java stored procedure java.io.IOException

Hello,

 i have a java stored procedure which read, write files. Since a few
days
i have problem if the file is greater 32K i get a java.io.IOException
(write 32k is okay write next block with 16k -> Exception). I use sun
solaris with oracle 8.1.7. There is enough space on the filesystem. I
hope some one has an idea, Thanks.

best regards
Thomas
comp.databases.oracle.misc 8436 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Executing Oracle stored procedure from a Java stored procedure
Hi, Here is my pb : Executing an Oracle stored procedure from a Java method included within a Java class stored on the Oracle database causes an error ORA-03113 "End of file on communication canal". When executing the Java method straight from a command line everything is ok. If executed from the Oracle server, I get this message. I need your help ! Alain Alain ROUILLON wrote: > Hi, > > Here is my pb : > > Executing an Oracle stored procedure from a Java method included within a > Java class stored on the Oracle database causes an e...

Java Stored Procedure extraction from Oracle database.
Hi all, I am interested in extracting the class or jar files which are stored as java stored procedures in Oracle. But I want to know if these are stored as references to external files in Oracle database or directly inside the database. In case if it is directly stored inside the database is there any way to extract it?. If I can extract these java files, can these be used in non Oracle applications? Please help, Thanks, Suresh Tri Suresh Tri wrote: > Hi all, > > I am interested in extracting the class or jar files which are stored > as java stored procedures in Oracle. But I want to know if these are > stored as references to external files in Oracle database or directly > inside the database. In case if it is directly stored inside the > database is there any way to extract it?. If I can extract these java > files, can these be used in non Oracle applications? The source code for Java Stored Procedures, _when made available_, is stored in the dictionary. The dictionary views are discussed in detail in the Oracle Reference manual at http://docs.oracle.com (for Oracle9i R2 the html version is http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96536/toc.htm) and you would want to look at ALL_JAVA_ARGUMENTS ALL_JAVA_CLASSES ALL_JAVA_DERIVATIONS ALL_JAVA_FIELDS ALL_JAVA_IMPLEMENTS ALL_JAVA_INNERS ALL_JAVA_LAYOUTS ALL_JAVA_METHODS ALL_JAVA_NCOMPS ALL_JAVA_RE...

Connection to different databases from Oracle Java Stored Procedure
Hi, Is it possible to make JDBC connection to a Sybase DB from whithin an Oracle 9i java stored procedure. Thanks Yes, provided you have a pure Java JDBC drivers (type 4) of the target database. I have a SQL Server example that you can easily replicate for Sybase in book (look for "JDBC Call-Out to non-Oracle database" in chapter 4). http://db360.blogspot.com/2006/08/oracle-database-programming-using-java_01.html Kuassi murat.arslan@turkcell.com.tr wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to make JDBC connection to a Sybase DB from whithin an > Oracle 9i...

Java object as parameter to Java stored procedure
What are the steps required to do to pass user defined class object as the parameter(IN or OUT) to java stored procedure, that class was uploaded into schema. thanks kastis wrote: > > What are the steps required to do to pass user defined class object as > the parameter(IN or OUT) to java stored procedure, that class was > uploaded into schema. You neglected to mention the DBMS you're using, but the general way is to use setObject() for IN parameters and registerOutParameter() and getObject() for OUT parameters. Here's an example for an IN/OUT parameter: ...

Passing Java object as parameter to the java stored procedure
Hi Need a help on the above topic, how to pass a java object as parameter to the java stored procedure .Code snippets will be greatly appreciated , i came across udf/udts etc but still not able to achieve the result. Thankx in advance. ...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Issue calling java store procedure (could not load Java class)
I keep getting the following error message when calling a test java stored procedure. C:\Users\Eric>db2 call insert_javasp('AAA') SQL4304N Java stored procedure or user-defined function "ERIC.INSERT_JAVASP", specific name "INSERT_JAVASP" could not load Java class "INSERT_JAVASP", reason code "1". SQLSTATE=42724 Currently the only way to get this sp to work is to copy the .class file to C:\ProgramData\IBM\DB2\DB2COPY1\function How do I get this to use the jar in C:\ProgramData\IBM \DB2\DB2COPY1\function\jar\Eric I have w...

Oracle Java Stored Procedures Hand
Hi, We are experiencing a problem where a Java Stored Procedures hangs at initialization time if multiple uses enter the procedure at the same time. We've checked for table locks, etc. and there are none. The JSP seems to hang while a new object is being created. The object is basically a data area, one ArrayList and a couple of string objects, usually assorment of methods. Any ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks ...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Book: Java External UDF's and Java Stored Procedures?
Hi all I'm looking for a good book about Java-based external user-defined functions. Also a book about Java-based Stored procedures is needed. Could someone recommend smth., please? Newest editions are preferred, of course. Thnx in advance, Michael Mishk@ wrote: > Hi all > > I'm looking for a good book about Java-based external user-defined > functions. Also a book about Java-based Stored procedures is needed. > Could someone recommend smth., please? > Newest editions are preferred, of course. > > Thnx in advance, > Michael The Appli...

Stopping Oracle stored procedure from Java code
Hello, I do hope somebody has already solved my problem. I have an application that spawns 4 different threads. Each thread will perform it's own task which is calling a stored procedure. Each stored procedure could possibly run a very long time. The user should be able to stop any of the tasks he started. Stopping a task means stopping a stored procedure and doing the clean up of the affected tables. My only idea on how to stop a stored proc is to close the database connection that the thread is using to call a stored procedure. I'm not sure it's such a good idea though... W...

Multithreaded java application as a stored procedure in Oracle
Has anyone successfully deployed a multithreaded java app as a stored procedure in Oracle? When we run it, it's hanging when a new thread is started. Thanks in advance Igal ...

Stopping Oracle stored procedure from the Java code
Hello, I do hope somebody has already solved my problem. I have an application that spawns 4 different threads. Each thread will perform it's own task which is calling a stored procedure. Each stored procedure could possibly run a very long time. The user should be able to stop any of the tasks he started. Stopping a task means stopping a stored procedure and doing the clean up of the affected tables. My only idea on how to stop a stored proc is to close the database connection that the thread is using to call a stored procedure. I'm not sure it's such a good idea th...

SQL Stored Procedures X Java Stored Procedures in DB2 8.2
Hi All, We are starting a large data warehousing project using DB2 8.2 on AIX. There is a direction to move any new internal development to Java and a question was raised: Would it be a good idea to have all stored procedures that we might need (ETL, additional transformers, etc) for this project and any other project written in Java as opposed to SQL/P? Does anyone have any number or experience in terms of performance differences? Regards, Rafael Faria Rafael Faria wrote: > Hi All, > > We are starting a large data warehousing project using DB2 8.2 on AIX. >...

java.io.FileReader and java.io.FileWriter encoding
Hi, I recently changed the hosting for my website (from Linux to Linux) and now I'm experiencing some trouble with java.io.FileReader and java.io.FileWriter: their getEncoding() method returns ASCII (returned ISO8859_1 on the previuos host). I've set -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 but nothing has changed, except that javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility.getDefaultJavaCharset() effectively returns ISO-8859-1. Does anyone know how the default encoding is selected? I report some system properties: file.encoding.pkg: sun.io user.country: US java.runtime.version: 1.4.2_04-b05 os.version: 2...

cast java.io.PushbackReader to java.io.Reader?
Hi all, I have a function in Matlab that makes a database call and returns a java.io.Reader instance. Matlab seems to automatically convert this to a PushbackReader. Is there a way to force it to remain as just a Reader, or cast it to a Reader after the fact? Here's what it looks like: try xmlReader = myDBClient.read(java.lang.String(myXMLDocumentIdentifierString)) ... catch display([lasterr]); end result: xmlReader 1x1 java.io.PushbackReader where DBClient.read() signature is: public Reader read(String xmlDocumentIdentifier) {} The XML document identifier i...

Oracle Java or Open Java?
Last time I remember any discussion of using the Open JDK there was a general opinion that Sun^WOracle Java was still the way to go. Is this still the case? -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 11/7/2012 6:42 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Last time I remember any discussion of using the Open JDK there was a > general opinion that Sun^WOracle Java was still the way to go. > > Is this still the case? I think so. Unless you have good reasons to prefer the OpenJDK open source license. Arne On 11/07/2012 07:42 PM, ...

returning arbitrary Java objects from Oracle stored procedures
Hi, This is a little long winded, but please bear with me. There is a lot of background necessary to explain my questions. My application has been heavily using Oracle 9i stored procedures that return 'reference cursors' for some time now as a performance optimization (we are not interested in being database neutral). In most situations, what we are doing is gathering information from multiple sources to construct an instance of one of our application's Business Objects. Each Business Object instance is typically a tree structure that holds instances of various deta...

Call Oracle Stored Procedure from Java with less arguments
Hello! I have a Oracle stored procedure which accepts e. g. 7 parameters which describe the columns being updated in the database. Simplified it looks like that: PROCEDURE modify( nr IN OUT NUMBER, name IN CHAR, address IN CHAR, city IN CHAR, birthday IN DATE, errfield IN OUT CHAR, iret IN OUT NUMBER ); Now I intend to update only the "address". The other data doesn't change and shouldn't be updated. Li...

calling oracle stored procedures/functions from java (JDBC)
I'm a fairly experienced java developer who is trying to learn how to call some stored procedures in an Oracle database. I'm having trouble figuring out how to pass information into a stored procedure. The database has a packaged defined something like this: CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Some_Pak AS TYPE gtyp_order_record IS RECORD( g_whs WHSLOC.Whs%TYPE, --VARCHAR2(2) g_ship_lab SHPPAL.ship_lab%TYPE, --VARCHAR2(10) ... additional fields removed to save space ); TYPE gtyp_ref_order_record IS REF CURSOR RETURN gtyp_order_record; PROCEDURE StartOrder( p_order_record_i IN gt...

Oracle 11g: Java Stored Procedures
Working environment: Oracle 10.2.0.2 , 10.2.0.3 on several OS platforms Nor working environment: Oracle 11.1.0.6 on Windows XP Pro. The problem: JSP(Java Stored Procedure) and Wrapper PL/SQL package are own by user Schema1. User Schema1 Grants EXECUTE on Wrapper PL/SQL package to user Schema2. User Schema2 can execute pure PL/SQL function from Wrapper PL/SQL package on both Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g. User Schema2 cannot execute function using JSP on Oracle 11g. (Error ORA - 01031 -...) Please find below a working sample of the code to reproduce this problem. It works on Oracle 10g, but it f...

java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException:
I have an application that came to a grinding halt yesterday for no apparent reason. After looking into it I discovered that the file system had reached its capacity. My java guru is on holidays and wont be back for a week so I have been left to try and resolve this in his absence. In the tomcat logs directory the file "localhost_log-YYY-MM-DD.txt" is growing to 45MB in size every day. When looking into the file it contains the same error message over and over again: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: I have checked the Catalina.lo...

Problem with parameters passed to an Oracle stored procedure from java class
Hello all I have the following stored procedure in my Oracle XE Express Edition database : CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE InsertValue ( rowID OUT TABLEA.ID%TYPE, clientID IN TABLEA.CLIENTID%TYPE, batchNum IN TABLEA.BATHCNUMBER%TYPE, ticketNum IN TABLEA.TICKETNUMBER%TYPE ) AS BEGIN SELECT ID INTO rowID FROM TABLEA WHERE CLIENTID=clientID AND BATCHNUMBER=batchNum AND TICKETNUMBER=ticketNum; END; The above stored procedure I call from my Java class as follows: CallableStatement cs = conn.prepareCall("{call InsertValue(?, ?, ?, ?)}&q...

create varray in oracle trigger and pass it to java stored procedure
Hi all, I got a few question to here, and I am new to oracle and plsql. 1. will you be able to create varray in oracle trigger or stored procedure? something like CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE tempArray AS VARRAY(20) of VARCHAR2(10) 2. how do you put data into tempArray? 3. how to pass this array (tempArray) to a java stored procedure or function. What data type should the java function accept as parameter? thank you all~ dimefx.canada@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I got a few question to here, and I am new to oracle and plsql. > > 1. will you be able to create varray in...

Web resources about - java stored procedure java.io.IOException - comp.databases.oracle.misc

Restricting api.twitter.com to SSL/TLS traffic - Twitter Developers
This is an important notice for developers still using HTTP plaintext connections. On January 14th, 2014, connections to api.twitter.com will ...

Observer pattern - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The observer pattern is a software design pattern in which an object , called the subject, maintains a list of its dependents, called observers, ...

Bitkistl
This Java example shows how to program a Toolbar by the use of a string array and an index for the buttons. It shows how to respond to click ...

Android Developers Blog
Posted by Alex Klyubin, Android Security Engineer The Android security team has been investigating the root cause of the compromise of a bitcoin ...

An event store with optimistic concurrency
Like I mentioned last week - after only five posts on the subject - there still are a great deal of event sourcing nuances left to be discovered. ...

Android Developers Blog
Posted by Alex Klyubin, Android Security Engineer The Android security team has been investigating the root cause of the compromise of a bitcoin ...

Watch out for XmlPullParser.nextText()
public void parseXml(Reader reader) throws XmlPullParserException, IOException { XmlPullParser parser = Xml.newPullParser(); parser.setInput(reader); ...

Integrated video streaming: Initial steps
Currently, the rover uses the excellent IPWebcam program for Android to serve video frames. The client just makes HTTP requests for an image ...

用JDOM创建XML文件源代码
以下为引用的内容: package com.bjsxt.xml.training; import java.io.FileNotFoundException; import java.io.FileOutputStream; import java.io.IOException; ...

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
我的异常网之热门搜索专题提供权威的各类程序问题解决方案,欢迎您的到来。