Configuring Cognos PPES on HP-UX & Essbase on HP-UX

The company I work for currently has both Cognos and Essbase in house.
We are exploring the possibility of replacing our Cognos cubes with
Essbase cubes. But we still want to maintain the Cognos PowerPlay (web
and PC) front end for data analysis.

I have searched far and wide for information on whether this setup
will work. Both servers (PPES and Essbase) are running on HP-UX
machines. And I know that the PPES server must use a PowerConnect stub
to the Essbase cube to register it in the table of contents. However,
there are no Essbase libraries/drivers on our PPES server, so the
connection fails.

This same connection works fine on my local machine. But I also have
the Essbase client installed.

Does anyone know what we need to install on our Cognos server to
provide the appropriate connectivity to the Essbase server? The Cognos
and Essbase knowledgebases have not been very helpful.

Thanks,
Lonnie
0
lonnie
4/13/2004 3:18:54 PM
comp.databases.olap 2325 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HP-UX Secure Shell for HP-UX 10
Hi, is it posible? i have search the HP web and i find info just for HP-UX 11 and above ... What can i do? do i have to upgrade to HP-UX 11? Any other solutions? Thanks Martull Martull wrote: > Hi, > > is it posible? i have search the HP web and i find info just for HP-UX 11 > and above ... > > What can i do? do i have to upgrade to HP-UX 11? Any other solutions? > > Thanks > > Martull OpenSSH works fine with HP-UX 10.20. You can download it from www.openssh.org. Regards, Constantin Wiemer ...

HP-UX 11.00 vs. HP-UX 11i
I just started a new job and we're trying to figure out if there's any compelling reason to move to 11i from 11.00 on the PA-RISC architecture. I know 11.00 has been around for more than 5 years now so it only has a very few years left in the life-cycle, I would guess, but that never seems to be a compelling reason for managers. (I was still running a couple of 9.x systems at my previous job and the new employer still has quite a few 10.01 systems in operation, as I've been told.) If we plan to migrate to Itanium at some point, 11i will be a requirement. Aside from potential futur...

HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium migration
Hi, We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be used for PA-RISC but not for IPF. List of such aCC flags... to avoid possible aCC pitfalls while porting. Thanks Alok chugh_alok@hotmail.com wrote: > We have to port our application from PA RISC to Itanium. We are using > aCC compiler. Can I get list of aCC flags that are used for PA-RISC > systems but not usable on IPF systems. Like +DD64 would be used for > PA-RISC but not for I...

<Plug> Hewlett-Packard MPE/iX & HP-UX Servers and peripherals (Buy & Sell
We at Cypress Technology would like to take this opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to you and any new members of your organization. As a friendly reminder, Cypress Technology was established to provide our clients with the best values on Hewlett Packard HP-UX & MPE/iX systems and all related peripherals. If you are searching for any Hewlett-Packard hardware at this time or looking to upgrade an existing server or workstation, let me know and I can give a competitive price quotation for your needs. Feel free to call or email if you have any HP hardware that you wish to sel...

Compatibility between hp-ux 11.11 and hp-ux 11.23
Hello, I am really new to HP-UX! I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 bit). Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? Thanks, Federico Federico Cozzi schreef: > Hello, > I am really new to HP-UX! > > I've got a C program which was compiled on HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC, 64 > bit). > Is there any chance this compiled C program will work on HP-UX 11.23 > (PA-RISC, 64 bit)? > > Thanks, > Federico Federico, Was it compiled statical or dynamical? The first...

<Plug> HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & HP 9000 (HP-UX) Server
Below is a pricing guide of internal disk drives for most of the HP e3000 & HP 9000 server line. Feel free to email if you have any questions or want pricing but do not see your HP server listed. All disks have a one-year warranty & include mounting hardware.=20 HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & 9000 (HP-UX) Server - Internal Disk Drives HP e3000 - A & N Class MPE/iX Servers HP 9000 - rp74xx, rp54xx, rp24xx, N4000, A500, & L2000 Class HP-UX Servers=20 36GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $160.00 73GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $275.00 146GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI D...

HP Visualize C3600
Hello, I recently bought a C3600 workstation w/ 0.5 GB RAM on e-bay for training purposes. Well, despite having "workstation" on its description/name, I think it could be seen as a PA/RISC server, so it could be good for learning (don't think so?). My questions are: 1) Which is the higher version of HPUX I could install on it? I know at least it supports 11i (v.1) but I'm interested in knowing whether it could support newer versions (let's say 11.31?). 2) Does it exist any legal way to (freely) obtain security updates for the OS? Finally, I'd like to contact other ...

URGENT
I know this is the wrong place but I am sure someone here uses HP-UX as well as openvms I would be happy to pay for the iso download just need it as I ordered the new kit this morning and have been told it could take 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call me 912 7868501 or 877 636 4332 dturner@islandco.com David Turner ...

How to Depot & configure Bash shell to work in HP-UX
Hi, Since there is No Bash Shell comes with HP Box . Anybody have idea to install & configure bash shell to work in HP-UX. Makanna Makannam <mahe25@gmail.com>: > Hi, > > Since there is No Bash Shell comes with HP Box . Anybody have idea to > install & configure bash shell to work in HP-UX. I use the bash depot from the Porting Centre. Alexander Skwar -- Insanity is considered a ground for divorce, though by the very same token it is the shortest detour to marriage. -- Wilson Mizner ...

HPSBUX02337 SSRT080072 rev.1

a question about Oracle 9202 client share library on HP-UX 11i ver2 IA64 and HP-UX 11i ver2 PA-RISC
Hi,all I want know that the dynamic link library of oracle (my version is 9.2.0.2 for HP-UX IA64) have some different between above two different platform? My issue is our application platform can't build on our IA64 HP-UX 11i B.11.23. The installation log always alert 'can not find the client share library libclntsh.sl.9.0'. but our Oracle for HP-UX just create libclntsh.so.9.0. I think our oracle is all right,but the issue is still after succesfully create libclntsh.sl.9.0 that it created by genclntsh that i modify the file suffix parameter 'so' to 'sl'.Our ...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

HPSBUX02587 SSRT100215 rev.1

HP 3000 to HP-UX systems
To all, What is the similar system to an HP 937 system on HP-UX? Is it an F class? Who knows of a family description for the systems comparing the HP 3000 to HP-UX? Thanks, Jeff Jeff Kubler Kubler Consulting, Inc. 541-745-7457 jeff@kublerconsulting.com www.kublerconsulting.com * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * If I understand correctly what you mean by a 937, then an RX2660 would be the comparable HP-UX machine today. It is an Integrity machine, though HP-UX comes with a P...

RS232 HP-UX HP Integrity
Hi, I have an HP9000 HP-UX based appplication that uses RS232 ports to communicate with real time devices. We want to move this application to HP Integrity Is there a card/device that will provide RS232 communication on an HP Integrity HP-UX server? Thanks Andrew andrewr@cornasys.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have an HP9000 HP-UX based appplication that uses RS232 ports to > communicate with real time devices. > > We want to move this application to HP Integrity > > Is there a card/device that will provide RS232 communication on an HP > Integrity HP-UX server? >...

HPSBUX02249 SSRT071442 rev.2

HPSBUX02249 SSRT071442 rev.1 HP-UX Running the Ignite-UX or the DynRootDisk (DRD) get_system_info Command, Local Unqualified Configuration Change

HPSBUX02249 SSRT071442 rev.3

Configuring Apache to run in 32 bit compatibility mode on Itanium & HP-UX 11.23
We need Apache to run in 32 bit compatibility mode on an Itanium HP- UX11.23. The default installed version of Apache is 64-bit 2.0.54. We also tried installing Apache 32 bit 2.0.58 from http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUXWSSUITE We are trying to load our custom library in Apache httpd process. The library is built on HP PA-RISC 11.11 machine. It loads correctly on HP PA-RISC 11.11 machine. In both cases, this is the error we are getting: Syntax error on line 1148 of /opt/hpws/apache32/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /data/steve/webgate704/access/ob...

HP Openview Hp-UX administrative position
I have a HP Openview position available administrating on Hp-UX machines. SUMMARY: Provide the primary support for the network monitoring systems and assist in the overall support of the enterprise-wide network. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Thorough working knowledge of HP Openview running on a HP Unix machine. 2. Perform system administration of Sun Solaris and HPUX servers. This includes upgrades, backups, disaster recovery, patches, and development of custom scripts using Perl, POSIX shell, and C++. 3. Working knowledge of enterprise-network reporting systems, preferring exp...

HP-UX 10.20 on an HP 2600?
Hi everyone, Has anybody successfully managed to load 10.20 on an HP2600? If so, can someone tell me which media they used? Assuming there is a version that works with a 2600 (and I'm pretty certain that there is) has anyone got any ideas where I might get the media? HP can't supply it apparently. Best Regards Guy Guy Shepherd wrote: > Has anybody successfully managed to load 10.20 on an HP2600? If so, > can someone tell me which media they used? What is an "HP2600"? If You mean an HP b2600 then forget it, it's not supported by 10.20 and won't run it. &...

HP Expected to Drop Trucluster from HP-UX
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19973 HP expected to drop Trucluster from HP-UX "HP expected to drop Trucluster from HP-UX Top man flees to EMC By Eva Glass: Wednesday 01 December 2004, 07:54 SOURCES CLAIMED that Hewlett Packard will shortly announce that TruCluster technology is now very unlikely to be incorporated into the HP-UX OS. If the reports are correct, HP will have some explaining to do to customers it gave assurances to when it first punted the plans after it bought Compaq. The same sources suggest that a team of developers at Nashua ...

Where do I find freeware for HP-UX
Help please. Where can I find freeware for HP-UX . Thanks In article <uG_Ic.62102$qw1.19420@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>, Ray Muforosky wrote: > Help please. Where can I find freeware for HP-UX . > > Thanks Check out one of the many "Software Porting And Archive Centre for HP-UX" sites. One can be found here: http://hpux.connect.org.uk/ Kevin Ray Muforosky wrote: > Help please. Where can I find freeware for HP-UX . > > Thanks > > THere is linux for PA-Risc, hence you donnot need HP-UX: http://www.openpa.net/ Select your computer model and see i...

RS232 HP-UX HP Integrity #2
Hi, I have an HP9000 HP-UX based appplication that uses RS232 ports to communicate with real time devices. We want to move this application to HP Integrity Is there a card/device that will provide RS232 communication on an HP Integrity HP-UX server? Thanks Andrew ...

Web resources about - Configuring Cognos PPES on HP-UX & Essbase on HP-UX - comp.databases.olap

Configuring Your Xcode Project for Distribution
Describes the common workflows to develop, test, and distribute your app.

Installing and configuring Graphite
Here are some notes I jotted down while installing and configuring Graphite, which isn't a trivial task, although the official documentation ...

Configuring Android Data Binding Just Got Easier
The [Android Data Binding Guide](https://developer.android.com/tools/data-binding/guide.html) was recently updated with a new way to configure ...

Hands on: Configuring Apple's NetBoot service, Part 1
NetBoot allows admins to use the same network-based image for Macs throughout a network; here are some tips and tricks for making it work for ...

Configuring a secure Ubuntu Linux Virtual Private Server
... acid which is a web based application to be able to view snort alerts $ sudo apt-get install acidbase Select No when it prompts you for configuring ...

Custom Configuring Java Apps: Extending log4j
Creating an extended, server-side version of a log4j Logger that automatically configures itself and adds printf -like logging methods to the ...

T-Mobile networks start configuring themselves, thanks to Eden Rock
T-Mobile US has tapped Eden Rock Communications , a Seattle-area wireless networking startup, to add some self-awareness to its networks. Eden ...

Why NASA Is Re-Configuring Part of the International Space Station
NASA robotics flight controllers are preparing for moving day at the International Space Station.

Configuring two wireless routers with one SSID (network name) at home for free roaming - Scott Hanselman ...
Scott Hanselman on Programming, User Experience, The Zen of Computers and Life in General