SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!?

Hello,

I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then installed
SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then uninstalled SQL
2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I open SQL Server
Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 engine. In the Object
explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL 2000 Server, because I can
see the existing SQL 2000 databases).

How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 database
engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because there is the
'sqlservr.exe' process running, and during installation there is no issues.

When I open SQL Server Management Studio, I choose 'Database Engine', then
my local Servername with Windows Authentication. How do I connect to the SQL
2005 instance?

Thanks,
Jack.

0
jack7893 (5)

Jack (jack@nospam.com.uk) writes:
> I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then
> installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then
> uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I
> open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000
> engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL
> 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases).
>
> How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005
> database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because
> there is the 'sqlservr.exe' process running, and during installation
> there is no issues.

Did you actually try to connect to it? Your Express instance was presumably
called SQLEXPRESS, but you did not use this instance name when you installed
Enterprise/Standard edition.

You can use SQL Configuration Manager to view which instances you have
installed, and whether they are running.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
8/9/2006 4:31:56 PM
Hi Erland ,

When I open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) a window pops up asking me
to 'Connect To Server'. This works fine because when I connect, SSMS
contains the databases that I had previously defined in SQL Server 2000. I
still can't see anywhere to connect to a SQL 2005 instance. I then launch
SQL Server Configuration Manager (SSCM) which contains no information in any
of the items in the tree.

Even if I do not connect using SSMS, SSCM still contains no information in
any of the items in the tree. At:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=93&SiteID=1 someone
asked how to create an instance and apparently you have to do this by
putting in the CD and re-run the installation. I did this, but when
selecting " Run the SQL Native Client Installation Wizard" it says that I've
got a higher version and cannot finish. (The reason for this is thatI've
installed the SP1). How can I create a new instance (like, what tool?) so I
can connect to one?

I'm not sure why this is so difficult for me?

Jack.

"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel@sommarskog.se> wrote in message
> Jack (jack@nospam.com.uk) writes:
>> I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then
>> installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then
>> uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I
>> open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000
>> engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL
>> 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases).
>>
>> How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005
>> database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because
>> there is the 'sqlservr.exe' process running, and during installation
>> there is no issues.
>
> Did you actually try to connect to it? Your Express instance was
> presumably
> called SQLEXPRESS, but you did not use this instance name when you
> installed
> Enterprise/Standard edition.
>
> You can use SQL Configuration Manager to view which instances you have
> installed, and whether they are running.
>

> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

jack7893 (5)
8/12/2006 9:25:25 AM
Jack (jack@nospam.com.uk) writes:
> When I open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) a window pops up asking me
> to 'Connect To Server'. This works fine because when I connect, SSMS
> contains the databases that I had previously defined in SQL Server 2000.

In this window you can specify a different server instance, for instance
..\MMV if MMV was the name you gave to the SQL 2005 instance. On the
other hand:

> I then launch SQL Server Configuration Manager (SSCM) which contains no
> information in any of the items in the tree.

It does not seem that you have any SQL 2005 instances installed at all.

> apparently you have to do this by putting in the CD and re-run the
> installation. I did this, but when selecting " Run the SQL Native Client
> Installation Wizard" it says that I've got a higher version and cannot
> finish. (The reason for this is thatI've installed the SP1). How can I
> create a new instance (like, what tool?) so I can connect to one?

If you already have SQL Native Client installed, there is no need to
install it. Just pick "Server components, tools, Books Online and samples"
under the "Install" header.

Pay particular attention when it comes to selecting an instance. If you
select default instance, you will upgrade you SQL 2000 instance. There is
also a button where you can view installed instances.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
8/12/2006 12:12:55 PM
Thanks Erland.

After many, many hours I finally got it working:

When I originally installed SQL 2005 I installed it with the 'default
instance' option. I wrongly assummed that it would have set up a default
'SQL 2005' instance, but what it seemed to have done was take the EXISTING
SQL 2000 instance and treated this as the default. This is why there were no
SQL 2005 instances created.

You have to press the 'Change' button in Add/Remove programs for SQL 2005 to
get the installation running again, and NOT the CD. This is the only way
that I know of to create instances in SQL2005

Again, thanks so for your help and direction.

Regards,

> Jack (jack@nospam.com.uk) writes:
>> When I open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) a window pops up asking
>> me
>> to 'Connect To Server'. This works fine because when I connect, SSMS
>> contains the databases that I had previously defined in SQL Server 2000.
>
> In this window you can specify a different server instance, for instance
> .\MMV if MMV was the name you gave to the SQL 2005 instance. On the
> other hand:
>
>> I then launch SQL Server Configuration Manager (SSCM) which contains no
>> information in any of the items in the tree.
>
> It does not seem that you have any SQL 2005 instances installed at all.
>
>> apparently you have to do this by putting in the CD and re-run the
>> installation. I did this, but when selecting " Run the SQL Native Client
>> Installation Wizard" it says that I've got a higher version and cannot
>> finish. (The reason for this is thatI've installed the SP1). How can I
>> create a new instance (like, what tool?) so I can connect to one?
>
> If you already have SQL Native Client installed, there is no need to
> install it. Just pick "Server components, tools, Books Online and samples"
> under the "Install" header.
>
> Pay particular attention when it comes to selecting an instance. If you
> select default instance, you will upgrade you SQL 2000 instance. There is
> also a button where you can view installed instances.
>
> --
> Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
>
> Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
> Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at

jack7893 (5)
8/13/2006 12:36:47 AM
Jack (jack@nospam.com.uk) writes:
> When I originally installed SQL 2005 I installed it with the 'default
> instance' option. I wrongly assummed that it would have set up a default
> 'SQL 2005' instance, but what it seemed to have done was take the
> EXISTING SQL 2000 instance and treated this as the default. This is why
> there were no SQL 2005 instances created.

In that case, the existing SQL 2000 instance would be upgraded, but maybe
you managed to back out of that.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)

Can't 'see' HP7410 memory_card from one computer..
Perhaps some kind soul here might be able to help me resolve this issue. I have installed the HP7410 printer software to three laptops in my home office. On *one* laptop, however, when I try to access the network volume that's created at \\printeradddress\memory_card I get the message "An error occurred while reconnecting Z to \\printeradddress\memory_card Microsoft Windows Network - Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network administrator. The connection has not been restored." I have NO idea what's installed different on the one laptop when compared to the others but it's really frustrating. Can anyone here make any suggestions? I've tried un-installing and re-installing the drivers, turning off the firewall, but nothing seems to help. -- Thanks to Google Groups - I now MISS AOL users... :( ...

Can't see Clie pegn760c's MS as removable drive in WXPPro
Is the subject pretty self-explanatory? I did it onec, but after, Hotsync didn't work so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. ...

Can't get patches via smpatch, update manager, web, or wget; can't re-register with sconadm or update manager
I have a Sun software support contract. Since the new My Oracle thing went alive, I've been unable to update via smpatch or the update manager--voluminous Java error messages in / var/adm/messages include: Jan 23 16:33:41 osprey root: [ID 702911 user.error] => com.sun.patchpro.util.CachingDownloader@16c79d7 <=Downloader.getResponseCode() : IOExceptionNo route to host Other messages seem to suggest failure to use a proxy server (I have no proxy server here), although my network is behind a Solaris 10 'ipfilter' firewall that nat's the internal hosts. I&#...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Can't see my DNS's

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't see computer hardwired to router, can see wireless computers
I have a network with one desktop, two laptops, and d-link di-624 router. Desktop (98se) is hardwired to router. One laptop (98 se) has d-link dwl g650 adapter. Other laptop (xp-home) has built-in Atheros adapter. All three do internet just fine. Laptops can see each other just fine. Laptop with d-link adapter and desktop can see each other fine. Problems are with laptop with xp (built-in Atheros) and desktop. Laptop doesn't see desktop at all nor the printer attached to it. I'm getting a message at that machine saying network cable not connected. Desktop sees laptop in...

can I 'group' and 'concat' (instead of 'sum') ?
Hello, I know commands : select number, count(*) from db group by number and : select number, sum(size) from db group by number but is there the same command for the 'concat' function ? Something like : select number, concat(tag) from db group by number If not, how can I do it ? For example, I have a table (number, tag) : (1, 'EX11'), (1, 'EX12'), (2, 'EX21'), (3, 'EX31'), (3, 'EX32'), (3, 'EX33')... I'd like to have a result : (1, 'EX11EX12') (2, 'EX21') (3, 'EX31EX32EX33...

Can Find Printers, and Get on the Net but can't See any Servers
This is an interesting perdicament, I have one computer on our network that is unable to 'see' any servers (either Appletalk or via TCP-IP address.) The wierdness, is TCP/IP is working (I can get on the internet), and AppleTalk also works, I can see the laserwriters on the network too. But doing Appleshare on the Chooser results in no servers (though I can see them on other macs, so it's not the Server), specifying the TCP/IP address pauses the system and responds cannot find any servers... Any Clues? (My next action is backup and clean install, yuk. I am thinking the file sys...

Why can't I see Leythos's posts?
As stated in the subject line, for some reason I do not 'get' any of Leythos's posts. As far as I can tell I do not have him in my killfile so what gives? The only way I currently can tell that he posted/posts something at all is when somebody replies directly to his post. -- Must we have FUD 4 ever? "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:13bmq3v7m3uc2dc@corp.supernews.com: > As stated in the subject line, for some reason I do not 'get' any of > Leythos's posts. > As far as I can tell I do not have him in my killfile so what gives? > The only way I currently can tell that he posted/posts something at > all is when somebody replies directly to his post. Leythos's posts use a from address of void@nowhere.lan. I see from your headers you use News Rover, which has at least three methods of filtering: block messages from sender, block messages from site, and exclude expressions. Either one of those is causing the problem, or your Usenet PROVIDER is blocking certain messages as spam (unlikely). Try a different newsreader temporarily to find out. In article <13bmq3v7m3uc2dc@corp.supernews.com>, par@noyd.invalidname says... > As stated in the subject line, for some reason I do not 'get' any of > Leythos's posts. > As far as I can tell I do not have him in my killfile so what gives? > The only way I currently can tell that he posted/posts something at all is > when some...

'^=' and '~='?

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y" tells you whether x and y actually refer to the same object. In the case of singletons like None (there's only one None object), it's better to use "is". "ElChino" <elchino@cnn.cn>: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: Do the following: take two $10 bills. Hold one bill in the left hand, hold the other bill in the right hand. Now, the bill in the left hand "is not" the bill in the right hand. However, the bill in the left hand "==" the bill in the right hand. > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. In almost all cases, both tests would result in the same behavior. However, the "is not" test is conceptually the correct one since you want...

Sql Server ODBC applet won't start can't configure problem
Hi, I am trying to add a new ODBC entry for Sql Server, XP Pro. SP2, sqlserver odbc 2.000.8xxxxxxx. All it does when I hit "Add" show the hour glass for a millisecond and then it does nothing. I also had a program that created entries in the background for its use. The program kept failing, so I checked the ODBC entries. This is where I found I could not add. I also could not configure existing ones. (the program has nothing to do with the odbc itself.) In the event viewer is the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: SQL Server ODBC driver support error Event Category: N...

I can see qdisc/prio/bfifo filled by datas but can't see any traffic prioritization
Hi, My gateway server (192.168.0.1) is also a brutal adsl up/downloader. I want my local network clients to get though this brute box without being slowed. I used iptables to mark the packets and a prio root qdisc with 3 bfifo queues with 3 filters : # iptables script on the gateway iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -s 192.168.0.10 -o ppp+ -j MARK --set-mark 5 iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -s 192.168.0.11 -o ppp+ -j MARK --set-mark 6 iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -o ppp+ -j MARK --set-mark 7 # tc script on the gateway tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root handle 1: prio tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:1 handle 10: bfifo limit 10000000 tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:2 handle 20: bfifo limit 1000 tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:3 handle 30: bfifo limit 1000 tc filter add dev ppp0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 5 fw flowid 1:1 tc filter add dev ppp0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 6 fw flowid 1:2 tc filter add dev ppp0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 7 fw flowid 1:3 ------------- It seems that the routing works accordingly. See the stats given by : iptables -t mangle -L -v --line-numbers tc -s -d qdisc show Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 878 packets, 654K bytes) num pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination 1 521 632K MARK all -- any ppp+ bigpc.home anywhere MARK set 0x5 2 0 0 MARK all -- any ppp+ pthp.home anywhere MARK set 0x6 Chain OUTPUT (policy ...

why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size?
why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size? entrepreneur schrieb: > why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's > of large size? A search engine cannot distinguish between files that are stored physically on a webserver and answers that are generated on the fly, like by scripts. It's a simple exercise to generate a cgi script that generates a list of some million random words, even non-stop-words. So the programmers of a search engine must apply different strategies to handle fake documents. Such strategies might be - index only the first n megabytes of a document - index only documents with a ranking higher then m. - index only documents from websites that seem to honest. Of course, the search engine engineers won't hand out their junk fighting strategies, these are business secrets. Regards, Joachim > A search engine cannot distinguish between files that are stored > physically on a webserver and answers that are generated on the > fly, like by scripts. > > It's a simple exercise to generate a cgi script > that generates a list of some million random words, > even non-stop-words. > > So the programmers of a search engine must apply > different strategies to handle fake documents. > Such strategies might be > - index only the first n megabytes of a document > -...

Can see Suse and Window server, but can't access SuSe shares
Using LinNeighborhood to look at network.I'm running SUSE 9 on the system.. have no clue what happened. I use to be able to see the Suse box and the Window boxes on the network. Now i can see the SuSe box..but can't access the shares. I can still see and access the window boxes.. and they can see the SuSe box and access them. Just can't get the SuSe box to access itself from the LAN network. I see alot about not being able to see the window boxes and stuff.. but can't find how to configure this box to access itself thru the LAN. ...

Messages . . . Now you see them . . . Now you don't . . . Guess Epson can't stand criticism
Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after posting to this newsgroup . . . or maybe an Epson sympathiser had a hand in deleting the message. I can still see loads of messages in here that are critical of Epson. Hey if they all dissappeared the NG would be allmost empty! CrimsonLiar "Raymond Owen" <raymwo@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:40761d03_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after > posting to this newsgroup . . . or maybe an Epson sympathiser had a hand in > deleting the message. > > In article <40761d03_1@news.iprimus.com.au>, "Raymond Owen" <raymwo@iprimus.com.au> wrote: > Isn't it amazing how a message critical of Epson can vanish soon after > posting to this newsgroup . . . OK, now, put your foil helmet and repeat after me: no one is cancelling Usenet posts. It's very, VERY difficult to do this. Maybe impossible. Can you give us an example of one of these posts? I'll go look it up for you. You *do* know that your newsreader marks a message as having been read and then doesn't show it to you again, don't you? You can tell your newsreader not to do that, but it makes reading news a whole lot harder. You can also tell your newsreader to go back and fetch things that it's already marked as having been read. You can also go to Go...

XSL: I'm doing something wrong, and I can't see it!
This is supposed to be a very simple XSL stylesheet to strip styling information out of HTML documents - it could not be more basic. And yet, it doesn't work. I'm obviously getting something very basic wrong and for the life of me I can't see it. Please, somebody, cast your eyes over this and tell me what's wrong! First, the XSL stylesheet: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <!-- strip out styling --> <xsl:output indent="yes" method="xml" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"/> <xsl:template match="style"> <xsl:comment> Don't carry style through </xsl:comment> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="font"> <span> <xsl:apply-templates/> </span> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="*"> <xsl:element name="{name()}"> <xsl:for-each select="@*"> <xsl:choose> <xsl:when test="name()='style'"> <!-- nothing --> </xsl:when> <xsl:when test="name()='STYLE'"> <!-- nothing --> ...

Can't see `libgnome-2.0.pc'?
When I try to install some other application, the error message was "No package 'libgnome-2.0' found Package libgnome-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnome-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable" My system seems to have libgnome library because /usr/lib contains "libgnome.a libgnome.so libgnome.so.32 libgnome.so.32.4.3" even though the version is not known. I'd like to solve this problem by placing libgnome-2.0.pc under /usr/lib/pkgconfig. But I don't know...

Servlet can't communicate with 'Database made using XML' !
Iam making an application in which the user logs in by entering username and password through a Servlet , Usernames and passwords are already stored in an XML document on the server , the Servlet has to just parse the XML document and verify the username and password iam using 'Apache Tomcat 4.1.12' and 'JAXP api for XML' processing THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE RUNNING THE SERVLET IT IS THROWING EXCEPTIONS(NULL POINTER EXCEPTION) THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO PARSE THE XML FILE ! IT ALSO GIVES 'http-ERROR 500' PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP>>>>>>>>> Abhishek Agrawal wrote: > Iam making an application in which the user logs in by entering > username and password through a Servlet , > > Usernames and passwords are already stored in an XML document on the > server , the Servlet has to just parse the XML document and verify the > username and password > > iam using 'Apache Tomcat 4.1.12' and 'JAXP api for XML' processing > > THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE RUNNING THE SERVLET IT IS THROWING > EXCEPTIONS(NULL POINTER EXCEPTION) THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO PARSE THE XML > FILE ! > IT ALSO GIVES 'http-ERROR 500' > > PLEASE IF ANY ONE CAN HELP>>>>>>>>> Please don't use all caps. It makes you look rude. Anyway, you'll need to show us your code + xml file, otherwise noone here will be able to tell what you'r...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Can't find 'Prototype' syntax in JavaScript Bible'
'JavaScript Bible' v6 by Danny Goodman doesn't seem to describe the snytax used in Prototype.js. Namely, I could not find discussion of 'Object.extend' and the ':' feature (e.g., 'toColorPart:'), as in: Object.extend(Number.prototype, { toColorPart: function() { var digits = this.toString(16); if (this < 16) return '0' + digits; return digits; }, Similarly (or perhaps, not so similar), what this is about: var Try = { these: function() { .... } } Can someone please tell me where to find this in the book, or if it's n...

Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql'
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 I have apache 2.2 and am running the most current version of mySQL. I cannot get DBD::mysql to install. I have downloaded the perl module form CPAN and tried both automated and manual installations. During the make test step the module fails and gives me the following error. Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Mysql.pm line 13 As far as I can tell the path is correct and I have not tried to install it anywh...

Web resources about - SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!? - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver