Copy data from one oracle database to another

Hello,

I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records
from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table
structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for
column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to
remain constant.
The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines.
So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that.

The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I
have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ?

Can anyone suggest or advise?
Thanks in Advance.

Kapil

0
Kapil
4/4/2006 5:04:37 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Kapil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records
> from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table
> structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for
> column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to
> remain constant.
> The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines.
> So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that.
>
> The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I
> have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ?
>
> Can anyone suggest or advise?
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Kapil

If 10g use Change Data Capture or write an external table. You can find
demos of both in Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org. The CDC demo is
named Streams Demo 2.

If an earlier version either create a database link, export, or
write the records out to a file using UTL_FILE.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril On 10 Aug 2004, jewelk@free.fr wrote: > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a > sqlserver 2000 database. A few options exist. If this is one-off, just use sqlldr to drop the data to a file and then bcp to get it into SQLServer. > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, ...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one
hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc. what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point. thank you! "noumian" <n.noumia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1e751a0c-d5ca-4f2c-a126-d97ad842da61@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. > i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another compu...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.
It seems the backup and restore method does not work. On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Apr 17, 2:57=A0pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. > > Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? > > -- > Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com...

copy data from one database to another
Hi I am trying to go about copying data from one database to another. The source database is SQL server, and the destination is an Oracle database. While I can access both database' fine, and insert into the oracle database fine, I am having trouble copying data from the SQL DB to the Oracle DB. What I was initially trying to do was copy all the required data into a resultSet, and then transfer this into the Oracle DB. But i probablt cannot insert this block of data in the resultSet directly into the Oracle db i supposed??? If anyone could suggest a better more efficient way to ...

Migrating Data from One Oracle Database to the Other
Please what's the best tool i can use to transfer data from one Oracle DB to another Exp/imp. They'ew platform independant. "Jubri" <biodjib@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c2ERh.71$V15.50@trnddc02... > Please what's the best tool i can use to transfer data from one Oracle DB > to another > ...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

copying data and structure from one database to another
Hi all! I have an application that needs to copy the database structure from one database to another without using the "Generate SQL Script" function in Enterprise Manager. I'd like to do this from within a stored procedure. Can someone recommend the best approach for this? I've seen references to using SQL-DMO from a stored procedure using the sp_OA* procs in other postings to this group but was wondering if there was an easier way? Can I use bcp and then use xp_cmdshell from within my stored procedure? It's not clear to me from the documentation whether bcp copies bot...

Oracle 10g
Hi! I would like to find an application which allows me to read data from a database (object-relational database schema), display it visually, make it editable and offer me the opportunity to write changed data to the database. Does anyone have experience with Visio or some other tool? Timo Toad is a good choice. Try google. You'll find it. Umberto "timoomit" <timo.flad@octocon.de> wrote in message news:1146045907.917129.126700@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... : Hi! : : I would like to find an application which allows me to read data from a : database (object-relational database schema), display it visually, make : it editable and offer me the opportunity to write changed data to the : database. : : Does anyone have experience with Visio or some other tool? : : Timo : Application Express (Formerly HTML-DB) Comes with the database. [++ mcs] How about SQL Developer, available for free from Technet (http://technet.oracle.com). HTH, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland oracle_dba@nospam.peasland.net http://www.peasland.net Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me. "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown "Brian Peasland" <oracle_dba@nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message news:IyBzLn.6B9@igsrsparc2.er.usgs.gov... : How about S...

Copy data from one database instance to another on the same server
I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database that is on the same server. What is the best method of doing this? Can I use SQL Developer/PL/SQL, or must I use an external tool? Thanks CJM "CJM" <cjmnews04@REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:4qu2buFoeuvbU1@individual.net... >I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live >database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database >that is on the same server. > ...

I need to move oracle database from one to another server
Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right SUN server SUN server Solaris Oracle database And now. Left server is working. But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems. After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now. I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do: On the ...

how to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database
I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database. Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical a can't export those owner through exp/imp utility.. example exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public> file=public_synonims.dmp any idea??? Tom wrote: > I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database. > > Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical > a can't export those > owner through exp/imp utility.. >...

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Pointed out first on the Informix usenet group where they are watching a great product, first marginalized, now suffering the death of a thousand paper-cuts. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote: > http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Is Oracle trying to take over the world? Laurenz Albe Laurenz Albe wrote: > DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> ...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

How to copy records from one database to another one ?
Hi, I'm new to Filemaker Pro and I cannot figure out how to copy a record or a group of records from one database to another one. I tried to export the record(s) but, as I had to re-map the fields, I found it very time-consuming. Note : the 2 databases have exactly the same design. Actually, it is the same database which has been used on 2 different machines and now I need to consolidate the data. Thanks in advance for your help. Jesus Gonzalez (jesgon@belgacom.net) * Jesus Gonzalez <gonzalezjesus@hotmail.com>: > Hi, > > I'm new to Filemaker Pro and I cannot figu...

Problem selecting Data with Object-Studio from Oracle-Database with Oracle-Client-Version 9.0.1 installed
Hi All! Here are my Details: While trying to Select Data from a Table in an Oracle-Database we encountered problems. We have to (!) use an Oracle 9.0.1 Client on Windows XP Pro! We start an unchanged Object-Studio 6.8. From the "Load Application"-Dialog we choose "Oracle 9.2". In an Object-Studio-Workspace we execute the following Code: | mydb result | mydb := OracleDatabase logOnServer: #MYORACLE user: #SCOTT password: #TIGER alias: #MYORACLE. "mydb inspect." "(OracleDatabase accessName: #MYORACLE) inspect." "(mydb active) inspec...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

How to copy Database Structure from one db to another w/o affecting data
Is there a way to copy the structure from one database to another without affecting the actual data? For example, I added new fields and stored procedures to a db in my development environment. There are a lot of them. I now want to make the same changes to my production environment db but don't want to affect the data. Only the fields, stored procs & constraints and stuff pertaining to the structure of the db should be changed. Does anyone know of a program that can do this or can this be done in MS SQL Enterprise Manager. Any help would be appreciated. 7078895 <spamproof2...

Web resources about - Copy data from one oracle database to another - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...