Suggested DB Reverse Engineering tool...

Hi,

We have a SQL Server 2000 based system which carries 1000+ DBs
primarily setup as:
1 security DB,
1 transaction management DB,
1 message support DB, and
many many development DBs (as a suite of 3 DBs)

Now, one thing missing is the Data Model. :-)
Am slightly new to this area and what am looking for is some Open
Source/freeware tool/utility which can read through the DBs (dont mind
if it does one DB at a time) and get some ligitemate DB Model
(physical/logical) out. I have heard of MSVisio (with some APIs
probably)  but havent got chance to put my hands on it. DBDesigner4 is
an option but it creates plain report with table and columns with no
depiction for relations etc. Any help is much appreciated..
0
vikasrajp (2)

Vikas Rajput (vikasrajp@gmail.com) writes:
> We have a SQL Server 2000 based system which carries 1000+ DBs
> primarily setup as:
> 1 security DB,
> 1 transaction management DB,
> 1 message support DB, and
> many many development DBs (as a suite of 3 DBs)
>
> Now, one thing missing is the Data Model. :-)
> Am slightly new to this area and what am looking for is some Open
> Source/freeware tool/utility which can read through the DBs (dont mind
> if it does one DB at a time) and get some ligitemate DB Model
> (physical/logical) out. I have heard of MSVisio (with some APIs
> probably)  but havent got chance to put my hands on it. DBDesigner4 is
> an option but it creates plain report with table and columns with no
> depiction for relations etc. Any help is much appreciated..

If you want a full-blown data-modelling tool, the prime competitors
on the market are PowerDesigner (from Sybase), ERWin (from Computer
Associates) and Embrocadero. But open source and freeware they are
not. I only know about the pricing for PowerDesigner, and it's certainly
expensive, least of all if you only want support for physical data
modelling. (The price includes a bunch of other types of models.)

Red Gate has SQLDoc which also has a price tag, but a lot smaller than
PowerDesigner. But this is not a modelling tool, and may not give
you that much more than DBDesigner4 does (I'm not acquainted with
DBDesigner4.)

ApexSQL has a tool similar to Red Gate's, Apex SQLDoc.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)

SN#19538 Security Engineers Turn DTrace into Reverse Engineering Tool
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 122 Issue 1 2008-03-31 Article 19538 from section "Developer's Section" Re:trace Can Find Flaws in Both the Stack and Heap Security researchers Tiller Beauchamp and David Weston with the engineering firm Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) have developed a way to turn DTrace into a rootkit-like, reverse engineering tool that can be deployed to quickly locate application vulnerabilities and create exploits. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=19538 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

MS DB engines
I used to develop in Access but have been retired for 8 years. I may have to come out of retirement to help a non-profit body who cannot afford market prices. I have a feeling this is the first of many questions as I struggle to recall what I have forgotten in that time much less learn what has happened since (sigh). I have considerable experience with JET, a moderate amount with SQLserver and know nothing about ACE. Where can I read a reasonably unbiased comparison of ACE, JET and the 'home' version of SQLserver (or whatever it is called these days)? David Hare-Scott >I have considerable experience with JET, a moderate amount with = SQLserver >and know nothing about ACE. > >Where can I read a reasonably unbiased comparison of ACE, JET and the >'home' version of SQLserver (or whatever it is called these days)? > A great question. And the answer in terms of Access data engines? No change in what you did back then is required. So about the only thing important here is that ACE is the new default = data engine that Access uses. This new data engine is based based on the same code base as JET. So just like in the past, most access users and developers did not = really have to give this issue much consideration or thought. So for a small workgroup of a few users, there's not really a = requirement to use SQL server. However there are number free editions of SQL server available today, and their generally termed "expr...

Reverse Engineering Tool?
Hello, I don't use graphical tools during development. My current customer = wishes graphical models. So I'd like to have a tool which can reverse = engineer my database and create a model. Is there any reverse engineering tool which requires nearly no 'hand = work'? Any hint appreated. Andreas ...

Reverse engineering tools
Hi, I am trying to reverse engineer some software in C. Ideally I would like to use a free program that would scan for function calls and map the route of function calls in programs in a tree structure. ie. main() defined in a.c | ----------------> init_comms() defined in b.c | | | -------> write_to_port() defined in b.c | ----------------> start_state_machine() defined in f.c ... etc... Example code void main() { init_comms(); start_state_machine(); } Does anyone know of any existing programs that ca...

Reverse Engineering
Hi there. I am searching for a Tool what can help me to understand some Forth-code which already exists. My ideas are either structuring the code by myself or let them be by an editor. I thougt about some kind of a tree-structure-tool so I can visualize the words and its dependings. Of course it would be great if the basic words would be linked to each other so I would not have to build them twice. Another great possibility would be to have an editor which is able to recognize the colon-definitions and variables and so on and which can link the words in the higher context to the definit...

UML Reverse Engineering Tools
Hi all. I've downloaded a number of reverse engineering tools, and have realized that all of them ignore the composition/dependency relationship in the resulting class diagrams. At first I thought I was not configuring each tool well, but I found no option to consider the composition/dependency relationships in the generation of the class diagrams. My question is : is there no tool that does reverse engineering and honors this kind of relationship in the class diagrams ? Thanks in advance. Jehu. Responding to Hdez... > I've downloaded a number of reverse engineering tools, and have > realized that all of them ignore the composition/dependency > relationship in the resulting class diagrams. The first question is: why are you doing Reverse Engineering? Doing so is an approach of last resort to inferring requirements in an undocumented system. That is, one needs to create an SRS. However, once that SRS is created, the Reverse Engineering models should be tossed in the nearest trash bin. If the application is so badly documented and coded that one can't easily figure out what it does from the code, then it is extremely likely that all Reverse Engineering will provide are bad models. So one should never be tempted to use them as a basis of rebuilding the application. Unfortunately Reverse Engineering is a lousy tool for building an SRS, basically for the reason implied by your example. The reason the tools ig...

Reverse engineering databases into classes
Hi, I'm a computer science graduate student and I've assigned a task at the bioinformatics lab I work in at college. It consists in rebuilding public biological databases locally and building software to perform simple data mining on them. The most disturbing part of the job for me has been to build class diagrams based on database flat file format specifications and tables. I've started specializing towards software engineering recently but my knowledge and experience on the subject is rather limited. The books I've been studying have no specific pointers about this particular issue and all the methods I've been using to approach the problem tend to become ad hoc at some point of the job. I'm not even sure if this a software engineering issue. I'd be glad if some one with a bit of experience could point me in the right direction, a few literature references would do the trick I guess. Thanks in advance, Eden Cardim Eden wrote: > Hi, I'm a computer science graduate student and I've assigned a task at > the bioinformatics lab I work in at college. It consists in rebuilding > public biological databases locally and building software to perform > simple data mining on them. > The most disturbing part of the job for me has been to build class > diagrams based on database flat file format specifications and tables. > I've started specializing towards software engineering recently but my > knowledge and experience on...

Reverse engineer CREATE DATABASE sql
I've seen various scripts out there that can extract the CREATE DATABASE SQL for an existing SID, but most seem to be limited to version 8.1 or below. Has there been any newer scripts to extract the SQL for Oracle 10g databases? -Crispin <carkbster@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1154363562.556630.296730@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... | I've seen various scripts out there that can extract the CREATE | DATABASE SQL for an existing SID, but most seem to be limited to | version 8.1 or below. | | Has there been any newer scripts to extract the SQL for Oracle 10g | databases? | | -Crispin | Yes there is. Regards Michel Cadot carkbster@gmail.com wrote: > I've seen various scripts out there that can extract the CREATE > DATABASE SQL for an existing SID, but most seem to be limited to > version 8.1 or below. > > Has there been any newer scripts to extract the SQL for Oracle 10g > databases? > > -Crispin Metalink Note:1039149.6 and Note:211905.1 have some interesting ideas, though I don't know how 10ish they are. I just tried the script on an XE beta db and it seems to have worked. jg -- @home.com is bogus. And the number 3 selling game was: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060731/news_mz1b31game.html carkbster@gmail.com wrote: > I've seen various scripts out there that can extract the CREATE > DATABASE SQL for an existing SID, but most seem to be limited to > version 8.1 or below. > &...

Tool for reverse engineering C++ code
Is there any free tool available on web, which can create a UML tree out of a given C++ code. The project exists in .NET, so it would be good if tool directly takes .dsp as input. We have tried cppdoc, we are seeking other s/w which can give UML object hierarchy report. Any help is welcome. Thanks, Ashutosh Chaudhary. Responding to AshuC... > Is there any free tool available on web, which can create a UML tree > out of a given C++ code. The project exists in .NET, so it would be > good if tool directly takes .dsp as input. Any of the tools supporting round-trip development should be able to do that (e.g., Together, Rational Rose, NetBeans, et al). I got 29K hits when I googled "reverse engineering tool round-trip". Pick one. ************* There is nothing wrong with me that could not be cured by a capful of Drano. H. S. Lahman hsl@pathfindermda.com Pathfinder Solutions -- Put MDA to Work http://www.pathfindermda.com blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman (888)OOA-PATH AshuC wrote: > Is there any free tool available on web, which can create a UML tree > out of a given C++ code. The project exists in .NET, so it would be > good if tool directly takes .dsp as input. If you just want the inheritance graph, Doxgen (http://www.doxygen.org) together with graphviz/dot (http://www.graphviz.org/) is fine. If you need more, try BOUML (http://bouml.free.fr/) or Umbrello (http://www.umbrello.org) I hope this helps. ...

Reverse Engineering Sybase Database Creations
Does anyone have a script that reverse engineers databases in Sybase. So it basically reads SYSDATABASES and SYSUSAGES and re-creates the CREATE DATABASE, ALTER DATABASE and SP_LOGDEVICES commands. Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 had SP_HELP_REVDATABASE which seemed to do the trick for their product. Does anyone know if this script can be used for Sybase 10, 11 and 12? TIA, Victor Victor wrote: > > Does anyone have a script that reverse engineers databases in Sybase. > So it basically reads SYSDATABASES and SYSUSAGES and re-creates the > CREATE DATABASE, ALTER DATABASE and SP_LOGDEVICES commands. > > Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 had SP_HELP_REVDATABASE which seemed to do > the trick for their product. Does anyone know if this script can be > used for Sybase 10, 11 and 12? Try Googling for keyword "dbschema.pl" and "David Owen" as the author in this newsgroup. -am � 2003 ...

A tool for reverse engineer C++ code.
Hi friends, I am not sure whether this topic is relevant in this list. If not sorry for the SPAM :(. I am new to this list. Currently I am studying C++ language and Networking Protocols. In order to get a real feel of both I was going through YATE(http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki/) code. But I could not find a source browser like Vi+ctags+cscope for C in C++. Some where in Internet people are saying we can use cscope for C++, same time people are saying it is not complete. After a long search I got eclipse CDT IDE, so I am using it in Debian Linux. But it has no facility to reverse engineer C++ c...

Reverse engineering tools for Objective C
We are having a sizeable Objective C code that needs to be converted to C++. Is there a tool to generate class diagrams from source code? In article <10fae8fb.0411300513.e5ff537@posting.google.com>, amey_s_joshi@hotmail.com (Amey Joshi) wrote: > We are having a sizeable Objective C code that needs to be converted > to C++. Is there a tool to generate class diagrams from source code? Autograf will do this nicely. And it's free. Or else use Doxygen, and have it generate class diagrams. -- Tom "Tom" Harrington Macaroni, Automated System Maintenance ...

Reverse engineering MS access to Oracle
Hi...trying to reverse engineer an access database to Oracle with Powerdesigner 9. I'm attempting to do so via an ODBC. When I attempt to connect I get the following error: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'ALL_USERS'. Make sure it exists and that it's name is spelled correctly sqlstate = S0002 THen it is unable to list the tables and is looking for a file called sys.mdb. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks soooooo much! In article <42b00fd.0407201055.5e514cc8@posting.google.com>, Dave wrote: > Hi...trying to reverse engineer an access database to Oracle with > Powerdesigner 9. I'm attempting to do so via an ODBC. When I attempt > to connect I get the following error: > > The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query > 'ALL_USERS'. Make sure it exists and that it's name is spelled > correctly sqlstate = S0002 > > THen it is unable to list the tables and is looking for a file called > sys.mdb. > > Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks soooooo much! Couple of points: (1) That error message sounds awfully specific. It sounds like it is looking for a table or query called ALL_USERS....but it doesnt exist. Does such a table/query exist? That may be a good place to start.... (2a) Since this is Access, have you looked at the code it is running? That would be my first choice. (2b) You d...

Design Pattern reverse-engineering tools
Hi, I'm a PhD student writing a thesis on the practical (for me, that mostly translates to "industrial") usage of Design Patterns. In that context, I'm looking for and surveying tools that parse, reverse-engineer or otherwise analyse program code and (try to) detect Design Patterns in that code. I would be most grateful for any tips, pointers, or opinions on any tools you may know. Target languages are preferably C++ and Java, though anything widely used is in priniciple interesting. Ability to handle code volume (in terms of running time, memory, etc.) is an important aspect, together with the range of patterns recognised. Both commercial and non-commercial tools are of interest. -- Best Regards, Marek Vokac Simula Research Laboratory Oslo, Norway Not sure if any tools exist for reverse engineering of design patterns from code. I don't think it is practical to design such a tool. If you are looking for more real world examples of design patterns, the following links would help: http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/Patterns/ http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/PatternCatalog/ Sandeep -- http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio EventStudio 2.0 - Generate Sequence Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams in PDF "Marek Vokac" <marekv@simula.no> wrote in message news:<bpss52$smc$1@readme.uio.no>... > Hi, I'm a PhD student writing a thesis on the practical (for me, that mostly > translates to "industrial") usag...

open source reverse engineering tool for java
hello i am seeking for a open source reverse engineering tool for java. can any body tell some tools. i am used to understand for java. but i am permitted to use open source tools at work place and not trial software. so i am in need of such a open source reverse engineering tool. thanks in advance Look at JAD if you want to decompile java bytecode, and argoUML if you want to reverse engineer java code into UML artifacts. http://www.kpdus.com/jad.html http://argouml.tigris.org -cheers, Manish ...

best UML modeling tool : reverse engineering
Hi All, I am using Microsoft Visio 2007, for reverse engineering my project code to UML model. But some the classes are not getting detected by visio....especially classes having containment relationship. Can anybody suggest a "better" UML modeling tool that can extract classes having complex hierarchies or relationships. Thanks in advance. Regards, ashay Responding to Ashay.buradkar... > I am using Microsoft Visio 2007, for reverse engineering my project > code to UML model. But some the classes are not getting detected by > visio....especially classes having containment relationship. > > Can anybody suggest a "better" UML modeling tool that can extract > classes having complex hierarchies or relationships. The short answer would be: any other tool. MS has put a ton of money into extending VISIO's UML features and it is still utterly unusable for any serious UML modeling. UML drawing tools are not well known for user friendliness but VISIO has crossed over into user viciousness. Worse, it doesn't even support UML correctly. [Truth in advertising. PathMATE is a UML translation tool but it is a portable rear end for other drawing tools. So I don't have an special ax to grind other than the fact that I just got done doing 200+ plus diagrams in VISIO for my book.] Unfortunately the tools that support advanced features like reverse engineering tend to be very pricey. I haven't kept track of the shareware and...

Old database reverse engineering help sought
Hi, I have the task of migrating data from an early DOS/Windows application into SQL Server 2000. Any starting point advice would be most welcome. The purpose of this message is to see if anyone has ever worked with similar data files as I'm facing. Firstly, I am from a MS background with experience in VB and SQL 2k. This system (from 1994) uses a file-based relational (of sorts) data approach. Here is an extract from a help file: ------------------- A table comprises of at least three files: - the table definition file (.def) - the data file (.dat) - the data virt...

Any reverse engineering tools for C++ --> UML
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any reverse engineering tools to generate UML diagrams from C++ source code. If you happen to know some, please let me know. Thanks! Best wishes, Peng PengYu.UT@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm wondering if there are any reverse engineering tools to generate > UML diagrams from C++ source code. If you happen to know some, please > let me know. Thanks! > > Best wishes, > Peng > several....directly from Google.. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=c%2B%2B+uml+reverse+engineer&btnG=Google+Search&meta= > several....directly from Google.. > > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=c%2B%2B+uml+reverse+engineer&btnG=Google+Search&meta= There are so many of them. Do you have any recommendation on the best free tool which based on Unix/Linux. Thanks, Peng http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/ I think you should be able to download a fully functioning copy. It does forwar/reverse engineering fro several lanuages, including C++. I found it more powerful, and easier to use than Rational Rose, for a fraction of the cost. Regards Peter <PengYu.UT@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129929004.623192.138930@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm wondering if there are any reverse engineering tools to generate > UML diagrams from C++ source code. If you happen to know some, please > let me know. Thanks! > > Best wishes, > Peng > In article...

wanted: database publishing tool for MS Access
Hi, is there a good db publishing tool available? I'd like to create a autorun cd catalogue with a huge ms access db in the background. Markus There's runtime support available in the Office Developer Edition for Office 2002 and earlier, and in the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. You can package with runtime on a CD... if that meets your criteria for "publishing tool". You can also create a report and distribute that with a viewer but it is not as user-friendly as providing search capabilities with forms. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "jam" <mjauch@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:470b144b.0312190953.348b0a5c@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > is there a good db publishing tool available? I'd like > to create a autorun cd catalogue with a huge ms access > db in the background. > > Markus ...

best UML modeling tool : reverse engineering
Hi All, I am using Microsoft Visio 2007, for reverse engineering my project code to UML model. But some the classes are not getting detected by visio....especially classes having containment relationship. Can anybody suggest a "better" UML modeling tool that can extract classes having complex hierarchies or relationships. Thanks in advance. Regards, ashay On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:49:19 -0700, ashay.buradkar wrote: > Can anybody suggest a "better" UML modeling tool that can extract > classes having complex hierarchies or relationships. Good evening, Ashay. Try Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect (http://www.sparxsystems.com.au). I'm pretty sure they have a full-function limited-time demo version. I have been using it off and on for several years and it seems to work pretty well. If it does come up short on anything, the support people are right there to do all they can to help. ashay.buradkar wrote: > I am using Microsoft Visio 2007, for reverse engineering my project > code to UML model. But some the classes are not getting detected by > visio....especially classes having containment relationship. > > Can anybody suggest a "better" UML modeling tool that can extract > classes having complex hierarchies or relationships. Why not simplify the classes? -- Phlip http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/ "Test Driven Ajax (on Rails)" assert_xpath, assert_javascript, & assert_aja...

reverse engineering PostgreSQL db's on Apple
Hi folks, I am trying to make regular ERD's of a changing PostgreSQL DB available to developers at my organization. Two questions: 1. Is there a good product available to Mac OSX that can reverse engineer preexisting PostgreSQL DB's? So far I've had the best luck using Visio on Windows, but I primarily work on the Mac OSX and would prefer not to lug out to the Windows machine just for this task. 2. Is there a good way to automate this process? I want to make ERD's or make notes of changes weekly. Thanks -- Hi, > 1. Is there a good product available to Mac OSX that can reverse > engineer preexisting PostgreSQL DB's? So far I've had the best luck > using Visio on Windows, but I primarily work on the Mac OSX and would > prefer not to lug out to the Windows machine just for this task. You could give "Mogwai ERDesignerNG" a try. It is Open Source and allows either to store the model graphically (.png, .svg) or as XML. It is also available as Netbeans-Plugin. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mogwai/ > 2. Is there a good way to automate this process? I want to make ERD's > or make notes of changes weekly. You could easyly extend the existing application yourself or file a feature-request to support commandline options on http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=510780&group_id=65384&func=browse. Then the desired automation would be possible. HTH ...

MS Jet database engine stopped the process ... Error
I have an Access 2002 database on a diskette. When I try to open the file I get the error "The Microsoft Jeft database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." This file is on a floppy disk in my A: drive. Can anyone help me find out the issue please? Pat wrote: > I have an Access 2002 database on a diskette. When I try to open the > file I get the error "The Microsoft Jeft database engine stopped the > process because you and another user are attempting to change the same > data at the same time." This file is on a floppy disk in my A: drive. > Can anyone help me find out the issue please? I would copy it to the desktop. Is there an LDB file in the floppy? If so, try deleting it. "Pat" <ppuckett@lortobco.com> wrote: >I have an Access 2002 database on a diskette. When I try to open the >file I get the error "The Microsoft Jeft database engine stopped the >process because you and another user are attempting to change the same >data at the same time." This file is on a floppy disk in my A: drive. 1) Using a file on a floppy is troublesome and very slow. I've found floppies to be quite unreliable. 2) Copy it to your hard drive and see if the problem still exists. This is also a sign of corruption. For more information on corruption including possible causes, determining the offending PC, retrieving your data, lin...

Where do I get the latest version of the MS Jet database engine?
Hi Where do I get the latest version of the MS Jet database engine? Does one have to buy the MS JET engine? Regards Kjell Arne Johansen The Jet database engine is included with Access. You get the latest version with Access 2000 or 2002, then you update it with the (seven, I think) Service Packs that apply to it. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Kjell Arne Johansen" <kjell.arne.johansen@kongsberg-simrad.com> wrote in message news:3f325273.882669171@news.eunet.no... > Hi > > Where do I get the latest version of the MS Jet database engine? > > Does one have to buy the MS JET engine? > > Regards > Kjell Arne Johansen "Kjell Arne Johansen" <kjell.arne.johansen@kongsberg-simrad.com> wrote in message news:3f325273.882669171@news.eunet.no... > Hi > > Where do I get the latest version of the MS Jet database engine? > > Does one have to buy the MS JET engine? > > Regards > Kjell Arne Johansen Go to: http://www.mvps.org/access/ HTH Frank Morse-- MVP ...

MS Jet database engine error message
In Access'97, I am currently trying to run a Select query, which I normally run every week, without problem, until now. I am currently getting the following error message; The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time I'm not trying to change anything, nor do I believe that anyone else is, or should be in my database. Does anyone now what this means and how I can resolve it and continue with my normal process? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks Delete the LDB file when there's no-one using the MDB file (including you). Thanks for this, but unfortunately, there's no *.ldb file (have shown hidden file types etc). I'm currently running my SQ again, taking each tbl & qry out one at a time to see if I can pin-point the error. However, when viewing each tbl behind my SQ individual they're ok, as are the SQ's (there's two sub within the main one) when I run them seperately. Any more suggestions? Many thanks. ...

Web resources about - Suggested DB Reverse Engineering tool... - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

History of chemical engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chemical engineering as a discipline is a little over one hundred years old. It grew out of mechanical engineering in the last part of the 19th ...

Engineering best outcome for student Mai Duong who missed scholarship by a whisker
Vietnamese student who'd dreamt of a perfect score has started at Monash University thanks to a benefactor who is staying under the radar.

Elon Musk hires Apple’s alloy expert to lead materials engineering at both Tesla and SpaceX
... the only executive dividing his time between Tesla and SpaceX since the CEO hired Apple’s alloy expert Charles Kuehmann to lead materials engineering ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Uber eyes driverless cars, Carbon Engineering turns CO2 into fuel
... , Rumormill , Videos , Tesla , Alternative Fuels , Emissions , Transportation Alternatives , Technology , Autonomous , Electric Carbon Engineering ...

The majority of teens do not want a career in engineering
Teens understand the importance of technology and engineering for the future of the world, but aren’t really interested in pursuing a career ...

7 tips to ace a final-stage engineering interview at Facebook, from a developer who conducts them
... one. The company has 13,000 employees across 64 offices, and continues to scale in size and ambition. If you'd like to join Facebook's engineering ...

Unwritten Rules of Management Started out in Engineering and Didn't End up Well for the CEO
It could have been worse for all involved. In early 2006, the Interwebs were abuzz with talk of a little booklet William H. Swanson, the then ...

The Nine Lives of QA in Software Engineering
... years, we need to reflect for a moment on where QA has been — especially with the dire predictions in recent years that QA in software engineering ...

One Photo Sums Up The Engineering Brilliance Of El Chapo’s 2015 Prison Break
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, in Las Vegas, began to display an exhibit as of March 1 dedicated ...

Tumblr Hires NYT Engineering Exec Brian Murphy As CTO
He plans to improve on the micro-blogging platform's mobile products. Tumblr has poached the VP of Engineering at the New York Times , Brian ...