how to do an update of the already encrypted data

hello
i really need help im working on transparent data encryption
i use this trigger to encrypte data

create or replace trigger encrypt_emp_rand
  before insert on emp
  for each row
  declare
  l_key  RAW(16) := dbms_crypto.randombytes(8);
  v_key  varchar2(50);
  begin
  v_key := utl_raw.cast_to_raw(l_key);
:new.id:=encryption(:new.id,l_key);
  :new.nom:=encryption(:new.nom,l_key);
  :new.prenom:=encryption(:new.prenom,l_key);
  :new.salaire:=encryption(:new.salaire,l_key);
:new.image:=l_key;
end;
  /
  show errors;
it work's when i insert data on table
i need to do this update
update emp set prenom=prenom||'XX'

Can someone help me
0
aithssaine
7/13/2015 1:40:51 PM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

If you use TDE then you don't need to encrypt, Oracle does it for you... transparently.
If you want to do it manually, by yourself, then your trigger must be in insert AND update.

Regards
Michel

<aithssaine.sanae@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 70e9d6a5-f852-475b-b0ff-9ced242752c1@googlegroups.com...
| hello
| i really need help im working on transparent data encryption
| i use this trigger to encrypte data
|
| create or replace trigger encrypt_emp_rand
|  before insert on emp
|  for each row
|  declare
|  l_key  RAW(16) := dbms_crypto.randombytes(8);
|  v_key  varchar2(50);
|  begin
|  v_key := utl_raw.cast_to_raw(l_key);
| :new.id:=encryption(:new.id,l_key);
|  :new.nom:=encryption(:new.nom,l_key);
|  :new.prenom:=encryption(:new.prenom,l_key);
|  :new.salaire:=encryption(:new.salaire,l_key);
| :new.image:=l_key;
| end;
|  /
|  show errors;
| it work's when i insert data on table
| i need to do this update
| update emp set prenom=prenom||'XX'
|

| Can someone help me

0
Michel
7/14/2015 11:11:09 AM
Thank's Michel for your replay
exactly  I want to do it  manually
if I am using the trigger before insert and update i can do a simple update
update emp set prenom='newName';
but i need to do this
update emp set prenom=prenom||'Something';

knowing that all columns are encrypted now
so i need first  to decrypte the columns ,then update finally encrypte using the old key stored on image;
need anwser as soon as possible
thank you in advance :)
0
Sanae
7/14/2015 5:45:56 PM
"Sanae" <aithssaine.sanae@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 5cfb507d-e776-498c-b436-facca332c933@googlegroups.com...
| Thank's Michel for your replay
| exactly  I want to do it  manually
| if I am using the trigger before insert and update i can do a simple update
| update emp set prenom='newName';
| but i need to do this
| update emp set prenom=prenom||'Something';
|
| knowing that all columns are encrypted now
| so i need first  to decrypte the columns ,then update finally encrypte using the old key stored on image;
| need anwser as soon as possible
| thank you in advance :)

You cannot do this.
You have to write a procedure and something like "set prenom=decrypt(prenom)||'something'".

Regards
Michel

0
Michel
7/14/2015 7:25:36 PM
I thank you for your reply but I need to do this by using trigger
as you know trigger will fire when i want to change any ancrypted columns

thank you in advance

regards
0
Sanae

Database Security Oracle
Database Security Oracle - Free Download of Data Encryption Software The Encryption Wizard, database encryption software, now released for Oracle 11g databases, offers cost-effective transparent data encryption and security. Free downloads are available at: http://www.relationalwizards.com/html/oracle_encryption.html RDC, Inc. announced today that their flagship security software offering, the Encryption Wizard for Oracle, is now available for the new Oracle 11g database. The Encryption Wizard is the first transparent data encryption tool designed for the Oracle RDBMS and affords users poin...

update database oracle 8.1.7 to oracle 9?
Hi How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9. Please help me. Thanks Slawek slawek wrote: > Hi > > How I can change my database for Oracle 8.1.7. to Oracle 9. > Please help me. Thanks > > > Slawek When you purchase the new version of Oracle it comes with an installation and migration manual. The details are in the manual. Basically install new version to new home Shutdown old database Restart using new ORACLE_HOME Run upgrade scripts There is a migration utility that pretty much automates this but we always perform the ta...

update oracle database when ever changes are made in access database
Hi all, well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous process either changes made or not so what should i do. "Varun" <varuns123@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message news:a76d8c39.0407272029.5df9d058@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so e...

Oracle 10g
Hi! I would like to find an application which allows me to read data from a database (object-relational database schema), display it visually, make it editable and offer me the opportunity to write changed data to the database. Does anyone have experience with Visio or some other tool? Timo Toad is a good choice. Try google. You'll find it. Umberto "timoomit" <timo.flad@octocon.de> wrote in message news:1146045907.917129.126700@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... : Hi! : : I would like to find an application which allows me to read data from a : d...

Encryption Wizard Offers Data Encryption for Oracle 10g Release 2.
Encryption Wizard Offers Data Encryption for Oracle 10g Release 2. For release: February. 2, 2006 LOS ANGELES - Relational Database Consultants Inc. (RDC) proudly announces version 5 release 4 of the Encryption Wizard for Oracle now shipping with compatibility with Oracle 10.2 database. The Encryption Wizard for Oracle is a sophisticated java-based database encryption and security tool providing point-and-click database protection using Oracle's tested and certified encryption package DBMS_Crypto. "With 10G Release 2 support now implemented", says RDC marketing dir...

Oracle Customers Combat Data Theft Using Encryption Wizard for Oracle 11g
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) September 18, 2007 - The Encryption Wizard, now released for Oracle 11g databases, offers cost-effective transparent data encryption for security. RDC, Inc. announced today that their flagship security software offering, the Encryption Wizard for Oracle, is now available for the new Oracle 11g database. The Encryption Wizard is the first transparent data encryption tool designed for the Oracle RDBMS and affords users point-and-click encryption of sensitive corporate data to guard against data-theft. Large Fortune 500 companies like Avis Budget Group, seeking co...

Update data in a database
Hi guys, There is a problem when updating a record in database. Have the details: I prepared a connection Conn and a table 'users'. I want to change the field lname to John where id = 20108. >> update(Conn, 'users', {'lname'}, {'John'},['where id = ''20108''']) This is running with no problem. But the problem is when I make id = (a variable) id = 20108; >> update(Conn, 'users', {'lname'}, {'John'},['where id = ''',id,'''']) This doesn't work and an ...

updating database in oracle
HI...I am very new to SAS/ACCESS, and my first task is to update a SAS dataset into Oracle database....can anyone help me..thanks I wasn't aware they'd stopped working. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Stephane Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 10:51 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: updating database in oracle Hi, PROC DBLOAD, PROC ACCESS work again ? St�phane. ----Message d'origine---- >Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:39:03 -0500 >De: Harry Droogendyk <harry.droogendyk@RBC.COM&...

Oracle Data Mining (ODM) : Oracle Data Miner
hello sir i am currently working on Oracle 10g in windows platform and i am using the Oracle Data Miner.i have the following problem, all the models are working perfectly but the association model shows some error.the error is this Task "ASSOC1" has an active execution running in the Data Mining Server (DMS). A Task can have only one active execution in the DMS. where ASSOC1 is the name of the model.i have deleted the instance and tried creating a new model with the same functionality and with different name but i am receiving the same error.could you please help me in this regard....

Oracle Data Mining (ODM) : Oracle Data Miner
hello sir i am currently working on Oracle 10g in windows platform and i am using the Oracle Data Miner.i have the following problem, all the models are working perfectly but the association model shows some error.the error is this Task "ASSOC1" has an active execution running in the Data Mining Server (DMS). A Task can have only one active execution in the DMS. where ASSOC1 is the name of the model.i have deleted the instance and tried creating a new model with the same functionality and with different name but i am receiving the same error.could you please help me in...

Problem selecting Data with Object-Studio from Oracle-Database with Oracle-Client-Version 9.0.1 installed
Hi All! Here are my Details: While trying to Select Data from a Table in an Oracle-Database we encountered problems. We have to (!) use an Oracle 9.0.1 Client on Windows XP Pro! We start an unchanged Object-Studio 6.8. From the "Load Application"-Dialog we choose "Oracle 9.2". In an Object-Studio-Workspace we execute the following Code: | mydb result | mydb := OracleDatabase logOnServer: #MYORACLE user: #SCOTT password: #TIGER alias: #MYORACLE. "mydb inspect." "(OracleDatabase accessName: #MYORACLE) inspect." "(mydb active) inspec...

Updating data in 4D database
Does anyone know how to update data in 4D? I am having trouble with this. I have the connection working and selecting the records works also. When I want to update or insert is where I am having the problem. I am getting this error..... Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)': [Simba][Simba ODBC Driver]Update Certification set certification.<< ???>>Key =...... I know key is a reserve word. I put it in [] and still gave me the same error. Can someone please help? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com This site is for developing databases in MS Acces...

Bulk Updates in Oracle Database
Hi, I am getting the data in XML file format. The amount of data is huge. I want to parse the XML (in Java) and ctreate Data Objects (DOs) out of it. Number of such DOs is typically around 30000+ Thus now I want to add the information in these DOs into Database. In other words, I want to insert 30000+ rows in Database. Let me know how it can be done efficiently. I know the conventional methods like INSERT or SELECT FOR UPDATE. In short, I want to update this bulk data into Database at a shot. I am using Java as a programming language. So I guess, options related to script...

Encryption/Decrypting Oracle Data
I have following questions, appreciate your response: 1. I have Ocale Enterprise Dition license, If I used dbms_obfusaction i Oracle 9i R2, does it require advnaced security option lcesne I do not thn so. 2. If I use Oracle 10G R2 Trasparent Data Enryption - does it require advnaced security option? 3. If I used dbms_crypto but do not use Transparent Data Encryption - does it required advnaced security option? 4.Transparent Data Encryption Data Type Support The first release of transparent data encryption will support the following data types. Additional data types will be supported in fut...

Web resources about - how to do an update of the already encrypted data - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Ricky McCormick's encrypted notes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Two hand-written documents were found in the pockets of murder victim Ricky McCormick when his body was discovered in a field in St. Charles ...

Facebook: 95% of Notification Emails Encrypted Thanks to Providers’ STARTTLS Deployment
... encryption standard , which it originally wrote about in May , saying that 95 percent of its notification emails are now successfully encrypted ...

An Update on Encrypted UIDs
An Update on Encrypted UIDs

ChatSecure: Encrypted, Secure Multiprotocol Chat and Instant Messaging (Google Talk, XMPP) on the App ...
Get ChatSecure: Encrypted, Secure Multiprotocol Chat and Instant Messaging (Google Talk, XMPP) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

NSW Bikie gangs' encrypted BlackBerrys beat law
Bikie gangs and organised crime groups are believed to have foiled police attempts to tap their phones by importing untraceable, encrypted BlackBerrys ...

Secret origins of Telegram, the encrypted messaging app favoured by Islamic State
... have claimed Telegram is actually not all that secure: a flaw that may reflect the fact that Telegram wasn't initially conceived as an encrypted ...

Obama won't seek access to encrypted user data
Obama administration backs down in its bitter dispute with Silicon Valley over encryption of data on digital devices.

Are encrypted phones allowing criminals to get away with murder?
Sydney crime and bikie gangs are using&nbsp;uncrackable&nbsp;mobile phones to arrange murders, shootings and drug deals &ndash; hampering&nbsp;the ...

Whistleblower app FraudSec features anonymising encrypted messaging
A one-time whistleblower has launched a new app that helps people report fraud anonymously while protecting their identity.

British prime minister says he’ll ban encrypted chat apps if he can’t see your messages
For several months we've followed the U.S. government's attempts to work around encryption in chat apps, even taking the hyperbole to an illogical ...