Do I need oracle database to use oracle developer suite?

I need to use oracle forms and have got oracle developer suite 10g
which seems to contain the tools needed for this.

But it does not seem to contain the actual oracle database, just
development tools...

Do I need to install a different product first? Or have I just not
found the right option in developer suite?

If I need to get the database, what exactly do I need? I believe I can
use the developer license for the work I need to do.
Thanks for any help,
John Burton

0
John
9/9/2004 10:59:14 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"John Burton" <john.burton@jbmail.com> wrote in message
| I need to use oracle forms and have got oracle developer suite 10g
| which seems to contain the tools needed for this.
|
| But it does not seem to contain the actual oracle database, just
| development tools...
|
| Do I need to install a different product first? Or have I just not
| found the right option in developer suite?
|
| If I need to get the database, what exactly do I need? I believe I can
| use the developer license for the work I need to do.
| Thanks for any help,
| John Burton

yes, the database is separate

you can download it from OTN

should not cause a problem installing it after installing the tools, but
perhaps someone else can comment on that

fyi:  use c.d.o.tools for developer questions
use c.d.o.server for database questions

++ mcs

0
Mark
9/9/2004 11:12:41 AM
John Burton wrote:

> I need to use oracle forms and have got oracle developer suite 10g
> which seems to contain the tools needed for this.
>
> But it does not seem to contain the actual oracle database, just
> development tools...
>
> Do I need to install a different product first? Or have I just not
> found the right option in developer suite?
>
> If I need to get the database, what exactly do I need? I believe I can
> use the developer license for the work I need to do.
> Thanks for any help,
> John Burton

Install the 10g database and you will need to copy the tnsnames.ora file
from the database install to the forms install. Be sure to read the docs
on having multiple Oracle home directories available at
http://tahiti.oracle.com before you start.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

0
Daniel

Web resources about - Do I need oracle database to use oracle developer suite? - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

App developers clamour for live petrol price data to help motorists find cheap fuel
Previously secret real-time service station data on petrol prices is on the verge of being released to the public, with app developers lining ...

App developers are angry at the latest glitch to hit the Mac App Store
Some Mac applications wouldn't open for users this week, and developers who publish software on Apple's Mac App Store were upset about the issue, ...

The Old Republic developer is hiring for a "new, unannounced BioWare IP"
It looks like The Old Republic developer BioWare Austin is working on an entirely new IP with MMO elements. In a job listing , BioWare Austin ...

Forbes Career Opportunity: PHP Developer
... Technology team develops and supports web-based solutions across the network of Forbes Media properties. We are currently seeking a PHP Developerto ...

Layoffs hit Dungeon Defenders developer
Dungeon Defenders developer Trendy Entertainment has laid off an undetermined number of staff at its Gainesville, Florida studio, Kotaku reports. ...

Political Heavyweight Real Estate Developer Settles Civil Rights Lawsuit
Glenwood Management, the luxury real estate developer cited (but not charged) in both Dean Skelos and Sheldon Silver’s public corruption trials ...

Clash Of Clans: Understanding The New Developer Website(API)
Clash of Clans continues to be the biggest and most successful mobile gaming title to date, giving birth to a number of spin-offs and other titles ...

Firewatch Developer Offers Classy Response To Steam Refund Request
Last weekend, one Firewatch player was having a monetary dilemma. They’d beaten the game. They liked the game, which tasks players with hiking ...