Hello,

I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database.

Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
So,  what is the correct syntax ?

Thanks for your help

Cyril
0
jewelk
8/10/2004 2:15:16 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 10 Aug 2004, jewelk@free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a
> sqlserver 2000 database.

A few options exist.  If this is one-off, just use sqlldr to drop
the data to a file and then bcp to get it into SQLServer.

> Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
> So,  what is the correct syntax ?

Well, I'm sure SQLServer has connectivity to Oracle?  If you want
to go this route, use that and do this from SQLServer.

--
Galen Boyer
0
On 10 Aug 2004 07:15:16 -0700, jewelk@free.fr (Cyril) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database.
>
>Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
>So,  what is the correct syntax ?
>

>Thanks for your help
>
>Cyril

Read up on using the Heterogeneous Gateway to Sqlserver.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
"Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000
database.

> Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
> So,  what is the correct syntax ?

Do it from the sql server end using a graphical wizard (import data) and it
is tremendously easy.

I have a step by step on setting up generic connectivity on my site if you
wish to use sqlplus. For a one off job though I'd use sqlserver much much
easier.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Niall
8/10/2004 7:54:28 PM
"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<411927ed$0$20257$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>...
> "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000
>  database.
> >
> > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
> > So,  what is the correct syntax ?
>
> Do it from the sql server end using a graphical wizard (import data) and it
> is tremendously easy.
>
> I have a step by step on setting up generic connectivity on my site if you
> wish to use sqlplus. For a one off job though I'd use sqlserver much much
> easier.

Try unload Oracle tables into text flat file with WisdomForce
FastReader (www.wisdomforce.com). FastReader generates control files
for mssql loaders as well automatically.
0
john_miller_portland
8/28/2004 10:40:34 PM
jewelk@free.fr (Cyril) wrote in message news:<cd38c3d6.0408100615.6371b40e@posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database.
>
> Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ?
> So,  what is the correct syntax ?
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> Cyril

If your options include using 3rd-party tools, CampaignRunner can help
you here.  You can transfer data easily between  Oracle, SQL Server or
DB2.

Otherwise, the best option would be to extract the data from Oracle
into a delimited file, and then to use SQLServer's bcp tool to load it
into SQLServer.  The Oracle's documentation on sql*loader and Books
Online for SQLServer will provide the details on the commands that you
would need.

Good luck!
0
announce
8/30/2004 2:15:38 PM
I have done this several times in the past using SQL Server 2k and
Oracle 8i,9i.  The tool I used was Microsoft DTS, which is built into
the SQL server install.  It will allow you to choose a source and
destination data source, map columns and even transform data.

Jon
0
jonsantee

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Tha...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a databas...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi Sven. Try the following command. dbexport <your database>. Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> ..unl is ASCII file ..sql is create table script. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >Reply-To: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle >Date: 15 Oct 2003 23:35:11 -0700 > >Hi, >I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, >but its my job to tra...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features si...

Web resources about - How to copy table from oracle database to sqlserver database ? - comp.databases.oracle.misc

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...