is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?

Hi,

My application uses OCI to access Oracle database.
Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of
configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or
different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking
the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my
application?

Thanks in advance,
Ramakrishna.

0
RamaKrishna
6/15/2006 6:41:29 AM
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My application uses OCI to access Oracle database.
>Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of
>configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or
>different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking
>the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my
>application?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Ramakrishna.

It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
0
Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Hi Sybrand,

Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your
response.
Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and
password?

Thanks,
Ramakrishna.

0
RamaKrishna
6/15/2006 8:37:28 AM
On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>>
>> It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different.
>>
>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
>
>Hi Sybrand,
>
>Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your
>response.
>Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and
>password?
>
>Thanks,
>Ramakrishna.

Instance parameter means