a guide to follow what steps are required in the configuration of a windows 2000/2003 server to act as a domino APP + Mail Server I.e lock down server, disk structure, services etc. Thank you :{) home@127.0.0.1 wrote: > Hello All > > Is there a guide to follow what steps are required in the configuration of > a windows 2000/2003 server to act as a domino APP + Mail Server > > I.e lock down server, disk structure, services etc. > > Thank you > > :{) > > You need almost no native processes running as D...

Explicitly fail a SQL Server Job in SQL Server 2000
I have a SQL Server job, which runs mutiple steps. One of the steps (step 3) looks for a record in the database. How can I explicitly fail the SQL server job if the database record does not exist? You can use RAISERROR with a severity level of 11 or higher to indicate failure. Simon Thanks Simon. That worked. ...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Can Analysis Server and Report Server run on SQL Server 2000 Cluster
I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on SQL Server 2000 before. Now I have been asked to install these on a failover Cluster we have. Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. When I ran the install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. After it said it successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow problem. Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)? -- Mark D Powell -- On Aug 10, 2:57=A0pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow...@eds.com> wrote: > I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on > SQL Server 2000 before. =A0Now I have been asked to install these on a > failover Cluster we have. > > Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our > network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. =A0When I ran the > install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it > recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. =A0After it said it > successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow > problem. > > Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)? > > -- Mark D Powell -- I had found a document that said RS 2000 can run on a cluster but what the document had not made clear is that while the RS 2000 database can be on a cluster that RS its...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003 - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

The Windows Blog

Apple announces 9.7 inch iPad Pro, targeting existing iPad and Windows users
As part of its media event, Apple has announced a new 9.7 inch version of the iPad Pro from $599 . It features much of the same internals as ...

This is Android N’s freeform window mode
"Freeform Window Mode" running on the Android N Developer Preview. 11 more images in gallery Last week we wrote about the " Freeform Window ...

Manage, move and resize your desktop windows with WinDock
... behave just as it always did. If you don’t need WinDock’s configurability, AquaSnap delivers improved snapping, and a lot of extras: window ...

The only Windows 10 tablet you should even consider is now cheaper than ever
... means people who have purchased it over the past nine months have spent their money wisely. On the other hand, it means that Microsoft's Windows ...

Apple thinks you'll replace your Windows PC with one of its new iPads
... isn't shy about using it to steal away Microsoft users. "You might not know this, but the majority of iPad Pro users are coming from a Windows ...

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
As it turns out, Google’s Multi-Window in Android N isn’t the only new multi-tasking functionality the Android team has added. If you read closely ...

Microsoft Rolling Out Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone 8.1 Devices
DAILY VIDEO: Microsoft begins Windows 10 rollout for Windows Phone 8.1; Google to boost mobile-friendly Web pages in search results; EMC notches ...