Add text to a field and keep the old text?

I know what I want to do, however I don't now how to do it, or if Im
doing it right.

Im running an update and I need to add text to a field and keep the
text that was already their in order of "new text"+"old text".

So I have this query I wrote, however as its a live db I cant chance
the mistake.

UPDATE users SET levels = 0, mbox = 0, notes = ? + notes  WHERE
subscription_id = ? LIMIT 1

* Question marks are converted via php to their values.

Levi

0
l3vi
10/12/2007 2:56:31 PM
comp.databases.mysql 6944 articles. 1 followers. laredotornado (869) is leader. Post Follow

NVM I found what I needed.

For anyone else you need CONCAT()

0
l3vi
10/12/2007 3:06:12 PM
On 12 Oct, 16:06, l3vi <ad...@madfrogproductions.com> wrote:
> NVM I found what I needed.
>
> For anyone else you need CONCAT()

You also need "there" instead of "their"

0
Captain