unable to connect to server please make sure user has at least read permission

Hi all,

I am trying to configure SQL Server 2008 for Office 2007 Data Mining
Add-ins.  And on the connection set up screen, it asks for the server
name.  So I entered the server name, but got this message:

        Unable to connect to server "P4" please make sure user has at
least read permission.  Please make sure "PC\XXX" has at least read
permission .....

(PC is my local computer name and XXX is my log in user name.  And
user the server box, the is a gray-out box saying 'Windows
Authentication")

I am the admin of this remote server and was able to connect to the
server through ODBC and OLEDB programming in .Net programming.  The
server is set up using SQL Authentication and not Windows
Authentication.  I also have same log in user name and password in the
remote server machine.

How can I set it up so that I can connect to the server using the "SQL
Server 2008 for Office 2007 Data Mining Add-ins" tool?

(Please let me know if you need more information.)

SQL Learner

2
SQL

DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION? I have the same issues. Thanks Eugenia
0
Eugenia
7/15/2010 1:52:52 PM
Eugenia (user@compgroups.net/) writes:
> DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION? I have the same issues. Thanks Eugenia

Rather than posting this kind of meaningless post, start a new thread
and describe your problem as detailed as possible.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

esquel (7068)
7/15/2010 9:11:46 PM
i have same problem whats the solution??
0
Rumeysa