SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases

While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server
2000 servers to a new network domain.  Since then the maintenance job
has not ran.

The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject
line.  I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server
site.  Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)

Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server
> 2000 servers to a new network domain.  Since then the maintenance job
> has not ran.
>
> The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject
> line.  I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server
> site.  Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it.

I would try

  select * from master..sysdatabases
  where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1

and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties
for Databaseproperty that you should search for.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
1/30/2007 10:30:54 PM
On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote:
> Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes:
>
> > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server
> > 2000 servers to a new network domain.  Since then the maintenance job
> > has not ran.
>
> > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject
> > line.  I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server
> > site.  Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it.
>
> I would try
>
>   select * from master..sysdatabases
>   where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1
>
> and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties
> for Databaseproperty that you should search for.
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 athttp://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books...
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 athttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

As I suspected none of the databases are reported as being recovered.
According to the SQL Server Logs everything is fine.  But the SQL
Agent reports that it is waiting to recover databases.

I noticed that the status codes of 64, 128, and 256 were pre-recovery,
recovering, and not recovered so I looked for these.  The best I can
tell every database is available.

Thanks anyway.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can
look at.

-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)
1/31/2007 3:06:10 PM
Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes:
> As I suspected none of the databases are reported as being recovered.
> According to the SQL Server Logs everything is fine.  But the SQL
> Agent reports that it is waiting to recover databases.
>
> I noticed that the status codes of 64, 128, and 256 were pre-recovery,
> recovering, and not recovered so I looked for these.  The best I can
> tell every database is available.
>
> Thanks anyway.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can
> look at.

I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303287. Could this be applicable?
Note that if you have lightweight pooling enabled, you should be able
to turn it off without first enable "Allow updates".

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
1/31/2007 10:54:10 PM
On Jan 31, 5:54 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote:
> Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes:
>
> > As I suspected none of the databases are reported as being recovered.
> > According to the SQL Server Logs everything is fine.  But the SQL
> > Agent reports that it is waiting to recover databases.
>
> > I noticed that the status codes of 64, 128, and 256 were pre-recovery,
> > recovering, and not recovered so I looked for these.  The best I can
> > tell every database is available.
>
> > Thanks anyway.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can
> > look at.
>
> I foundhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/303287. Could this be applicable?
> Note that if you have lightweight pooling enabled, you should be able
> to turn it off without first enable "Allow updates".
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esq...@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 athttp://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books...
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 athttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx

Just now say your response, and yes this option was checked.  I am
waiting on a window when I will be allowed to cycle SQL Server to see
if this resolves the problem.

I will post back either way, but it may be a few days till I get a
window.

-- Mark D Powell --

0
Mark.Powell (1630)

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anythi...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

Step SQL Server Integration Services Package Error in SQL Server Agent
I have built a SSIS package which runs fine in BIDS. I went into Sql Server Management Studio and created a new job and job step. When I select the SQL Server Integration Services Package, I get the below error. There are no options on selecting a SSIS package. I searched this error for about 5 hours yesterday and the only solution I could find was a user who rebooted their server which fixed this problem. I did restart the server, which did not fix the problem. Can anyone help provide more information on this problem and the solution to it? Thank you, Jason. The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) (SqlManagerUI) ------------------------------ Program Location: at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.DTSJobSubSystemDefinition.Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.IJobStepPropertiesControl.Load(JobStepData data) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobStepProperties.UpdateJobStep() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobStepProperties.typeList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Ca...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpr...

Transfer Database from one Pervasive SQL 2000i server to Another Pervasive SQL 2000i Server
Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. Please advice ASAP Thanks Sajid Saeed Simply copy the files from one server to the other. Sajid Saeed wrote: > Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL > 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. > > Please advice ASAP > > Thanks > > Sajid Saeed If you are just wanting the whole database from one server on another copy the files over. May need to set up an engine DSN on the new server for SQL/ODBC acce...

Entreprise Manager error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '#####'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.(28000,18452)"
Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and what needs to be done to get a connection. I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed. I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt. Thanks in advance! In the future, please do not put part of your message in the subject line. Makes it harder to read. In any case, you're trying to do integrated login and don't have that login set up in the DB. You need to add that login, or change to a SQL Login. -- Greg Moore SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available! Email: sql (at) greenms.com http://www.greenms.com/sqlserver.html "byrocat" <strikemaster2000@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:a1fc2ee7-94f6-40e2-9da9-6358130e11f4@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and > what needs to be done to get a connection. > > I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed. > > I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is > coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt. > > Thanks in advance! ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Explicitly fail a SQL Server Job in SQL Server 2000
I have a SQL Server job, which runs mutiple steps. One of the steps (step 3) looks for a record in the database. How can I explicitly fail the SQL server job if the database record does not exist? You can use RAISERROR with a severity level of 11 or higher to indicate failure. Simon Thanks Simon. That worked. ...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Copy databases from SQL 2005 server to SQL Express
Two Windows 2003 server, one with SQL 2005 server, another with SQL Express. Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Thanks. Thanks (Thanks@work.com) writes: > Two Windows 2003 server, > one with SQL 2005 server, > another with SQL Express. > > Is it possible to copy databases from SQL 2005 to SQL Express? Yes, but I don't think you can use the Copy Database Wizard, but you will have to do it by hand. Which is not very difficult anyway. On source machine backup database, and make note of the logical filenames. (You see these with sp_helpdb). ...

MS SQL Server 2005
I am currently running SQL Server 2005 on a stand alone (not a domain member) Windows Server 2003, this server was installed during setup using local user accounts as service accounts. As far as I recall at the time everything, including the SQL agent functioned normally. At this time, the server itself still seems to be running fine, however the SQL Agent service will not start. I can not be sure as up until recently we haven't really been using the SQL Agent, however I believe the problem would have started around the time that service pack 1 was installed. The following is the event log error message that is generated everytime the SQL Agent service attempts to start: ### Event Type: Error Event Source: SQLSERVERAGENT Event Category: Service Control Event ID: 103 Date: 7/24/2007 Time: 3:55:22 PM User: N/A Computer: DBSERVER Description: SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: SQLServerAgent must be able to connect to SQLServer as SysAdmin, but '(Unknown)' is not a member of the SysAdmin role). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ### Please note that where the error message should indicate the name of the service account (svc_sqlagent) it instead indicates "Unknown". Also that SQL Server database engine running under the its own local user service account (svc_sqlserver) works fine. I have since tried recreating and reassigning a new local user service account for the SQL Agen...

SQL Server 2000 Failover Cluster upgrade to SQL Server 2005
I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) database that it finds on the server. When I ckeck the install details it tells me that "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found appear to apply. Any ideas? -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) > to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the > installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) > database that it finds on the server. > > When I ckeck the install details it tells me that > "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" > > I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found > appear to apply. > > Any ideas? Exactly when do you get this error? And do you have a cluster in the first place? I have not run that many upgrades (if any at all) to SQL 2005, but do you really select which *database* to upgrade? The upgrade is per instance, as far as I know. In any case, it may be simpler to install a new server instance rather than upgrading, not the least on a cluster. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: h...

Restore of Case Insensitive Database to a Case Sensitive Database
Yesterday I received a response to my CI/CS Collation problem and the recommendation was to try and restore a CI Collation database to a CS Collation database. After creating a blank CS database a full restore (Force restore over existing database) does change the Collation to CI. I'm unsure as to how I can restore without changing the Collation. Any suggestions? Hi. Check out this article: http://www.sql-server-performance.com/vg_database_comparison_sp.asp If appears that if you can put the CI db on another box and create a linked server to it you should be able to bring over every...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

SQL Server Agent + SQL Mail
Hi, I've been able to successfully configure SQL Server Agent to send notification emails to an appropriate Operator in the event of an alert being fired. This all works fine on one condition - that Outlook client is running on the server. If Outlook is not running the alerts still be fired (i.e. the Occurance Rate still increases as and when expected), but the emails being generated will not be sent until the next time Outlook is opened. Clearly it's unwise to rely on Outlook being open on the server at all times, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround to ensure these ...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

File Server Database Apps and SQL Server?
Like a lot of database developers, I often choose Jet for the back- end. I'm starting to worry about what will happen when Jet is deprecated. Ostensibly, Jet users like me must switch to SQL Server (or MSDE / SQL Express), but there's something I just don't understand. Without Jet, how will we create file server database applications? In other words, how will we create multi-user apps which use a file server to share data and don't require a database server? I've seen many discussions of Access vs. SQL Server, but I've never seen this question addressed head-on. I can speculate on three possible answers, but I'm not sure which one Microsoft intends: In a Jet-less world, 1) there will be no file server database apps, only database server apps. 2) there will be file server apps implemented somehow with SQL Server. 3) there will be file server apps, but Microsoft will cede this niche to its competitors; thus, we will use neither Jet nor SQL Server, but some other product, to implement them. If anyone knows where things are going, I'd be grateful if you share your understanding. -TC TC wrote: > Like a lot of database developers, I often choose Jet for the back- > end. I'm starting to worry about what will happen when Jet is > deprecated. Ostensibly, Jet users like me must switch to SQL Server > (or MSDE / SQL Express), but there's something I just don't > understand. > > Without Jet, how will we create file s...

Import XML file to database (MS Server 2000) using procedure (transact sql) ???
I must import some exemplary file to database (MS Srrver 2000) ofcourse using procedure Transact SQL. This file must: 1.Read the xml file 2. Create table 3. Import this date from xml file to my database Ps. I create procedure who File xml imports to base, but unfortunately she only schedule when earlier create a table or table is created.So I need (I think) create such mini parser in language transact SQL. Does someone have some ideas? For every help Thanks ==== example file xml =========================================== <root> <Cust> <IDosoby>1</IDosoby> <Imie>Lukasz</Imie> <Nazwisko>Przypadek</Nazwisko> </Cust> <Cust> <IDosoby>2</IDosoby> <Imie>Dariusz </Imie> <Nazwisko>Mroz</Nazwisko> </Cust> <Cust> <IDosoby>3</IDosoby> <Imie>Tomasz</Imie> <Nazwisko>Kolo</Nazwisko> </Cust> </root> =========================================================== -- Luk Not sure of the exact requirement. But if you can parse the XML and then using OPENXML shred it into a new table. SELECT * INTO <MyNewTable> FROM OPENXML (@idoc, '/root/') Where @idoc is the document handle of the internal representation of an XML document. -- HTH, Vinod Kumar MCSE, DBA, MCAD, MCSD ...

Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine.
I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL Server on another machine. Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. Thanks in Advance! gdev (paul.afamdi.okeke@gmail.com) writes: > I'm Trying to create a linked server from an SQL Server to another SQL > Server on another machine. > > Can anyone suggest some good reference material or tutorials?? So far > I'm only finding examples for a linked server to an ACCESS database. There are plenty of examples in the topic for sp_addlinkedserver. In many cases, it is as simple as: exec sp_addlinkedserver THATSERVEROVERHERE exec sp_serverioption THATSERVEROVERTHERE, 'data access', true Authentication does not always work though, and in this case sp_addlinkedsrvlogin comes to the rescue. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx ...

keep gettting errors using Sequel ODBC::Error: 37000 (170) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driv er][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '1'.
i am trying to connect to MSSQL server from xP i have the following problem for any sql. pl help ODBC::Error: 37000 (170) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driv er][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '1'. D:\Documents and Settings\>irb irb(main):001:0> require 'odbc' => true irb(main):002:0> require 'Sequel' => true <c('LPM', :user=>'resum', :password=>'ms_0416') => #<Sequel::ODBC::Database: "odbc:resum:ms_04166@/LPM"> irb(main):004:0> require 'rubygems' => false irb(main):005:0> a...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
... companies – Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) – both made it easier for Oracle's (NYSE: ORCL) customers to move their databases ...