how to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database

I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database.

Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical
a can't export those
owner through exp/imp utility..
example
    exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public>
file=public_synonims.dmp

any idea???

0
Tom
2/21/2005 8:25:59 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Tom wrote:
> I need to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database.
>
> Since public synonyms are logical objects and owner 'PUBLIC' is also logical
> a can't export those
> owner through exp/imp utility..
> example
>     exp system/manager@pro.proliant from user = <public>
> file=public_synonims.dmp
>
> any idea???

Don't - create a script instead.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Don't - create a script instead.

0
Tom
2/21/2005 12:50:17 PM
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:50:17 +0100, Tom wrote:

> And script looks like???
> can you please write some example?

Use the following steps to get an example:

1) start a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox
2) in the URL are, enter: http://www.google.com
3) in the text box enter: "oracle script to export public synonyms"
4) in the results page, select the first displayed link

Use the skills to decide when to use the enter key or submit button.

(By the way, the search resulted in about 4,760 results, the first of
which was to gennick.com/extract_synonyms.html)

lol/FGB
0
GreyBeard
2/21/2005 1:09:25 PM
"Tom" <mail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cvcle4$skh$1@ls219.htnet.hr...
> And script looks like???
> can you please write some example?
>
> "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Don't - create a script instead.

SQL*Plus scripts, that is -- or perhaps, TOAD.

Are you familiar with the data dictionary? The idea is to write a SQL
statement that select data from the data dictionary to generate 'CREATE
PUBLIC SYNONYM' SQL statements, save the generated statements to a file (the
script file), and then execute the script file in the new environment.

You can automate this to a degree with the SQL*Plus SPOOL command and other
formatting commands, are just cut and paste the results of your query into a
file.

Have you used SQL*Plus or TOAD?

++ mcs

0
Mark
2/21/2005 1:11:28 PM
so funny!!!! thanks anyway!!

"GreyBeard" <Fuzzy.GreyBeard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:50:17 +0100, Tom wrote:
>

>> And script looks like???
>> can you please write some example?
>
> Use the following steps to get an example:
>
> 1) start a browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox
> 2) in the URL are, enter: http://www.google.com
> 3) in the text box enter: "oracle script to export public synonyms"
> 4) in the results page, select the first displayed link
>
> Use the skills to decide when to use the enter key or submit button.
>
> (By the way, the search resulted in about 4,760 results, the first of
> which was to gennick.com/extract_synonyms.html)
>
> lol/FGB

0
Tom
2/22/2005 8:55:49 AM
yes, t.o.a.d is the best tool for running queries..and lot's of other
things...
i "copy" synonyms from  one database to other, by writing my own script...

"Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX@Xenquery .com> wrote in message

> "Tom" <mail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> And script looks like???
>> can you please write some example?
>>
>> "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>> Don't - create a script instead.
>>

> SQL*Plus scripts, that is -- or perhaps, TOAD.
>
> Are you familiar with the data dictionary? The idea is to write a SQL
> statement that select data from the data dictionary to generate 'CREATE
> PUBLIC SYNONYM' SQL statements, save the generated statements to a file
> (the script file), and then execute the script file in the new
> environment.
>
> You can automate this to a degree with the SQL*Plus SPOOL command and
> other formatting commands, are just cut and paste the results of your
> query into a file.
>
> Have you used SQL*Plus or TOAD?
>
> ++ mcs

0
Tom

moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one
hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc. what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point. thank you! "noumian" <n.noumia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1e751a0c-d5ca-4f2c-a126-d97ad842da61@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. > i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another compu...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.
It seems the backup and restore method does not work. On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Apr 17, 2:57=A0pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. > > Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? > > -- > Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

Copy data from one oracle database to another
Hello, I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to remain constant. The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines. So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that. The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ? Can anyone suggest or advise? Thanks in Advance. Kapil Kapil wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 oracle instance. I need to copy approx 80-90 thousand records > from one oracle database to another on a daily basis. The table > structure is different for both the database. But the mapping for > column from a table in database1 to column in database2 is going to > remain constant. > The databases are in the same network but may be on different machines. > So I need to know what is the fastest and reliable way do that. > > The one way I can think is about Oracle Link between database. But I > have never done this before and not sure how efficient is this ? > > Can anyone suggest or advise? > Thanks in Advance. > > Kapil If 10g use Change Data Capture or write an external table. You can find demos of both in Morgan's Library at www....

I need to move oracle database from one to another server
Hello. Please take into consideratio a scenarrio... on left and hardware the same server on right SUN server SUN server Solaris Oracle database And now. Left server is working. But I stopped whole server one month ago and did _full_ backup of all filesystems. After that server and database were operating back for one month. Now. I have second SUN identical server on the right. I did full restore on this server (of all filesystems). But of course database is not up to date. I can stop oracle on left and move some files to right server. My idea is to do: On the ...

US-DC: Washington-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - Oracle 11g... Job Location: DC: Washington Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Pho...

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Pointed out first on the Informix usenet group where they are watching a great product, first marginalized, now suffering the death of a thousand paper-cuts. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> wrote: > http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html Is Oracle trying to take over the world? Laurenz Albe Laurenz Albe wrote: > DA Morgan <damorgan@psoug.org> ...

US-VA: McLean-Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Oracle DBA - Oracle Database Administrator - RAC - Oracle Job Location: VA: McLean Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2010-11-19 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: ...

Oracle database export
Hi, I need to export an Oracle database to a DDL-formated file. On the Web, I found a Python script that did exactly this for a MS Access database, but not one for Oracle databases. Does anyone know of such a tool or Python script. regards tores Tor Erik Soenvisen wrote: > Hi, > > I need to export an Oracle database to a DDL-formated file. On the Web, I > found a Python script that did exactly this for a MS Access database, but > not one for Oracle databases. > > Does anyone know of such a tool or Python script. Oracle is equipped with tools to do that. For exampl...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Tha...

Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi, I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , insert ...), so you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there is a infdump direcorty) - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a databas...

Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat open-source database vendor
http://www.computerworld.com/databasetopics/data/software/story/0,10801,108680,00.html No problem at all: IBM has already an open source embedded dbms: cloudscape If this is not enough: open source the other "embedded" dbms: informix J�rgen Buck wrote: > No problem at all: > IBM has already an open source embedded dbms: cloudscape > If this is not enough: open source the other "embedded" dbms: informix > Cloudscape doesn't have near the installed base of Sleepycat. If you have ever used DBM files on a system, this is the company that ma...

Using Objects from one database in another database
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on ...

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril On 10 Aug 2004, jewelk@free.fr wrote: > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a > sqlserver 2000 database. A few options exist. If this is one-off, just use sqlldr to drop the data to a file and then bcp to get it into SQLServer. > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, ...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi Sven. Try the following command. dbexport <your database>. Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> ..unl is ASCII file ..sql is create table script. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >Reply-To: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle >Date: 15 Oct 2003 23:35:11 -0700 > >Hi, >I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, >but its my job to tra...

Web resources about - how to export public synonyms from one to another oracle database - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Synonym - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Synonyms are words with the same or similar meanings. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous , and the state of being a synonym is ...

Rhymes & 'Nyms™ – Where Rhymes, Antonyms, Synonyms and Homonyms meet on the App Store on iTunes
Get Rhymes & 'Nyms™ – Where Rhymes, Antonyms, Synonyms and Homonyms meet on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

'Synonym of evil': Legal Aid lawyers tried to have rape charges against Adrian Bayley dropped
Adrian Bayley's taxpayer-funded Victorian Legal Aid lawyers tried to have the rape charges against him dropped because he had been demonised ...

YouTube - The Sex Slang Ballad: 99 Synonyms For Sex
Veröffentlicht am 10.06.2013 The Sex Slang Ballad highlights 99 synonyms for sex, mainly used by guys! Warning, this song wont help you get ...

China's state-owned firms not synonym of 'non-market' entity
China's state-owned firms not synonym of 'non-market' entity People's Daily Online By Zhong Sheng ( People's Daily ) Recently, some countries ...

'Grease' Is the Word ... and a Synonym for That Word Is 'Awesome'
Fox's first foray into the live musical craze that's been sweeping the airwaves was an unqualified success, as the three-hour broadcast of "Grease: ...

Price Drop: Grammar Expert: Synonyms, Antonyms and Homonyms
Grammar Expert: Synonyms, Antonyms and Homonyms 1.1 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 1.1 ( iTunes ) Description: ...

Google Cards for Synonyms and Antonyms
Google has a clever way to adapt the dictionary card based on your query. If you search for [ work synonym ], Google only includes a list of ...

N.H. rep. condemned for using ‘vagina’ as synonym for ‘woman’ in all-House email
A state representative said he was just trying to emphasize a point when he used “vagina” as a synonym for

Right Wing Heads Explode: Thesaurus Now Lists 'Redneck' & 'Right-Winger' As Synonyms For 'Obstructionist' ...
Right Wing Heads Explode: Thesaurus Now Lists 'Redneck' & 'Right-Winger' As Synonyms For 'Obstructionist'