Watching SQL server

We are quickly moving from a small comapny to enterprise.

As it happens we want to watch SQL server (our bread and butter is data) more
cloely.

Weely/daily/monthly reporting, etc.

I am wondering if there is something like webtrends for SQL server. i.e. what
queries were called (or even tables), what stored procedures, how much bandwidth
was used, what the average return time, how much data was returned (in rows and
total size) etc.

In fact, if this can be done by hour of the day that would be a bonus. (or
concurrent connections through out the day)

Also, is there a tool much the same for Task Manager (Windows 2000) that can
keep a "long graph" for a day and save it somewhere (even better if it can tell
me what query was run at spikes, etc).

I am coming up empty looking for tools (is one built into SQL server?) but I
can't be the first person with this question.

John Mosey  |..X..|....|Brew-o-meter
Exalted Grand Puba: http://www.fantasybaseballnews.com/
"...you look at slugging percentage and on-base percentage. I have a hard time
with that. I have a really hard time with that. I might be wrong, but I have a
hard time with it." .232/.277/.296 player and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire

0
john5379 (1)

You don't mention which version of MSSQL you have, but assuming you have
SQL2000, then you can look at Profiler and the System Monitor SQL Server
performance counters. The BOL section called "Choosing a Monitoring Tool"
gives a pretty good overview of which tool can do what.

There are plenty of third party apps as well, of course, but you can already
get lots of information from Profiler and System Monitor, so they are a good
starting point.

Simon

"Deep Structure Mosey" <john@mosey.combat> wrote in message
> We are quickly moving from a small comapny to enterprise.
>
> As it happens we want to watch SQL server (our bread and butter is data)
more
> cloely.
>
> Weely/daily/monthly reporting, etc.
>
> I am wondering if there is something like webtrends for SQL server. i.e.
what
> queries were called (or even tables), what stored procedures, how much
bandwidth
> was used, what the average return time, how much data was returned (in
rows and
> total size) etc.
>
> In fact, if this can be done by hour of the day that would be a bonus. (or
> concurrent connections through out the day)
>
> Also, is there a tool much the same for Task Manager (Windows 2000) that
can
> keep a "long graph" for a day and save it somewhere (even better if it can
tell
> me what query was run at spikes, etc).
>
> I am coming up empty looking for tools (is one built into SQL server?) but
> can't be the first person with this question.
>
> John Mosey  |..X..|....|Brew-o-meter
> Exalted Grand Puba: http://www.fantasybaseballnews.com/
> "...you look at slugging percentage and on-base percentage. I have a hard
time
> with that. I have a really hard time with that. I might be wrong, but I
have a
> hard time with it." .232/.277/.296 player and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire

0
sql (2120)

Using MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Manager with MS SQL Server 2000
Hi Everyone, Most of our MS SQL Servers are still running on SQL 2000, but being I will soon be upgrading my workstation to Vista Business I'd like to install MS SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager to manage them all. When I tried to install MS SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager on Vista, it gave me a message saying it's not compatible, so I'll have to use 2005 I guess. We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they do squirly things that often break stuff. Thanks -- Alex Alex (samalex@gmail.com) writes: > We have LOTS of DTS scripts on our SQL 2000 server, and will 2005 EM > work with these okay? Also I want to make sure SQL 2005 Enterprise > Manager won't be adding to, changing, or 'upgrading' the DTS scripts or > anything on the SQL 2000 servers as we still have folks using SQL 2000 > Enterprise Manager. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I'm always leery when using cross-versions > of Microsoft applications because they are often incompatible or they > do squirly things that often break stuff. There isn't any Enterpr...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

MS SQL Server 2000 and MS JDBC SQL Server driver problems. (Connection timed out, followed by Error establishing socket)
I have downloaded the MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Evaluation edition, and the MS SQL 2000 Server JDBC driver. I have installed and configured the MS SQL Server 2000 onto two computers, which reside on the same network. (In fact, these two computers comprise the entire network). The network server (computer name=SUNCDS1), and the lone node (SUNCDS2), each have their own SQL Server 2000 instance. The SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager console on SUNCDS1 shows both SQL Server instances, the (local) instance, which is SUNCDS1, and also SUNCDS2. It may be worthwhile to mention that the SUNCDS2 instance on the Enterprise console does not show the SQL Server Agent as being started, but I can navigate to the SUNCDS2 databases, and display the table information. If I try to start the SQL Server Agent for SUNCDS2, I receive the message "Access is Denied". The enterprise console on the SUNCDS2 machine indeed shows the SQL Server Agent as being started. I have written a sample Java application that uses both the MS SQL Server ODBC driver and a JDBC type 4 driver (MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC) to establish a connection to the SUNCDS2 instance. This application resides on the SUNCDS1 network server. The ODBC driver will connect to SUNCDS2 instance wihout a problem. The JDBC driver does not connect to SUNCDS2. The JDBC driver will, however, connect to the local SQL Server instance that resides on SUNCDS1. Following are the code snippet to est...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > > The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject > line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server > site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. I would try select * from master..sysdatabases where databaseproperty(name, 'IsInRecovery') = 1 and see if that finds something. There are a couple of more properties for Databaseproperty that you should search for. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx On Jan 30, 5:30 pm, Erland Sommarskog <esq...@sommarskog.se> wrote: > Mark D Powell (Mark.Pow...@eds.com) writes: > > > While I was out of the office the Lan Team ...

MS SQL Server databases
Hi, I am looking for a tool to create MS SQL Server databases. Who can help me? Valentine Download BOL, it's free and it will show you how to create SQL databases. If you don't have SQL you can buy the developer edition for $50 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp HTH Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

Restore SQL Server 6.5 database in SQL Server 2000
Hi, Do you know if it is possible to restore database (backup) from SQL Server 6.5 in SQL Server 2000? Best Regards, Wojtek -- (Remove bez.syfu get my e-mail address) ...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and database engines are used by big sites such as Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN, etc, and what are the good database structures for the hosting applications that deal with huge,complex information and large number of users. Thanks a lot, your time and help are highly appreciated. On 13 Sep 2004 18:37:35 -0700, penghao98@hotmail.com (Leon) wrote: I think there is only one instance of Jet running. You can check this using Task Manager. More than likely you don't have to worry about Yahoo et al. They take many orders of magnitude more traffic then yours. One thing for sure: they are not using an Access back-end :-) -Tom. >Hi, > I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access >database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web >applications (same content different copies) running as different >sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database...

move/copy database objects from SQL Server Express to SQL Server Standard??
Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this topic?? I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. Thank you, Tom Hi Tom If the objects are on source code control you may just want to check out the scripts and run them through SQLCMD. If you want the whole database then you can either use backup/restore or sp_detach_db/sp_attach_db, failing that you could use the import/export wizard, If SQLExpress is does not allow external connections then you will need to push it (export) from the SQLExpress machine. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546 John "tlyczko" <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157561832.911996.148780@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone refer me to good 'recipes' or sources of information on this > topic?? > > I have Visual Studio Tools for Office, which installs SS 2005 Express > locally to my XP box, and I want to develop in SS 2005, then copy the > tables or queries or reports etc. to a SS 2005 Standard server. > > Thank you, Tom > I should have said SS 2005 Developer, not Express, I am installing SS 2005 Dev to my workstation here. But everything you said should work, I just have to learn how!!!!!!!! I will read the KB article, I suppose I could learn SSIS for just tables ...

MS SQL Linked Servers(Linking MySQL to MS SQL) Collation problem.
Hello, I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? P?vels Mihailovs (iceravenlv@gmail.com) writes: > I have a problem. I've linked MySql server to MsSql, in MySql I have a > table with Latvian data(character set is ucs2, ucs2_general_ci) and > the problem is that when I use openquery to read data from MySQL > server, some characters are not translated correctly! I receive > question symbols instead of Latvian special characters. > Maybe someone had this kind of problem with collation? Since I don't work with MySQL myself, it's difficult to say what is going on. But if MySQL has a notion of collation, and the collation is ucs2_general_ci, it sounds like MySQL returns Unicode data. One would expect that to arrive unscathed. What is you collation on the SQL Server side? The stored procedure sp_serveroption permits you to set options for linked servers, and two of them relates to collations. You could play around with these and see what happens. Please look in Books Online for details. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/techn...

Database link to a MS SQL Server 2000
Hi NG, we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines directly. Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? thanx abbas On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:02 +0200, "Abbas" <ar.newsgroup@web.de> wrote: >Hi NG, > >we have to replikate some data between an oracle DB and an application with MS SQL Server. > >There is no possibility to load and push the data on the client mashine. We have to replicate the data on the server mashines >directly. > >Is there a possibility to create a DB link from oracle to MS SQL Server or otherwise? > >thanx >abbas > Look into using Heterogeneous Services in your Net administrators manual. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Are you willing to install a bridge program to create this "link"? If so, then try www.examinstudio.com Do as Sybrand told you, look at the Heterogenous services of Oracle. Oracle even supports natively DRDA towards a DB2 z/OS mainframe, and they also support SQL Server. They all end-up like a database link with a totally quallified names in the "from" clause. Be aware of that distributed joins between different DBMS systems might cause huge performance problems, keep the functionality when dealing with multiple DBMS systems simple, no dist...

Transfer Database from one Pervasive SQL 2000i server to Another Pervasive SQL 2000i Server
Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. Please advice ASAP Thanks Sajid Saeed Simply copy the files from one server to the other. Sajid Saeed wrote: > Any tips on how to transfer the data files from one Pervasive SQL > 2000i database to another Pervasive SQL 2000i database. > > Please advice ASAP > > Thanks > > Sajid Saeed If you are just wanting the whole database from one server on another copy the files over. May need to set up an engine DSN on the new server for SQL/ODBC acce...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Exporting MS SQL Server or Oracle Databases to MySQL
I also posted similarly in mailing.database.mysql I have created a rather large (60 table database) website dealio in PHP that works with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and presumably any other data base I add to the wrapper functions that I created. All the development was done in Oracle, but now its time to create that large datastructure again in MySQL -- now I've built this all in notepad for Oracle (twice) and built it in SQL Server using the SQL Server import tools (pretty nice) -- is there anything that I can do that to get this datastructure and maybe even the data into MySQL using Oracle/MS SQL Server tools ? James "James Alexander Starritt" <jamesstarrittRemovethefollowingtoemailme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:403ac257_1@newspeer2.tds.net... > I also posted similarly in mailing.database.mysql > > I have created a rather large (60 table database) website dealio in PHP that > works with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and presumably any other data base I > add to > the wrapper functions that I created. All the development was done in > Oracle, but now its time to create that large datastructure again in > MySQL -- now I've built this all in notepad for Oracle (twice) and built it > in SQL Server using the SQL Server import tools (pretty nice) -- is there > anything that I can do that to get this datastructure and maybe even the > data into MySQL using Oracle/MS SQL Server tools ? SQL Server will permi...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Copy database from AS/400 DB2 TO MS SQL Server
I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. <ramkumar.nv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143785543.497908.302390@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database > to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables > and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. > Generate a build script for the database using op manager. Don't use the DB2 extensions - just plain ANSI. Then, wit...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

Export relations from SQL Server Database to MS Access
Hi I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.) All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate all realtion/keys/indexes from SQL Server database and use ADOX to create this relations/keys/indexes in MS Access database, but I don't know exact matching attributs of relations/keys/indexes from SQL to Access. Thanks Hi You posted the same question in microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming. If you are not sure about the answers you were given then please do not cross post. John "Bose" <bosejob@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:ztBFc.97111$Ax1.1377116@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hi > I have to make export of SQL Server Database to MS Access and I have > done it with the tables but now I need to transfer(export) the > relations, keys and indexes. Can any1 tell me how to read relations,keys > and indexes from SQL Server and convert them to MS Access.(it seams that > for creation of indexes in MS Access ADOX is the only way but ADOX > cannot read all information about keys,indexes from SQL Server.) > All I can see is that I have to use SQLDMO to enumarate ...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

migrate Progress database to MS SQL Server 2000 #2
I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about movin to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it Is there a migration tool -- panagiotis@mel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- panagiotis@melo's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=817 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7937 Yes ther is. You'll find it between your ears. Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do about it. > > Is there a migration tool? > > > -- > panagiotis@melo > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > panagiotis@melo's Profile: > http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8173 > View this thread: > http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=79374 > crossmerge.com ? Regards...Dan. "panagiotis@melo" <panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:panagiotismelo.1gvuzm@progresstalk.com... > > I am afraid that our customer has already made up his mind about moving > to MS SQL server and there is nothing that we can do...

msdb database problem with MS SQL Server 6.5
Hi I have a problem creating a backup in SQL Server 6.5. Although, the backup produced does restore ok, I want to stop this error message appearing everytime I make a backup. The error message is: " [SQL Server ]Can't allocate space for object 'sysbackupdetail' in database 'msdb' because the 'default' segment is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment. " this articles appears to describe the problem and the solution: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;152354 It recommends creating a stored procedure to delete old entries. The stored procedure cannot be created due tro a memory problem. What I was wondering, although the article doesn't mention it, can a new device be created and added to the msdb database. This should fix the problem or is there problems doing this ? Thanks in advance "John Mullan" <smurf010@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:92554ef7.0402040935.6fce79f1@posting.google.com... > Hi > I have a problem creating a backup in SQL Server 6.5. Although, the > backup produced does restore ok, I want to stop this error message > appearing everytime I make a backup. The error message is: > > " > [SQL Server ]Can't allocate space for object 'sysbackupdetail' in > database 'msdb' because the 'default' segment is full. I...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Web resources about - Watching SQL server - comp.databases.ms-sqlserver

Streets Is Watching (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Streets Is Watching is a musical film in which Jay-Z compiles many of his unreleased music videos into a continuous film. The film takes place ...

Three Trends Facebook Global Head Of Brand Design Paul Adams Is Watching As 2013 Approaches
Facebook Global Head of Brand Design Paul Adams has his sights set on 2013, and he is keeping an eye on three trends heading into the new year: ...

Watching the lights go out
This is dark, sad, and powerful. About a year ago, David Hilfiker was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. This past January, he decided to blog about ...

If you have been watching the Kentucky... - Eugenie Scott's Page - Facebook
If you have been watching the Kentucky saga unfold today, be prepared for more fun and games in the next round. Josh blogs about it at NCSE's ...

Facebook introduces new structured status updates to help users share what they’re feeling, watching ...
... way. When users go to create a post, Facebook asks “What are you doing?” and includes a drop down menu of options, such as “feeling,” “watching,” ...

Watching "House of Cards" has given me a lot of ideas for news, which I outline here, in rough form.
I just got through watching the series House of Cards and believe it or not, it leads me to a set of observations about news, and where it should ...

Scripting News: Watching Marco's Magazine.
I've been watching Marco Arment's publishing venture, called The Magazine, with interest and a little puzzlement. It looks like a high wall around ...

Peeple Watching on the App Store on iTunes
Get Peeple Watching on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

It's Watching You (32/365) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II, Canon Speedlite 430EX II Uninspired shot again tonight, but even though it's a bit boring I ended ...

People are obsessed with watching food get sliced in reverse on YouTube
Some people unwind by watching paint get mixed , others feel relaxed watching food get sliced in reverse. M ade by YouTube user Wryfield Lab ...