Unhandled exception in mmc.exe: : Access violation

Hi all,

Since yesterday I'm unable to lauch the enterprise manager, it gives
the following error :

Unhandled exception at 0x0101f07e in mmc.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x00000064.

The weird thing is that except installing the office xp PIA's I can't
image what else could be changed on my system.
I tried reinstalling, but still the same error.
I tried SP3a, still nothing changed.

Searched in some groups and it seems that not much can be found about
it, so my inspiration is running dry.

Anyone had this problem ? Anyone any suggestions how to solve it ?

Regards,

Koen

Hi,Koen
I experienced exact the same problem, what I found is that under W2K is
ok, the same MMC application, while in 2003 Server is not ok, have you
found how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Jack

0
jcui1 (1)
12/19/2005 3:23:57 PM
Hi Jack,

The solution for me was is this thread :

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/browse_thread/thread/f4328278a688c187/09cf487e8f4d55ca?lnk=st&q=sql+%22enterprise+manager%22+%22windows+update%22&rnum=5#09cf487e8f4d55ca

The solution is to delete the file
 "C:\Documents and Settings\<your_name>.<your_domain_name>\Application
Data\Microsoft\MMC\SQL Server Enterprise Manager"

Hope it helps for you

Regards,

Koen

ccss schreef:

> Hi,Koen
> I experienced exact the same problem, what I found is that under W2K is
> ok, the same MMC application, while in 2003 Server is not ok, have you
> found how to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jack

0
denappel (1)

[ace-bugs] ACE_Service_Config::close() exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6A5D2.D5EEBB74 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 5.5 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP service pack1=20 =20 DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? LINKING? On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first? EXECUTION? OTHER (please specify)? EXECUTION =20 SYNOPSIS: ACE_Service_Config::close() has exception: =20 Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC0000005:Access Violation =20 DESCRIPTION: I try to use this function to load the logging configuration in runtime (latest release ACE, Windows XP sp1, VC++ 6.0). =20 The source code is:=20 CLogger::CLogger() { if(ACE_Service_Config::open (ACE_TEXT ("ACE_Logger"), ACE_DEFAULT_LOGGER_KEY, =20 0, //if 1, ignore static svc 0, //take value from svc.conf 0) < 0) //1 ignore debug flag exit(0);=20 } =20 /** @brief Destructor=20 *=20 */ CLogger::~CLogger() { ACE_Service_Config::close(); } =20 But when this class is desctrured , then I got an exception: Unhandled exception in test.exe (ACED.DLL): 0xC00000005: Acess Violation.=20 =20 I am wo...

Unhandled exception in MediaLink.exe (COMCTL32.DLL) : 0xC0000005 : Access Violation
Hello, I am getting an Unhandled Exception with some operations that are done with wxTreeCtrl & wxListCtrl on Windows XP OS.And the exception occurs after code leaves the function block for OnDoubleClick() event on wxTreeCtrl. Exception Is :-- Unhandled exception in MediaLink.exe (COMCTL32.DLL) : 0xC0000005 : Access Violation Version of COMCTL32.dll at below path is :-- Path C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common- Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a Version 6.0.2600.0 Version of COMCTL32.dll at below path is :-- Path C:\WINDOWS\system32 Version 5.82.2900.2180 A...

Unhandled exception at 0x7c90100b in MARTT.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xbaadf041.
Hi, I encoutered an error when I continue debugging, which reads: Unhandled exception at 0x7c90100b in MARTT.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xbaadf041. The arrow points at the last line of the following code: void CView::OnPaint() { // standard paint routine CPaintDC dc(this); OnPrepareDC(&dc); OnDraw(&dc); } Can anyone help? Thanks... Hi, Can anyone advise? Appreciate it... "Michael Pan" <savememp@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h5pl3i$abj$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I encoutered an error when I continue debuggin...

Unhandled exception in SWilk.exe (SWilk2.dll) (0 xC0000005) : Access violation error in Fortran dll.
Hello, I have created a Fortran dll. I am trying to call it from a vb6 program. When the program calls the dll subroutine I get "Unhandled exception in SWilk.exe (SWilk2.dll) (0 xC0000005) : Access violation" error. It is possibly argument mismatch, but I cannot locate it. Could anyone help me please? Thank you. The partial VB calling program and Fortran program listings are shown below: Athena --------------VB form file---------------------------- Option Explicit Option Base 1 Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim init As Long Dim n As Long Dim n1 As Long Dim n2 As Lon...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Exception occur when MS Access 2002 database reaches 1 GB filesize
Hi guys MS Access 97 database can have a file size of 1 GB max and MS Access 2002 databases can have a filesize of max 2 GB. I have converted my old database template from Access 97 to Access 2002 to get one GB extra. But when I test the max file size I still get an exception in my application when the database reaches 1 GB. My application writing to the database, is written in Visual C++ and uses CDaoDatabase, CDaoWorkspace and CDaoRecordset from MFC DAO Database Support. It runs on an MS Windows XP SP1 computer. Do I have to create a new database template in MS Access 2002 because converting a database from MS Access 97 to MS Access 2002 will not help on the max filesize? Grateful for help. Regards Kjell Arne Johansen Development and Research On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:26:44 GMT, kjell.arne.johansen@kongsberg-simrad.com (Kjell Arne Johansen) wrote: Just speculating, are you still using the DAO 3.51 reference? You should be using DAO 3.6. -Tom. >Hi guys > >MS Access 97 database can have a file size of 1 GB max and MS Access >2002 databases can have a filesize of max 2 GB. >I have converted my old database template from Access 97 to Access >2002 to get one GB extra. >But when I test the max file size I still get an exception in my >application when the database reaches 1 GB. >My application writing to the database, is written in Visual C++ and >uses CDaoDatabase, CDaoWorkspace and CDaoRecordset from MFC DAO >Database Support. >It runs...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

Hello all Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000? My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and as user interface such as forms. Now, I want to migrate the backend database from MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server 2000. However, I want to keep the MS Access 2000 interface. Would it be possible? If I migrate the MS Access to SQL Server, would the queries, back-end VBA, macro, tables and forms be affected? Do I need to change the MS Access data type to SQL server supported data type? Which tool I can use to do the migration? Upsizing wizard or exporting the Access database and then importing it to the SQL server? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon This is somewhat easy. Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need altering, bu I would test it first. db55 wrote: > This is somewhat easy. > > Basically you need to port or transfer your Access tables to a SQL DB > and then link the Access DB/App. to the SQL tables on the SQL Server. > If you keep the table names the same, the code etc shouldn't need > altering, bu I would test it first. > If only it were that easy :-) Bon wrote: > Hello all > > Would it be possible to migrate the MS Access 2000 to MS SQL Server > 2000? > > My application is using MS Access 2000 as database and a...

exception access violation
Hi, I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access violation error. And my program crashes at this point. Exception raised >>> Exception Name => PROGRAM_ERROR >>> Exception Message => EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Does anyone know what this could mean? Thanks, jade On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 11:31 -0800, Jade wrote: > Hi, > I am compiling a program with gnat gps and I am receiving an access > violation error. And my program crashes at this point. > > Exception raised > >>> Exception Name => PROGRA...

Web resources about - Unhandled exception in mmc.exe: : Access violation - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Unhandled Exceptions
As a member of the Telerik Insiders Team, Telerik can help facilitate my delivery of talks at your user group or software development event. ...

Error'd: Click Here to 'Like' Unhandled Exceptions
Alexander writes, "I was searching the web for solutions to some Oracle OCI driver issues when a I received a curious suggestion." "Finally, ...

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or a bug check , is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a ...

Unhandled Exception
Sorry for the inconvenience, you request cannot be entertained at this moment.

Error
Oops something went wrong! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your ...

WebHost4Life: When Good Web Hosting Companies Go Bad
Server Error in '/site1/weblog' Application. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception ...

Abhinav Singh - XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer, Bangalore, India ...
Abhinav Singh is XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer from Bangalore, India.

Site map
AISolutions Home News & Media Site Map search Search Home Company About Us News & Media Customers GSA Schedules Community Outreach Contact Us ...

Security and the real world
When talking about Security, most people think about something where "they" attack and "we" defend. If they succeed only once, we have lost. ...