How can I transfer my Access and Sql-server databases and tables to MySql?

Hi.

Is it possible to do it automatically so I don't have to manually
create every field in MySql?

Hannu
comp.databases.mysql 6944 articles. 1 followers. laredotornado (869) is leader. Post Follow

"hannu" <hannutlappalainen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to do it automatically so I don't have to manually
> create every field in MySql?
>
> Hannu

Hi Hannu,

the cheapest (moneywise) is to use an ODBC connection (I see your
other question in this group, so I think you can do that)

In Access, open the database, then use "Export" for each table.
In the dialog box choose "ODBC database", it is alllllll the way at
the bottom of the "file-type" selection.

From there it should be known territory, right/?

Ask Google for the other options, there are lots and lots of programs
that claim to do this too... for money.

Good luck,
Richard

0
Richard
7/8/2009 2:43:48 PM
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed hannu <hannutlappalainen@gmail.com>
writing in news:48eaeb57-aabf-4e1f-a085-53d4b3383d83@
32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to do it automatically so I don't have to manually
> create every field in MySql?
>
> Hannu

MySQL has a nice application called MySQL Migration Tool.  I've used it
many times myself. Tell it where the original db is, where you want the new
MySQL db to be, and run it.  Very fast, and very easy.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

arbpen454 (114)