Dimension from different columns of fact table?

Hi,
   Following is the scenario. A customer makes a phone call and
requests about three services provided by our company. This
information is stored in the fact table in one row. The fact table
looks like

 [(Call ID);(Date);(Svc 1);(Svc 2);(Svc 3)].

"Svc"  columns will have 1 or 0 depending upon whether the customer
requested for that service in that particular call.

If the fact table contains two rows with
   1) one customer asking for service 1 and service 3
   2) second customer asking for all three services
how can i create a service dimension so that I can create output like

"Services"-----"No of calls"
-----------------------------
"Svc 1"  ------- 2
"Svc 2"  ------- 1
"Svc 3"  ------- 2

Thanks
Kri
0
googleact
11/15/2004 3:26:17 AM
comp.databases.olap 2325 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Does Warehouse has Dimensions and Facts table or it is datamart which has Dimension and facts table
Hi All, We all are talking lots about Dimensions and fact table in warehouse. I would like to know few thing from experts: 1) Dimensions and facts are in Warehouse or Datamarts. 2) If we have Dimension and facts in Warehouse and datamart then what the difference in design. Waititng for reply. Regards Umesh Choudhary Not really a guru in DW construction .... but my 2c worth ... Datamarts are really just a subset of the DataWarehouse. The design principles are the same, but focus is on just one Geography or one Business Area (however you choose to organise your busine...

Does Warehouse has Dimensions and Facts table or it is datamart which has Dimension and facts table #2
Hi All, We all are talking lots about Dimensions and fact table in warehouse. I would like to know few thing from experts: 1) Dimensions and facts are in Warehouse or Datamarts. 2) If we have Dimension and facts in Warehouse and datamart then what the difference in design. Waititng for reply. Regards Umesh Choudhary ...

Combine columns and find the sum for the matched columns from a different table
Hi I am getting a problem while combining two columns (x, y) in a matrix (from first excel file). After the first step, I need to match the combined name (x,y) with similar name from a second matrix (from a second excel file). Then I need to find the sum of rows matching the name from the first matrix. Here is an example. Table 1 Table 2 1.2 1.4 1.2 1.3 20 1.2 1.6 1.2 1.4 30 1.2 ...

Is is possible to use different alignment in different column for table matrix?
Hi All, Is it possible to set justification on each column individually (right/ left/center) in TableMatrix? Please find the attached sample application. Thanks, Joy #!/usr/bin/perl use Tk; $mw = MainWindow->new; $mw->configure(-title=>'Testing'); $mw->minsize(qw(500 200)); $menu = $mw->Frame()->pack(-side=>'top',-fill=>'x'); $menu_file = $menu->Menubutton(-text=>'File',-tearoff=>'false')->pack(- side=>'left'); $menu_file->command(-label=>'Exit',-command=>sub{$mw-&g...

How to get database metadata information (i.e. existing tables and columns in tables)
Hi, Is it possible to retrieve details about the database, specifically a list of the tables in the database; and then to retrieve the columns and their types for the tables? Is this dependant on the database? Thanks Chris Chris Brat wrote: > Is it possible to retrieve details about the database, specifically a > list of the tables in the database; and then to retrieve the columns > and their types for the tables? Yes. > Is this dependant on the database? Yes. Real databases usually store meta-data (list of tables, list of columns, list of indexes aso...) in system tab...

DataBase Table Columns
Is there a max. Number of columns that can be used in a Table using 5.5.3 ? I know with 5.2 if I had more than 15 columns in a table the whole database became unstable I was just wondering if that still holds true or if 100 columns in a table is as stable as just 1 column. Thanks In article <c7-dnTLcOu05_A_cRVn-qg@rogers.com>, "JM" <no@Spam.tu> wrote: > Is there a max. Number of columns that can be used in a Table using 5.5.3 ? No. > I know with 5.2 if I had more than 15 columns in a table the whole database > became unstable I was ju...

join between two tables of 2 differents databases mounted on 2 differents servers
Hi, I would like to to create a join select statement between 2 tables each one being on different databases and different servers. I have created a link between the two databases but the remote table is not recognised when I do the select statement. Any idea ? Thanks, Laurent "Laurent RUHLMANN" <lruhlmann@ingesoft.fr> wrote in message news:bv8gbj$af3$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net... | Hi, | | I would like to to create a join select statement between 2 tables each one | being on different databases and different servers. I have created a link | between the two databases but...

Proc Report with ODS RTF: How to create a table with different numbers of columns in different set of rows ?
Hi All, Sometimes, we need create a RTF table that has different numbers of columns within different sets of rows. Here is a rough example: --------------------------- | | | | --------------------------- | | | | ---------------------------- | | | | | | ---------------------------- Does anyone know how we can generate such kind of tables with Proc REPORT + ODS RTF? Your advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. LZ LZ wro...

How to match two columns in a table with a column in another table
Hello How to match two columns in a table with a column in another table. I am using Sybase server. It has two tables - Customer and Country Customer table stores customer information and country table is just a matching table. Customer Table has: customer_id firstname lastname place_of_born (i.e country_code) retirement_country (i.e country_code) Country Table has: country_code (e.g. Aus) country_description (e.g Australia) My idea is showing the country_description of place_of_born and retirement_country instead of country_code after sql query. My expect result is ...

Create a table with a column for each record in a 1 column table
Hi and thanks in advance for your help! I have Access 2000. I have imported a delinited text file and now have table with one column containing 100 records. I would like to display these values in a form. I think what I must do now is convert my table with 100 records into a table with 1 record and 100 columns. Is this correct thinking? Then how do I do that? The column names are not important. Thanks again! Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! There's no reason you can't show 100 rows on a ...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegr...

Querying tables from different databases
Hello, I am quite new to ms-sql and I have a problem : I want to create an SQL request which would copy serveral records from a table in a given database to another table (with exactly the same structure) in another database (theses two tables and databases already exist). Could you please tell me how to do this ? I dont know how to access two different databases in a single SQL request. Thank you for you help. You can use 3-part names to qualify the object references: INSERT INTO MyDatabase1.dbo.MyTable1 SELECT * FROM MyDatabase2.dbo.MyTable2 -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Serv...

Matrix with different dimensions for each column
Hi, I would like to have a matrix with different dimensions (rows) for each column, for example, I want the first column has 3 rows, the second one 5 rows, the third one 10 rows, and so on..... With a simple array it is not possible, and then I make an array (for my columns) of clusters and each cluster has another array (rows for that column). Is it the best way to do it? Is it correct? Thanks, ToNi. ...

Synchronization of tables in Different database??
hi.... I am a new memeber of this group..... I am also working in Delhi..... I am facing a problem of Synchronization.... I have two database(MSSQL) , which contain a table with same name (DeptTable),schema of table in both the database is also same. table in first database contains few records and sencond is empty.I simply want to tranfer data from first(DeptTable)table to the Second(DeptTable)table. If anyone have any idea pls send reply thanks :-) ...

Combining tables from different databases
Hi. I'm currently working on a project which involves the creation of a web page which reports selected data to customers from two back-end systems. I use ASP script language on IIS, the server is MS SQL 2000. Now I'm struggling with combining two tables from the different databases. I'm sure it's simple enough, but I'm a little short on the SQL expertise. I've got two databases, db1 and db2, and then two tables, db1.t1 and db2.t2. I need to combine these two tables (both tables have a matching key field) to make a list of all items from db1.t1, and those who correspo...

I want to update the column in a table based on the updation of the other column in the same table
Hi , I want to update the column in a table based on the updation of the other column in the same table, but not getting the desired result. DDL: CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TestTable]( [Col1] [int] NULL, [Col2] [int] NULL, [Col3] [int] NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] Insert into (Col1, Col2, Col3) Values(1 , 1, 1) Desired Result Col1 = 2 Col2 = 3 Col3 = 4 This is the query that I'm using update TestTable set Col1= Col1 + 1, Col2 = Col1 + 1, Col3 = Col2 + 1 but the result I get is Col1 = 2 Col2 = 2 Col3 = 2 Thanks for your help in advance. (abinesh.agarwal@gmail.com) writes: > I want t...

Accessing tables from different databases
Hi all, I want to access a table-1 of database-1 from database-2. Is it possible in pgsql. If so, is it possible to define a foreign key constraint for a column in table-2 in database-2 which references to a column in table-1 in database-1. TIA regards, Deepa K. ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives? http://archives.postgresql.org Look at contrib/dblink. Regards. Fernando. En un mensaje anterior, K. Deepa escribi�: > Hi all, &...

wrong table/column dimensions
Hi I try to insert a table with a certain width, which should contain columns of different width (since the amount of text varies quite a lot and equal sized columns would cost me lots of space). However, whenever I define the dimensions of the whole table and the columns, the columns exceed the table width (although the horizontal lines are o.k.). A minimum example would be something like: \documentclass{scrartcl} \begin{document} \begin{tabular*}{165mm}{|p{25mm}|p{25mm}|p{25mm}|p{30mm}|p{30mm}| p{30mm}|}\hline Wissens\-domaene & Fahr\-auf\-gaben\-ebene & Subdomaene & Bsp. &...

Joining tables in different databases
Hi I'm working on an ASP project where the clients want to be able to effectively perform SELECT queries joining tables from two different databases (located on the same SQL-Server). Does this involve creating virtual tables that link to another database, or am I completely on the wrong track? Any hints as to where I might find more information (buzz-words, etc.) would be most appreciated. Thanks Use 3-part naming: select * from dbo.MyTable l join OtherDB.dbo.OtherTable o on o.PK = l.PK -- Tom ---------------------------------------------------- Thomas A. More...

linking tables to different databases
Hello- Here is my situation. I have multiple copies of the same database on our MS SQL server (same program, but differnet funding streams). I have an Access 2003 front end that I link to the SQL server for ad-hoc reports and queries. I link all the tables I need from a database (for instance: dbo.tProvider, dbo.tParents, etc) Then I rename the tables links in Access to just tParents, tProvider... this way I can have one query, one report - I just update the links to the new database whenever I need to change sources. Is there a clever way of renaming the 'linked' table names in Acces...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Manipulating tables from different database
I am using DAO in DB1 to copy certain parts of a table (TABLE1) from DB2 into another table in DB1. This works fine but now I would like to make a copy of TABLE1 in DB2 called TABLEBACKUP and then delete TABLE1. I need to be able to manipulate the tables in DB2 from controls and visual basic code in DB1. Is this possible? Thanks in advance missimaths@hotmail.com (MissiMaths) wrote: >I am using DAO in DB1 to copy certain parts of a table (TABLE1) from >DB2 into another table in DB1. This works fine but now I would like to >make a copy of TABLE1 in DB2 called TABLEBACKUP and then dele...

Relationships error, C# Visual Studio 2005 database bug?, "the columns in table XYZ do not match an existing primary key or UNIQUE constraint", copying columns
Problem: I replicated, using Frasier "Pro Visual C++/CLI" (2006), Chap 12, a database that has a relationship between two tables, called Content and Author, using a common column, called "AuthorID". I used the Server Explorer insider Visual Studio 2005 to do this. It worked. Now I tried the exact same thing from Visual Studio 2005 but this time using C# not C++ as my language of choice. The interface is slightly different, but I made sure everything was done as before. I used the Server Explorer 'GUI' to do this, clicking and following the 'wizards' as...

Web resources about - Dimension from different columns of fact table? - comp.databases.olap

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of spaces. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Where To Find Dimensions, Specifications For Facebook Ad Units
As Facebook continues to simplify and tweak its advertising offerings, staying on top of details such as dimensions and specifications can be ...

Samsung Galaxy S7 dimensions seemingly revealed in new schematics leak
Yesterday, a report stated Samsung would look to make the regular and 'Edge' versions of the Galaxy S7 in two different sizes. While the Galaxy ...

Exclusive: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge dimensions confirmed in new leak
Shai Mizrachi With CES and MWC coming up in the next few months, we're starting to hear more about the new flagships for the early part of the ...

Cam Newton adds new dimension to QB position, likely to add Super Bowl title to his resume
Denver has a good defense, but not great, and certainly not good enough to stop Carolina quarterback Cam Newton in the 50th Super Bowl , at Levi ...

Add new dimensions of productivity to your Mac [Deals]
Another day, another batch of new ways to trick out your Mac. From fully removing deleted apps and all their digital detritus, to creating timelapses, ...

The Energy Dimension Of Turkey’s Russia Problem
It would behoove Turkey to deescalate tensions before Russia uses its massive energy apparatus to shut off power