Event ID: 0
Date:  1/26/2005
Time:  11:23:28 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: MyComputer
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SQL Server ODBC driver
support error ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages
from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to
retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The
following information is part of the event: Unable to load SQL Server
ODBC driver resource DLL.  The application cannot continue.
..

I can't find anything on this.  I can't install the latest MDAC because
it says I am already up to date.
Does anyone know how to help?  Thank you.

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Problem updating bios V20Z. SP went ok, bios won't go and machines won't start anymore
Hi, Got three V20Z's here, which needed a SP/BIOS update. All updated to 2.4.0.10 SP without problem One of them updated BIOS to 1.35.2.2 without problem. The other two didn't want there BIOS updated. What even makes it worse is that they won't start at all anymore! Tried all sort's of things, resetting SP, clearing CMOS, reverting SP to older versios, etc. etc. Nothing which solved it This is what it shows when I try to update localhost $ platform set os state update-bios /mnt/sw_images/platform/firmware/bios/V1.35.2.2/bios.sp This command may take several minutes. Plea...

Why won't this work? (can't find prior posting of this problem)
I have a control on a form whose data source is: =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust"))) I have tried =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust","Total is 100%")) and =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%")) The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when it's 1. I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to 1.00. I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes. I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them via a form. Thanks Sara =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1;"Total is 100%"; IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1;"Total is Over 100% Please Adjust"; IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1;"Total is UNDER 100%";"Please Adjust"))) ...

Print Spooler won't start; dependent on lexbces.exe but that won't start either; So why?
Windows XP Home SP2 I have two Lexmark printers installed (or at least I used to). Actually, I have the Lexmark folders in Program Files, but the printers don't seem to be installed anymore. The printers are Lexmark 640 series Lexmark 2400 series They pretty much worked until just now. In the Printer and Faxes folder I only see the Add Printer and nothing else. When I try to start Add Printer, I get an alert saying the Printer Spool service isn't running. When I go to (run) services.msc , I find that Print Spooler is stopped. (It's stopped and) It won'...

SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!?
Hello, I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases). How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because there is the 'sqlservr.exe' process running, and during installation there is no issues. When I open SQL Server Management Studio, I choose 'Database Engine', then my local Servername with Windows Authentication. How do I connect to the SQL 2005 instance? Thanks, Jack. Jack (jack@nospam.com.uk) writes: > I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then > installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then > uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I > open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 > engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL > 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases). > > How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 > database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because &...

Can't Open VB Editor and VB scrip won't run AFTER reopening database
I created a database, thought all was fine until I quit it and opened it again. The VB wouldn't run, I couldn't open the editor from design view of any form, and when I tried to open it through the menu, all I would get is a corrupted window (no scroll up button, no way to access the Project Explorer) containing just the one module I had, but I couldn't get to the Class Objects. I tried to compact and repair it, and decompile (that crashed Access). I then made a copy, set the Has Module property for all forms to No, imported everything into a new database, and wrote the code again (this time I exported all the class objects and the module before quitting in case I need them later). It was working fine until I quit it and opened it up again. Something else I tried (well I've tried all sorts of things) was to import just the tables and queries into a new database, create new forms, and copy and past the form objects on to them. I then copied and pasted the script back into the Class Objects. I thought there might have been something that was corrupted in one of the forms, and this was a way to avoid it. No joy. From much playing, I've come to the conclusion (I think) that if I import anything from this database into a new one, it will screw up the new one in the same manner. What's left to try? I'm not starting again so I'm prepared to give this up, it was just a more improved version of an already existing database I'...

samba won't become local master browser and can't resolve netbios names (broadcast address problem)
i am trying to set up samba 3.0.4 as a domain controller for a set of approximately 7 computers as a means of coordinating workgroup login passwords on each in my lab on my university campus. originally i used a linksys wireless router in gateway mode with its dhcp server enabled and everything worked magnificently when all the computers were behind this wireless gateway. i then decided that it would be better to open everything up and use the wireless router as a switch because there were other computers beyond the uplink cable that were using windows filesharing that i wanted to ac...

DBI problem: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061
I know this arises from time to time, and yes, I have tried everything mentioned in the MySQL reference manual I know the server (MySQL 5.1.50) is running. All of the following work perfectly: mysql -h localhost --port=33066 -u MyUID -pMyPassword merchants2 mysql -h 127.0.0.1 --port=33066 -u MyUID -pMyPassword merchants2 mysql -h 192.168.2.8 --port=33066 -u MyUID -pMyPassword merchants2 All the above connect and let me run any SQL statement. But the following scriptlet dies on the last statement with the error: DBI connect('database=merchants2;host=localhost','rejbyers',.....

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information In g++, I get two different results. Whith the code above, I get the following: test.cpp:12: invalid use of undefined type `class e' test.cpp:8: forward declaration of `class e' test.cpp:12: template argument 2 is invalid test.cpp:12: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ee' with no type When using &e::clone instead of &clone, g++ reports: test.cpp:12: Internal error: Segmentation fault. (with the same change, VC still has an internal compiler error) Unless, for some reason, I really can't use e from within e (which I know can't be right), I can't see the reason for these error messages. Anyone know what's going on? Should this code not compile anyway? Thanks for you time -CJ contact: http://stude...

Can't shutdown. Won't shutdown.
My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power button. I humbly obey but, when I switch on again, an annoying message tells me that the damned thing shut down unexpectedly. A minor and trivial niggle, I'm sure, but is there anything I can do to sort it? "Davo" <u33430@uwe> writes: >My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor >displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power >button. This sounds ...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't see all of the queries when merging to MS Word and can't get to reports
I'm working with a database developed by an untrained person over several years - and on a network that has recently been upgraded with a new server installed and MS office upgraded from 2K (I think - it might have been XP) to 2003. The database is impressive, both in what it does and the obtuse and inconsistent ways it works. There are several hundred queries, for example, with no indication of where they are used or if they are in fact necessary at all... The database is for the local Hospice service, and their entire operation is based on it - from patient records to donations. The database was developed in Access 2K and has not been converted, so it's being opened as an Access 2000 database in Access 2003. I tried converting to 2003, and didn't see any change in the bothersome behavior. There are several letters in MS Word that use the database as the source data for mail merges. Until the conversion, everything worked fine, but with the conversion, it became necessary to specify new locations for the source data for the merges. In MS Word 2003, when I try to open a new datasource, I can specify the MS Access database, but the format of the dialog box is significantly different than I am used to. I am presented with a list of "Views" and tables, with the Views apparently corresponding to the queries in the database. The difficulty is that, unlike in Access 2K, I don't seem to be seeing any query that contain parameters - at least I thin...

squid can't start, can't bind to port
I have a CentOS 5.2 server that for several weeks has been running squid on port 9765 with no problem (only accepting requests from certain external IPs). Some time yesterday it stopped working, and attempts to start squid now say only: [root@hostname28043 squid]# service squid start Starting squid: .................... [FAILED] The last lines of the cache.log file (whose dates correspond to the last time I attempted to start squid) say: 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE6 for i686- redhat-li nux-gnu... 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Process ID 3306 20...

HELP: Classic Won't Launch - Problems Have Escalated
System: MDD DP with OS 10.4.8. Three physical HD's. Two with Tiger installed (one is the major HD and the other is the emergency boot drive with just a virgin system on it) and one with just games, no OS. I tried to boot into OS 9.2.2 (this particular G4 is OS 9.2.2 bootable), It boots but once the desktop appears moving the mouse over the menu bar has no effect. Menus don't pull down and the only way to shutdown is via a hard shutdown. When I try Target Disk Mode with an iBook G4, the only drive that mounts is the games drive which has no system on it. I can't get the opitcal dri...

Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file
Hello, Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my pointer about. Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. Thanks!! Anthony Anthony wrote: ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Forms/Tables that can't/won't hold scroll
Hi all, I've tried finding an answer in the history, but only find a lot of historical posts where people didn't get answers to the same problem up to 5 or 6 years ago! I'm having a problem with Access2003 on Windows XP Pro where I often can't scroll. On some tables, I scroll vertically using the scroll bars, but when I let off the mouse button, it jumps back to whereever my cursor is. On some forms, if I don't have data to display, my users with smaller screens can't scroll to the right to see hidden buttons/drop downs. Does anyone know what's going on? Are these related problems? They don't happen in any other applications, and only in certain circumstances within Access. TIA, Jon On Mar 21, 12:48 pm, "jonceramic" <joncera...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I've tried finding an answer in the history, but only find a lot of > historical posts where people didn't get answers to the same problem > up to 5 or 6 years ago! > > I'm having a problem with Access2003 on Windows XP Pro where I often > can't scroll. > > On some tables, I scroll vertically using the scroll bars, but when I > let off the mouse button, it jumps back to whereever my cursor is. > > On some forms, if I don't have data to display, my users with smaller > screens can't scroll to the right to see hidden buttons/drop downs. > > Does anyone know what's going on? Are these relat...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

ODBC doesn't support stored procedures? This can't be true
In Chip Irek's "A PRIMER ON USING DB2 WITH .NET" (www.15seconds.com), he states that "...ODBC doesn't support DB2 stored procedures. So if you are building an application heavily dependant on stored procedures, you need to eliminate ODBC as your access method and consider OleDb or the managed provider." Mr Irek is an IBM Architect with Global Services and according to the article, someone with .NET experience. Now, I'd ask Mr Irek this question myself, but my email comes back undeliverable. Does he mean this for just for .NET applications? This ca...

Web resources about - Sql Server ODBC applet won't start can't configure problem - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver