Windows 7 64 bit - FileMaker 32 bit: MySQL-driver 64 bit or 32 bit?

My server works under Windows 7 Professional 64 bits, my FileMaker
Pro10 Advanced is 32 bits.
FM has to connect to a MySQL-database, which driver should I use?
The 64bits or the 32bits version?
And if 64, can FM communicate via the 64bits driver with MySQL?
Or should I better downgrade W7 to 32bits?
0
Harry
12/14/2010 10:22:04 AM
comp.databases.mysql 6944 articles. 1 followers. laredotornado (869) is leader. Post Follow

Harry <a@b.c> wrote:
> My server works under Windows 7 Professional 64 bits, my FileMaker
> Pro10 Advanced is 32 bits.
> FM has to connect to a MySQL-database, which driver should I use?
> The 64bits or the 32bits version?

I never used Filemaker. And I try to stay away from Windoze as far as
possible. But it seems Filemaker uses ODBC (exclusively) to access
external data sources. So you need to install the MySQL ODBC Connector

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

It's available for both 32- and 64-bit. But I'm not sure how the ODBC
model works. Probably your application imports a DLL from the ODBC
driver and then the driver must use same binary format as application.

> And if 64, can FM communicate via the 64bits driver with MySQL?
> Or should I better downgrade W7 to 32bits?

As far as MySQL is concerned: it does not mind if server and client
have same number of bits or even use the same hardware platform.

XL
0
Axel