Copy data from one oracle database to another

Hello,

I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records
from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table
structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for
column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to
remain constant.
The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines.
So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that.

The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I
have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ?

Can anyone suggest or advise?
Thanks in Advance.

Kapil

0
Kapil
4/4/2006 5:04:37 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Kapil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records
> from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table
> structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for
> column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to
> remain constant.
> The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines.
> So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that.
>
> The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I
> have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ?
>
> Can anyone suggest or advise?
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Kapil

If 10g use Change Data Capture or write an external table. You can find
demos of both in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org. The CDC demo is
named Streams Demo 2.

If an earlier version either create a database link, export, or
write the records out to a file using UTL_FILE.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org