Insert text file in a text field ...

Hallo,

I have 2 questions:

1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table (by an
sql instruction) ?

2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table
(by an sql instruction) ?

Please, could you help me ?

Thank you .

Fab.

comp.databases.mysql 6944 articles. 1 followers. laredotornado (869) is leader. Post Follow

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:41:52 -0700, electric_r@yahoo.it wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table (by an
> sql instruction) ?
>
> 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table
> (by an sql instruction) ?
>
> Please, could you help me ?

This is a task for the application program, not the database itself.

--
A way of life that is odd or even erratic but interferes with no rights or
interests of others is not to be condemned because it is different.
electric_r@yahoo.it wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table (by an
> sql instruction) ?
>
> 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table
> (by an sql instruction) ?
>
> Please, could you help me ?
>
> Thank you .
>
> Fab.

Look at the LOAD_FILE() function in the manual

0
Paul
10/18/2007 5:12:13 PM
On 18 Oct, 14:41, electri...@yahoo.it wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table (by an
> sql instruction) ?
>
> 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table
> (by an sql instruction) ?
>
> Please, could you help me ?
>
> Thank you .
>
> Fab.

Do not multi-post. Cross-post if you must but don't multi
post It wastes people's time. http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm.

0
Captain

Insert text file in a text field
allo, I have 2 questions: with php and mysql : 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table ? 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table ? Please, could you help me with a simple example ? Thank you . Fab ...

Insert text file in a text field #3
Hallo, I have 2 questions: with php and mysql : 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table ? 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table ? Please, could you help me with a simple example ? Thank you . Fab On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:36:59 +0200, <electric_r@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hallo, > > I have 2 questions: > > with php and mysql : > > 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table ? > > 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a > table ? > > Please, could you help ...

Insert text file in a text field #2
Hallo, I have 2 questions: with php and mysql : 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table ? 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a table ? Please, could you help me with a simple example ? Thank you . Fab Greetings, electric_r@yahoo.it. In reply to Your message dated Thursday, October 18, 2007, 20:36:14, eyi> Hallo, eyi> I have 2 questions: eyi> with php and mysql : eyi> 1) How can I insert a text file into a TEXT field of a table ? eyi> 2) How can I insert a microsoft word file into a BLOB field of a eyi> table ? ...

Pasting Text files into a text field?
I want to past a text file into a text field but it looses it's format. It should appear in a table layout, is there a way round this? Thanks Ernie -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com In reply to mSzjb.11$UY1.9@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk on 10/16/03 4:41 PM by Ernie Faulkner ernie-NO-SPAMfaulkner@blueyonder.co.uk: Hi Ernie, To paste the ...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

FileMaker Pro 9 OS X Defining text fields and numerical fields to aviod the quote in the fields to avoid it from exporting out to an Excel Spreadsheet or Text File.
I have been reading the help files in FileMaker Pro 9 about Text formats but have yet to find my solution, perhaps there is not one or it is a formula that is beyond my scope at this time. I have fields that are strictly numbers and the fields have been defined for numbers and I have no " around the text. I have field I have defined as text for it is a mix of text and number or text and non text characters such as / or ? or . or , or * and the like and they get " " in the field. I want to prevent that. How do I do this where none of my input gets the open and closing double ...

inserting certain text from text file to matlab
i am using a software which outputs me a text file with 1000 lines of data. I specifically need certain lines (lets say line 100- 150), and input them into matlab. These lines actually consists of columns (lets say "X-Axis" "Y-Axis" "Z-Axis"). The first line does include the title of these columns. I want matlab to read these lines, and then using a code...generate some graphs for me. Any help would be appreciated. Anuj Anuj wrote: > i am using a software which outputs me a text file with 1000 lines of > data. I specifically need certain lines (lets say ...

read from Text file using VB and Insert into SQL table until eof text file reach
Dear All, my text file like following, a1, b1, c1, d1, e1 a2, b2, c2, d2, e2 a3, b3, c3, d3, e3 a4, b4, c4, d4, e4 ................. and im going to insert this values into SQL Tables with columns, [a, b, c, d, e] how im going to do so? i use below src code to do but i can not get the next line and next line of text file until it finished insert Private Sub mot_Click() 'Shell ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE c:\fisherdb. mdb /x ImportOpsNilai") 'frmPicCd.Show Dim db_connect ' Path = App.Path & "\ERP consumable code.xls" ...

Insert carriage return in a text field to warp text down
I've imported data from a database - containing separate fields for name, address and postcode, into one single text field in another database (I know that's rotten database practice, but I was asked to do this at work). I concatenated the fields in the "donor database then mapped the single concatenated field to the recipient single text field on import. I now have a field containing name, address and postcode, with spaces between each element(I inserted them), but of course there is no wrapping. I now have (example) MrTest Name Test Address TestPostcode in a single text field...

Quickly adding text to a mysql text field that is NOT empty
Hi all Is there a way to insert text into a mysql text field that already has text into it; without having first to extract the existing data and append the new text to that string variable and then insert the new string. Basically i'm looking for a way to do it with a single query not 2 (one being a select to gather existing data). Please help! I could have sworn I already replied to this but it appears that it did not go through, but anyway; you want to modify the contents of an existing field without having to fetch it using a query, yes? This is possible through the use of MySQL&#...

inserting files text from DIR to MySQL
Hi, My problem is a little advance I feel, please check it and guide me if you can. I have a lot of similar format text files, that has name in the first line then age in forth line second and then discription of the person in the 6 line which is a lot of text para and does not have any <br> tag. What I want is to have a script that can read the files in the folder and populate the database with all the files. I can play with php a little but I am not a programmer of that quality so I wanted to read more of the php for this perticular script, I will be thankful if any one from can te...

Adding long text to a database text field generates errors
I'm using PostgreSQL on a Windows 2000 server and cygwin. All is set up just fine. The database works just fine, and ASP is connecting to the database through a DSN just fine. The only problem I seem to have is adding a large amount of text to a text column in the database. I can enter up to 8,118 characters (including spaces), but when I go over that amount, I receive the following error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21' Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. ...

text-text

ISQL is truncating contents of text field sent to text file.
Under SQL 2000 I have a table that consists of a single column of text type, each record holds about 15-25,000 chars. This data happens to be an xml, and I want to write this records to a text file. In order to accomplish this i'm using ISQL.exe, but i'm finding that some of the text type records aren't being written complete (truncated at 8k chars). I have tried increasing the width of columns (-w), and the maximum text size (-x) {the maximum length of text data to return} parameters for executing ISQL with no luck. High values make it crash. Problems: * If the data is longer t...

Reading many fields/text/data from a single text file
I tried it with RTF, I am able to read the entire content. Same goes with the TXT file. But is VB able to allow you to read various data from a single text file? > I tried it with RTF, I am able to read the entire content. > Same goes with the TXT file. But is VB able to allow > you to read various data from a single text file? The only thing your post has told us is that you are having some kind of problem; but not the details of what that problem is. How big is the file you are trying to read? What is happening when you can't read the entire contents (for example, are you get...

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

insert values in text file to Oracle database
Hi I have values in a text file for example; A;100 B;200 C;300 D;400 .......... It is time consumming to type insert into table values ('A',100); insert into table values ('B',200); ..... Is there any mechanism in Oracle to insert automatically from a text file? Thanks Ngoc "ngoc" <linh@chello.no> wrote in message news:5HKNb.268$O41.874@amstwist00... > Hi > I have values in a text file for example; > A;100 > B;200 > C;300 > D;400 > ......... > It is time consumming to type > insert into table values ('...

Is there a way to dump all mysql database to text file?
Hi, Is there a way to dump all mysql database to text file? have a day. On 2004-10-29, somez72 <rambo@lsdata.co.kr> wrote: > Is there a way to dump all mysql database to text file? Using mysqldump. man mysqldump for more info Davide -- Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to using Windows for mission-critical applications. -- What Yoda *meant* to say somez72 wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way to dump all mysql database to text file? > > have a day. > > man mysqldump ...

"Insert" (not append) new text segment to an existing text file
How to "Insert" (not append) new text segment to an existing text file? Assume that we have text file as shown below; Elvis Sofia Kylix BCB--> How to insert here? Atten BuilderX Roma Together Cairo sm wrote: > How to "Insert" (not append) new text segment to an existing text file? > > Assume that we have text file as shown below; > Elvis > Sofia > Kylix > BCB--> How to insert here? > Atten > BuilderX > Roma > Together > Cairo This has nothing to do with the ...

concatenating multiple text files into one text file
Hello all, I have a huge number of text files like : spectrum1_300_315.csv spectrum1_315_331.csv spectrum1_331_364.csv spectrum1_364_386.csv spectrum1_386_401.csv ...................................... ....................................... each file contains some headerlines at the beginning and data in 2 columns. I want to concatenate the data of the files into one text file .Can anyone hel me pls?thank u in advance. ...

Failed to write to a text file (text file is RW)
Hi, I dig up the following script. Added a simple HTML file with a form field named "vote" and have it send to the following php script. However, it failed to write to the poll_result.txt file. Why? Thanks as usual. <?php $vote = $_REQUEST['vote']; //get content of textfile $filename = "poll_result.txt"; $content = file($filename); //put content in array $array = explode("||", $content[0]); $yes = $array[0]; $no = $array[1]; if ($vote == 1) { $yes = $yes + 1; } if ($vote == 0) { $no = $no + 1; } // debug echo $yes; echo $no; // ou...

Converting A Unicode Text File to An ASCII Text File
We have a large number of text files built in Unicode that we need to be read by SAS. SAS does not read Unicode text. To convert the Unicode text to ASCII text we did the following: A Unicode text file adds an additional blank space to each character. To remove this blank character, you can use the code below. The hexidecimal value '00' is a blank character. So remove it using the SAS statement '00'x. The 'x' tells SAS you are reading hexidecimal. Use RECFM=N to tell SAS that you are reading a stream of data that will not conform to a typical file structure. SAS will ...

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

text file not mac text
please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. I remember 'forked files' but no details...... Is there a II utilty to 'convert' a mac text file to acceptable II ascii text? thanks. cornelio <cornelio@san.rr.com> wrote: > please remind me of the difference. An 8-bit prog. I have needs ASCII > text. if I save a file as TEXT or simpletext on a mac, it isnt accepted. > I remember 'forked files' but no details...... > > Is there a II utilty to '...

Web resources about - Insert text file in a text field ... - comp.databases.mysql

Package insert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determines the requirements for patient package inserts. Other national or international ...

Inserts Wallpapers & Photos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Inserts Wallpapers & Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Please Insert Coin - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore arsheffield's photos on Flickr. arsheffield has uploaded 6582 photos to Flickr.

Ice Cube-I'm Scared (Insert)-The Predator - YouTube
Artist:Ice Cube Title:I'm Scared (Insert) Album:The Predator Year:1992

Google halts public map edits after prankster inserts image of Android robot urinating on Apple logo
Google sidelines crowd-sourced map-making tool to prevent embarrassing edits.

Dear [insert name], Qantas takes your complaint very seriously, honest
What's more annoying than being delayed nine hours on a long-haul flight between Sydney and Los Angeles, while stuck in a seat with a broken ...

Skype to insert advertising into calls
Skype to insert advertising into calls

ISIS inserts disturbing images into N.L. vote Twitter chatter
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 now ships with warning not to insert S-Pen the wrong way
... YouTube unboxing video reveals that Samsung has begun shipping its Galaxy Note 5 handsets with a warning label, telling users not to insert ...

Updates to Google Docs & Slides let you insert & quickly edit images on iOS
Google is today rolling out updates to its Google Docs and Slides mobile apps bringing the ability to insert images directly from the app on ...