Doubts on Oracle RAC

Hi All,

Have few questions related to Oracle RAC, Please provide your inputs on these :

1. Based on what condition load balancing is happening between 3 Nodes?

2. Suppose 10 queries are executed from the application to the Database, how the load balancing happens in this scenario :
a. The first 3 queries will go to Node1, the next 3 queries will go to Node2 and next 3 queries goes to Node3; and the last query goes to Node1 again?
b. The first 4 queries will go to Node1, the next 3 queries will go to Node2 and next 3 queries goes to Node3 ?
c. Any limit that can be set to a node on the No.Of queries executed, like 20 queries can be executed in Node1 and 30 queries on Node2 ?
d. Any other comments related to this scenario ?

3. I have 2 databases (Database1 and Database2) and i need to configure to configure the 3 Node RAC as below :
a. Node1 to take INSERT and DELETE statements alone from Database1,
b. Node2 to take SELECT and UPDATE statements alone from Database1, and
c. Node3 to take all operations from Database2

i)   Is this possible, If yes how/where to configure these ?
ii)  How to identify that this scenario is working properly. Is there anything, other than AWR Reports to check this?
iii) RAC configuration files are placed in which server of this 3 Node RAC scenario ?
iv)  For Database1, data is stores in 3 places, Node1 server local storage, Node2 server local storage and Shared Storage (where Node1 and Node2 data syncs up). If yes, When does the data sync happens ?
v)   Any other comments ?

Thanks in Advance,
Raja
0
raja
10/14/2016 9:56:13 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"raja" <dextersunil@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 0ed0436f-79cd-44b8-8ef3-ccbed14a52bb@googlegroups.com...
| Hi All,
|
| Have few questions related to Oracle RAC, Please provide your inputs on these :
|
| 1. Based on what condition load balancing is happening between 3 Nodes?
|
| 2. Suppose 10 queries are executed from the application to the Database, how the load balancing happens in this scenario :
| a. The first 3 queries will go to Node1, the next 3 queries will go to Node2 and next 3 queries goes to Node3; and the last query
goes to Node1 again?
| b. The first 4 queries will go to Node1, the next 3 queries will go to Node2 and next 3 queries goes to Node3 ?
| c. Any limit that can be set to a node on the No.Of queries executed, like 20 queries can be executed in Node1 and 30 queries on
Node2 ?
| d. Any other comments related to this scenario ?
|
| 3. I have 2 databases (Database1 and Database2) and i need to configure to configure the 3 Node RAC as below :
| a. Node1 to take INSERT and DELETE statements alone from Database1,
| b. Node2 to take SELECT and UPDATE statements alone from Database1, and
| c. Node3 to take all operations from Database2
|
| i)   Is this possible, If yes how/where to configure these ?
| ii)  How to identify that this scenario is working properly. Is there anything, other than AWR Reports to check this?
| iii) RAC configuration files are placed in which server of this 3 Node RAC scenario ?
| iv)  For Database1, data is stores in 3 places, Node1 server local storage, Node2 server local storage and Shared Storage (where
Node1 and Node2 data syncs up). If yes, When does the data sync happens ?
| v)   Any other comments ?
|
| Thanks in Advance,
| Raja

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/202177/