Tables are skipped or export failed error occurs when upsizing MS Access to MS SQL Server

Hello All

I got "Tables are skipped or export failed" error when I used upsizing
wizard on migrating MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000.

I am changing my application backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS
SQL Server 2000. My front end is MS Access interface. When I used the
MS Access 2000's Upsizing Wizard for database migration, some tables
cannot be migrated. The upsizing wizard report states some tables are
"Tables are skipped or export failed" and some are "updating report
does not have unique idex". Could you telll me how  I solve both of the
problems please?

My setting on upsizing wizard:
check the index, validation rules, default, table relationships
check the trigger radio button
no, never use the timestamp
create the link with the existing application

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Bon

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon Hi Bon, If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars. You need to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in the sql server table. And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text fields. If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get errors after exceeding 250 cha...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Export Access table into MS SQL server preserving Unicode characters?
Hi, usually, I'm not using MS servers, but I have a big problem with a Access table. I should create a web application for a Historical Dipartment. They have create a populated a Access database using unicode compression field (for ancient language). I would like to export this table into MySQL o Postgres, but it's impossible because when I export this table in a .txt o cvs format the unicode charaters have been "destroyed" for memory allocation problems (cause Access use a compression tool for unicode fields). Also with professional tools for dump Access to another DBMS....

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

MS Access conversion to MS SQL
Hi, I've been developing a database for a department in a local organisation. The database is in Microsoft Access and uses tables, queries, forms and reports. Written into the forms is vast amounts of visual basic. There are also a couple of macros. In the time I've been developing this database (a year now, as I went back to university, and then finished university and returned to finish off the DB) the organisation I've been working for have decided to start using MS SQL. The department I am working for aren't to happy as not only my database but most of theirs are in Access and no one seems to have actually used SQL or know anything much about it. Basically, I need to learn about how to convert from Access to SQL. I understand we use the upsizing wizard. I've managed to track down some of the rules I have to use in the conversion (like no spaces in names, no apostrophes etc), but I'd like to know if anyone could tell me more about the upsizing procedure. I'm also concerned about the vast amounts of forms I've made (It's a 109mb database with no data - all down to the forms!). What happens to these? Does SQL use forms, or will all of these be lost? And what about queries? Any information from someone who has knowledge of these things would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Stu. Hiya, An account of how I did it can be found at: http://www.cooldigitec.co.uk/NJW/15-AccessToSQLServer7.html Basically, 1. Close all database objects...

ODBC connection
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:23:48 +0200, "Kamyk" <marcinzmyslowski@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Hello all! > >I have such question to all of you. >I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing >query >based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than >the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked >but >imported to MS Access? > >Can you answer this question? > >Thank you in advance for posts >Marcin from Poland. > That depends on a lot of things... The most obvious thing it depends on is the size of the result set. In a client/server arrangement, you want to keep result sizes down, and do aggregation and filtering on the server. Next, how many people will be sharing the back-end data. Access slows down as soon as 2 people are sharing a JET back-end, but the server won't have this limitation. On the other hand, if the server is too slow, or you're trying to use MSDE with more users than it's optimized for, the server will be slow. There are m...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

General advice needed regarding MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL/PostgreSQL
I am working on two versions of an application, one of which will be a windows forms application (which will need to be redistributable) and the other will be a web application. I have MS Visual Studio 2005 (along with the developer's edition of MS SQL Server), but not MS Access. I also have MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sun's application server, Tomcat and Apache web server. I am working on Windows XP Pro, and have installed the .NET 3 SDK and all relevant related products I could find (e.g. 2 extensions packages for Visual Studio). I have one MS Access database, to which my users should have read only access. I have, and have used, a tool for importing MS Access databases into MySQL. I expect that SQL Server has a similar utility hidden somewhere (where I haven't yet looked, though I HAVE been looking - obviously in the wrong places). I have located a similar utility for importing MS Access databases into PostgreSQL. I have not yet decided which servers to use for the web version, but that is another story, for which I may raise another thread in due course (but I welcome suggestions which may reduce the effort required given required effort for the windows forms app). My problem is for the windows form aplication (intended for use by a single family). I expect to use ADO.NET. The question is, should I import the Access database into MS SQL, and redistribute it, along with MS SQL Server Express (or is that necessary), or distribute it just as an Access database a...

insert fails
Hi, I configured a linked server in MS SQL Server v8 pointing to a remote AS/400 DB2 database. I used Client Access ODBC driver (v7), installed it from a Client Access Express v4.5. Select/update/delete seems to be working fine, I just cannot execute an insert statement. Here's the error I'm getting: update as400..U1.TB1 set a = 4 select * from as400..U1.TB1 insert into as400..U1.TB1 ( a ) values (1) ------------------------------------------------------ Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 4 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. The provider did not give any inf...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England Automation may be a better idea (as the other respondent said). Alternatively, I know that I have seen a Microsoft document describing the Project db schema. I just can't remember where. Some googling should be able to find it. HTH, TC "Rob Mcc" <robmccormick@fsmail.net> wrote in message news:4d41d284.0311170143.3428b5d9@posting.google.com... > Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access > database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and > completion data of different projects, which is stored in the > database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so > that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will > automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can > refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any > one can give me any ad...

MS SQL Linked Servers(Linking MySQL to MS SQL) Collation problem.
Hello, I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? P?vels Mihailovs (iceravenlv@gmail.com) writes: > I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a > table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and > the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL > server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive > question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. > Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? Since I don't work with MySQL myself, it's difficult to say what is going on. But if MySQL has a notion of collation, and the collation is ucs2_general_ci, it sounds like MySQL returns Unicode data. One would expect that to arrive unscathed. What is you collation on the SQL Server side? The stored procedure sp_serveroption permits you to set options for linked servers, and two of them relates to collations. You could play around with these and see what happens. Please look in Books Online for details. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/techn...

1* Exporting data from Ms Access to Ms Project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites, books that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England There is code to write from Access to Project in Scott Barker's "Access 2000 Power Programming". Never automated Project, but the rest of his code worked a charm, so that should too. ...

JDBC+Linux -> MS Access/MS SQL??
I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and Linux. I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to configure. Do anyone can give me a solution? Thanks Vincent You can try the jTDS driver (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds), performs really good. Or you can buy some other jdbc driver for MS SQL Server. /Klas "Vincent Ho" <vincenthkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fb01e579.0308061746.3bf10a6b@posting.google.com... > I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, > however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and > Linux. > I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... > However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to > configure. > Do anyone can give me a solution? > > Thanks > Vincent Vincent Ho wrote: > I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, > however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and > Linux. > I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... > However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to > configure. > Do anyone can give me a solution? > > Thanks > Vincent Accessing SQL server from ...

MS SQL to MS Access Stored Proc. for Deletes
I have this stored procedure below that works great in SQL Server. The sql purges rows out of a table, leaving "x" # of rows in the table ("x" = s.RetainHistoryNum below). Now I need it to run in MS Access. The thing that throws me off is the multiple "from" statements. I have tried a dozen different queries, nothing seems to do the trick. Either I end up with an syntax error, or I end up with inaccurate results. Dan -------------------------------------------------- -Here is the stored proc I need to work in Access -------------------------------------------------- DELETE FROM ScheduleHistory FROM Schedule s WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ScheduleHistory sh WHERE sh.ScheduleID = ScheduleHistory.ScheduleID AND sh.ScheduleID = s.ScheduleID AND sh.StartDate >= ScheduleHistory.StartDate ) > s.RetainHistoryNum ---------------------------- -Here are the tables: ---------------------------- CREATE TABLE Schedule ( ScheduleID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PK_ScheduleID PRIMARY KEY, TypeFullName TEXT (200) NULL , TimeLapse INTEGER NULL , TimeLapseMeasurement TEXT (2) NULL , RetryTimeLapse INTEGER NULL , RetryTimeLapseMeasurement TEXT (2) NULL , RetainHistoryNum INTEGER NULL , AttachToEvent TEXT (50) NULL , CatchUpEnabled BIT NULL , Enabled BIT NULL , ObjectDependencies MEMO NULL); GO CREATE TABLE ScheduleHistory ( ScheduleHistoryID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PK_ScheduleHistoryID PRIMARY KEY, ScheduleID INT...

Access MS SQL Server tables from Oracle 9i
Hi, I need to access MS SQL Server tables (SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000) from applications running on Oracle 9i on a Solaris 8 (Sparc) server. I think I am in the same situation as the person in <e70fc892.0209031332.6045a661@posting.google.com> (which is from 2002). I took a look at the Heterogenous Connectivity Admin Guide, and found I have the choice of Transparent Gateway (15K$) or Generic Connectivity. Has anybody used G.C. to do this before? Are there free/open source ODBC drivers for Solaris 8? Could I use unixODBC as a driver manager? Thorsten "Thorsten Jens" <thojens@gmx.de> wrote in news:1116849505.253565.178620@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Hi, > > I need to access MS SQL Server tables (SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000) > from applications running on Oracle 9i on a Solaris 8 (Sparc) server. I > think I am in the same situation as the person in ><e70fc892.0209031332.6045a661@posting.google.com> (which is from 2002). > > I took a look at the Heterogenous Connectivity Admin Guide, and found I > have the choice of Transparent Gateway (15K$) or Generic Connectivity. > Has anybody used G.C. to do this before? Are there free/open source > ODBC drivers for Solaris 8? Could I use unixODBC as a driver manager? > > Thorsten > > PERL can inter-operate with both DBs "concurrently". Try this http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/10893_3442661_1 Let me know i...

Error when trying to update SQL Server from MS Access
We have a MS SQL Server 2000 application for our shipping system. We have created a front end application using MS Access for our order analyst. The front end application allows the analyst to review and update orders before they are released to the warehouse. We are in the test phase of this project and have run into a couple problems that we just can not figure out. During the testing phase there is only one person working in the system. 1) From time to time we receive an error after data has been entered into a field, and the user exits the field. The error reads: "The data has been changed." "Another user edited this record and saved the changes before you attempted to save your changes." "Re-Edit the record>' The data that was just entered is then deleted from the field. Re-Entering the data and exiting the field then works fine and the data is written to the SQL Table. This error can happen on any field (Text Boxes, Combo Boxes, Check Boxes etc.) of the Access form at any time. Is this error possibly because SQL is editing the record at the same time as the user? 2) Also from time to time the user will recieve a ODBC error. The error is quite lengthly, but it basically says access has been denied. Exiting the Access application and restarting it seems to help some times but not always. We have tried using NT Authenication, and SQL Authenication. The SQL Authenication seems to work better in that we don't receive this error as of...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Web resources about - Tables are skipped or export failed error occurs when upsizing MS Access to MS SQL Server - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Inside science: Selling and upsizing the meal
Aurich Lawson / Thinkstock By now, everyone who cares is aware of exactly what I want to do: you can't shut me up about this stuff. The application ...

AT&T Inc. Announces Initial Results and Upsizing of Pending Maximum Tender Offers
Connect with AT&T on social media channels like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Flickr.

Citigroup Announces Upsizing of Offers to Purchase Specified Series of Outstanding Notes
Citigroup Announces Upsizing of Offers to Purchase Specified Series of Outstanding Notes

Downsizing the Military Mission, Upsizing the Peacetime One
Would you rather have butter or guns In the preface to his 1974 classic, The Permanent War Economy , Seymour Melman decried America’s choice ...

Frugal By Choice: Why I'm Indifferent To Upsizing
Frugal By Choice: Why I'm Indifferent To Upsizing

Tom Bihn Synapse 25 review: Upsizing a classic laptop/iPad backpack
Nearly four years ago, I reviewed Tom Bihn’s Synapse , a fantastic and versatile compact backpack for those times when you don’t need to carry ...

Allstate Announces Early Tender Results and Upsizing of Tender Offer
NORTHBROOK, Ill., June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) today announced that it had...

Why Some Seniors Are Upsizing in Retirement
Who says you need to buy a smaller house when you retire?

Why Many Retirees Are Upsizing Into Larger Homes
MADDY DYCHTWALD: When my husband Ken and I were raising our children, one of our mantras was to instill both roots and wings in our children: ...

Fifty Shades of Grey author plans on upsizing
EL James, the author of the bestselling novel Ffity Shades of Grey, is reportedly swapping her semi-detached home for a seven-bedroom mansion. ...