mysql-stored procedures

Hi all,
   I have mysql 5.0.58 installeed on linux platform, i want to create
stored procedures, in mysql prompt if i give create procedure abc()
select 'abc'; i see error "ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mysql.proc'
doesn't exist", i am stuck with this. Is there any other prerequisties
to create stored procedure which is missing.. please help me sending
proper links or documentation....

Thanks in advance
0
agnesroz
1/22/2008 10:20:05 AM
comp.databases.mysql 6944 articles. 1 followers. laredotornado (869) is leader. Post Follow

>   I have mysql 5.0.58 installeed on linux platform, i want to create
>stored procedures, in mysql prompt if i give create procedure abc()
>select 'abc'; i see error "ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mysql.proc'
>doesn't exist", i am stuck with this. Is there any other prerequisties
>to create stored procedure which is missing.. please help me sending
>proper links or documentation....

If you upgraded to MySQL 5.0.58 from an older version, you should
run mysql_fix_privilege_tables to set up the proc table, among other
things.  This script is normally installed in the same directory
as the command-line client 'mysql'.

0
gordonb