Create XML file from XMLTYPE column in oracle database #2

Hi All,

Could someone please help me how to create xml doc from database with
xmltype datatype?

I want something like utl_file.put_line.

Help appreciated.
Thanks!

0
lizansi
6/12/2006 3:56:37 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Create XML file from XMLTYPE column in oracle database
Hi All, Could someone please help me how to create xml doc from database with xmltype datatype? I want something like utl_file.put_line. Help appreciated. Thanks! lizansi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > Could someone please help me how to create xml doc from database with > xmltype datatype? > > I want something like utl_file.put_line. > > Help appreciated. > Thanks! Go to asktom.oracle.com and put in the search box: xml output jg -- @home.com is bogus. http://www.davidbowieisverydisappointedinyou.com/ ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

SN#22814 Oracle Partitioning in Oracle Database 11g Release 2
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 144 Issue 4 2010-02-25 Article 22814 from section "Oracle" Get the Latest Partitioning Techniques, Learn About Latest Enhancements Oracle Partitioning can improve the performance, manageability, and availability for applications, the company asserts. Part of the Oracle Database, Oracle Partitioning is the subject of a white paper that discusses the latest partitioning techniques, enhanced scalability, and extended manageability capabilities now available in the latest Oracle Database 11g Release 2. ...

Articles on Oracle database, Oracle Exam Dumps (OCP)absolutely free #2
Dear Friends, Kindly dont ignore this mail. This is not a spam. Visit the link to get OCP dumps online absolutely free: http://neworacledba.blogspot.com/2008/04/oracle-exam-dumps-absolutely-free_5977.html See interesting articles on Oracle at: http://www.neworacledba.blogspot.com/ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. ...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

How to use icons (database, database backup, save, delete etc.) in Oracle forms 5? #2
Hello, Thanks for your reply. Could you plz inform me how should I set the environmental variable in order to attach the menus on buttons in an Oracle forms. Thanks Martin Martin wrote: > Hello, > > Thanks for your reply. > Could you plz inform me how should I set the environmental variable in > order to attach the menus on buttons in an Oracle forms. > > Thanks > > Martin You need to read the documentation. I say this because how to do it is operating system dependenat and partially because you need to invest a bit of effort on your...

[FAQ] Oracle Database FAQ #2 #2
Archive-name: databases/oracle-faq Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 1.04 FAQ ABOUT THE ORACLE FAQ: ------------------------- The following topics are addressed in this FAQ: 1. Where is the Oracle FAQ located? 2. What is in the Oracle FAQ? 3. Who should use the Oracle FAQ? 4. Where can one post Oracle related questions? 5. How does one add information to the Oracle FAQ? 6. Can I add my own FAQ to the Oracle FAQ site? 7. Are there any translation projects for this FAQ? 8. Legal stuff 1) Where is the Oracle FAQ located? The Oracle FAQ is available on the Web at the follow...

Old Oracle database 7.2.2
I have an old Oracle database 7.2.2 installed on my server HP with Sco Open Server 5.0.4. This version of O.S. is the last certified by Oracle. I have lots of personalized forms (VT220 emulation) and reports (SQL report 1.0) and, I don't want to upgrade to new release but, owing to hardware update with fastest processor and with new lan and PCI adapter, I need to upgrade the O.S. Somebody may help me if the last version of Sco Open server could support this old database? Linux could support it too? Thanks in advance for a reply. Wow... I still have the cdrom's for Orac...

Oracle Database #2
Training Classes for Oracle10g, 9i, 8i Certification training in Oracle10g and 9i: DBA, Developer, Discoverer. training conducted at your location worldwide. Courseware licensing also available. http://a.uuload.com/Oracle-Database.htm Unlock the Value of Your IT System Confio Software's Ignite for Oracle uses wait-event analysis to improve database performance by 65% or more. Gain visibility of every Oracle wait event. Download free trial today. http://a.uuload.com/Oracle-Database.htm Oracle Database Training, Practice Tests Self Test Software offers dynamic practice tests, online traini...

How to create a database under Oracle?
Someone can explain me how to create a new database under oracle? djake@excite.it wrote: > Someone can explain me how to create a new database under oracle? That's no small explanation. Assuming, because you have absolutely no details -- eg. how much you know, what OS, what version you'd like to use, is the Oracle software already installed, etc -- that you are a newbie, then check the docs: http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html djake@excite.it wrote: > Someone can explain me how to create a new database under oracle? RTFM. I wonder if ...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a databas...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Tha...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril On 10 Aug 2004, jewelk@free.fr wrote: > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a > sqlserver 2000 database. A few options exist. If this is one-off, just use sqlldr to drop the data to a file and then bcp to get it into SQLServer. > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, ...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi Sven. Try the following command. dbexport <your database>. Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> ..unl is ASCII file ..sql is create table script. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >Reply-To: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle >Date: 15 Oct 2003 23:35:11 -0700 > >Hi, >I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, >but its my job to tra...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Web resources about - Create XML file from XMLTYPE column in oracle database #2 - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...